10 star guide

VoidVictorious

11 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

The video guide says this is a 9.5 out of 10 difficulty. Is that accurate?

I never S ranked this on ps2 but i know of people who have. And it is all about planning and knowing the game inside out.

Since you need to play on hard/hard/extra, use no more then 2 saves, collect 150 items + 8 special items, melee 75/shoot 75 enemies take little damage and beat boat stage on under 80 seconds i believe and do all this in under 3 hours.

Think it's just a matter of knowing where everything is and plan how you are going to go about doing everything required.

43 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I never S ranked this on ps2 but i know of people who have. And it is all about planning and knowing the game inside out.

Since you need to play on hard/hard/extra, use no more then 2 saves, collect 150 items + 8 special items, melee 75/shoot 75 enemies take little damage and beat boat stage on under 80 seconds i believe and do all this in under 3 hours.

Think it's just a matter of knowing where everything is and plan how you are going to go about doing everything required.

I appreciate the feedback. Does anyone know of a video with commentary? Again, is this really a 9.5 according to the video?

10 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I appreciate the feedback. Does anyone know of a video with commentary? Again, is this really a 9.5 according to the video?

Every single guide has the game at a 9/10 and its all because of the 10 star trophy.

This is what i found by just googling it. 

• Like 1

In the trophy Guide on this side is a video walkthrough aswell... I ve done the 10 star run some weeks ago.. the biggest problem for me was the 500 damage Points. For the kills just make melee until you are done with hospital and on the streets you can farm the shooting kills. With the dog ending the time wasn’t a problem. Good luck with it. ? cheers 

It ain't that hard, unless you have bad luck and the game freezes when you have progressed far into the game without having used your second save.

I saved right before leaving the hospital, and after the boss fight prior to crossing the lake. There is video that shows a glitch that prevents that boss from damaging you in the first part of the boss fight, and how to deal with him in the second part of the fight. 

On PS2, I used my first save at the same spot, and the second prior to the boss fight mentioned above. I guess getting 10 stars on this version helped me to make the PS3 10 stars run easier.

10 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

The video guide says this is a 9.5 out of 10 difficulty. Is that accurate?

9.5 is a total exaggeration. I got the plat a few months ago and wouldnt rate it more than 6/10.

Just play the game on hard mode right from the start and you will know each enemy placement off by heart by the time you get to your 10 star run.

Get familiar with the game, enter just important rooms, first save before hospital chase scene, second save before Eddie fight.

Get shooting kills after you leave the hospital, go around SH and shoot everything you see.

There is no need to glitch Eddie as that seams to take more time then try and defeat him with minimal damage.

After Eddie, you can beat Hotel in around 15 mins, so maybe u will be lucky and earn 10 stars... if not (because of the boat stage and damage taken), u can just load the fight with Eddie and try again.

Regarding all the shit moves done with this abortion of the collection and all the glitches, which were the thing in the beginning, I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches or slow downs in both games. Game froze only one time and that was my first 10 star run at the first save... just as I clicked on the red square on a wall to save, bam, there it was, the damned game froze.

I do hope they remake first game and remaster other 3 as they should've been.

Cheers and good luck.

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'd love to plat this myself and seem a little intimidated with the difficulty as well because that damn trophy asks for so much for under 3 hours. How the hell do you keep track of 75 for melee and 75 for shooting? I know people recommend going for the 'Dog' ending because you'll skip 2 boss fights. Some wiseguy said use the trophies as a checklist, but I think that's a dumb idea. 

1 hour ago, Death said:

I'd love to plat this myself and seem a little intimidated with the difficulty as well because that damn trophy asks for so much for under 3 hours. How the hell do you keep track of 75 for melee and 75 for shooting? I know people recommend going for the 'Dog' ending because you'll skip 2 boss fights. Some wiseguy said use the trophies as a checklist, but I think that's a dumb idea. 

I'm in the same boat as you. Once you dinged the specific trophies, you have to make sure that particular run-through counts, otherwise you're left with a "blindfolded" run the next time.

• 4 years later...

Anyone got any foolproof strategies for the 2nd part of the Eddie fight?

I’m more worried about this fight (and the 500 dmg pts) than anything else in the game tbh… I watched a ton of different videos yesterday and every single person uses a completely different strategy, and almost all of them eat quite a bit of damage during that fight.

