Easy way to hide games?

mackenzie129

Hide in profile settings then let the OCD eat at you until you delete your profile and start over, probably worse answer your gonna get but that's how I feel when I see personal profile like that. :) 

Edited by Gikui

You will never get rid of them entirely. You can hide them from your library, you can hide them on this site, but some trace will always be left. That hidden trophy button right beside your premium will always remind you of those games. If you don't mind answering the question, just out of curiousity, why even bother hiding those 2 games in the first place? What makes OMDU or Ollie2 any different from the other like 150 games you gave up on finishing?

Edited by Nighcisama

20 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

You will never get rid of them entirely. You can hide them from your library, you can hide them on this site, but some trace will always be left. That hidden trophy button right beside your premium will always remind you of those games. If you don't mind answering the question, just out of curiousity, why even bother hiding those 2 games in the first place? What makes OMDU or Ollie2 any different from the other like 150 games you gave up on finishing?

A game is never given up on unless its hidden. Plus I had to keep some because I actually planned out my 2500th trophy due to an OutsideXbox video "8 Embarrassing Achievements You Don't Want on Your Gamercard" because F*** it. I'd also like to point out I hate grinding right after I beat a game, so I wait months or years to complete them. Some I hid are dead games/soon to be dead "OMDU" some I hated with a passion and would never ever touch again Ollie ollie (easily top 20 hated games list). If it makes a difference I'm not a competitive trophy hunter there's no point the top spot will always be hakoom and the other what top 20? 100? will always be these insanely high profiles, That unless you shared your account or quit your job and social life you'll never achieve. So to round it back because I want to. 

Hey more power to you, at the end of the day it is your profile and you can do what you want with it. I was just curious because even glancing quickly through your profile I have seen that you did not even complete some of the easiest games imaginable, like Jurassic Park, and your number of unearned trophies is over 4.000, which would be one hell of a effort to clean up. Going by that, and by the fact that the only logical reason I myself could think of to hide games was if you were aiming for 100% completion or at least close to it, I just had a hard time imagining that you would go back to complete games you haven't touched in over 4 years, let alone some of the hard as nails games like The Evil Within or Super Meat Boy. Going for the top spots is pointless I agree, not only are these accounts shared and at it for more than a decade, they also blitz through games so quickly that I can't imagine them even having fun doing it. Best to make your own goals, mine is to complete every game I have in my library, even if it takes a long time or I have to go back to it later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Hey more power to you, at the end of the day it is your profile and you can do what you want with it. I was just curious because even glancing quickly through your profile I have seen that you did not even complete some of the easiest games imaginable, like Jurassic Park, and your number of unearned trophies is over 4.000, which would be one hell of a effort to clean up. Going by that, and by the fact that the only logical reason I myself could think of to hide games was if you were aiming for 100% completion or at least close to it, I just had a hard time imagining that you would go back to complete games you haven't touched in over 4 years, let alone some of the hard as nails games like The Evil Within or Super Meat Boy. Going for the top spots is pointless I agree, not only are these accounts shared and at it for more than a decade, they also blitz through games so quickly that I can't imagine them even having fun doing it. Best to make your own goals, mine is to complete every game I have in my library, even if it takes a long time or I have to go back to it later.

60% is my goal that's it. but some arent hidden like SMB because the trophy was earned a week before my 2500th which would screw that up 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, Nighcisama said:

This is a clear example of us taking our profiles and others far too seriously.

I didn't give two shits about my profile until I actually started trophy hunting in mid 2015 when I was playing through Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

I will never hide any game from my profile unless it gets flagged, and even then the leaderboards are basically useless at this point for reasons you already stated in your response.

I try to complete every game I have too, in fact I go out of my way sometimes to complete DLC. But Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on the PS3 will never be complete because at this point they're just not worth the effort.

95 - 96 percent is what I'm aiming for. Anything above that is just extracurricular stuff I'm not too concerned with.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This is a clear example of us taking our profiles and others far too seriously.

I didn't give two shits about my profile until I actually started trophy hunting in mid 2015 when I was playing through Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

I will never hide any game from my profile unless it gets flagged, and even then the leaderboards are basically useless at this point for reasons you already stated in your response.

I try to complete every game I have too, in fact I go out of my way sometimes to complete DLC. But Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on the PS3 will never be complete because at this point they're just not worth the effort.

95 - 96 percent is what I'm aiming for. Anything above that is just extracurricular stuff I'm not too concerned with.

