CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

Just got the plat in Asdivine Hearts II, which for some reason still lacks genre labels, ugh.  So here is a link to another site that does label it as a RPG.  It's another Kemco game, and plays much the same as Fernz Gate and Antiquia Lost overall.

Anyway, points wise it is 100-43.90+30+18+20 for a total of 124.10  A shame I didn't play the first game during this event so I couldn't get the multiplier.

• Like 4

@kingofbattle8174I finished my x2 bonus game and i must say that Tropico 5 was fun but challenging, maybe because i'm not used to these kind of games. It have a lot of Ultra Rare trophies too!  So, let's see:

Double point game: Topico 5 - Base game: (100+70-2.46).2= 335.14

DLC 1: Waterborne: (50+13-4).2= 118

DLC 2: Espionage: (50+13-4.55).2= 116.90

Total so far: 2030 Points (See below)

Spoiler

Screenshot-20190527-134751.png

Screenshot-20190527-134808.png

I'm working on Dauntless right now, and let's see if i can get the New Game Bonus, but i don't think i will make it in time, some trophies (Player Level 40, All decked out and the master) takes too much time to get.  

It doesn't have a platinum but the game is pretty solid and fun. I highly recommend it.

• Like 3

@fabiansc83 - do you have something like that chart you could share?  Even if it's yours and someone would have to delete your stuff and fill in theirs it would be neat to have to keep track of my own stuff.

Just calculated that my total is 1461.78 and I haven't even finished my double or triple points games yet.  Heck, one of the doubles still isn't even released yet.  Just trying to chip away at some other stuff and then I'll delve into Persona 5 and Omega Quintet.  Also working on Zero no Kiseki to get that nice beast mode bonus built up in time for the release of my second double points game.

Edit: Okay, so I was able to get a nice pretty chart made too.  Boy posting one from a word processor to here was a pain.  Had to convert to a PDF to let me open in Photoshop, then use Photoshop to convert to a PNG to upload because the word processor wouldn't carry over the images.  Using Japanese image for CS3 until we have one for the localization.

Spoiler

I5VValS.png

b5H32OE.png

Edit the second: @kingofbattle8174 - I just realized something seems off about the math for the multipliers.

So pretty much for the 0.5 to get that we'd have to divide the total by 2 and add that amount to the total, or multiply by 1.5.

With a 1.0, we'd take the total and add it to itself, which is actually double.  How people have been calculating the double points is by multiplying by 2, which is the same as the result you'd get with a double point game or LP bonus.

So to give an example from mine, let's just say Asdivine Hearts II qualified for a 1.0 multiplier (it doesn't but just as an example).  I'd take the 124.10 I got for it and add that to 124.10 and get 248.20.  If I take 124.10 and times it by 2, I get the same amount.

So I realized that for every multiplier we actually need to add 1 to it or that gets added to the original total, which is just an alternate way to add 1 to the multiplier.

If I'm right about this error, seems we may need to do some recalculations, mostly for anything with x2 or higher multipliers.  For me that would just be Ys Origin and Lacrimosa of Dana.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

@ladynadiad

If I remember correctly there is a difference so I will break it down using your example of Asdivine Hearts.

So a 1.0 Beast mode would adding it to itself. So 124.10 + 124.10 = 248.20. 

A double point game 124.20+ 248.20= 372.3.

Does that example clarify things? 

To everyone, I am moving my family next week and will be busy. When I get back I will look at all the scores and make sure everything is up to date and scored correctly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@ladynadiad

If I remember correctly there is a difference so I will break it down using your example of Asdivine Hearts.

So a 1.0 Beast mode would adding it to itself. So 124.10 + 124.10 = 248.20. 

A double point game 124.20+ 248.20= 372.3.

Does that example clarify things? 

To everyone, I am moving my family next week and will be busy. When I get back I will look at all the scores and make sure everything is up to date and scored correctly.

Yes, and means that some of us have been calculating totals wrong, I know I sure messed up on my two Ys games.

