CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

RPG MANIA

Welcome challengers, to the main event. It is here that your endurance will be tested in match of wills against other heroes to see who will become supreme in the worlds of RPG’s. I, will be your guide and DM throughout this year long event. I wish you all luck.

THE HEROES:

Dragon-archon

Spoiler

Triple Point Game

S080914.png

Double Point Game

S7364fb.png

S7d468a.png

Completions:

S307d7d.png7S741532.png

S3b5f25.png1Sb4c851.png

S276fb5.png19S6009b2.png

Se32953.png1Sf21425.png

S7364fb.png1Sa7d0c1.png

Fabiansc83

Spoiler

Triple Point Game

L744f54.png

Double Point Game

Lf47260.png

L70197b.png

Completions:

Sf616be.png1S9a3ce4.png

Sf616be.png55S0a0f14.png

Sb034ad.png1S120bf9.png

S327a52.png1S50b219.png

S8a363d.png84S83dd20.png

S57afe9.png98Sf5ea2c.png

Jemmie

Spoiler

Meet Jemmie, the trophy vagabond who has popped around the forums for quite some time now. Now the proud conqueror of 17 RPGs to date, Jemmie has joined the fight in order to complete some of his beloved series as well as push himself to greater heights. Some of the toughest foes Jemmie has ever faced  will make their triumphant return, including the elusive Sea Guardian in P4G, legendary dungeon master, Prince Yamato, from Guided Fate, the deadly shampurus from Mugen Souls Z, and many more! Will Jemmie be able to defeat all of these dastardly foes? Probably not, but he'll sure have a fun time trying! 

Triple Point Game

S9e84a9.png

Double Point Game

S9934b6.png

Sc9e9a9.png

Completions:

Sc9e9a9.png1S85b8a2.png

Kevvik

Spoiler

This long time adventurer cut his teeth early on puzzles whilst desperately seeking grue-repellant, crawling through temples in Apshai, looking for blue and red pages and hanging with some Guy named Threepwood. After his pen and paper evolved into visual journeys to Faerun and Alefgard, now travelling with some guy with no name and a lummox with a hamster, he sought out grand stories. Sometimes he felt like the names and dates had been changed to protect the plagiarizing but still he listened, touching the pillars in the correct order and dutifully completing his catalogues. 

Not quite retired now, he still solves puzzles, embraces stories, interacts somewhat positively with random monsters and intermittently breaks storage containers in friends' homes, listening for a jingly tune. He hopes this event will help him cut back on that last one so he gets invited out more often.

Triple Point Game

S8958f3.png

Double Point Game

Sf8137b.png

Saaac37.png

Completions:

S923a36.png1Sc4ba6f.png

S3f1e16.png1Sf68d0e.png

S3f1e16.png66Sc0767d.png

S2fb283.png1S5875e8.png

S4e35ce.png1Sfdd668.png

Scc35e7.png1S04db45.png

Kingofbattle8174

Spoiler

He started early with on a D&D 2nd edition Monster manual. His first foray's into the RPG realms included Dragon Warrior 1 and the obscure Magic of Scheherazade. Moving on to the PS1, Ps2 and 360 there were many adventures in wonderful landscapes. Now he has returned to enjoy new journeys among new friends and rivals. 

Triple Point Game

S2df74a.png

Double Point Game

S080914.png

S2354f8.png

Completions:

Sac0cf2.png1S479f38.png

S327a52.png1S50b219.png

Ladynadiad

Spoiler

Triple Point Game

Sf8137b.png

Double Point Game

S2df74a.png

Trails of Cold Steel III

Completions:

S545021.png13S0e4cd0.png

S9cf36b.png1S38aa70.png

S7d649a.png1S43f8e3.png

S551dc3.png1S7dbd30.png

Se7122e.png1Sb1c31b.png

Sfcff76.png1Sd4380f.png

Leon Castle

Spoiler

The Knight of Gamindustri that have been protecting Gamindustri for years have set on a grand Journey across Worlds, Universes and Dimensions. Both finishing journeys set before He met Noire and arrived in Gamindustri and journeys that's yet to start.

Triple Point Game

Code Vein

Double Point Game

Super Neptunia RPG

S2553a6.png

Completions:

Sfbcf64.png1Sb6649e.png

Scd33a5.png1S9891d8.png

Sealightbreeze

Triple Point Game

Double Point Game

Completions:

Warpedsavior

Spoiler

Triple Point Game

Scf001b.png

Double Point Game

Sb05f11.png

S2553a6.png

Completions:

S307d7d.png7S741532.png

S2c6b5a.png1S4b1d50.png

Sf8137b.png1S9c4b5d.png

S53caa8.png1Se9e83e.png

xZoneHunter

Spoiler

Triple Point Game

S3c7092.png

Double Point Game

Sa49afb.png

Sc3250e.png

Completions:

Scoring

Spoiler

Platinum scoring would be a base of 100- Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins.

0-19%: -0 points

20-39%: -5 points

40-59% -10 points

60-79% -15 points

80% +   -20 points

Individual trophies can also be awarded points. As long as they were completed after the event start.

