Resident Evil 2 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

5 minutes ago, ERSTd166etr said:

This isn't a remaster, Not sure where you got this idea from? So very doubt it.

I thought it was. So my apologies. But still, the OG RE2 DualShock version had the code, so I was wondering if this was built from that version. That’s all. 

6 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

A 6/10 I'd say. Hardcore was a bit of a bitch the first time. I managed to finish it with S rank and it unlocked infinite submachine gun and it made the second hardcore run a breeze. Some collectibles were a bit retarded to find without a guide, since the files are spread between all 4 campaigns (and 1 raccoon hides in a 2nd run scenario).

Other than that, 4th survivor requires a bit of thinking and preplanning the rooms but it is doable.

Those 14K steps sounds more evil than they actually are. Right now I'd say I can finish the game in less than 10K with a speedrun route and I did the trophy mutliple times on A scenario which is even a bit longer than the B scenario.... so yeah... no need for panic here.

When you say hardcore mode was a bitch... explain bc those two gold trophies are tempting 

how were the bosses in that mode

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Literally everybody working in the press, retail or just has a vaguely successful YouTube channel, got the game early.

That's so unfair for trophy/platinum chasers who wanna be top 1, 10 or 50 (I'm not one of them). Trophy's should be locked until worldwide release, that's my opinion.

Anyway in my own time got to 100% this game. One of my favorites from childhood.

4 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

When you say hardcore mode was a bitch... explain bc those two gold trophies are tempting 

how were the bosses in that mode

Well... enemies swallow a lot on hardcore and don't feel like getting stunned easily, so it took a bit more bullet for the stun and run tactics. After a single hit you are in Danger State and second one kills you. Save are limited but you get more than enough Ink Ribbons honestly. I'd recommend saving on different files and reloading if you think you can do a section better. You can read more about it tomorrow, my guide should be up around noon/early afternoon tomorrow on PowerPyx.com.

Tomorrow I will also post a NG+ (with endless machinegun) speedrun on here. I also made some videos for bosses on hardcore, the only boss i kinda played bad in the videos was the first one, the other ones I did pretty decent in my vids.

• Like 2

@SnowNinjaRaccoon Compared to 100% Resident evil 7 how hard would this be? It's something I manged on pc (mad house etc).

I've also managed to get the platinum for evil within 2 just for the sake of comparing sort a like games when it comes down to my skill level. Would you say I could beat this 100%?

I've never played 2 and have no clue how hard these trophies are. I'm really considering to get this but if the platinum is stupid hard I'll probably get it on PC just for the sake of the story.

6 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@SnowNinjaRaccoon Compared to 100% Resident evil 7 how hard would this be? It's something I manged on pc (mad house etc).

I've also managed to get the platinum for evil within 2 just for the sake of comparing sort a like games when it comes down to my skill level. Would you say I could beat this 100%?

I've never played 2 and have no clue how hard these trophies are. I'm really considering to get this but if the platinum is stupid hard I'll probably get it on PC just for the sake of the story.

You can do it, don't worry.  RE7 was fun and I'd say a bit easier to plat than RE2. I hated the last 2 DLCs for RE7, so it's hard to compare something that fun and something I hated lol

I don't see why someone shouldn't be able to finish the game. I did in 4 days and I am no superhuman, just slightly insane lol

• Like 2

Just now, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

You can do it, don't worry.  RE7 was fun and I'd say a bit easier to plat than RE2. I hated the last 2 DLCs for RE7, so it's hard to compare something that fun and something I hated lol

I don't see why someone shouldn't be able to finish the game. I did in 4 days and I am no superhuman, just slightly insane lol

If hardcore S rank isn't too crazy everything else should be a cakewalk as you get unlimited submachine ammo right? I remember getting all the upgrades in 7 and everything was just stupid easy after that. Thanks for the reply!

Don't care about trophies at all when playing this. Original RE2 is my favorite game in the series, so I just wanna enjoy this on my own without worrying about trophies. Maybe later if I feel like, I'm could aim for the plat but it's not my number 1 priority.