I calculated my two LP games by multiplying by 2 or 2.5, which ends up being the same as adding the total together for the 1.0 beast mode.  Pretty much to get what you got for a double point game another easy way would be to take your points and multiply by 3, so pretty much the multiplier ends up being 1 plus whatever you end up with for the game.

Ys Origin: Was 100-20-2.59+8 for a total of 85.41.  Since it was part of a LP I multiplied it by two to get 170.82 when that should be added to 85.41 and it should actually be a total of 256.23

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana was similar.  100-10-13.27+38 for a total of 114.73.  I multiplied by 2.5 to get 286.82, when that should have been added to the 114.73 for a total of 401.55.

And with the corrections and the games not yet on the spreadsheet that brings my total to 1661.92 instead of 1461.78.  I'll reupload a new chart, just will go ahead and wait for me to finish Chronus Arc since I'm probably going to finish that this weekend.

Of course that will grow more once I get off my butt and start my double and triple point games and get Zero and Ao no Kiseki finished up for that nice beast mode bonus fro CS3 when it's released in hopefully November.  Already started Zero no Kiseki.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I know I have to go back through them all. I have been slacking big time on the updates. After the move will be all sorts of time to do just that. Good luck on those big point games. I have a bunch of kemco games ready for the summer contest.

Good luck with the Kemco stash!  Of the ones I've played so far I enjoyed Revenant Saga, Asdivine Hearts and Fernz Gate the most.  Asdivine Hearts is a non-plat but since its sequel has a plat the bonus will be nice (and I actually enjoyed Asdivine Hearts II even if most say it kind of sucks).  I wouldn't say any of them are incredibly amazing games, but they are fun, have nice stories and characters and are easy to plat/100% even with sparse to non-existent trophy guides.  rpginsanity.com will be a very good resource for you since someone has compiled info for every Kemco game in existence there and at the very least you'll find the subquest lists helpful since most of them have a trophy for completing all the subquests.

And I actually ended up finishing Chronus Arc tonight.  That was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be since the game is overall pretty short but a bit grindy.  Since it's a non-plat it's worth 75-31.82+6+12+3 for a total of a measly 64.18 points, but that's not too bad for a game that only took just under 13 hours to 100%.

Went ahead and reuploaded a new chart with the corrections for my games with the incorrect math.  With the new addition I now have 1726.10 points.  Of note I have any RPG I have earned a trophy in on there but am obviously not counting the incompletes for points yet, that's just for my knowledge so I don't forget what percentages they were originally at.

Spoiler

pi4c365.png

dwsJr9f.png

I'm totally confused by this new scoring revelation. It was my impression that LP titles merely started as a 2x multiplier game (the way I scored Megatagmension) rather than a 1x but the way @ladynadiad describes it, any LP title actually starts at 3x? So any LP title you play is essentially a triple point game at baseline for scoring purposes?

Starting a LP title at 2x with 2x and 3x for the double/triple point games would bring them up to 4x and 5x value as described in the original post on scoring. Adding the multipliers the other way (starting at 2x or 3x then adding 2 for LP bonus for 4x/5x value)) would give the same result but make a normal game a 3x rather than a 2x. Was that the intent?

Just want to make sure I've got this straight but that seems like a really big point jump just for being a Let's Play title (one Let's Play title is worth three regular games?). The way I initially interpreted it makes more sense to me and a little more balanced from a scoring perspective but if the intent was the other interpretation then I have no problem going with that.

Edited by Kevvik

7 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I'm totally confused by this new scoring revelation. It was my impression that LP titles merely started as a 2x multiplier game (the way I scored Megatagmension) rather than a 1x but the way @ladynadiad describes it, any LP title actually starts at 3x? So any LP title you play is essentially a triple point game at baseline for scoring purposes?

Starting a LP title at 2x with 2x and 3x for the double/triple point games would bring them up to 4x and 5x value as described in the original post on scoring. Adding the multipliers the other way (starting at 2x or 3x then adding 2 for LP bonus for 4x/5x value)) would give the same result but make a normal game a 3x rather than a 2x. Was that the intent?

