Faster log-in with digital or retail version?

Main reason of my question: since I have this problem, I am very unsure and confused about buying The Division 2 on retail or digital version.

I own the retail copy version of this game but in the last three months, everytime I start the game, after main menu with all your characters and hours played, the % log-in stops at 99% for like 4-5 minutes and then I finally enter in the game.

Instead, from 0% to 98% is fast as hell LOL.

Only the 99-100% takes, as I said, more than five minutes (that's the reason why I stopped playing for achieving the DLCs trophies)

It's because I have the retail copy version and the digital version is faster?

Or it's caused by my internet connection (67,2 mb/s NAT 2, I use not the Wi-Fi connection but the Ethernet Cable)?

I wonder if there's difference in the log-in time with the digital version because with all the other online only games are very fast and I can't complain...

We all don't know how The Division 2 will be, but just tell me your experience for who owns the digital and the users have the disc version...

You can understand it's very annoying this thing for me... 

35 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

the % log-in stops at 99% for like 4-5 minutes and then I finally enter in the game.

Instead, from 0% to 98% is fast as hell LOL.

It's how it has always been for me. Same for other of those online-only games, like PVZ 2, Rainbow Six Siege and etc. They are probably authenticating your client on their servers before you can do anything. I usually just boot up the game and leave it going for a while. I have the digital gold edition version.

• Like 1

As far as I know, it should not matter at all whether you use the digital or disc version. Both of them install all the data on your HDD anyway. The only thing that's different when starting the disc version is the game checks whether the disc is in before it'll start the game. The disc itself is basically just DRM once the game is installed,

I'm pretty sure this DRM process takes place 100% locally though, as in it's very unlikely the servers themselves are checking whether you have an authentic disc, since the system itself is doing that anyway when the game starts.

• Like 1