IceSoul21

Have you ever played a game where, to this day, a certain music or sound effect still scares you?

54 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yes. I heard this music for the first time in 1996. To this day, I still mute it as soon as it starts.

I went ahead and listened to the original track, and I actually liked it, but the, I think I could say, "screeching" really scared me. 

 

17 hours ago, Nitroman65 said:

This shit scare me.(i don't recommend u searching up on YouTube bc some asshole put a pop up scare at the end of the vid

I apologize for my ignorance but I didn't get it. You got scared everytime the red screen of death showed up on your PS2 or by the video you watched that had that pop up scare? 😅

 

16 hours ago, fbdbh said:

It does startle you the 1st time you see it.

 

16 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The horror indeed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I think we all did something we should've doneonce we were older, so I understand what you mean.


If that level that only has turd minions has that music as the BM, I can see why it scared you when you were younger

 

10 hours ago, Nimera said:

I can imagine playing the game when it came out,or when you were little and listening to that music, you'd get scared/nervous.

But I actually like the 2nd track. Sounds like one of those "final epic moments" in, this case, games.

 

4 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

The Seymour battle music at Macalania temple in FFX creeped me out as a 12 year old kid. Also, Anima's overdrive game me nightmares on top of it that I closed my eyes everytime. Now as an adult and having played the remake, I could barely listen to that music and still found it hard to stomach his overdrive.

I think I played FFX when I was around that age too, but I liked the music when fighting Seymour. I thought it fit the place where the fight was taking place. And regarding Anima, I was the complete opposite: when I used her Overdrive, I thought "ok, what's happening?" and when I saw the other monster and how it started punching the enemy and finishing its attack, I thought "this is so awesome!" 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

 

giphy.gif

Found that irritating more than scary. xD

2 hours ago, IceSoul21 said:

I went ahead and listened to the original track, and I actually liked it, but the, I think I could say, "screeching" really scared me.

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games ever. I can listen to every other track, but not that one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you got caught sneaking in Harry Potter Chamber of secrets GameCube version and the first second of this played. It always made me jump. The worst was a part in the beginning when you have to sneak around in an old man's store. I still have the game and play it from time to time and that sound  still creeps me out everytime.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Found that irritating more than scary. xD

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games ever. I can listen to every other track, but not that one.

You hear it so much that you even hear it in your dreams. *Insert the "the horror" gif*

I haven't played Chrono Trigger so I can't give an opinion about how good it is, even though I've seen a lot of people saying it's awesome.

 

19 minutes ago, Lavellx said:

When you got caught sneaking in Harry Potter Chamber of secrets GameCube version and the first second of this played. It always made me jump. The worst was a part in the beginning when you have to sneak around in an old man's store. I still have the game and play it from time to time and that sound  still creeps me out everytime.

Whenever the music or any sound take place so suddenly, it'll always make you jump 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the top of my head the only game I can think of where the music made me feel unsettled was on Resident Evil 3 when you'd enter a room and the music would change and you knew Nemesis was on his way.

 

The unsettling part was where and when.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still feel uneasy whenever I hear the music from Forbidden Forest. It's one of the very first games I remember playing on Commodore 64 when I was 5-6 years old and I remember that it was really scary for me at the time.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IceSoul21 said:

I think I played FFX when I was around that age too, but I liked the music when fighting Seymour. I thought it fit the place where the fight was taking place. And regarding Anima, I was the complete opposite: when I used her Overdrive, I thought "ok, what's happening?" and when I saw the other monster and how it started punching the enemy and finishing its attack, I thought "this is so awesome!" 

My brother was the same, he really liked Anima, but did lose to that seymour fight many times so that music was always playing in the house until he finally managed to win 😅 I don't know why, I found the monster underneath creepy, and the way red blood like stuff comes out when he punches your characters (I was pretty squeamish back then and was terrified of blood, but not now after becoming a doctor and having to deal with it on a daily basis). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you get scared of a sound or scene in a videogame, movie or TV series while mostly everyday the events in the real world make us really think that most of the people is insane and more the years passes the more our moral rules of society are going to collapse lol

 

Never understood how people can be scared in front of an unreal and fictional thing 🤔

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of my first real game experiences. The first boss, Queen Gohma, creeped me out so much. Now whenever I replay the game the sound effects she makes as she moves around sent shivers down my spine.

 

scritch scritch scritch 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silent Hill 1, to be certain the track played in Cafe, one that played at school yard in normal school, one that played at basement of normal hospital, and sound that happens to appear while traveling from hospital to "Green Lion". 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t find a short clip but in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when you got spotted by a prefect who’d scream LOCOMOTOR MORTIS! at you. The background music made it 10x worse: 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.1.2019 at 5:09 PM, Janire1911 said:

I still feel uneasy whenever I hear the music from Forbidden Forest. It's one of the very first games I remember playing on Commodore 64 when I was 5-6 years old and I remember that it was really scary for me at the time.

 

On a related note, not a sound that I'm scared of, but for some reason I really hate the sound effect in Assassin's Creed Origins that plays whenever you're full on ammo but try to loot more. I don't know why, but that sound really annoys me to the point that I don't even try to loot more arrows unless I'm certain I'm low on them.

Edited by Janire1911
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, FawltyPowers said:

Off the top of my head the only game I can think of where the music made me feel unsettled was on Resident Evil 3 when you'd enter a room and the music would change and you knew Nemesis was on his way.

 

The unsettling part was where and when.

Oh, those moments are indeed moments that make you feel uneasy since you know things are gonna get bad

 

On 23/1/2019 at 0:09 PM, Janire1911 said:

I still feel uneasy whenever I hear the music from Forbidden Forest. It's one of the very first games I remember playing on Commodore 64 when I was 5-6 years old and I remember that it was really scary for me at the time.