Just want to make sure I've got this straight but that seems like a really big point jump just for being a Let's Play title (one Let's Play title is worth three regular games?). The way I initially interpreted it makes more sense to me and a little more balanced from a scoring perspective but if the intent was the other interpretation then I have no problem going with that.

The reason why I pointed that out was that I noticed that if you go with a pure multiply by what the multiplier was, with 0.5 and 1.0 you'd run into an issue unless you add 1 or add to your original total.  But if you take the total and add it to itself that's actually multiplying by 2 so 1 and 2 end up being the same thing by how we were calculating it.

So to continue with my example of Asdivine Hearts II if it qualified for a 1.0 multiplier.  If you take 124.10 and times it by 1, you get 124.10.  Obviously it's not the intent to make that bonus worthless.  If it's a 0.5 multiplier that reduces by half and obviously it's not the point to have a bonus reduce our points.  So to get the actual value you add to the original total, so 124.10+124.10 for a total of 248.20.  Now if you take 124.10 and times it by 2 you also get 248.20, which is how many are calculating their double point and LP bonuses.  That was the issue I was pointing out because I doubted it was intended for a 2.0 multiplier to be the same as a 1.0 or for 1.0 to be worthless and 0.5 to actually hurt you.

Now this does also apply to double and triple point games too.  So when you finish Omega Quintet you get a bonus of 4x added to it's base total since it's your double point and a LP game.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

The reason why I pointed that out was that I noticed that if you go with a pure multiply by what the multiplier was, with 0.5 and 1.0 you'd run into an issue unless you add 1 or add to your original total.  But if you take the total and add it to itself that's actually multiplying by 2 so 1 and 2 end up being the same thing by how we were calculating it.

So to continue with my example of Asdivine Hearts II if it qualified for a 1.0 multiplier.  If you take 124.10 and times it by 1, you get 124.10.  Obviously it's not the intent to make that bonus worthless.  If it's a 0.5 multiplier that reduces by half and obviously it's not the point to have a bonus reduce our points.  So to get the actual value you add to the original total, so 124.10+124.10 for a total of 248.20.  Now if you take 124.10 and times it by 2 you also get 248.20, which is how many are calculating their double point and LP bonuses.  That was the issue I was pointing out because I doubted it was intended for a 2.0 multiplier to be the same as a 1.0 or for 1.0 to be worthless and 0.5 to actually hurt you.

Now this does also apply to double and triple point games too.  So when you finish Omega Quintet you get a bonus of 4x added to it's base total since it's your double point and a LP game.

I see where you are coming from. I just hadn't interpreted it like that. I saw the final multiplier being a sum of the bonuses, rather than a product. 

Using the Asdivine Hearts II example, if you had earned the BM bonus for that, rather than multiplying it by 0.5, the game multiplier would have been:

1 (base game) + 0.5 (BM) = 1.5 multiplier of base score so:

124.10 x 1.5 = 186.15 points.

I think it was meant to add them together in this fashion which was why Let's Play bonuses for double and triple point game were clearly described as 4x (2+2) and 5x (2+3) rather than 4x (2x2) and 6x (2x3). The only area that I think this becomes cloudy is adding the Let's Play bonus to a base game making the 3x bonus (1+2). I think the scoring wording needs to be clarified to remove the Let's Play multiplier terminology to make the base score for a Let's Play game a 2x or that a 1x multiplier is added to the base 1x score for a 2x score.

On a side note, I think we should also have a cap for the Beast Mode bonus. I could literally play Tales, Atelier or Neptunia games continuously and drive that bonus up to 4x, 5x, etc which I think is an unbalanced bonus for the scoring of this event. I think a 1.5x or 2x cap for BM would be more appropriate and have people playing different games rather than just farming out of control bonuses for the same game series continuously.  It could still be abused but the scoring would be somewhat reined in. I also don't think game stacks, played during the event, should apply for the bonus. For example, if I finished Ys Origin for PS4 and Vita during the event, I should not get the BM bonus for the second title. If I finished Ys VIII then Ys Origin for Vita but had finished it for PS4 prior to the event, the BM bonus would still count (as was your situation, I believe).

