"Upcoming Trophy" x 5???

XjaegerbombX

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It appeals to the people who only have a PS4. I still play across all three systems mostly because there’s no backwards compatibility. 

Appeals to me...

I didn’t think Dead Space was stiff. Which goes back to my point on people who can’t go back to older games because of the older game mechanics. 

It’s just like the people who complain the game mechanics suck after they bought the PS2 GTA trilogy on the PS4. I mean yeah, the mechanics weren’t the best, but that was the standard. Then they give up and play a newer game that has more streamlined mechanics. 

You’re not going to see me complain on the original Assassins Creed’s gaming mechanics after I played through Assassins Creed Odyssey. Why? Because it’s an older game that went under a different standard. 

Isaac could have used some stretching lessons before that game started lol.

People are different though. I could go back to any game and still play them, but it doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it more simply because it was "standard at the time". I can, however, appreciate that that's how it was done as well as enjoy the advancements made. Would you go back to the internet and computers from the 90's and not complain about how bad they are compared to now just because it was standard? Time doesn't work like that and the classics can be appreciated and enjoyed, but I take issue when people jump into fantard territory by saying they were better simply because they are classics. The AC games prior to Origins just don't handle as well and the devs made it so moving around is actually the players fault for screw ups. No more running up random trees because in order to climb now you need to be holding :r2: which isn't used to run anymore. 

That’s true. But my definition of streamlined also means just taking the same formula and copy paste. 

This is part of the reason why I don’t play a lot of AAA games anymore because they have to go with what’s already in place rather than branching out and trying something different. 

That's been going on in every genre for a long time though. It's not AAA vs Indies here. It's genres.

Open world RPG's largely use the same mechanics so it's going to feel like a re-skinned game of whatever was first to make the change. This will happen in the future.

Turn based games are the same with maybe different navigational mechanics on the world map.

Racing games are largely the same it just depends on how fine tuned the developers thought the driving should be as well as graphics.

Fighting games haven't changed in forever from what I've seen except in the graphics department and how fluid the motions are. Still going to be button inputs in a certain way to unleash combos.

Hack n slashers are the same with very few differences in play style like Dynasty Warriors vs Devil May Cry. But games that use the same styles largely are unchanged.

Playing Dead Nation vs Gauntlet, twin stick shooters I think they're called?, there wasn't much difference at all except some long range/short range combat tactics.

Sports games tend to be the biggest aggressor in this category and I see more people online complain about how it's more of the same with barely fine tuned mechanics year after year.

All in all genres will go with what works best. It's up to the player to look past that and see the story/world. In the future this will be no different when changes are made across the board. You can look at my profile and see just about every game probably resembles another in the genre in some way with very few games standing out, but I can see past the mechanics formula, the standard for our time ;), and see what's behind it. That's why story games will always reign supreme for me. I can forget I'm holding a controller if I'm fully immersed in the world and then the controls being like some other game don't mean anything.

23 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

People are different though. I could go back to any game and still play them, but it doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it more simply because it was "standard at the time". I can, however, appreciate that that's how it was done as well as enjoy the advancements made. Would you go back to the internet and computers from the 90's and not complain about how bad they are compared to now just because it was standard? Time doesn't work like that and the classics can be appreciated and enjoyed, but I take issue when people jump into fantard territory by saying they were better simply because they are classics. The AC games prior to Origins just don't handle as well and the devs made it so moving around is actually the players fault for screw ups. No more running up random trees because in order to climb now you need to be holding :r2: which isn't used to run anymore.

Comparing the internet and computers from the 1990s and the game mechanics that were present in the older Assassins Creed games aren't the same thing.

And I know the 90s era well. You had to use DOS Prompt to play a lot of games, and later on when the floppy disk format became obsolete, it was CD-ROMs.

It bothers me when people complain that something like Assassins Creed 2 just doesn't run as well as Assassins Creed Odyssey. You can apply every PS3 game with the PS4 Pro and it's the same situation.

I can appreciate Super Mario 64 as much as I appreciate Super Mario Galaxy 2. 64 is a timeless classic that I still go back to from time to time on an emulator. Super Mario Galaxy 2 I played a couple years ago and I found myself engaged in the gameplay.

