Best single player offline completion games

DaveMcDamage

Well this morning I got the 100% completion for God of War. Mixed opinions on the game but mostly positives. 

Got the Metro Redux bundle but might keep that aside and play the trilogy back to back when M3 has released all content. 

Shame modern day open world games are so scarce this gen. GTAV was incredible but no way I could invest that amount of time in a game again, even if the online was amazing. Sleeping Dogs was fun. Theres nothing really else though is there and those were last gen. This gen seems to have been mostly post-apocalyptic or medieval type settings. 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Does the online co-op have trophies, or will there be online trophies introduced in the future? I haven't heard of anything outside of the 7 challenge tombs, but then again I haven't exactly kept up with info about this game in particular. (I have the season pass but am waiting for all the challenge tombs to release before playing them...or at least I'm trying. lol)

Actually so far the 5/7 that are out have all been easily doable solo, no trophies involve coop

Some more suggestions but many games were mentioned before:

Bioshock (1!)

Uncharted Trilogy

Okami

Final Fantasy X

Wolfenstein The New Order/The Old Blood

Metro 2033/Last Light

God of War 3

Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood/Revelations

Deus Ex Mankind Divided (it has an online mode but you need for just 2 trophies a 2nd acc and can be done within few Min)

Dishonored 2 (as you said no to Dishonored 1)

Darksiders (i only know #1)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Borderlands The Handsome Collection

Hidden Agenda

Heavy Rain (probably Detroit also but i haven't played it yet)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Picked up a game called Cosmic Star Heroine, really has those Chrono Trigger vibes to it. Great game and an easy platinum, plus it was on sale for 2.99. You should check that one out, biggest problem with the game was a few trophies for bosses didn't pop so I had to redo the fights a couple times until it did but as long as you save right before the fight the bosses aren't that hard to beat. But I would definitely recommend giving it a play.

First off yes persona 5 is worth playing it's stand alone as far as I could tell

Here's the list if PS4 single players I'd recommend

Witcher 3

Resident evil 1,2,4,7 

The deponia games if your into point and click

Life is strange

Any of the telltale games

Bioshock collection

Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Sleeping dogs

Until dawn

Evil within 1 and 2

Onichambara

Devil may cry 1,2,3,4,5

Metro series

Dishonored series

The Sherlock Holmes games

Akibas trip and akibas beat

Thief

The Batman Arkham games (not sure if all are offline

World of final fantasy

.hack gu last recode

La noir

Mad Max

Mafia 3

Murdered soul suspect

Hitman games

Horizen zero Dawn

Deadpool

We happy few

And many more but there's afew to get ya started if u haven't already played them

And vampyre is s good game

1 Super Meat Boy

2 Crash Bandicoot N sane Trilogy

3 Ratchet and Clank

Those are 3 games that I found really fun listing them in order of their difficulty most to least.

Note: You could also try the Neptunia franchise but I doubt that would be your cup of tea, the series is of a somewhat... bespoke nature.

I hope that helped.

Edited by KuromeIsWaifuJ

I'll try to not repeat some of the games mentioned before:

-Life Is Strange, Life is Strange Before the Storm are easy plats, point and click style, and a mostly recommendable experience.

-Final Fantasy XII

-OlliOlli and OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood. The only online component is a leaderboard for each game, but all trophies are sinlge player.

-Nights of Azure. Currently on my backlog, but a nice ARPG.

-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, and pretty much any Vanillaware game (Dragon's Crown can be played offline and online)

-Shovel Knight, an awesome throwback to the 8 bit era.

-Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy

-The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, because Todd Howard won't stop until it's playable in The Elder Scrolls VI (and one of the last batch of good Bethesda games)

Hope it helps.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, Folkenio said:

I'll try to not repeat some of the games mentioned before:

Mentioning the same games is fine mate. I'm certain this thread will; be use full to lots of people so if they see the same games mentioned it can only confirm how good the games are. 

Cheers for the other suggestions as well mate. 

Got the 100% on Spider-Man this morning. What an amazing experience that was. Truly a great game. 

Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Berseria- Great action rpg's with a dark-ish story, interesting bunch of characters and lots of post game stuff

FFXII TZA- A wonderful FF game with lots of exploring, hunt missions and many boss fights.

FFX/X-2 HD: Hd remakes of the PS2 titles, but they have great stories. X is turn based but X-2 is action time battle with a job system.