If I finished games during the event in this order:

Ys VIII, Ys Origin (PS4), Ys Origin (Vita), Ys Memories of Celceta 

my multipliers for scoring the games (not counting the LP bonus atm) would be

1x, 1.5x (1+0.5 BM), 1x (no BM bonus for stack during event), 2x (1+1.0 BM bonus)

with the LP bonus the multipliers would be

2x, 2.5x (2+0.5 BM), 2x (no BM bonus for stack during event), 3x (2+1.0 BM bonus)

Do my suggestions make sense? Not trying to add new scoring, just clarify what we have and keep it balanced for everyone.

Edited by Kevvik

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

On a side note, I think we should also have a cap for the Beast Mode bonus. I could literally play Tales, Atelier or Neptunia games continuously and drive that bonus up to 4x, 5x, etc which I think is an unbalanced bonus for the scoring of this event. I think a 1.5x or 2x cap for BM would be more appropriate and have people playing different games rather than just farming out of control bonuses for the same game series continuously.  It could still be abused but the scoring would be somewhat reined in. I also don't think game stacks, played during the event, should apply for the bonus. For example, if I finished Ys Origin for PS4 and Vita during the event, I should not get the BM bonus for the second title. If I finished Ys VIII then Ys Origin for Vita but had finished it for PS4 prior to the event, the BM bonus would still count (as was your situation, I believe).

My situation was that I played Ys VII and Ys Origin on Vita back when the games originally came out.  I also am working on the PS4 version of Tokyo Xanadu when I platted the Vita version previously, and one of my double points is going to be the NA version of a game I platted in Japanese previously.

I'd be okay with a cap on BM though, or after so many games the bonus goes down. Though one can argue that every lengthy series of game does also have very grindy trophies and often multiple playthroughs needed for a plat.  The time spent building up that bonus could also be spent playing shorter and easier games.  But I do agree that a double stack of the same game definitely shouldn't count for Beast Mode unless the double stacks have significantly different trophy sets, like The Witch and the Hundred Knight PS3 and Revival Edition.  Same game, but the trophy sets are completely different so it would be fair to get a bonus for that.  But not a difference like Tokyo Xanadu and Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since those are the same with a few extras for the PS4's extra content.

And yeah, with your example of a 0.5 BM, that's actually exactly how I calculated Revenant Dogma, I multiplied it by 1.5. While I was making my chart I then went hey, wait a second when I looked at that compared to the two Ys games that were 2.0 and 2.5 when Revenant Dogma was 0.5 and realized that something was off.

42 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd be okay with a cap on BM though, or after so many games the bonus goes down. Though one can argue that every lengthy series of game does also have very grindy trophies and often multiple playthroughs needed for a plat.  The time spent building up that bonus could also be spent playing shorter and easier games.  But I do agree that a double stack of the same game definitely shouldn't count for Beast Mode unless the double stacks have significantly different trophy sets, like The Witch and the Hundred Knight PS3 and Revival Edition.  Same game, but the trophy sets are completely different so it would be fair to get a bonus for that.  But not a difference like Tokyo Xanadu and Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since those are the same with a few extras for the PS4's extra content.

And yeah, with your example of a 0.5 BM, that's actually exactly how I calculated Revenant Dogma, I multiplied it by 1.5. While I was making my chart I then went hey, wait a second when I looked at that compared to the two Ys games that were 2.0 and 2.5 when Revenant Dogma was 0.5 and realized that something was off.

Sounds like you and I are at consensus. Now we just need @kingofbattle8174 and some of the others to weigh in so we can ensure everything is clarified for everyone and we don't confuse our busy scorekeeper.

When you get around to Omega Quintet, I would say to have something else going on the side for when you need a break from the inane characters and painfully repetitive grind.  I'm at about 95 hrs and from the sounds of it, I think I still have at least 30+ hrs more for approval grinding and finishing training floors.

5 hours ago, Kevvik said:

When you get around to Omega Quintet, I would say to have something else going on the side for when you need a break from the inane characters and painfully repetitive grind.  I'm at about 95 hrs and from the sounds of it, I think I still have at least 30+ hrs more for approval grinding and finishing training floors.