Not sure what your first sentence is actually directed at to be honest. I think you care more about your own profile than 90% of others on this site. After all you play games or DLC you openly dislike to reach your goal of maintaining a high completion rate, which is more than most people are willing to do, I have been there believe me. Granted I take it a step further, I want to stay as close as possible to 100%, but that is a goal i have set myself so I have to live with it, and it comes with its own rewarding moments to make up for the shit you have to go through sometimes, but who do I even tell that, you are far more accomplished than me after all.

Hiding games is a tool to push completion rate up the easy way, it is not a tool I think I would choose but I can understand why people want to hide games that ruin their fine looking completion rate by being impossible to platinum for them. Taking your own profile seriously in one way or another is kinda the point of this website and I see no problem with it. However I rarely see people taking other peoples profiles all that seriously, extreme cases aside. I have seen some people getting shit thrown at them for having very low completion, 70%+ average rarity or because they talked about games they did not have on their profile, but those were exceptions. Mostly people check and admire other profiles in silence and only bring stuff up when it actually is significant to the topic, like it was in this case.

22 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Not sure what your first sentence is actually directed at to be honest.

You made a paragraph regarding how somebody wants to hide their trophies. You delved into it a bit, and a lot of us including myself take things a bit too far when to comes to trophies.

24 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

After all you play games or DLC you openly dislike to reach your goal of maintaining a high completion rate, which is more than most people are willing to do, I have been there believe me.

I just made one quick status update on Goat Simulator's bad spaceship controls in the Waste of Space DLC. Didn't mind most of the game, in fact I enjoyed a couple of the DLC packs it offered.

The game I did before that that had DLC I enjoyed from start to finish, which was Saints Row: The Third. I try my best to get the most enjoyment out of the games I play.

26 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Granted I take it a step further, I want to stay as close as possible to 100%, but that is a goal i have set myself so I have to live with it, and it comes with its own rewarding moments to make up for the shit you have to go through sometimes, but who do I even tell that, you are far more accomplished than me after all.

I just think that would put too much stress on me. Eventually there will be a trophy that you either don't have the skill for or the trophy is unobtainable due to a glitch or server shutdown.

My philosophy is I like to get my money's worth out of most games. Trophy lists in general help explore what the games have to offer. If I spent $60 on a video game and only played it for a few minutes and decided I'm never going to play it again, I consider that a big waste of money. Sure, we may be disappointed in the product we buy, but I generally don't like to leave a lot of my games unfinished.

One exception is Assassins Creed Unity and I am not sure if I'm going to go back to that. I was very disappointed with the early chapters of the game and I found the running mechanics to be poor. It's likely I'll go back to it anyway and finish it, because it's been patched up since it got heavy criticism.

But if something is out of my skill range or I just jumped at the online too late, then I'm just going to accept the fact I can't get those trophies and move on.

You have a pretty decent profile, so you should be happy with what you've accomplished.

32 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Hiding games is a tool to push completion rate up the easy way, it is not a tool I think I would choose but I can understand why people want to hide games that ruin their fine looking completion rate by being impossible to platinum for them. Taking your own profile seriously in one way or another is kinda the point of this website and I see no problem with it. However I rarely see people taking other peoples profiles all that seriously, extreme cases aside. I have seen some people getting shit thrown at them for having very low completion, 70%+ average rarity or because they talked about games they did not have on their profile, but those were exceptions. Mostly people check and admire other profiles in silence and only bring stuff up when it actually is significant to the topic, like it was in this case.

I will likely never understand why a lot of people hide their games in general. That's hiding a part of your history, but like you said that still won't really go away because there is a blue "H" button in place of games that would otherwise show up on peoples trophy profiles.

Even if I encouraged myself to hide some games I still wouldn't do it because I hear it's difficult to unhide them. I guess Sony still hasn't fixed the issue of unhiding games that you earned trophies.

Everyone plays differently. I haven't found a single person in my 25+ years of gaming that has played exactly the same as someone else. Some people are content with just easy games, others always want a big challenge they can overcome. I'm basically average, I play a few hard games here and there but I'm mostly content with playing easy to medium difficulty based games. I don't like playing hard game after hard game because that is just too much for me to handle. I like to play games because they offer a form of escapist entertainment, which is something I greatly appreciate.

I only really criticize others if they're stacking a bunch of obvious easy, extremely fast platinums they got in less than 20 minutes. I don't see any enjoyment out of stacking all those games and then paying them across multiple accounts that are in different regions. I did that with Sound Shapes and it just felt awful.