But instead of simply appreciating the work, effort and dedication it took to make those classics, people go right around and say games like Dead Space are just too stiff. That was the standard, and when I went for my platinum run I enjoyed the game a lot.

People get this mindset that everything new is good and everything old is bad. It doesn't matter if I buy the PS1 Classic and decide to play some games. I won't buy the PS1 Classic because I think it's a piece of shit, but if I were to buy it that is what I would be doing.

Call me stuck in the past, self minded, whatever. It pisses me off that a lot of people can't appreciate the actual game and instead just go on a tirade saying that the older Assassins Creed games just don't run as well.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Comparing the internet and computers from the 1990s and the game mechanics that were present in the older Assassins Creed games aren't the same thing.

And I know the 90s era well. You had to use DOS Prompt to play a lot of games, and later on when the floppy disk format became obsolete, it was CD-ROMs.

It bothers me when people complain that something like Assassins Creed 2 just doesn't run as well as Assassins Creed Odyssey. You can apply every PS3 game with the PS4 Pro and it's the same situation.

Time and technology makes it comparable to what you were saying though. 2 points in time where things were good and not good. 

You can't apply that though and I'll go even further back than the PS3 for you. There are some PS3 games that still perform very well and on par with some PS4 games. Hell even some of the PS2 games still play the same on the PS4 as they did back then. Rogue Galaxy played better than early AC games I think, even if it was a different genre. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 played better than plenty of games I've played on the next 2 systems. Bujingai The Forsaken City, last I played, still felt more fluid to me than the Assassin's Creed games. Devil May Cry 3 holds up incredibly well still. I'm not saying it's a 100% thing, but in the case of the AC series it is undeniable that they've advanced the mechanics with each game. From the lackluster combat of the first game, to giving us chain kills, to giving us smooth assassinations, and then moving to the smoother RPG style of Origins. FFS even Ocarina of Time handles better than some games they have nowadays. (I can list a few examples from my own list imo that fit that bill and some players here specifically play the bottom of the barrel just to see how bad they are and it's not even a debate that they are worse than games of yesteryear.)

I can appreciate Super Mario 64 as much as I appreciate Super Mario Galaxy 2. 64 is a timeless classic that I still go back to from time to time on an emulator. Super Mario Galaxy 2 I played a couple years ago and I found myself engaged in the gameplay.

But instead of simply appreciating the work, effort and dedication it took to make those classics, people go right around and say games like Dead Space are just too stiff. That was the standard, and when I went for my platinum run I enjoyed the game a lot.

That's good that you can appreciate it. The problem lies when a person states the "classic" is a better game simply for that reason even if they had more fun in the newer game. (yes people like that exist and I rarely debate with them) 

My point above goes to why it wasn't standard, and even if it was? Stiff is stiff. (and yes I realize sensitivity is subjective) As of right now some games are more stiff than others and that's just how it is. It's more a lack of fine tuning the sensitivity settings depending on the person in charge of it. Dead Space came out after Assassin's Creed and Uncharted and neither of those games were as stiff. I'm not knocking Dead Space here, it's merely an example of a game at a place in time that I'm using to compare to others. I enjoyed it as well, although not enough to correct my monumental fuck up, and maybe one day I'll get over that mistake and go plat it. xD 

People get this mindset that everything new is good and everything old is bad. It doesn't matter if I buy the PS1 Classic and decide to play some games. I won't buy the PS1 Classic because I think it's a piece of shit, but if I were to buy it that is what I would be doing.

Call me stuck in the past, self minded, whatever. It pisses me off that a lot of people can't appreciate the actual game and instead just go on a tirade saying that the older Assassins Creed games just don't run as well.

I'm not of that mindset, and do understand why you're against it. You'll see I've platted every AC game except Brotherhood on the ps3 and Liberation for the Vita, for obvious reasons lol, so my opinions are more than just someone going with the flow of time. (also the chronicles games but they're a bit outside of what the topic is about) I've spent over 300 hours in both Origins and Odyssey. I'm not just talking shit here. 

Going even further, some of my favorite games aren't even in this current generation and can go back as far as PS1/PS2. That doesn't mean I won't acknowledge that games, most at least, run better nowadays simply because "back then technology wasn't as advanced". As stated above games going back into the 90's have felt more fluid to me than some games I've played up until now without a doubt.

