Servers are garbage

The servers were funky even several months ago, but maybe not as bad as now. One thing I found was that proximity mattered. Same country is good, but maybe not good enough. One group, the only thing that worked was me being leader of one team, and my alt (on Vita) being leader of the other team, and each inviting one of the other players. So basically the two accounts searching for each other were in the same room.

If anyone in your group has the hardware for that, give it a try if you haven't already.

Edited by RNumbers

7 hours ago, RNumbers said:

The servers were funky even several months ago, but maybe not as bad as now. One thing I found was that proximity mattered. Same country is good, but maybe not good enough. One group, the only thing that worked was me being leader of one team, and my alt (on Vita) being leader of the other team, and each inviting one of the other players. So basically the two accounts searching for each other were in the same room.

If anyone in your group has the hardware for that, give it a try if you haven't already.

Proximity could possibly an issue for matchmaking. I don't get why invites are failing though, not just to and from friends but also from my second and third ps3s in the other room. I had a very smooth run on the vita a couple of weeks ago, both with invites and matchmaking. This is a nightmare.

I have tried a number of things - changing my connection type to NAT open, searching with my main account on different ps3s, invites from different alts, invites from friends in different regions, asking a friend in the US to play it for me with his US online pass - nothing seems to work. Some people are still earning the trophies though, including Friendly Competition. It doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Sony is aware of the problem or whether they are even bothered. People are still purchasing this game for the purpose of earning the trophies yet the mp locks them out of the plat.

Edited by bonafide327

27 minutes ago, bonafide327 said:

Proximity could possibly an issue for matchmaking. I don't get why invites are failing though, not just to and from friends but also from my second and third ps3s in the other room. I had a very smooth run on the vita a couple of weeks ago, both with invites and matchmaking. This is a nightmare.

Ah, I see. Didn't realize even invites were problematic... Hope it resolves in time.

19 minutes ago, bonafide327 said:

I wonder if Sony is aware of the problem or whether they are even bothered. People are still purchasing this game for the purpose of earning the trophies yet the mp locks them out of the plat.

And? Sony is still selling a lot of games with closed servers, hell, they are even putting them on sales recently (at least Wipeout HD and 2048).

They don't care who or why people buy the games, they just want to sell, that's all.. 

It sucks, but that's how the "Online Multiplayer" world works (pretty much like the digital only idea, with tons of games ending "lost" forever for the players because of license deals ending and games ending delisted). 10 years ago it all sounded really good, but the truth is quite different. 

As for the servers, any game with servers set to closure "soon" are usually left unattended, so usually the closer to the closure date, the worst they get, nothing we can do about it (and I have done several of those).. That's actually one of the reasons why I'm always thinking twice about getting Test Driver Unlimited, Batman Origins myself, and also why I don't know if I should start King of Fighters 13 (got it recently).