Copper: 1 points

silver: 2 points

Gold: 6 points

1S2ca8e4.png Adventures of Mana  100+ 68 - 26.01- 0 = 141.99 points scored

Non Plat scoring base of 75 plus trophies minus completion rarity minus percent already completed

DLC will be counted separately from the main game. Each DLC for both plat and non plat games has a base score of 50 points per dlc pack and add your qualifying trophies Then subtract the rarity of the rarest trophy and then the percent of trophies you have already unlocked before competition starts. If there are four trophies in the DLC pack so if you have already unlocked two then it is considered 50% complete.

Bonuses.

There are ways to really gain an edge and yes bonuses are added together to make good combo.

Double point game. You are allowed two, and you are allowed one swap during the event. Declare them before or on the 1st of Feb.

Triple point game. There is one triple point game. Declare it at the same time, it cannot though be in the previous category, and it cannot be swapped.

Lets Play Bonus. Any game that qualifies for any of the following Let's Play Events earns you a bonus times 2 multiplier. This can be combined with a double point game or triple point game to give you a times four or times five bonus.

Mugen souls

Neptunia

Omega Quintet

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 5

Kingdom Hearts (includes KH3)

Sword Art Online

Star Ocean

Warrior. Be careful here , some though such as One Piece have a genre of RPG so it would qualify.

Ys

Beast Mode Bonus: Earn a bonus for each game of the same series after the first. The first game must be completed during the event. The second game earns a bonus of .50 and stacks with each complete game. so game three would have a 1.00 bonus, etc. 

New Game Bonus: Earn a .50 bonus for completing a game within 30 days after it is released.

ORIGINAL OP

Spoiler

Who doesn't love a good RPG? And Who also doesn't love watching or participating in a good  fun competition? I know I have so may good ones in my backlog to complete and something like this will push me in the right direction.

Right now I am looking for 5 other players but I may expand it to 9 more if enough want in.

Start Date will be Feb 1st midnight GMT and will run until next Feb.

So there has to be some requirements right, So here is what direction I am leaning in.

1) Please have at least 6 months forum experience, not in general but on the current profile you are using. I say this because this is a year long event and having someone drop out because the they get deterred with their account, and having to readjust afterwards is not something that I want to deal with.

2) To determine what games qualify, it should specify RPG on this site under Genre on this site. You can get a waiver if you really think a game should count. Like to me Idle Champions should count but it is called a strategy game, even though it takes place in the Forgotten Realms setting. If you feel a game qualifies, just get two other competitors to agree and it will be allowed. I would suggest doing this before starting a game just incase.

3) Have Fun, talk light smack, give each other pointers.

4) This is to just Platinum, not 100% to make a game count. But point considerations will be given for each individual DLC pack completed and 100% games that might not have a Plat because they need love too. Child of Light would be a good example for a 100% game and completing any one of the many DLC's for Neverwinter.

5) The scoring system is not to be complicated, because I hate math. But most likely will put into consideration rarity, length, and how much was already complete before the event started. When you submit your game, also submit the score total. I will trust your integrity. Each month though I will do an audit to make sure everything is adding up right.

6) I am not the solo decision maker, any disputes will be up to a majority vote.

If you have any other suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to ask.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20190201T00&p0=769&msg=RPG+Mania+Launch+DATE&font=cursive&csz=1

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/riphone.do?rid=cda50b505284406c34077884e1b77d16e479d

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

I have several RPGs I plan to play over the next year, but only a few of them are on PS platforms. Of those (KH3, Persona 5, Trails of Cold Steel 1), I don't think I'll go for the Platinum on any of them. Maybe KH3. If you decide to expand the event to other platforms and not be strictly Platinum-based, I'll join in. Otherwise I'll probably lurk on the thread to see the experiences people are having with those PS games on my backlog.

Either way, it's a cool idea. It should be a good event.

EDIT: I just noticed you're only looking for a small group of participants. I'm sure you can find 5 or even 9 dedicated trophy hunters to make the event. Good luck!

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

Yeahhh well, you can count me in, i don't have so many time to play games like others, but if it's just for fun i'll do my best, like always. 

I have a bunch of RPG games waiting right now so...

So sad Gravity Rush 2 is not under RPG genre on this site, i think it it should.

Edited by fabiansc83

@Dragon-Archon @MidnightDragon Are we gonna have a dragon vs dragon showdown because that would be exciting.

@Leon Castle @fabiansc83

Welcome aboard. Just write up a good intro for the updated OP once we get the participants situated.

@MosesRockefeller

Lurking and cheering on is ok. That is the point of a community right?

@acasser

If you want in there is still room.

• Like 2

Unjustly cut short from a grand platinum challenge, a lone trophy vagabond wonders in the mist, aimlessly walking towards his unknown target. Just as the will to gather more trophies begins to disappear, a light shines down anew! A grand adventure awaits, bursting with hurdles, banter, and woe! BEHOLD! Jemmie joins your party!

Spoiler

Translation: Can I join?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

And here I was thinking @MidnightDragon and me would team up to show the might of dragons :awesome: . *Goes through the backlog and counts 10 RPGs* I'm in.

I thought dragons were solitary by nature ?. You are added by the way as well. 

I think three more and we will call it good.

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@acasser

If you want in there is still room.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Anyone else after this signups are closed. If you earlier expressed interest but could not give me a definite answer I appologize. 

Guess my need to run to work squeezed me out.  Oh well, there's bound to be another contest coming up.