Spyro: Nostalgic and beautifully remastered

Crash Bandicoot n sane trilogy

Atelier series: There are a few games in the series on ps4, all are a mix of RPG battles, exploring and alchemy. Sophie and Firis are good to start with. 

Okami HD

Life is Strange games

As for KH1.5 +2.5, There's not really a point in playing them if you played the originals. However, 2.8 has extra content and 3 is new, so those might be worth a play. 

11 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Just out of curiosity, what's next for you, @DaveMcDamage?

Not too sure yet mate. When I was a teen I missed out on Grim Fandango so snapped up the remaster the other day whilst it was on sale. Whether I play that next or not I don't know. Spider-Man was such an amazing game that a point&click slow pace might not be the right choice at the moment. 

11 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Berseria- Great action rpg's with a dark-ish story, interesting bunch of characters and lots of post game stuff

FFXII TZA- A wonderful FF game with lots of exploring, hunt missions and many boss fights.

FFX/X-2 HD: Hd remakes of the PS2 titles, but they have great stories. X is turn based but X-2 is action time battle with a job system.

Spyro: Nostalgic and beautifully remastered

Crash Bandicoot n sane trilogy

Atelier series: There are a few games in the series on ps4, all are a mix of RPG battles, exploring and alchemy. Sophie and Firis are good to start with. 

Okami HD

Life is Strange games

As for KH1.5 +2.5, There's not really a point in playing them if you played the originals. However, 2.8 has extra content and 3 is new, so those might be worth a play. 

Not played an FF game since FFX. What was your opinion on FFXV?

11 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Not played an FF game since FFX. What was your opinion on FFXV?

If I were to be totally honest, it was the worst game in FF history. But if you are a new FF player and like Western style RPGs as opposed to JRPG's, I'd say you would like it. Its more action and open world as opposed to the turn based battles and linear gameplay in FFX. It has a lot of DLC character episodes (paid), extra monster hunt missions, side quests. 

If you prefer the older FFs, you might not like FFXV and in that case XII might be a better choice. 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:50 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

If I were to be totally honest, it was the worst game in FF history. But if you are a new FF player and like Western style RPGs as opposed to JRPG's, I'd say you would like it. Its more action and open world as opposed to the turn based battles and linear gameplay in FFX. It has a lot of DLC character episodes (paid), extra monster hunt missions, side quests. 

If you prefer the older FFs, you might not like FFXV and in that case XII might be a better choice. 

Much appreciated.

Yeah I think I might actually gel with it better what with not being a massive JRPG gamer. I know the game has co-op DLC but I think I read that you can still unlock every trophy as a single gamer, is that correct? Also. Is the very latest DLC included with the Royal Edition or is it a separate purchase? I think I will keep an eye out for the Royal Edition on sale as sometimes it goes for £19.99 on the PS Store, depending on your answers of course. Appreciate your time.

Got the 100% on Grim Fandango last night. I never got to play it on original release because back then, that was when I made the tradition from computers to consoles. The story holds up well though and has its very on charm. 

7 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Much appreciated.

Yeah I think I might actually gel with it better what with not being a massive JRPG gamer. I know the game has co-op DLC but I think I read that you can still unlock every trophy as a single gamer, is that correct? Also. Is the very latest DLC included with the Royal Edition or is it a separate purchase? I think I will keep an eye out for the Royal Edition on sale as sometimes it goes for £19.99 on the PS Store, depending on your answers of course. Appreciate your time.

Got the 100% on Grim Fandango last night. I never got to play it on original release because back then, that was when I made the tradition from computers to consoles. The story holds up well though and has its very on charm. 

You can get the platinum trophy and all the dlc character episode trophies (not required for the plat) as a single player. The Royal Edition includes all the DLC character episodes (supplied via DL codes as far as I'm aware) and multiplayer expansion pack, although it does not have the new episode Ardyn in it since that was just released. There have been a lot of updates in the Royal edition like first person camera mode, the Royal Vessel, new DLC items and weapons and new quests with an expanded Insomnia map, which all were not present in the standard one when I bought it. 

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

You can get the platinum trophy and all the dlc character episode trophies (not required for the plat) as a single player. The Royal Edition includes all the DLC character episodes (supplied via DL codes as far as I'm aware) and multiplayer expansion pack, although it does not have the new episode Ardyn in it since that was just released. There have been a lot of updates in the Royal edition like first person camera mode, the Royal Vessel, new DLC items and weapons and new quests with an expanded Insomnia map, which all were not present in the standard one when I bought it. 

