CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

On July 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM, ladynadiad said:

Edit: Ended up finishing Persona 5 before anyone else posted.  That one is double points and LP, so that adds 4 to the multiplier for (100-10.17+18+10+39)x5 and a total of 784.15 points and that brings my grand total to 3062.52 points.

The multiplier should only be x4. 

"Lets Play Bonus. Any game that qualifies for any of the following Let's Play Events earns you a bonus times 2 multiplier. This can be combined with a double point game or triple point game to give you a times four or times five bonus."

Good job knocking off one of your bonus games. ?

24 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

The multiplier should only be x4. 

"Lets Play Bonus. Any game that qualifies for any of the following Let's Play Events earns you a bonus times 2 multiplier. This can be combined with a double point game or triple point game to give you a times four or times five bonus."

Good job knocking off one of your bonus games. ?

It's correct.  Remember this was the error I pointed out that a lot of people were making because the way we were doing the math a double point or LP game was ending up as the same as a x1 multiplier.  It was said you take the amount with the multiplier and add to the original total.  Which is the same as adding the multiplier to 1.  If you don't add to the original amount, then x1 and x0.5 were worthless or outright subtract from what you earn, which wasn't the intention of having those multipliers.  A far simpler way to do the math is to consider that every game has a base x1 and then add your multiplier to that base.  So for double points and LP, it's 4 that is added to the base of x1 for a total of x5 to do it the simpler way.

Here, I'll show you:

100-10.17+18+10+39 comes to a total of 156.83.  If I take 156.83 and multiply that by 4 I get 627.32.  Add that to the original 156.83 to get 784.15, which is the exact same value as taking 156.83 and multiplying it by 5. It's just far simpler to take the original and multiply it by 5 than multiply by 4 and add the original again.

The only issue here is that the errors that have existed haven't been corrected yet for most of us and the scoring explanation wasn't clarified to ensure no further errors.

Edited by ladynadiad

I have Demon Gaze II completed, that nets me 100+51-29.5-5=116.5 points

And apparently, psnprofiles lists Muv-Luv Alternative as an RPG, so extra points then, 100+65-75.65-0=89.35 points

All together, I'm currently at 2048.79 points so far. @kingofbattle8174 I would to switch out one of my bonus games please, I want Star Ocean 4 switched out for Mugen Souls.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

It's correct.  Remember this was the error I pointed out that a lot of people were making because the way we were doing the math a double point or LP game was ending up as the same as a x1 multiplier.  It was said you take the amount with the multiplier and add to the original total.  Which is the same as adding the multiplier to 1.  If you don't add to the original amount, then x1 and x0.5 were worthless or outright subtract from what you earn, which wasn't the intention of having those multipliers.  A far simpler way to do the math is to consider that every game has a base x1 and then add your multiplier to that base.  So for double points and LP, it's 4 that is added to the base of x1 for a total of x5 to do it the simpler way.

Here, I'll show you:

100-10.17+18+10+39 comes to a total of 156.83.  If I take 156.83 and multiply that by 4 I get 627.32.  Add that to the original 156.83 to get 784.15, which is the exact same value as taking 156.83 and multiplying it by 5. It's just far simpler to take the original and multiply it by 5 than multiply by 4 and add the original again.

The only issue here is that the errors that have existed haven't been corrected yet for most of us and the scoring explanation wasn't clarified to ensure no further errors.

Sorry for reopening this (it was late and I was tired) rabbit hole I don't want to go down again. I'll agree to disagree right now and just leave it to @kingofbattle8174 to sort out the points.  As long as we are consistent with the points calculation for everyone (which we currently aren't), I'm fine. 

On 5/29/2019 at 3:14 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

@ladynadiad

If I remember correctly there is a difference so I will break it down using your example of Asdivine Hearts.

So a 1.0 Beast mode would adding it to itself. So 124.10 + 124.10 = 248.20. 

A double point game 124.20+ 248.20= 372.3.

Does that example clarify things? 

To everyone, I am moving my family next week and will be busy. When I get back I will look at all the scores and make sure everything is up to date and scored correctly.