I'm not calling you anything. I'm not here for that nor am I attacking you. I'm just letting you know there's another point of view.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

You can't apply that though and I'll go even further back than the PS3 for you. There are some PS3 games that still perform very well and on par with some PS4 games. Hell even some of the PS2 games still play the same on the PS4 as they did back then. Rogue Galaxy played better than early AC games I think, even if it was a different genre. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 played better than plenty of games I've played on the next 2 systems. Bujingai The Forsaken City, last I played, still felt more fluid to me than the Assassin's Creed games. Devil May Cry 3 holds up incredibly well still. I'm not saying it's a 100% thing, but in the case of the AC series it is undeniable that they've advanced the mechanics with each game. From the lackluster combat of the first game, to giving us chain kills, to giving us smooth assassinations, and then moving to the smoother RPG style of Origins. FFS even Ocarina of Time handles better than some games they have nowadays. (I can list a few examples from my own list imo that fit that bill and some players here specifically play the bottom of the barrel just to see how bad they are and it's not even a debate that they are worse than games of yesteryear.)

If you want good examples then just watch a random selection of AVGN YouTube episodes. Many of those NES games by and large weren't good at all, in fact I would compare some of them to some of today's garbage. Ghostbusters was a bad game, Ninja Gaiden was just brutally difficult. But many were just poorly programmed and were bad the day they were shipped.

Still, there are a select few guys out there who can appreciate what the NES generation brought to the table. Super Mario Bros 3 was the first video game I ever played, so you can get a good idea of where my enjoyment for gaming started.

There are certain aspects of the older Assassins Creed games that I appreciate, some of which I want brought back. The original Assassins Creed, with only so so gameplay at best, was probably the best when it came to telling a story. Ubisoft did a good job at sucking you into it's story. Ever since they butchered Desmond Miles the present day has been nothing more than a shit show of watching scenes of Assassins battling the Templars. The whole Assassin vs Templar conflict has been muddled, but I don't know what has gone on in the new Assassins Creed games since I haven't played them.

The music was better in the old games. Jesper Kyd did an outstanding job. The Florence Assassins Creed 2 theme song is one of my personal favorites. The music in the new games just hasn't been that great.

14 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

That's good that you can appreciate it. The problem lies when a person states the "classic" is a better game simply for that reason even if they had more fun in the newer game. (yes people like that exist and I rarely debate with them)

There's no denying that Super Mario 64 was a major breakthrough in gaming, back at a time when developers were doing experiments and innovating to see what would stick. I don't just throw the word "classic" around for the hell of it. It truly was a fantastic game.

Maybe you were too young to play the game but when I played it for the first time back in the day, it literally drew my breath away.

16 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Dead Space came out after Assassin's Creed and Uncharted and neither of those games were as stiff. I'm not knocking Dead Space here, it's merely an example of a game at a place in time that I'm using to compare to others. I enjoyed it as well, although not enough to correct my monumental fuck up, and maybe one day I'll get over that mistake and go plat it. xD

That's really just your perspective of it.

I'm sure a lot of people who played the inFamous games first probably thought Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood were much too slow. Dead Space was basically a survival horror game, with a third person camera done in the same style as Batman: Arkham Knight. It was probably made to be stiff.

I mean cmon, people are dying by a bunch of alien invaders on a ship that has lost contact with the outside universe. Shouldn't Isaac be moving around in a stiff fashion, being cautious for what's around the corner? Dead Space wasn't designed to be running and gunning like Uncharted, or just run around and climb rooftops like Assassin's Creed. Isaac would look pretty stupid doing those things.

21 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'm not of that mindset, and do understand why you're against it. You'll see I've platted every AC game except Brotherhood on the ps3 and Liberation for the Vita, for obvious reasons lol, so my opinions are more than just someone going with the flow of time. (also the chronicles games but they're a bit outside of what the topic is about) I've spent over 300 hours in both Origins and Odyssey. I'm not just talking shit here. 