Cheers for the further info, Lava. Much appreciated. I think I will definitely get the game the next time it goes on sale then. 

Just been looking through the PS Store and went from low to high price. Checked out a few but nothing held interest, but then as I got to the £19.99 range it was like the Gods shined a beacon at me, I swear I could hear trumpets or awesomeness playing as I glared at something I feared I would never see this generation. Slaver and foam started to build at the corners of my mouth and tears of joy began to stream from my eyes. 

Errm *cough* Sorry about that. Basically I love horse racing but its such a niche gaming market. PS2 era had loads and there were amaze-balls if you were a horse racing fan, because not only did you now have a game on your favourite sport but they were really well made and superb to play. Then the PS3 era had the G1 Jockey and Gallop Racer cross build which took years to come out but it was once again amaze-balls. 

But whilst the PS1/PS2 era had around 10 horse racing games, the PS3 had 1. So it pretty much meant I would never get to play a horse racing game for the PS4 era. But thats when I spotted what could only be described as a gift from the sexy gods as I scouted the store. There before my eyes.... Phar Lap. And oh wow it looked like they really put effort into the game considering the budget this type of genre gets to develop.

Looked it up online. Turns out they added online trophies..................... WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Its such a niche market that the chances of even finding another player on day one release would be tough, but a year or two down the line.... not a chance.

Needless to say I got in touch with the devs to explain my rage at their stupidity. And now I'm horse racing gameless again. Did manage to snag The Order 1886 for £7.99 though. 

Speaking of niche markets though. What the hell is going on with all the fishing games this generation? There's so many on the store they make the EA Sports games list look limited :o 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some amazing bargains on the EU PS store. You chaps treated yourselves to any?

Very tempted by the amazing price for Persona 5 even though I haven't played any of the previous games.By the way, someone on another post somewhere mentioned yet another version of Persona 5 is to be released. Is this true as I might as well hold out if thats the case. 

Resident Evil 7 for £19.99 complete edition seems a bargain too. Then theres Final Fantasy 15. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Some amazing bargains on the EU PS store. You chaps treated yourselves to any?

Very tempted by the amazing price for Persona 5 even though I haven't played any of the previous games.By the way, someone on another post somewhere mentioned yet another version of Persona 5 is to be released. Is this true as I might as well hold out if thats the case. 

Resident Evil 7 for £19.99 complete edition seems a bargain too. Then theres Final Fantasy 15. 

Persona 5 Royal is gonna have new content and stuff, so yeah you might wanna hold out for now unless you're really keen to get into it (it's one of the best RPGs ever so I wouldn't blame you).

RE7 is also fantastic but FF15 imo is kinda trash, and there's the Comrades DLC you'll have to revert your game to an older patch by outside means to be able to play because it got shut down.

12 hours ago, Burgins said:

Persona 5 Royal is gonna have new content and stuff, so yeah you might wanna hold out for now unless you're really keen to get into it (it's one of the best RPGs ever so I wouldn't blame you).

RE7 is also fantastic but FF15 imo is kinda trash, and there's the Comrades DLC you'll have to revert your game to an older patch by outside means to be able to play because it got shut down.

Thanks for the info man. Yeah I will hold out for Persona 5 to be finished. Surprised its been getting so much content or is most of it just skins? Either way seen nothing but great things for it. 

Final Fantasy 15 will have to remain untouched. There are mixed opinions on it and I was willing to give it a shot at a great price, but to be honest most opinions are either that its average or crap. 

Resident Evil 7 does look good though and not played an action horror for quite some time. Think the last one was Condemned on 360. Just going through Wolfenstein The Old Blood which is pretty awesome and currently on sale for £3.99.

Anything in the EU sales you chaps recommend for SP games. 

• 1 year later...

Forgot all about this thread lol. I googled PS4 single player trophy games and this came out. 

Feels like a long times. Well around 15 months so since creating the tread. Had some incredible single player experiences since then, though I did break my own rule when going for No Man's Sky.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just googled single player only trophy games and this was the first thing that popped up. Forgot about this thread lol. 

Been looking through the recommends from you guys. The amount of times I have seen Rogue Galaxy on sale and kept putting it off. I think I may have to snap that one up next time its around. 

I've also been feeling like a challenge and whilst I hate Dark Souls, Bloodborne has always called to me but I always put it off due to it being near identical to DS, but its the aesthetic of the game that has always kept my curiosity up. But the whole role, 1 hit, role, repeat for the next 100 hours no matter how good it looks is what killed the DS series for me. 

• Like 1