@Kevvik - Here's where it was given with some examples.  However, there are also alternate ways to do the math.  Adding to itself is the same as multiplying by 2.  The reason for this is because multiplication is a shortcut for adding the same number multiple times.  Adding the original to the original x2 is the same as multiplying by 3.  So you can take the 124.20 in the example and times it by three and also get 372.30.

To be honest though, if @kingofbattle8174 doesn't get to updating the spreadsheet soon, I'm willing to go through the topic and make a new updated spreadsheet that fixes the errors and adds all the games completed since then.  The current spreadsheet still has math errors for anything with greater than a x2 multiplier and also has no new games since the beginning of May.  It's bothering me as well that we aren't being consistent and that the standings haven't been updated in so long.  While I can't fix the first post to clarify things, if needed I can get us standings that are consistent and updated.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

To be honest though, if @kingofbattle8174 doesn't get to updating the spreadsheet soon, I'm willing to go through the topic and make a new updated spreadsheet that fixes the errors and adds all the games completed since then.  The current spreadsheet still has math errors for anything with greater than a x2 multiplier and also has no new games since the beginning of May.  It's bothering me as well that we aren't being consistent and that the standings haven't been updated in so long.  While I can't fix the first post to clarify things, if needed I can get us standings that are consistent and updated.

Still no news about kingofbattle uh? ?

If you are commited to fix all this scoring mess and keep this thread going, you have my support! Ladynadiad for president!...please, make this event great again ?

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

@Kevvik - Here's where it was given with some examples.  However, there are also alternate ways to do the math.  Adding to itself is the same as multiplying by 2.  The reason for this is because multiplication is a shortcut for adding the same number multiple times.  Adding the original to the original x2 is the same as multiplying by 3.  So you can take the 124.20 in the example and times it by three and also get 372.30.

That essentially means that a double point game is really a triple point game. If that's the case, a. that's pretty insane, and b. I've been hiding my true power with my score being a lot lower than it should be.

I was actually gearing up to personally count the scores tonight after reading the thread this morning. We can make it a team effort! ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jemmie said:

That essentially means that a double point game is really a triple point game. If that's the case, a. that's pretty insane, and b. I've been hiding my true power with my score being a lot lower than it should be.

I was actually gearing up to personally count the scores tonight after reading the thread this morning. We can make it a team effort! ^_^

Kind of yes and no there.  A double point game still is adding double points, the main thing people were missing was adding to the original total since that wasn't mentioned in the scoring.  But yeah, anyone with a game that should have x2 or higher looked to be shorting themselves and it's an easy enough fix.

But yeah, probably wouldn't hurt to have more than one person checking things over.  I posted a chart with my numbers in the spoiler tag in my last post so mine is pretty much updated but I'm curious as to where I stand now and nearly everyone is going to gain points from the errors being fixed.  I don't mind a team effort since two sets of eyes are most likely to ensure nothing is missed.

Okay, going to double post for this.  I have gone ahead and checked the math and corrected any errors and also added new games.  I've made a new spreadsheet for us until kingofbattle comes back.  But this update makes the math for everyone consistent with the multipliers now.

Current standings are as follows:

Kevvik - 3528.03

Leon Castle - 3072.03

Ladynadiad - 3062.52

Fabiansc83 - 2636.98

Dragon-Archon - 2614.93

Warped Savior - 2048.63

Jemmie - 1942.90

Kingofbattle8174 - 361.53

xZoneHunter - 155.59

Sealightbreeze - 0

The updated spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DOEHfSKya-z-yUbSKrVdVPrpvj01IKcmopfKj2PQCRk/edit?usp=sharing

I added notes for each field about what multipliers applied, but may have missed some and someone can feel free to double check my math fixes.  Now there was one thing I wasn't too sure of.  @Leon Castle - what was your completion of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 before the event?  Your math was a mess on a lot of games and I was having trouble figuring out if I needed to deduct anything for your completion of that one before the event.  Your total is with no deductions on that one but that particular game was one I wasn't sure if my total was correct or not.  Also make sure I didn't miss any of your games.  Otherwise pretty much about everyone gained points from fixing math errors.

