wickenex

PS Now is expanding in Europe - Sign-up for beta

21 posts in this topic

Cool, just when i'm a few months away from moving to a new house and getting a fiber-optic internet connection...

Now that PS Now includes downloads for PS2/PS4 games, I'd actually half be interested in this service if the price is right. My internet is pretty good, the envy of all my friends if I'm being honest, but I've been screwing around with GeForce Now on my SHIELD TV and the games are more than playable, no real lag, but the visual quality, the artifacting, it's just not ideal. That being said, the 1TB drive in my Pro also isn't ideal, but then, my spare 2TB HDD has long since been dibsed by the Xbox and the bevy of Game Pass games I have on it.

Who am I kidding, I don't need to worry about where I store my games through PS Now, Australia is excluded again anyways. Why are we included in EU versions when it means we'll be more censored or use their servers, but not when cool shit like this is going down? Joke's on you Sony, you took too long to get to me, and my heart belongs to the almighty Game Pass now.

Too late. Besides i still have my ps2 and ps3 so i will play on those instead of streaming.

Awesome. Still not in Australia. Great work Sony >.>

Can anyone clarify the situation with PS Now account sharing.

Is it possible to do so:

- I register, let say, German account and buy PS Now

- Activate on PS4, where I have my main account

- Launch the games from German PS Now and earn trophies for my accout for both downloadable PS2/PS4 games and streamed PS3 games (with stable internet access)

I mean this definitely works with PS Plus games or other PS3/PS4 games from other region stores, but since PS Now is kinda tricky, I can't find proper information about it.

19 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Can anyone clarify the situation with PS Now account sharing.

Is it possible to do so:

- I register, let say, German account and buy PS Now

- Activate on PS4, where I have my main account

- Launch the games from German PS Now and earn trophies for my accout for both downloadable PS2/PS4 games and streamed PS3 games (with stable internet access)

I mean this definitely works with PS Plus games or other PS3/PS4 games from other region stores, but since PS Now is kinda tricky, I can't find proper information about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/afu9it/play_downloaded_games_on_different_accounts/

Only PS2 and PS4 :(

Might be an old question, but can I get trophies from the PS Now games (that have them, of course)?

Would like to revisit the uncharted games and the last of us for some trophies 

bmg_ps.png

5 minutes ago, bmg_ps said:

Might be an old question, but can I get trophies from the PS Now games (that have them, of course)?

Would like to revisit the uncharted games and the last of us for some trophies 

You can get trophies from PS Now games even if you don't own them. Just make sure the game is the same version (Like PS3 verses PS4) that the trophy list you want them to be is. 

11 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

You can get trophies from PS Now games even if you don't own them. Just make sure the game is the same version (Like PS3 verses PS4) that the trophy list you want them to be is. 

that makes the PS Now a little more appealing to me.

Thank you!! 🙂

Just bring it to Australia already...

The beta began today and will last until February 26th from what I've been told.

Anyone here got invited for the beta?

27 minutes ago, wickenex said:

The beta began today and will last until February 26th from what I've been told.

Anyone here got invited for the beta?

No, i signed up on the day this post went live and did not recieve the invite... 

6 minutes ago, JSVilleneuve said:

No, i signed up on the day this post went live and did not recieve the invite... 

Same here, I signed up when they added the news article about this. 

I forgot to mention. For those of you who haven't got an email (yet), there is a way to manually check if you have been accepted. Go to your PS4 library and check in the bought items if you have something called "Playstation Now Beta".

On 1/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, bmg_ps said:

that makes the PS Now a little more appealing to me.

Thank you!! 1f642.png

You can upload your save to the cloud and download it to continue too, if you have one that is. I've continued a lot of games using PS Now since it's been convienent. Got the plat in Spec Ops The Line this way, finished the DLC trophies in Enslaved, did more in Shattered [which I haven't played in years] got 100% in Pacman and Galaga Challengeship Editions or w/e they're titles are too.

It's handy to have easy access to a game.

Though it doesn't work with some games like Disney Universe. I assume those are either copy protected save files, or there's information stored elsewhere locally that you can't backup this way so you can't continue properly. Not sure what the deal was with it, but I tried multiple times and it would always start a fresh save file instead of use the one I had downloaded with progress on it. *shrug*

Obviously more of a PS3 thing.

Edited by Elvick_

I have not received a code yet. I'm guessing I wasn't chosen or are codes still being sent?

(btw if anyone has a code and doesn't need it I would greatly appreciate it).

Edited by CarlosInacio

20 hours ago, CarlosInacio said:

I'm guessing I wasn't chosen or are codes still being sent?

(btw if anyone has a code and doesn't need it I would greatly appreciate it).

They didn't send codes for this beta, it was automatically applied to your account.

If you never received an email welcoming you to the beta or the PS Now Beta application didn't show up in your library, then you weren't selected.

So I powered on my PS4 a few minutes ago and the Playstation Now application was on my homescreen. Doesn't say "beta" anywhere, and I've received no mail regarding any kind of invitation. Still, I have full access to the PS Now library and I'm currently downloading Until Dawn. I got a message saying "Thanks for subscribing" but I haven't paid anything, so I guess I'm in. It's a bit slow, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. Can definitely see myself subscribing, at least for a few months until the offered content grows stale.