Anime Suggestions

23 posts in this topic

Title says it all.

Completed titles perfered. 

Edited by Xorhi

Serial experiments lain

Edited by alicexshy

What genres do you like?

Bakuman is really good but I'd imagine a lot of people have watched it.

Here are a few shows that I enjoyed, since you didn't specify a genre: 

-Madoka Magica 

-Revolutionary Girl Utena

-Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 

-Kill la Kill 

-Mawaru Penguindrum 

-Darling in the Franxx 

Also, this one is just now airing, but I'd definitely recommend Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai as well. (Since it's based on one of the best manga out there.) :P  

This greatly depends on tastes...

Akame ga Kill

Bleach (and be thankful the anime was canceled where it was. That should have been the true ending.)

Devil is a Part Timer

Fullmetal Alchemist (first anime that takes on its own story using the bones of the manga)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (manga material used rather than taking on its own path)

High School DxD 

Outlaw Star

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Yu Yu Hakusho

Zoids Chaotic Century

Without knowing what kind of content you would prefer to watch, it's very difficult to recommend any particular series. Anime is an all-encompassing medium and there is quite a variety of genre and subgenres that may or may not appeal to you. Do you like big hulking robots duking it out or would you prefer big burly dudes instead? Maybe you are more into the moe scene and you just want to watch cute girls doing cute stuff? Is comedy a thing for you or would you prefer a more serious, thought-provoking story? Are you okay with ecchi content in your series? This and many other questions could arise when trying to pick up a good series.

You could follow the link above to find out some good recommendations for the many genres that are out there. Now, series I would personally recommend watching are:

- Angel Beats!

- Clannad

- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

- Death Note

- Little Busters!

- Lucky Star

- No Game No Life

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

- Sword Art Online

- One Punch Man

Those are my top 10 at the moment. All of them have already aired a long time and you shouldn't have any major problems finding them online. Good luck :)

1 - Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titans)

2 - Boku No Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)

3 - Nanatsu No Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)

4 - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

5 - Death Note

6 - Overlord

7 - Goblin Slayer

All of them are masterpieces, if you are looking for anime relating to fantasy and fights any of those will do just fine, they all also has a very interesting story and narrative :yay: I haven't met anyone who dislikes any of those I mentioned. 

Tales of Zesteria the X
Zoids Chaotic Century
Zoids New Century Zero
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon Crystal
Digimon(Mainly watch Seasons 1-3, and 5)
Yugioh
Sword Art Online
X/1999
Cross Ange
Death Note
Code Geass
Dragon Drive
Pokemon
Puzzle Dragons Cross
Wolf's Rain

Would list Granblue the Animation and Dances with Dragons, but I'm not sure if those two plan on finishing or not whether in english dub or sub.
Puzzle Dragons Cross is finished in english sub, but not dub for some reason and think most of these I listed are finished depending on how you look at it and some are still on going.
These are a lot of the ones I did like though.

Devilman Crybaby was the last anime that got me obsessed and moved something inside me. It was totally a masterpiece. I recommend. 

Psycho Pass

Tokyo Ghoul

Akame ga kill

Sword Art online

Code Geass

Soul eater

Maid Sama

Shingeki No Kyojin

code realize

death note

aoi no exorcist 

full metal alchemist

bleach

one piece

dragonball

hunter x hunter

naruto

I haven't watched much Anime in recent years, but when I was heavily into it these were some I personally enjoyed:

Higurashi: When They Cry

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts)

Full Moon o Sagashite (Looking For the Full Moon)

Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey)

Gungrave

Genshiken

Berserk

Monster

Fantastic Children

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Attack on Titan

Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit)

Eyeshield 21

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales

Now and Then, Here and There

Most of these are in the darker side if that's your thing. There's more to this list, but these stood out to me at the moment.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Azumang Daioh

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun

Usagi Drop

Genshiken

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

School Live!

• Future Diary
  • Danganronpa: The Animation
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • The Devil Is A Part-Timer
  • A Certain Magical Index
  • Excel Saga
  • .hack//SIGN

On 21/01/2019 at 10:33 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This greatly depends on tastes...