I nearly always am playing multiple games at once.  On PS4 I've been swapping between a digital and physical title and I tend to play something on Vita and Steam at the same time too.  But then I did plat the tedium that is Sorcery Saga, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

49 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I nearly always am playing multiple games at once.  On PS4 I've been swapping between a digital and physical title and I tend to play something on Vita and Steam at the same time too.  But then I did plat the tedium that is Sorcery Saga, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Everybody always uses that for an example but I never remember thinking about it that way when I went through it.  MeiQ, on the other hand, was a pointless grind of tedium for me. I remember being done all the story for all difficulty levels and pretty much having finished everything of note and being at 10k kills but needing to get to 30k kills to finish up the platinum.  Hours and hours of battles serving no other purpose than the slowly raise my kill count. Ugh...

@Kevvikand @ladynadiadI don't understand anything you two were talking about, too deep math for a simple person like me ?...I'm a little confused to be honest.

The only thing I KNOW is that someone VOTED FOR ME to be the champion!, yaaaay!, NOW SOMEONE GOT MOTIVATED HERE!!! :dance:

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

@Kevvikand @ladynadiadI don't understand anything you two were talking about, too deep math for a simple person like me 1f605.png...I'm a little confused to be honest.

The only thing I KNOW is that someone VOTED FOR ME to be the champion!, yaaaay!, NOW SOMEONE GOT MOTIVATED HERE!!! :dance:

Yay for someone voting for you!  I just noticed I have another vote as well.  A few more must be voting now that they are seeing some scores and who has a good shot of winning.

As far as the math goes, it boils down to I noticed a possible error in the math.  The only games it applies to for you are your double and triple point games.  The math error is easily fixed by adding 1 to the multipliers.

• Like 2

Finished Adventures of Mana. Nice little game to play on Vita while away from home.  Ground from level 65-99 in about 4 hours, better than the 10 hours the guide forecasts after completing the story. All those dead elephants...

100 + 70 - 25.96 = 144.04 points

Long drive tomorrow, then back to my idols (groan) in Omega Quintet later in the week...

• Like 2

Just completed Legend of the Tetrarchs which was also a new release so it gets a 0.5 bonus.  So that's (100-62.16+36+18+11) x1.5 for a total of 154.26 points, bringing me to a total of 1880.36 points.  And for the fellow Kemco players in the thread, I definitely recommend Legend of the Tetrarchs.  It's up there with Revenant Saga among my favorites from them.  It was just released this past week if anyone else wants to get in on that new release bonus.  That was definitely a nice point value for a game that only took me a few days to plat and it was enjoyable to boot.

I also saw that apparently soon a new Asdivine game is coming to PSN as well.  That will be a nice bonus if I grab it right after release.

Spoiler

pi4c365.png

1HgkBQc.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Finished Tales of Vesperia 2 days ago and is the 3rd Tales of cleared which gives me 100 - 8.50 + 70 - 0 = 161.50 + 161.50 + 1 = 324

Might done the Beast Mode bonus wrong, it was one time more the main score or more?

Yes, the 3rd game Beast Mode gives you a +1 multiplier so...

161.50 x 3 ( 2 (double points game) + 1 (Beast Mode bonus)) = 484.50 points

@kingofbattle8174

On a side note, did we ever decide if we were capping the Beast Mode bonus or not?

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

Omega Quintet is complete.  Thank goodness.

100 + 70 - 2.86 = 167.14 x 4 (2 (double points game) + 2 (Let's Play)) = 668.56 points

See if I can clean up a bit more stuff before KYC X kicks off in July.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Omega Quintet is complete.  Thank goodness.

100 + 70 - 2.86 = 167.14 x 4 (2 (double points game) + 2 (Let's Play)) = 668.56 points

See if I can clean up a bit more stuff before KYC X kicks off in July.

Congrats :yay: .

So, how was the game? And the grinds? :awesome: 

In regards to the multipliers: shouldn't it be 3? A normal game is worth x1, double game adds another x1 (which brings the total to x2), and LP games have another 1 multiplier.

Edited by Dragon-Archon