CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, I feel the same about HDN VII and VIIR. I must say I'm surprised we're even having this discussion, since I've seen people mention something about not wanting to change things after the contest started.

Actually, if we were truly going to not change anything, both the games would count.  There were no rules set up limiting beast mode or playing multiple stacks, but it also wasn't something we considered back then since we didn't realize that stuff like Steins;Gate was marked as an RPG.  I'm seeing this more as a clarification to prevent potential abuse rather than an outright new rule.

5 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Question if it turns out that Code Vein is part of the God Eater series, do I get the Beast Mode Bonus? The reason I ask is due to a Aragami showing up near endgame or after final boss (not there yet)

Yes, you would, but it would definitely take more than the presence of an Aragami to call them a series.  If that was enough, I technically would be able to call nearly every Kemco/EXE-Create game a series because of the presence of Maidame Curie and her sisters.

10 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually, if we were truly going to not change anything, both the games would count.  There were no rules set up limiting beast mode or playing multiple stacks, but it also wasn't something we considered back then since we didn't realize that stuff like Steins;Gate was marked as an RPG.  I'm seeing this more as a clarification to prevent potential abuse rather than an outright new rule.

Huh? I realized. I thought we were just trying to keep the rules simple (for better or worse). I don't think anyone's trying to abuse the rules. This is just a problem of the rules being too loose, leaving them up for interpretation (similar to the problem we had where everyone had a different perception of how bonuses worked).

Just now, jemmie said:

Huh? I realized. I thought we were just trying to keep the rules simple (for better or worse). I don't think anyone's trying to abuse the rules. This is just a problem of the rules being too loose, leaving them up for interpretation (similar to the problem we had where everyone had a different perception of how bonuses worked).

Well, the idea of multiple stacks potentially counting has a huge room for potential abuse when you have games like Steins;Gate that are marked as RPGs.  I know most of you guys seem the type to play multiple stacks more out of love for the game rather than just for more plats, but I'd rather we clarified and agreed to something about stacks along with the remaster/port/remake issue before someone spends the time playing a possibly lengthy game that may not count.

14 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, the idea of multiple stacks potentially counting has a huge room for potential abuse when you have games like Steins;Gate that are marked as RPGs.  I know most of you guys seem the type to play multiple stacks more out of love for the game rather than just for more plats, but I'd rather we clarified and agreed to something about stacks along with the remaster/port/remake issue before someone spends the time playing a possibly lengthy game that may not count.

Has anyone even tried to pass off a stack for points yet? As far as I'm concerned, a stack is a game with the exact same trophy list as the original. Remasters are recognized as separate games in most other events, so why not here? I don't even care about winning this event, but I do find it a little irritating that some of us are going out of our way to try to deduct points over something silly like a game being "too similar." Let's just call a truce and try to have fun. ^_^

19 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yes, you would, but it would definitely take more than the presence of an Aragami to call them a series.  If that was enough, I technically would be able to call nearly every Kemco/EXE-Create game a series because of the presence of Maidame Curie and her sisters.

Code Vein is confimed to be a God Eater game or so a guy on reddit says

I remember reading somewhere that the developers of Code Vein and God Eater 3 confirmed Code Vein to be part of God Eater Series (can't find where I read that though) and can't find the source where that guy found out "Code Vein is a God Eater game"

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Code Vein is confimed to be a God Eater game or so a guy on reddit says

I remember reading somewhere that the developers of Code Vein and God Eater 3 confirmed Code Vein to be part of God Eater Series (can't find where I read that though) and can't find the source where that guy found out "Code Vein is a God Eater game"

Finding that source would be great because it just looks like theorizing and speculation from fans, which can be fun in and of itself.  But I've also seen cases where the fans became convinced games were related only for the word of god to later say nope, they aren't.

1 hour ago, Warpedsavior said:

Another game complete, it's 永远消失的幻想乡, it doesn't have anything listed for genre on this site but Steam lists it as an RPG.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/776490/__The_Disappearing_of_Gensokyo/

The points it should give is 100+67-10.47-0=156.53 points

Is it okay for everyone's sanity that I just list it as The Disappearing of Gensokyo for the spreadsheet?  Or would you prefer I romanize the Japanese to something more like Eien Shoushitsu no Gensokyo?  When Dragon-Archon and I created the spreadsheet we agreed that Japanese titles would either be romanized or translated rather than using the Japanese characters.  For Trails I ran with translated for ones with an official English title, romanized for ones that don't.