One thing I should also clear up is that Beast mode and new release don't add 0.5 or 1.0, you add that to the multiplier.  So a game with 0.5 for beast mode has its total multiplied by 1.5.  I saw a few instances of just adding 0.5 points that I also had to fix.

Most completed games goes to me with 15 completed games.  Fabiansc83 is not far behind with 14 and Kevvik is at 13.  I'm also impressed at Jemmie's score being with only 4 completed games!  The game worth the most points so far was Jemmie's completion of Megadimension Neptune VII, next highest was Kevvik's completion of Omega Quintet.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Okay, going to double post for this.  I have gone ahead and checked the math and corrected any errors and also added new games.  I've made a new spreadsheet for us until kingofbattle comes back.  But this update makes the math for everyone consistent with the multipliers now.

Current standings are as follows:

Kevvik - 3375.62

Leon Castle - 3072.03

Ladynadiad - 3062.52

Dragon-Archon - 2745.49

Fabiansc83 - 2636.98

Warped Savior - 2048.63

Jemmie - 1942.90

Kingofbattle8174 - 252.12

xZoneHunter - 155.59

Sealightbreeze - 0

The updated spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DOEHfSKya-z-yUbSKrVdVPrpvj01IKcmopfKj2PQCRk/edit?usp=sharing

I added notes for each field about what multipliers applied, but may have missed some and someone can feel free to double check my math fixes.  Now there was one thing I wasn't too sure of.  @Leon Castle - what was your completion of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 before the event?  Your math was a mess on a lot of games and I was having trouble figuring out if I needed to deduct anything for your completion of that one before the event.  Your total is with no deductions on that one but that particular game was one I wasn't sure if my total was correct or not.  Otherwise pretty much about everyone gained points from fixing math errors.

One thing I should also clear up is that Beast mode and new release don't add 0.5 or 1.0, you add that to the multiplier.  So a game with 0.5 for beast mode has its total multiplied by 1.5.  I saw a few instances of just adding 0.5 points that I also had to fix.

Most completed games goes to me with 15 completed games.  Fabiansc83 is not far behind with 14 and Kevvik is at 13.  I'm also impressed at Jemmie's score being with only 4 completed games!  The game worth the most points so far was Jemmie's completion of Megadimension Neptune VII, next highest was Kevvik's completion of Omega Quintet.

I knew I'd have less time in the beginning, so I went with a high-boosting strategy. Looks like it hasn't paid off (yet), but at least I'll be in the 2000s by next week.

I've only counted a few people so far, and the only thing I disagree with is that Dragon shouldn't have the new release bonus for KH III. Other than that, I don't see any glaring discrepancies so far.

Just now, jemmie said:

I knew I'd have less time in the beginning, so I went with a high-boosting strategy. Looks like it hasn't paid off (yet), but at least I'll be in the 2000s by next week.

I've only counted a few people so far, and the only thing I disagree with is that Dragon shouldn't have the new release bonus for KH III. Other than that, I don't see any glaring discrepancies so far.

That was something that was agreed to by Kingofbattle to allow the game to have a new release multiplier because it would have been finished in time other than Dragon-Archon wanting it as a milestone. It's not my call to negate that ruling.

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

That was something that was agreed to by Kingofbattle to allow the game to have a new release multiplier because it would have been finished in time other than Dragon-Archon wanting it as a milestone. It's not my call to negate that ruling.

Right, I forgot about that. All good then.

On April 13, 2019 at 11:40 PM, Kevvik said:

Finished the platinum for Mary Skelter: Nightmares

100 + 70 (36+14+20) - 17.59 = 152.41 points

Not sure what I'm going to work on next. Probably try to get back to Omega Quintet and Skyrim DLC while trying to clean up some older titles.

For the new table, you missed this one for me.

Thanks for all the work on the scoresheet. ?

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

For the new table, you missed this one for me.

Thanks for all the work on the scoresheet. ?

Thanks!  Got it added and saw I also missed one below it.  No changes to standings though, that just puts you further in the lead.  I did fix the scores in my earlier post. 

@Dragon-Archon @fabiansc83 @Warpedsavior - you guys also should check to make sure I didn't miss any completions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Thanks!  Got it added and saw I also missed one below it.  No changes to standings though, that just puts you further in the lead.  I did fix the scores in my earlier post. 