Going even further, some of my favorite games aren't even in this current generation and can go back as far as PS1/PS2. That doesn't mean I won't acknowledge that games, most at least, run better nowadays simply because "back then technology wasn't as advanced". As stated above games going back into the 90's have felt more fluid to me than some games I've played up until now without a doubt.

I'm not calling you anything. I'm not here for that nor am I attacking you. I'm just letting you know there's another point of view.

I will wholeheartedly admit I'm a bit of an asshole at times. You probably know that already.

All I was trying to say is people shouldn't get too overworked about the older games not running as well or the gameplay is as fluid as the later titles. That technology simply didn't exist at the time.

Still I can appreciate what Ubisoft has done, but what they've done for Origins and Odyssey won't hamper my ability to play Assassins Creed 2. I just accept the game as it was for the time, and how it holds up, and just go about my day.

I'm not attacking you either, I'm just offering my flip of the coin.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The music was better in the old games. Jesper Kyd did an outstanding job. The Florence Assassins Creed 2 theme song is one of my personal favorites. The music in the new games just hasn't been that great.

Origins has a great soundtrack, but you can't say the older stuff was better until you've played the games you haven't played yet, unless you've actually listened to the soundtracks on youtube ahead of time. Even then you have to hear the music in the setting of the game I believe for the full effect. Overlooking my bias for Black Flag I believe Origins had one of the better tracks. 

There's no denying that Super Mario 64 was a major breakthrough in gaming, back at a time when developers were doing experiments and innovating to see what would stick. I don't just throw the word "classic" around for the hell of it. It truly was a fantastic game.

Maybe you were too young to play the game but when I played it for the first time back in the day, it literally drew my breath away.

You're maybe 1.5 years older than me. Age plays zero part in this. There are older people than us that probably just got into gaming and younger people than us that have played 10x the amount of games we have. (much like I've stated in my checklist my very first games go back to the NES as a small child both of which I've revisited many times although not recently.)

That's really just your perspective of it.

I'm sure a lot of people who played the inFamous games first probably thought Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood were much too slow. Dead Space was basically a survival horror game, with a third person camera done in the same style as Batman: Arkham Knight. It was probably made to be stiff.

I mean cmon, people are dying by a bunch of alien invaders on a ship that has lost contact with the outside universe. Shouldn't Isaac be moving around in a stiff fashion, being cautious for what's around the corner? Dead Space wasn't designed to be running and gunning like Uncharted, or just run around and climb rooftops like Assassin's Creed. Isaac would look pretty stupid doing those things.

Haven't played Arkham Knight so I can't make the comparison. Yes Isaac should have been cautious. However, any sci fi show I've seen with people on a ship shows that those bastards can run at full speed when shit goes down lmfao. (unless a section of the ship has a hole in its hull and they need a suit for space stuff.) In the same vein of thought most Assassin's were in very populated places...didn't stop us from running around falling over after bumping into 2 people. Perspective can only play so much part before it's apparently which way a game leans. (sensitivity settings are there for a reason and why I said I know this topic is subjective.)

I will wholeheartedly admit I'm a bit of an asshole at times. You probably know that already.

All I was trying to say is people shouldn't get too overworked about the older games not running as well or the gameplay is as fluid as the later titles. That technology simply didn't exist at the time.

Still I can appreciate what Ubisoft has done, but what they've done for Origins and Odyssey won't hamper my ability to play Assassins Creed 2. I just accept the game as it was for the time, and how it holds up, and just go about my day.

I'm not attacking you either, I'm just offering my flip of the coin.

I like this site so I very rarely debate over anything. Those days are behind me for the most part. I risked a warning point over veering this thread off topic because I sometimes have fun debating still. Since I believe we've exhausted all points on the topics at hand we'll likely just go in circles from here.

46 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Origins has a great soundtrack, but you can't say the older stuff was better until you've played the games you haven't played yet, unless you've actually listened to the soundtracks on youtube ahead of time. Even then you have to hear the music in the setting of the game I believe for the full effect. Overlooking my bias for Black Flag I believe Origins had one of the better tracks.

Assassins Creed Black Flag. Assassins Creed Unity. Assassins Creed Syndicate. Those are newer games compared to the original Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and Revelations.