Also, why are you putting 10.47 for the rarity?  I'm looking at the page and it's currently 9.30% for the plat and you got it today, which makes the total 157.70.

Now one thing I do want to note for future reference.  If we're going to count Steam as a reliable site to call it an RPG, it can't be user defined tags only that count it.  There are tons of incorrect user defined tags out there on Steam.  One game I play has every DLC marked as "sports" even if there is nothing to do with sports in the DLC itself, which annoys me to no end.  It has to be a dev/publisher defined tag, which is a bit further down on the store page (and this game does have that so there isn't an issue).  It is preferred to when possible use sites like GameFAQs or other trophy tracking sites that do have a staff that checks user provided content for accuracy.  This is just more a heads up since I know not everyone on this site is familiar with Steam's quirks.

Edited by ladynadiad

30 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Is it okay for everyone's sanity that I just list it as The Disappearing of Gensokyo for the spreadsheet?  Or would you prefer I romanize the Japanese to something more like Eien Shoushitsu no Gensokyo?  When Dragon-Archon and I created the spreadsheet we agreed that Japanese titles would either be romanized or translated rather than using the Japanese characters.  For Trails I ran with translated for ones with an official English title, romanized for ones that don't.

Also, why are you putting 10.47 for the rarity?  I'm looking at the page and it's currently 9.30% for the plat and you got it today, which makes the total 157.70.

Now one thing I do want to note for future reference.  If we're going to count Steam as a reliable site to call it an RPG, it can't be user defined tags only that count it.  There are tons of incorrect user defined tags out there on Steam.  One game I play has every DLC marked as "sports" even if there is nothing to do with sports in the DLC itself, which annoys me to no end.  It has to be a dev/publisher defined tag, which is a bit further down on the store page (and this game does have that so there isn't an issue).  It is preferred to when possible use sites like GameFAQs or other trophy tracking sites that do have a staff that checks user provided content for accuracy.  This is just more a heads up since I know not everyone on this site is familiar with Steam's quirks.

I'm fine with the translated name. I put 10.47 since the rarity itself didn't update yet, 9.3% being the rarity for 8 achievers when I'm the 9th achiever. It’s not really a big deal, I just prefer using the rarity from after I got the platinum, not the rarity before. And I made sure to check that it was the dev/publisher defined tag but yeah, I agree that the user-defined tags are not reliable.

Edited by Warpedsavior

5 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

I'm fine with the translated name. I put 10.47 since the rarity itself didn't update yet, 9.3% being the rarity for 8 achievers when I'm the 9th achiever. It’s not really a big deal, I just prefer using the rarity from after I got the platinum, not the rarity before. And I made sure to check that it was the dev/publisher defined tag but yeah, I agree that the user-defined tags are not reliable.

Everyone else has been going with the rarity at the time of completion, which has been fine since it's consistent and some folks here are terrible at math.  It's a small difference so I was a bit curious. 

And yeah, Steam is seriously awful about user defined tags and I know a lot of people here don't game on PC and know how much of a steaming pile of rubbish Steam can be at times about some features.  User defined tags can be great because they do add the potential to search or exclude things that aren't genre related or allow for adding of genres besides the most common ones like Visual Novel, Time Management, Metroidvania, Roguelike, etc.  It just sucks when an inaccurate tag pops up in there.

On 6-10-2019 at 10:39 PM, ladynadiad said:

Ah ok, I thought multiple stacks didn't count for points from the start.

On 6-10-2019 at 11:42 PM, jemmie said:

I don't even care about winning this event, but I do find it a little irritating that some of us are going out of our way to try to deduct points over something silly like a game being "too similar." Let's just call a truce and try to have fun. ^_^

I find it irritating that people try to come up with anything just to squeeze out more points.

Also, if you really don't care about winning, it makes me wonder why you're pushing so hard over "something silly" to make FFF and FFF:ADF both eligible for points and beast mode.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I find it irritating that people try to come up with anything just to squeeze out more points.

Also, if you really don't care about winning, it makes me wonder why you're pushing so hard over "something silly" to make FFF and FFF:ADF both eligible for points and beast mode.

I don't care about winning. It's the principal of the matter that's important. I don't think I've made any reaches so far. I only asked to get the points I deserve. I'm sure most people in my position would do the same.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:08 PM, ladynadiad said:

Finding that source would be great because it just looks like theorizing and speculation from fans, which can be fun in and of itself.  But I've also seen cases where the fans became convinced games were related only for the word of god to later say nope, they aren't.