Akame ga Kill

Bleach (and be thankful the anime was canceled where it was. That should have been the true ending.)

Devil is a Part Timer

Fullmetal Alchemist (first anime that takes on its own story using the bones of the manga)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (manga material used rather than taking on its own path)

High School DxD 

Outlaw Star

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Yu Yu Hakusho

Zoids Chaotic Century

Bleach started off really well but after so long and a ridiculous amount of side episode started to really lose me. Though still sticking strong to one piece though the last two main arks have been very long and kinds feels tedious when you can't binge

4 hours ago, Xorhi said:

Bleach started off really well but after so long and a ridiculous amount of side episode started to really lose me. Though still sticking strong to one piece though the last two main arks have been very long and kinds feels tedious when you can't binge

I dropped the anime one day and decided that I would read the manga. That way I could stay up to date and then binge the filler seasons, which actually weren't bad and showed far better abilities than the manga itself. I did finish the anime though, and it should have ended at the end of the Ichigo vs Aizen. Never got into One Piece. I knew it would be long and there just weren't many characters I liked when it came out. Fast forward all these years later and I'm glad I didn't get into it. 

There are a ton of threads just like this one BTW. All I put in the search box was "Favorite Anime" and made it content title only and boom! Threads. I thought I'd link most of them below to help you out since you really didn't specify what type of anime you are looking for! :P 

One of these threads probably has this exact same list, but I might as well put it here too while I'm at it! haha.

Code Geass (mechs and mind games... ❤️)

Gungrave (My username is based off the main character if that tells you how much I love it)

Yu Yu Hakusho (A classic fighting manga)

Steins; Gate (masterpiece)

Hunter X Hunter (probably the best "big" manga adaptation IMO)

Mirai Nikki (Future Diaries)

Madoka Magica (looks super girly, but holy S#@*, it is not your typical Magic Girl anime. It's pretty dark).

Baccano! (Really a bizarre anime as it covers an entire event instead of focusing on one or a set of main characters. Absolutely love it though. Opening is killer!)

Death Parade (An anime about choices)

When They Cry (f*&^ing terrifying)

Devil is a part-timer

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Guys, sorry, I hate anime. But I am so in love with Persona 5 that I already bought it even though I am still to get a PS4.

So I am curious, are there any animes in the same vein as Shin Megami Tensei/Persona? I think I might like them if I give them a try.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a classic and one of my favorites, it still holds up to this day imo.

Also The Promised Neverland is great.

I'm do not watch anime often (my best friend do tho and he recommended me a great site), but I found one:

Psycho-Pass

I'm so in love with it, would recommend if you're into crime and cyberpunk shows. There's explicit violence too, so expect blood and gore. Season 1 was amazing, season 2 on the other hand, was mediocre.

Edited by LCDR_McGarrett
grammar

13 hours ago, LCDR_McGarrett said:

I'm do not watch anime often (my best friend do tho and he recommended me a great site), but I found one:

Psycho-Pass

I'm so in love with it, would recommend if you're into crime and cyberpunk shows. There's explicit violence too, so expect blood and gore. Season 1 was amazing, season 2 on the other hand, was mediocre.

Watch it though and did enjoy it

On 2/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, ShepardNMDY said:

Guys, sorry, I hate anime. But I am so in love with Persona 5 that I already bought it even though I am still to get a PS4.

So I am curious, are there any animes in the same vein as Shin Megami Tensei/Persona? I think I might like them if I give them a try.

Try "Fate Stay Night" :)

How about some old classics like City Hunter, Kimagure Orange Road, or Ranma 1/2?

Some of my favorites:

Birdy the Mighty

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

Black Lagoon

A Certain Magical Index: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5yrkLRQslo

Baka+Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQB71qZAO0c

D-Frag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaVVbM84uRY

Haganaihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9o6JQGVSWg

Kaze no Stigma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDP26ueA-g

Princess Resurrection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bvxZih3abc