I’ve got a save file there but I want to find the best strategy before I start practicing the fight.

29 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Anyone got any foolproof strategies for the 2nd part of the Eddie fight?

I’m more worried about this fight (and the 500 dmg pts) than anything else in the game tbh… I watched a ton of different videos yesterday and every single person uses a completely different strategy, and almost all of them eat quite a bit of damage during that fight.

I’ve got a save file there but I want to find the best strategy before I start practicing the fight.

If you haven't taken much damage prior to fighting Eddie then if I remember right, you can take a decent amount of damage from him without going over 500.

The rest of the game after Eddie and the boat sequence isn't that bad and the final boss fight can be exploited I believe. I would just do my best with Eddie and the boat part, make a save after and if the end results doesn't give you the 10 stars then just reload and try again.

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

If you haven't taken much damage prior to fighting Eddie then if I remember right, you can take a decent amount of damage from him without going over 500.

The rest of the game after Eddie and the boat sequence isn't that bad and the final boss fight can be exploited I believe. I would just do my best with Eddie and the boat part, make a save after and if the end results doesn't give you the 10 stars then just reload and try again.

Thanks. Is there a particular strategy you’d recommend for fighting Eddie though?

The first part of the fight is absolutely foolproof with the overhead pipe swing, it’s the 2nd room where things get hairy.

8 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thanks. Is there a particular strategy you’d recommend for fighting Eddie though?

The first part of the fight is absolutely foolproof with the overhead pipe swing, it’s the 2nd room where things get hairy.

Try this.

I dont remember too much from the fight itself other than I know I took quite a few hits and still managed the requirement for 500 or less damage but that's only if you didn't take much damage earlier in the game.

I think it's really hard not to take damage so I would honestly just do my best. 

Wish I could be of more help. I did my 10 star run a long time ago. But I know Eddie and the boat part is probably the hardest part of the run.

In the 2nd phase of the fight you can see he baits Eddie into a corner. Maybe worth a try and see if you can pull it off. Good luck 🤞

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Try this.

I dont remember too much from the fight itself other than I know I took quite a few hits and still managed the requirement for 500 or less damage but that's only if you didn't take much damage earlier in the game.

I think it's really hard not to take damage so I would honestly just do my best. 

Wish I could be of more help. I did my 10 star run a long time ago. But I know Eddie and the boat part is probably the hardest part of the run.

I watched that video yesterday and tried it a few times and when that strat works it’s amazing. The only problem is that I found it’s more difficult than it looks to set it up and trap Eddie in the corner like this. If you mess it up he can end up shooting you quite a few times before you get him stun locked. Right now I’m leaning towards this or the chainsaw method I think.

I appreciate the help though mate. I saw some of your posts and tips on PST so I know you did this ages ago and probably forgot most of it. 😛

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I watched that video yesterday and tried it a few times and when that strat works it’s amazing. The only problem is that I found it’s more difficult than it looks to set it up and trap Eddie in the corner like this. If you mess it up he can end up shooting you quite a few times before you get him stun locked. Right now I’m leaning towards this or the chainsaw method I think.

I appreciate the help though mate. I saw some of your posts and tips on PST so I know you did this ages ago and probably forgot most of it. 😛

Haha wow I even forgot I posted tips for it! 😅 Just shows how long ago I did it. 😂 

I hope you get it eventually. I'm sure you will. You made it this far so it's just a matter of getting lucky with the setup with Eddie and pull it off. Just keep at it. 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Haha wow I even forgot I posted tips for it! 😅 Just shows how long ago I did it. 😂 

I hope you get it eventually. I'm sure you will. You made it this far so it's just a matter of getting lucky with the setup with Eddie and pull it off. Just keep at it. 😁

Hahaha yeah I was literally just studying your boat ride tips like 15 mins ago. 🤣 Thanks! I got a couple more runs before I get started but I’ll let you know how it goes.

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

Hahaha yeah I was literally just studying your boat ride tips like 15 mins ago. 🤣 Thanks! I got a couple more runs before I get started but I’ll let you know how it goes.

Please do man. 😁 I'll check the thread once you update it with your progress and hopefully the boat tips works for you. 😁🤞