Screwball Challenges (DLC)

MrDelDante

I've completed the Heist DLC and just trying to clear up the SB challenges for 100%, but for the life of me I can't complete the Gadget one in the park. I'm scoring the points, the timer runs out and it tells me I didn't defeat all the fans or something like that, my only option on the screen is to abandon or try again. I've done this 5 or 6 times now - restarted, died and respawned from last checkpoint etc... but nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Arent enemies infinite on Gadget challenges? So basically you need to run out of time to finish the challenge. 

Its been a while since I've completed the challenges, but other than just playing only with those both gadgets, I couldnt think of anything else that might be wrong.

Which Gadgets do you have to use for the challenge you have problems with?

Edited by Mori

37 minutes ago, MrDelDante said:

Man. So many times I've had 1 or 2 left >_<

How is he/she using gadgets without aiming? Maybe that's what's slowing me down.

I did the challenge myself two days ago and AFAIR I didn't aim on any of the fans. Instead I just did it like this (didn't watch the video but I assume it's the same there)
Throw a anti gravity grenade/bomb into a crowd of enemies, switch to the trip wire via :l1: and just mash the button to shoot the trip wire as it automatically downs the enemies once they are tied to the ground. Switch back to bomb, rinse repeat.

The game has some automatic lock-on which seems to focus on the nearest enemy. IIRC there's also a small white outline showing which enemy is the targeted one. But I'm not sure about it. :hmm: 

• Like 1

@MrDelDante If that's the button to use the gadgets, then yes. Honestly I didn't memorize which button is tied to a specific action. I have to play the game myself to know that. xD Might be able to tell you a little more once I play the game again in a few hours. 

EDIT: Just checked it and it's the RB / :r1:-button. Tested it in of those gang hideouts of the second DLC. Just spam an AG-bomb, switch to the trip wire via LB / :l1: and then shoot the enemies down with :r1:. Most of the time the lock-on automatically chooses an enemy that's up in the air. 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

@MrDelDante If that's the button to use the gadgets, then yes. Honestly I didn't memorize which button is tied to a specific action. I have to play the game myself to know that. xD Might be able to tell you a little more once I play the game again in a few hours. 

EDIT: Just checked it and it's the RB / :r1:-button. Tested it in of those gang hideouts of the second DLC. Just spam an AG-bomb, switch to the trip wire via LB / :l1: and then shoot the enemies down with :r1:. Most of the time the lock-on automatically chooses an enemy that's up in the air. 

I did the same xD Played it last night and realised I was spamming R1 to throw webs at Brutes - Have no idea why I've never put 2 and 2 together and realised it works with all gadgets! I am embarrassed haha. Gonna give it a whirl later on and try to finish up the SB challenges on The Heist and Turf Wars before starting Silver Lining.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrDelDante said:

I did the same xD Played it last night and realised I was spamming R1 to throw webs at Brutes - Have no idea why I've never put 2 and 2 together and realised it works with all gadgets! I am embarrassed haha. Gonna give it a whirl later on and try to finish up the SB challenges on The Heist and Turf Wars before starting Silver Lining.

Good that you were able to solve it. Maybe you knew it when you played the main story back in September but forgot in the meantime. I also had a few moments where I messed with the controls as I didn't remember how to trigger those special moves like the web blossom until I noticed that you have to press both analog sticks at the same time. So I'm in the same boat. Good luck with the challenges! :D 

23 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Good that you were able to solve it. Maybe you knew it when you played the main story back in September but forgot in the meantime. I also had a few moments where I messed with the controls as I didn't remember how to trigger those special moves like the web blossom until I noticed that you have to press both analog sticks at the same time. So I'm in the same boat. Good luck with the challenges! :D 

Did it first time last night with 30 seconds to spare. Woo-hoo! Went on a rampage after and I've done them all on TH and TW. Just the 1 left on SL. Cheers for the advice! ?

• 2 months later...