Resident Evil 2 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

On 1/23/2019 at 6:13 PM, zizimonster said:

Suggestive in what way? :hmm:

I like the trophy tiles, anyway. :awesome:

The good news about this Resident Evil 2 is that there is no invisible mode. Been holding off playing REmake because of the trophy related to it and the speedrun one. :unsure:

Just platted 0 and Remake last week in anticipation. The invisible enemy mode is trivial on very easy. You can take so many hits, and there is so much ammo and health that it becomes a joke. Skip Yawn first fight, skip Black Tiger, let everyone die to skip second Tyrant fight. That just leaves Yawn second fight and tyrant. You can get yawn nearly dead at the start. Run to the ladder and then aim down the hall and unload with the shotgun. He will knock you down to the next floor but it will do no real damage. Just open fire and he will go down. For Tyrant, you spawn facing him. Skip cutscene, ready magnum, unload. Instant win. The game get loads easier after the mansion. Zombies are the only real enemy in the game. Hunters and Crimson heads can be ran right past, as can dogs and chimera. Elder crimson head can be a pain, but nothing a few heals wont save you from. I finished my run with 20 plus full heals. For lisa, just be quick and save before hand. She can knock you off, but it is unlikely. For the speed run, just follow a list if you are not confident. On very easy as long as you dont get lost you will do just fine. If you want to save a play through or two then speed run real survival. As long as you have a route and inventory management planed it makes the run easier. No fafing about with enemies, less healing needed, more ammo for bosses. Again the game becomes a lot simpler once you make it to the woods, as you have to deal with less zombies.  

4 hours ago, FinalFormYT said:

I did Leon A

Claire A

Leon B

Claire B

In that order. There are collectibles in all 4 that you need for the trophies. But are all separate campaigns. Like you only need to get S on the A or B scenario. Not Both

I get that but my question do we really have to play in that order??

12 hours ago, FinalFormYT said:

Just a heads up for ya peeps, I just have to finish my two hardcore playthroughs and then will be writing the trophy guide:) 

Nice one, was going to make 1, but u save my the trouble.

Think I will work on like a Survival guide. A gameplay guide that will have all maps with all items/collectible locations etc, for all difficulties/characters/scenarios as well as other useful stuff and a platinum speesrun guide at the end for decoration.

All which perhaps not be in a trophy guide so both will remain relevant and still be really useful ;)

Hunk mode was really tricky at times but it's totally doable with some planning

Got all trophies except the hardcore modes which will be my final two trophies, did my best to finish the game before kingdom hearts 3 but at least I got close. 

Can't wait to play kingdom hearts 3 tonight and earn my platinum for RE2 in the next couple of days. 

2 hours ago, Renzissimo said:

At least restart the savepoint but very lucky lol. But where u saw the steps? On the final rank page?

You can see how many steps you're on by pausing the game, going to "records", then scrolling all the way down. 

I'm not creating a new topic for this, but I decided to engage with Capcom's whole RE.NET deal for the first time. Good lord Almighty can you get lost on there - what they track... what they've tasked staff to create, code and specify... it's utterly incredible!

But my question: Is this $#¡t for real? I found one challenge for RE2 this week as such:

Take damage 5 times or less

Counterattack 3 times or less

Clear the game on Standard or Hardcore

My deal? You can further specify to show who completed it on either mode. Is it for f**king real that, *already*, 514 people beat Hardcore taking damage 5 times or less/fewer than three counterattacks?

Or that, again, *already*, 55 people beat Hardcore with an accuracy score of over 95%?!?

Clearly, I find this $#¡t incredibly insane - makes me feel like a total loser just getting the Plat, considering the difficulty much of the stuff up on RE.NET entails. I mean... wow. Simply wow.

Considering Capcom *is* tracking all of this, a glimpse at that sites stats/tracking shows just what a true, genuine 100% of the game could actually have been. I know Ubisoft has something similar with the Assassin's Creed series (actually, I think they do it for most all their games. I seem to recall now my Far Cry plays were similarly tracked on their Club Ubisoft or whatever it is). It's fascinating to see what a hardcore Platinum/100% could have been/currently is on their data mined sites. I thought I was pretty hardcore with RE7 - meaning I thought I did near abouts every damned thing possible. But... not even close, according to their site.

Whilst on the topic, a quick ? for those who have been aware of/using the site - all my RE gameplays have been on my same PSN account, on my one and only PS4. Why, when I just signed up for it, is it only showing RE2 and RE7, when I Platinumed RE1 Remake, and have played much of RE0+Revelations 2? I mean, everything should be altogether - I never did anything I'm aware of to add those two games to be tracked somehow, which I (apparently) didn't do with the others? 

But yeah, I'd especially like to get my RE1 data up there, since, again, I did Platinum it. Neat to see all these wild stats up and available. I mean how f**king crazy is it that, in just under a week already, 1,106,212 Leon's have been eaten by the Alligator (I at least contributed 0 times to that one!), where the Alligator has gained some 77,435 tons of Leons, gaining the entire weight of the Titanic in only 3 days and still needing 147k tons to reach the weight of the Harmony of the Seas.

Jesus, just how much spare time does Capcom staff have... how many employees/resources/man hours have they devoted to putting all this crazy data up there?! I mean really now! Tracking the number of times Leon got eaten, then figuring out his weight, then comparing the global collective numbers to all these massive real life things? Insane. Simply, positively freaking insane.

• 1 year later...

The trophies are fairly easy but I don’t like how many times I have to play it to earn it all, I’m fine with replaying a game 2-3 times but this can take up to 8-10 playthroughs... This extra mode “4th survivor” makes it an additional 3-4 playthroughs even with a guide. I wish they showed which collectible you already picked up, because of this I had to replay every single chapter where the two 2nd runs is till the Sewers. Can’t wait to get this plat and move on to the next game tbh.

3 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

The trophies are fairly easy but I don’t like how many times I have to play it to earn it all, I’m fine with replaying a game 2-3 times but this can take up to 8-10 playthroughs... This extra mode “4th survivor” makes it an additional 3-4 playthroughs even with a guide. I wish they showed which collectible you already picked up, because of this I had to replay every single chapter where the two 2nd runs is till the Sewers. Can’t wait to get this plat and move on to the next game tbh.

With a guide, the main game took me 5 playthroughs, Leon A and Hardcore B, Claire A and Hardcore B, and 1 Assisted for the no heals, no item box, under 14k steps.

4th Survivor is just to survive and escape RPD...

Just now, Gryfter said:

With a guide, the main game took me 5 playthroughs, Leon A and Hardcore B, Claire A and Hardcore B, and 1 Assisted for the no heals, no item box, under 14k steps.

4th Survivor is just to survive and escape RPD...

Yeah, I never use a guide on my first playthrough though. 4th survivor can be pretty hectic, I had nothing left to go through the waiting room and its hard to not get hit. I’m going to try again tomorrow. I also didn’t combine no heals + no box cause of an oopsie.

On 4/13/2020 at 0:17 PM, LoveInHell said:

Yeah, I never use a guide on my first playthrough though. 4th survivor can be pretty hectic, I had nothing left to go through the waiting room and its hard to not get hit. I’m going to try again tomorrow. I also didn’t combine no heals + no box cause of an oopsie.

Ah, ok. I used guides for the statues and files locations.

As for 4th Survivor, there are video to watch on Youtube where it shows which sections can totally be bypassed by running straight through, without getting touched or firing a weapon. Definitely try to save 2 grenades for the last section.

• Like 1