@Dragon-Archon @fabiansc83 @Warpedsavior - you guys also should check to make sure I didn't miss any completions.

Question: How did you calculate my score for KH3?

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not worried, it's not likely I can sustain the pace so I'll enjoy being in the lead while I can.  ✌️?✌

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

you guys also should check to make sure I didn't miss any completions.

Actually, i completed Conan Exiles during this event, but that piece of crap doesn't even worth the points, so i think it's all ok. ? Just a little more to complete my last double points game, but i can barely play lately due to the bad weather conditions in my city ⛈️⛈️⛈️

Kevvik is killing it!

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

what was your completion of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 before the event?

I had 5 bronze trophies before the event started so I think it was around or under 19%, bronze trophies don't add that much to the percent.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Question: How did you calculate my score for KH3?

I saw you provided this for it: (100 + 64 - 20.50) * (2 + 0.5 + 2) = 645.75 points.  

So from that I got that your original amount was 143.50.  The 645.75 you got should be added to that getting a total of 789.25.  A similar correction was done for all your KH games since everything with a x2 multiplier and above was affected by the error that was found in how we were calculating those.

9 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I had 5 bronze trophies before the event started so I think it was around or under 19%, bronze trophies don't add that much to the percent.

Yeah, they don't, I just was having a hard time figuring out how many trophies were even earned because every time I went through them I kept missing something or losing track.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I saw you provided this for it: (100 + 64 - 20.50) * (2 + 0.5 + 2) = 645.75 points.  

So from that I got that your original amount was 143.50.  The 645.75 you got should be added to that getting a total of 789.25.  A similar correction was done for all your KH games since everything with a x2 multiplier and above was affected by the error that was found in how we were calculating those.

Ah ok, it looks like I made an error: it should be (100 + 70 - 20.50) * 5.50 :facepalm: .

I have a different score for DDD too, it's much lower than the one you calculated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b6-yQ6GkMDss522oY__s8Ybzrk0EvefKN_HTD4ctBEg/edit?usp=sharing

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, it looks like I made an error: it should be (100 + 70 - 20.50) * 5.50 :facepalm: .

I have a different score for DDD too, it's much lower than the one you calculated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b6-yQ6GkMDss522oY__s8Ybzrk0EvefKN_HTD4ctBEg/edit?usp=sharing

Okay, fixed that.  I probably typoed somewhere when entering that.  Also noticed we were different on Nights of Azure, but that I think was due to how you posted it.  The rarity in your spreadsheet and in your post were different.  Since I had no way of confirming rarities of old stuff I was trusting what was on the post but have corrected it to match the one in the spreadsheet.

That does change the standings a bit with the corrections and Fabiansc83 moves a bit ahead, but it's definitely not insurmountable.

Honestly, it's still a pretty tight race, especially with no one having finished all their bonus titles yet.  The lead could easily change with someone finishing a bonus title since no one has finished all of theirs yet and many of us still have our triples unfinished. 

4 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

So i finished my last bonus game, so, let's see:

:platinum: Tales of Berseria

100+70-6.96=163.04 x1.5 (Beast Mode Bonus) x3 (Double Point game)= 733.68 Points 

Total points so far: 3370.66 @ladynadiad is that right?

Unless I was missing some stuff you should be multiplying 163.04 by 3.5.  Every game starts with a base of 1.0.  You add 0.5 to that for beast mode to get 1.5, then add 2 for the double points for a total of 3.5 and multiply the 163.04 by it.  The total I got was 570.64 and a total points so far of 3207.62.

Or if it's easier for you, what you were doing before was fine and just needed to have the original added to it.  Both get the same value in the end.

Edited by ladynadiad

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Unless I was missing some stuff you should be multiplying 163.04 by 3.5.  Every game starts with a base of 1.0.  You add 0.5 to that for beast mode to get 1.5, then add 2 for the double points for a total of 3.5 and multiply the 163.04 by it.  The total I got was 570.64 and a total points so far of 3207.62.

Or if it's easier for you, what you were doing before was fine and just needed to have the original added to it.  Both get the same value in the end.

Oh! ok ?