Personally I didn't like the music as much in those later titles. I'm fully aware Jesper Kyd got a lot of praise for his work. The newer stuff just doesn't move me.

48 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

You're maybe 1.5 years older than me. Age plays zero part in this. There are older people than us that probably just got into gaming and younger people than us that have played 10x the amount of games we have. (much like I've stated in my checklist my very first games go back to the NES as a small child both of which I've revisited many times although not recently.)

I'm specifically talking about the time in which the game was released. The late 90s. I had friends in school who had a Nintendo 64 and I was impressed with what I saw. Eventually I ended up getting the console for myself and having my own library of games.

If you want to take this as an insult, then just say it.

51 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Haven't played Arkham Knight so I can't make the comparison. Yes Isaac should have been cautious. However, any sci fi show I've seen with people on a ship shows that those bastards can run at full speed when shit goes down lmfao. (unless a section of the ship has a hole in its hull and they need a suit for space stuff.) In the same vein of thought most Assassin's were in very populated places...didn't stop us from running around falling over after bumping into 2 people. Perspective can only play so much part before it's apparently which way a game leans. (sensitivity settings are there for a reason and why I said I know this topic is subjective.)

So what? Why should Dead Space have been the same thing?

Of course nobody saw a hooded figure running around on rooftops, making leaps of faith and assassinating targets that they were assigned to kill by his superiors. I mean cmon.

53 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I like this site so I very rarely debate over anything. Those days are behind me for the most part. I risked a warning point over veering this thread off topic because I sometimes have fun debating still. Since I believe we've exhausted all points on the topics at hand we'll likely just go in circles from here.

Debates keep us informed and watching.

But whatever. We can't see eye to eye on certain things, so we'll just leave it at that.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not much different from the Far Cry 5 Season Pass which gave you a remastered version of Far Cry 3.

The only thing that pleases me is the chance that each episode will come with it's own DLC trophy list. Could be the first time an Assassins Creed game breaks 100 trophies.

when we see 100 but i not think so.

11 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The details have been explained for a while now. This is from another thread somewhere here.

jpg

This is by and far probably the best season pass I've ever seen. Not only do you get the 2 story dlc with 3 episodes each, but you're getting Assassin's Creed III and Liberation Remasters as well. (at least I'm more than certain Liberation is included) We're damn lucky this season pass wasn't more.

more gameplay and trophy for as.

that is cool.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The details have been explained for a while now. This is from another thread somewhere here.

jpg

This is by and far probably the best season pass I've ever seen. Not only do you get the 2 story dlc with 3 episodes each, but you're getting Assassin's Creed III and Liberation Remasters as well. (at least I'm more than certain Liberation is included) We're damn lucky this season pass wasn't more.

You sold me!!! I will *definately* be getting the season pass. Just really poor right now. Cant even afford the new Resident Evil 2 ? ? ?. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

was a 3rd DLC part of the regular season pass purchase of the game or is it additional and free to everyone?  I thought we were getting two with the season pass.  

As of now legend of the first blade was broken into 3 episodes and then 3 more episode will be tied to tales of Atlantis,  and additionally they gave 10 free quest trophies that have been slowly releasing for the past couple months and so forth

8 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

As of now legend of the first blade was broken into 3 episodes and then 3 more episode will be tied to tales of Atlantis,  and additionally they gave 10 free quest trophies that have been slowly releasing for the past couple months and so forth

Damn I had no idea.  I thought first blade 1 and 2 were the two dlc's.  I thought it was kind of a rip off being as they were so short.  Lol,  Makes sense now.  

10 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

As of now legend of the first blade was broken into 3 episodes

After reading the list of trophies for First Blade 3, I'm stoked for its conclusion. One of the trophies is for healing by getting 10 headshot kills with a certain weapon. I wonder if that'll be like the bow from Origins that granted health when you hit an enemy. Granted, this sounds tougher as it specifically says headshots. We'll see...

5 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

After reading the list of trophies for First Blade 3, I'm stoked for its conclusion. One of the trophies is for healing by getting 10 headshot kills with a certain weapon. I wonder if that'll be like the bow from Origins that granted health when you hit an enemy. Granted, this sounds tougher as it specifically says headshots. We'll 

yes is very possible

Edited by locoporkko