 

 

Yeah, I think I'd still feel nervous/uneasy if I played the game when I was little too. Our imagination as children can make it worse

 

On 23/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

My brother was the same, he really liked Anima, but did lose to that seymour fight many times so that music was always playing in the house until he finally managed to win 1f605.png I don't know why, I found the monster underneath creepy, and the way red blood like stuff comes out when he punches your characters (I was pretty squeamish back then and was terrified of blood, but not now after becoming a doctor and having to deal with it on a daily basis). 

It's good to know your brother shares my opinion, haha ^^. So, it was one of those, "I've been here for such a long time that the music got stucked in my head" type of situation, Well, we all react differently, and I'll say that I don't like blood that much either (but only it is big amounts). Hope you're doing well in your job. 

 

On 23/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, Neocarleen said:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of my first real game experiences. The first boss, Queen Gohma, creeped me out so much. Now whenever I replay the game the sound effects she makes as she moves around sent shivers down my spine.

 

scritch scritch scritch 

After reading what you wrote, I imagined the sounds she makes and yeah, they weren't nice sounds

 

7 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Silent Hill 1, to be certain the track played in Cafe, one that played at school yard in normal school, one that played at basement of normal hospital, and sound that happens to appear while traveling from hospital to "Green Lion". 

I forgot the track that plays in the school. That's a scary one

 

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Couldn’t find a short clip but in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when you got spotted by a prefect who’d scream LOCOMOTOR MORTIS! at you. The background music made it 10x worse: 

 

 

Yeah, I can see why you'd feel nervous/anxious when that happens in the game

 

2 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

 

On a related note, not a sound that I'm scared of, but for some reason I really hate the sound effect in Assassin's Creed Origins that plays whenever you're full on ammo but try to loot more. I don't know why, but that sound really annoys me to the point that I don't even try to loot more arrows unless I'm certain I'm low on them.

Guess I'll have to not loot more than I need if I ever manage to play the game :o 

On 23/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

How can you get scared of a sound or scene in a videogame, movie or TV series while mostly everyday the events in the real world make us really think that most of the people is insane and more the years passes the more our moral rules of society are going to collapse lol

 

Never understood how people can be scared in front of an unreal and fictional thing 1f914.png

Well, here's how I see it: even though we know what we're reading, watching or playing is fictional and not real, we can still feel immersed in it, to the point of feeling many emotions. 

The real world is a place where things are sometimes so messed up that none form of fiction could compare to it, but I think even when being aware of that, we can still feel, in the case of this post, nervous/uneasy or scared of what may happen for many reasons.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Twilight" theme in FFX is chilling, it always makes me feel uneasy. It's a weird combination of disturbing and relaxing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 9:33 AM, marc_cp said:

The "Twilight" theme in FFX is chilling, it always makes me feel uneasy. It's a weird combination of disturbing and relaxing.

You're right. It's a weird combination :o 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One is that "Aaaaaaaaaaaa!" in any Serious Sam game.  Not in a creepy way, but more like OMG, there's a horde of Kamikazes coming & you better do something or else.  These guys are some of the most dangerous enemies in the game, especially if 24+ of them are coming from multiple directions.  If enough of them get too close, that is it.

 

When I heard it in Nier Automata, I LOL'd.  Yoko Taro must be a fan of SS as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dreamcast version of Shadow Man had an audio bug when you where close to the Serial Killers, It was like a distorted metal sound. I guess it's like what Cannibal Corpse wanted to sound like but I knew when I was close to the killer hearing this death metal. It still freaks me out today.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/2/2019 at 1:38 AM, gameoverDude189 said:

One is that "Aaaaaaaaaaaa!" in any Serious Sam game.  Not in a creepy way, but more like OMG, there's a horde of Kamikazes coming & you better do something or else.  These guys are some of the most dangerous enemies in the game, especially if 24+ of them are coming from multiple directions.  If enough of them get too close, that is it.

 

When I heard it in Nier Automata, I LOL'd.  Yoko Taro must be a fan of SS as well.

24+ Kamikazes? That's a lot of enemies & screaming

 

On 21/2/2019 at 2:01 AM, Z1MZUM said:

The Dreamcast version of Shadow Man had an audio bug when you where close to the Serial Killers, It was like a distorted metal sound. I guess it's like what Cannibal Corpse wanted to sound like but I knew when I was close to the killer hearing this death metal. It still freaks me out today.

Wow, that sounds like a really scary sound bug D:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IceSoul21 said:

24+ Kamikazes? That's a lot of enemies & screaming

 

Wow, that sounds like a really scary sound bug D:

It is a lot of enemies, sure... but not unusual for Serious Sam. Here's exactly what I was talking about.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

It is a lot of enemies, sure... but not unusual for Serious Sam. Here's exactly what I was talking about.

This was so weird and awesome and funny at the same time xD

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IceSoul21 said:

 

 

Wow, that sounds like a really scary sound bug D:

 

The entire premise of the game is scary though it's one of my all time favorite games period. The Playstation version was pretty terrible and the N64 version was better, but the DC release really shines.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 11:26 PM, Z1MZUM said:

 

The entire premise of the game is scary though it's one of my all time favorite games period. The Playstation version was pretty terrible and the N64 version was better, but the DC release really shines.

Sounds like a cool game, it's a shame I don't have a DC, PS1 or N64 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure wouldn't mind all of the Serious Sam games brought over to PS4.  I was not too pleased with the framerate on the PS3 version of Serious Sam 3, but PS4 should be able to handle that with no probs. It's a damn good series.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.