I'm the only one is enjoying!?

Natsuu24

I have also been enjoying the game quite a lot. It absolutely, 1000% has its issues, and some are so frustrating I have had to put the game down now and again to take a breather.

That being said, however, I’ve been playing a LOT of Fallout 76. In fact, I just earned the platinum a few days ago with 160 hours of gameplay, and now I’m closer to 175 hours of game time.

The reason I’m enjoying the game is the same as many others- I have been consistently playing it with friends and grouping up. The world in the game is amazing and detailed, being ranked only behind the Capital Wasteland for me. Everything else absolutely has its positives AND negatives, but I’ve been enjoying the game as it is. Perfect? Not by a LONG shot, but if you’re a Fallout fan, then you might still squeeze some enjoyment out of this game.

• Like 2

Yep enjoying it too. Unfortunately too many people are falling for the click bait articles and YouTube videos from creators that make money from selling negative press, usually without even confirming the facts for themselves. Even Jim Sterling put up a video about the new year bunker glitch 3 days after it was fixed. Hmm ?

Also the canvas bag issue and Nuka Dark thing have nothing to do with the quality of the game, but Bethesda do need to replace their marketing team.

If you play it for a good number of hours and still don’t like it, that’s fair and I’m sorry to hear that.

Currently FO76 is going through similar issues as some other online only games like Destiny 2 and Sea of Thieves which are now much improved.

My money’s on Anthem being the next target.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2019 at 11:23 AM, KingGuy420 said:

They can't give constructive criticisms because 90% of them never even played the game. They just read some stuff online and jumped on the hate train. That's the issue with taking any online hate at face value.

About 75% of this site don't know how to form an opinion for themselves on something or even like a game that takes more than two hours to platinum.
Trophy hunting ruined gaming if you ask me.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Joey said:

About 75% of this site don't know how to form an opinion for themselves on something or even like a game that takes more than two hours to platinum.
Trophy hunting ruined gaming if you ask me.

Now now Joe, you think maybe you've gone a little bit off track in an attempt to vent some personal anger? ?

Far as I can tell almost every aspect of Fallout 76 has been shit on by someone out there, but honestly I don't really think its trophies has been very controversial so I'm not so sure trophy hunting has really played a major part in Fallout 76 failure thus far.

Personally I would say the backlash so far has been mostly warranted, although I guess my opinion isn't worth that much since I jumped ship the moment the game was announced to be multiplayer focused primarily. Going forward I never really gave the game much attention until everyone on the internet suddenly began complaining about it at which point I decided to check out some footage, articles and what have you ... can't really say I was impressed even by the people trying to frame the game in a positive light, so there is that.

At the end of the day other peoples opinion of the game shouldn't matter to you as long as you're having fun with it ? 

(yeah this last bit ain't always easy to live by but its still true nonetheless ?)

Edited by Rune2303
  • Like 3

Absolutely not OP, I'm playing it and finding it a blast too. It absolutely has it's problems; lack of storage space, the constant food/water requirements, the diseases/mutations can be a pain in the backside, the guns breaking every 5 seconds... but I'm a fairly low level so a lot of these issues might be solved by ranking up perks etc. Turning Fallout into a multiplayer only experience was always going to be pretty challenging, I honestly think they've done a decent job of it.

23 hours ago, InfraRedPS said:

Update on my last post: my bet was right! The same YouTubers have already started usual tirade now with Anthem, is any game safe?

If the game in question is shite then no, it isn't safe nor should it be

• Like 1

I shit on the game and it's often the punchline of many jokes I make but, honestly, I could never understand how people can non-jokingly hate a game to the point where they try to tell other people who are enjoying the game that they're 'wrong' or 'stupid'. Everyone has different tastes and the right to enjoy whatever they like in games. If people enjoy FO76 I'm very happy for them, people should have things they enjoy.

Obviously though in my view it's still crap lol, didn't care for FO4 either, personally I felt both FO and TES games have declined in the last entries (yes, I don't like Skyrim, bite me)

What I find kind of annoying though is bandwagoning. You see it happen with popular games all the time when people suddenly pretend to be hyped (happened with FO4 too funnily enough) but it also happens for bad ones too, people who've NEVER even played the game, or any of the series but watched maybe one YouTube video or livestream shitting on it and suddenly start hating on the game as if they're some kind of expert.

I've seen it time and time again for a lot of games, some are rightfully criticised, but most the haters haven't even played it to judge. Agony was regarded as one of the worst games of its year yet if you look at the stats, it didn't sell that well and most the people criticising don't have the game on their accounts, whether it be PSN or Steam etc. so can they REALLY judge?

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:23 AM, KingGuy420 said:

They can't give constructive criticisms because 90% of them never even played the game. They just read some stuff online and jumped on the hate train. That's the issue with taking any online hate at face value.

I didn't play it but I could tell it would be bad because its Bethesda,  I cannot play a game by Bethesda without falling asleep.  I have tried multiple fallouts, prey, Wolfenstein, elder scrolls games and I just cannot for the life of me enjoy any of the.  

I’m beginning to find there’s a vocal minority that’s making a very big deal out of any issues with any new games, particularly on YouTube which influences the opinions of their followers. The hate then spreads on from there, a bit like how fake news spreads.

Anthen and now Metro Exodus are getting this treatment on unimportant issues. Far Cry New Dawn and The Division 2 will be next as we near release date this month.

