Best single player offline completion games

DaveMcDamage

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Lol fair enough. Yeah the DLC is a bitch. Fortunately the sequel doesn't have any DLC other than the standalone.

100% agree with you, MP trophies are massive pain in the arse and MP is not all that interesting in general. It's worth playing RDR2 for the singleplayer experience. Well mostly the stuff you can buy is clothes, weapons and shit for the camp but yeah spending real money on that is bloody stupid.

Yeah I think I will wait for RDR2 to drop right down in price and play on another account to experience the single player.

Playing Vampyr at the moment. Not finished chapter 1 and have very mixed opinions of it so far. 

Rogue Galaxy has been suggested a couple of times now. I will deffo look into that game. 

Well I bought and got the 100% on Vampyr. 

In terms of story its quite possibly the best Vampire story since Anne Rice's early Vampire Chronicles stories. 

The gameplay however was very old. No manual saves allowed, no fast travel and 90% of the game quests are fetch style, meaning it gets annoying having to run from a-z and back to a. 

A good pal offered to borrow me Assassins Creed: Origins. I've not played an Assassins Creed game since AC2. The first game was one big tech demo, but AC2 was great work. After that though I think they ventured into online sections of the game and it just killed the vibe for me. 

So even though I take it that Origins is the ultimate prequel, having not played an AC since AC2, would many of the in-game references become confusing? I basically consider myself new to the series as I've not bothered with the last 29 AC games that have been released between AC2 and AC:O :D

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Far Cry Primal whilst its on sale. 

Only a few hours in but really, really enjoying it. Its sort of like Horizon Dawn meets Assassins Creed but it FPS mode haha. Gonna take my time with this one and enjoy everything the game has to offer. 

You guys played any new SP only games lately or any to recommend?

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Dishonored: Definitive Edition

Dishonored 2

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

I had a blast playing these two trilogies. I highly recommend them.

Well said my friend.  If anyone hasn't played these games they should consider getting a new hobby.  Dishonored Definitive Edition DLC will definitely push you to get 100% as will Wolfenstein II's excellent Mein Leben trophy.  

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:41 AM, Salt_AU said:

Well said my friend.  If anyone hasn't played these games they should consider getting a new hobby.  Dishonored Definitive Edition DLC will definitely push you to get 100% as will Wolfenstein II's excellent Mein Leben trophy.  

Wasn't that the one which required you to play the whole game in one sitting? Wouldn't ever give that sort of trophy the time of day on a game like that even on easy mode. 

Tokyo Xanadu Ex+

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

Furi

DMC Collection and DMC 4 SE, DMC V is comin soon

Digimon Story games are good, but they have online trophies 

Fate/Extella

Mad Max

Persona 5

Akiba's Trip is fun

South Park games

Hat in Time is a fun platformer

Also seconding Fist of the North Star

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 2

Keep the list coming chaps. Very much appreciated. 

Have to ask though. Assassins Creed: Syndicate is on sale for £12.99. I've not played an Assassins game since AC2 back on PS3. Could I play Syndicate without getting lost if the game contains previous game info? Such a good sale price though. Last week it was £24.99 and you had to buy the season pass for another £24.99. So £12.99 has to be one incredible bargain. 

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Keep the list coming chaps. Very much appreciated. 

Have to ask though. Assassins Creed: Syndicate is on sale for £12.99. I've not played an Assassins game since AC2 back on PS3. Could I play Syndicate without getting lost if the game contains previous game info? Such a good sale price though. Last week it was £24.99 and you had to buy the season pass for another £24.99. So £12.99 has to be one incredible bargain. 

The present day is very much a catastrophe at this point. There might be vague references but it's been a long time since I've played.

You'll be fine in the Animus section though. I don't believe there's anything going back to AC2 even as info you might hear with other assassins.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole was a simple single player plat. Just start as a black character on Mastermind, you'll get through it in 20 hours one playthrough no probs.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - no online trophies needed, the Mile High Club trophy on Veteran was a bitch, but well worth the effort for the plat.

inFAMOUS Second Son was an incredible superhero/villain game, straight-forward and easy plat, and so satisfying to melt people's faces...

I play mostly single-player games, so let me list some of the games that I enyojed going for 100% the most: 

• The Witcher 3
  • Dark Souls I, II and III
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Furi
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Little Nightmares
  • Titan Souls
  • Super Meat Boy
  • God of War
  • Dead Cells

The three in bold are a must in my opinion ? have fun!

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

Wasn't that the one which required you to play the whole game in one sitting? Wouldn't ever give that sort of trophy the time of day on a game like that even on easy mode. 

Yes.  Sucks when developers actually make a platinum trophy difficult to achieve doesn't it.  I don't have it but kudos to those that do, great effort and no tears or whining from me I'm afraid.

Dark cloud 1 + 2

Mark of kri

Deus ex:mankind divided(requires net connection, but its all single player)

Bloodborne

Dark souls series

Nioh

Final fantasy 10 + 10-2 /VII /IX / XII

Uncharted drake collection

Prey

God of war

Stardew valley

Persona 5

Monster hunter world (more fun with friends)

Bioshock collection

Horizon zero dawn

The witcher 3

Republique

Resogun (needs online boosting, unless you are deddicated, the dlc is grindy)

Divinity original sin 1+2

Kingdom hearts

Dragon age inquisition 

Metal gear solid 5 + ground zeros

And finally, most important...

....knack. ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

Yes.  Sucks when developers actually make a platinum trophy difficult to achieve doesn't it.  I don't have it but kudos to those that do, great effort and no tears or whining from me I'm afraid.

Difficult trophies are the most worthy and self rewarding. But having to play 5+hours in one sitting is dull as hell. Also most folk that work don't have that kind of time or opportunity to do such vast amounts of gaming in one sitting. 

To the others. Cheers. 

Got some amazing games to look forward to. At some point I will edit the original post with all the suggestions you guys have given and for any games that get double recommendations in I will give them a plus number or something, just in case others can make use of the thread. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 11:13 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Is this PS4 only? Seems like it judging by your profile but I'll list PS3 games anyways just in case because I don't know whether or not you can get some through PS Now. I'll put which ones are ps3 only. Bold is either PS4 only or has PS4 versions.

Assassin's Creed Origins

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Darksiders (I suppose you could try out the 2nd game if you liked the first and both have been remastered for the PS4. Darksiders II doesn't have the online trophy either on PS4)

Dead Space (ps3)

Dragon Age: Origins (ps3)

Dragon Age II (ps3)

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon's Dogma (it will be the Dark Arisen version on PS4)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends

inFamous 1 and 2 (there's no real online just playing through the custom player levels that take about 5 seconds)

Kingdom Hearts (whole series)

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux 

Rogue Galaxy

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

South Park: The Stick of Truth

The Saboteur (ps3)

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (all 3 ps3 games remastered without the online components)

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Wild Arms 3

FYI shadow of the tomb raider has online coop DLC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cam_wick said:

FYI shadow of the tomb raider has online coop DLC

Does the online co-op have trophies, or will there be online trophies introduced in the future? I haven't heard of anything outside of the 7 challenge tombs, but then again I haven't exactly kept up with info about this game in particular. (I have the season pass but am waiting for all the challenge tombs to release before playing them...or at least I'm trying. lol)

It's been said, but I have to say it again.

Bloodborne is a very good offline game to get the platinum for. Yes, at first the game will seem very difficult, but once you understand the mechanics thoroughly you can unlock the platinum pretty quickly.

It's one of those rare games that doesn't shove artificial difficulty down your throat.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...