I notice that big Japanese games are immune to this treatment as they don’t even get a single bad mention from these people.

it really comes back to people having to make up their own minds and avoid getting dragged into what is essentially a meme. Hopefully this meme dies quick this year as it’s getting tiring!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

well my guns now do nothing to enemies, Im level 45 and fighting on lvl 58 enemies and guns are useless so its really hard to enjoy a game when the devs have nerfed it into oblivion

Melee build is the way to go. Max strength plus Super Sledge

I never play melee in Fallout games but I had to in this one - the guns are crap unless you have two-shot explosive legendary guns. Armor piercing combat rifles and combat shotguns are semi-ok I've found. All energy weapons are absolutely useless.

On 22/01/2019 at 3:49 AM, Nighcisama said:

Given the fact that I just had a 2 hour and 30 minute review playing in the background that gave me countless reasons why I would think this game is utter shit, it is safe to assume for me that you are indeed one of the chosen few people with standards low enough to truly enjoy this game. That is not necessarily a bad thing, while others might look at you with a mix of confusion and disgust, you at least got your moneys worth out of this game. Others I know curse the day they gave money away for the game, some even full price (which is even more funny to me given that it was flying off the shelves for a fraction of the original price shortly after) so you are better off than those guys at least.

That's a little condescending... 

To be fair I haven't given it much of a chance... I think when  I heard all the negative press about glitches and bugs I decided to hold out for updates... I think it's worth another shot now or in a few months... It's certainly not awful I think it just fell victim to the hype it got online... 

Similar to no man's sky .. not a terrible game but not nearly what it was hyped to be

On 1/22/2019 at 5:56 AM, NaseemJohn said:

I personally despise the mob mentality, especially when people jump on hate trains because it's the popular thing to do instead of giving constructive criticism but in this case I believe the game deserved the negative reviews. If you're having fun then that's good for you and no one else's opinion should  get in the way of your enjoyment.

I couldn't agree more! I would take opinions to heart but I've learnt how many good games I missed out on because they got review bombed. I only pay some attention to critics, even then I don't let them be the sole reason if I get a game or not. I consider critic reviews, but that's it.

Battlefront 2 got mixed/bad reviews. I bought it pre-owned. I thought the game looked very fun so I cracked and bought it amidst the terrible reviews. Sure, EA's business practices are garbage and just plain bad, but Battlefront 2 as a game was a fun experience for the $25 I paid. It's not deserving of countless 0's and 1's on Metacritic.

I found Fallout 4 to be boring and rather monotone. I haven't played since December 2015 so maybe the game is much better now with the DLC.

This looks to be another multiplayer game that the developers are going to ruin sooner or later. I've played my share of multiplayer games in my time and they're usually only good for the first couple years. Afterwards people drop them and pretty soon there is only a small community that cares about the games.

It was stupid to make this game online only. Bethesda should of did like Ubisoft just did with Far Cry: New Dawn and make it a sort of continuation, or make a spin off or an actual sequel of Fallout 4. I think any of those would of given the game better praise.

• Like 3

On 22-1-2019 at 11:34 AM, Natsuu24 said:

I know the game is one of the most hate'd games on earth, but... i pick up this game few days ago, and i'm loving it so much! Is fun as hell, and i'm only on the beggining! I play solo and i'm learning how things work!

I think the hate this game is getting is not fair! The game is good, and with updates, maybe will become even better!

That it is getting hate is not strange.

I mean I join a session and after 15 minutes you get 2 times controls not responding followed by server disconnect.

Join one agian same thing happens in ~20 minutes.

Other days you can play for hours on end.

However this game should be more stable given time and enough updates.

Hoping a Fallout 5 solo game release is coming.

Cos multiplayer from Bethesda is really crap.

@Spaz You can make it far more interesting by getting some good mods. My experience in Fallout 4 became a real survival game instead of the meager survival game it by default is. I mean the whole world is nuked yet there are no real radiation hotspots except for Glowing Sea. Now I need a gas mask and first aid kit to survive. Default game even on survival is a walk in the park.

Edited by Vive_ut_vivas
Reply to Spaz

On 2/25/2019 at 2:50 AM, PietZann said:

I am having a lot of fun with this game, I play it with my best friend and we always have an adventure and weird things happen :P The good kind of weird.

I pre-ordered this game and I do not regret it at all, been having a lot of fun :)

It's boring playing alone but I'm having fun playing with a friend too. The game seems more stable now that less people overall are playing too haha

• 3 weeks later...

I remember during beta everyone was enjoying it and begging for the servers to stay up as they had specific times on specific on specific days when it was live.

I feel it was the meme that killed it not the actual game as I’m having a blast and it has a lot of qualities that some newer games don’t e.g. Anthem which has no feeling, whereas 76 can be serious, sad, and funny with the little stories it tells.

The quality of the environments, the greater number of features including camps and actual meaning crafting keeps me coming back. The recent Fasnacht parade has shown the potential for the social elements.

If it had released in the state that it is now there’d be no meme and it would have done as well as FO4.

Now that the meme is dead it won’t be long before previous players can return to some decent end game content.

The hate that Fallout 76 has received has always been unfair.  It needed another 6 months before launch no question but it isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be and I'd guess that many of those people haven't even played it.  YouTubers and many Gaming site reviewers were overly harsh to be perfectly honest.  But hey, clicks are money and hating on a well known developer can be a pot of gold for them.