Their "source" seem to be what happens near the end of the game besides the "Horror" (Aragami).

• The sounds made by "Horrors" in characters of Code Vein's memories is the same as the Aragami make
  • A Dyaus Pita shows his old face to devour the revenants close to where the "Red Mist" was and dies then the "Red Mist" reappears
  • The Bad Guy reveals that the world outside the "Red Mist" is overrun by the "Horrors" (Aragami) and his plan to use the "Horrors" (Aragami) to make something akin to a Revenant-God Eater hybrids

There was items(Both Base and DLC) from God Eater series but those never reveal if the game is part of that series or in the same universe as they are most of the time references.

To me, Code Vein take place in own world within God Eater Universe and during the time of or before GE1 based on the moon being normal.

At least I can get the New Game Bonus if I can beat Blade Bearer and Cannoneer 2 more times and the "Medal of Honor" online grind don't take too long.

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Their "source" seem to be what happens near the end of the game besides the "Horror" (Aragami).

• The sounds made by "Horrors" in characters of Code Vein's memories is the same as the Aragami make
  • A Dyaus Pita shows his old face to devour the revenants close to where the "Red Mist" was and dies then the "Red Mist" reappears
  • The Bad Guy reveals that the world outside the "Red Mist" is overrun by the "Horrors" (Aragami) and his plan to use the "Horrors" (Aragami) to make something akin to a Revenant-God Eater hybrids

There was items(Both Base and DLC) from God Eater series but those never reveal if the game is part of that series or in the same universe as they are most of the time references.

To me, Code Vein take place in own world within God Eater Universe and during the time of or before GE1 based on the moon being normal.

At least I can get the New Game Bonus if I can beat Blade Bearer and Cannoneer 2 more times and the "Medal of Honor" online grind don't take too long.

Now others can feel free to weigh in here as well regarding their views of this as a series.  Most often games try to be a bit more clear about being an actual series even if the games aren't actually related.  For example, we have the Final Fantasy and Tales of series where many of the games take place in different worlds and the main element tying them together is similar gameplay mechanics.  But those games clearly mark themselves as series by using something fans can recognize.  The only examples I can think of with a series where a game has a different name is with a first game of a series, not a later game.

Now I will say that if we do later get more clear evidence linking the games before this event is over, we can always update, so don't think you need to have something before you get the plat.  But for now I'm going to say we got two options here.  We can treat this like other games that aren't clearly marked as an RPG and two people can chime in saying they agree it's a series and should get beast mode based on what you've said here or their own personal knowledge.  Or we can also treat it like unmarked genre games and a reputable site with information that this is a series works too.

19 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Now others can feel free to weigh in here as well regarding their views of this as a series.  Most often games try to be a bit more clear about being an actual series even if the games aren't actually related.  For example, we have the Final Fantasy and Tales of series where many of the games take place in different worlds and the main element tying them together is similar gameplay mechanics.  But those games clearly mark themselves as series by using something fans can recognize.  The only examples I can think of with a series where a game has a different name is with a first game of a series, not a later game.

Now I will say that if we do later get more clear evidence linking the games before this event is over, we can always update, so don't think you need to have something before you get the plat.  But for now I'm going to say we got two options here.  We can treat this like other games that aren't clearly marked as an RPG and two people can chime in saying they agree it's a series and should get beast mode based on what you've said here or their own personal knowledge.  Or we can also treat it like unmarked genre games and a reputable site with information that this is a series works too.

I don't know if this is what call it but then I got to the True Final Boss on my 2rd run, Code Vein had the same... "plot device" as God Eater. Like God Eater, The Protagonist is mute until the Final Boss and then say Important words with the voice chosen for the Protagonist (Both original Japanese and English Dub). still don't know any other RPG that uses "create your own character" and have them only talk at certain times with a voice of your own chose.

If the DLC or other things gives more clear evidence linking Code Vein with God Eater, then I post it.

Just finished up a new game with a shiny new Monochrome Order plat.  It just came out a few days ago so it qualifies for the new release bonus.  It ended up being a total of 189.81.  No change to rankings, I'm just edging a bit closer to Kevvik's current lead.

It was about 30 hours for the plat and overall pretty fun.  The optional bosses actually were a pretty good challenge that required me to think up a solid strategy for the last one rather than just grind.  I also really liked the system they had of judgments and the multiple endings and story routes determined by your choices.  The story routes were actually pretty well done with a good balance of being pretty easy to see how to get the various endings while having a good amount of difference between the routes and most of them brought some new plot element and world building to the table.  By the time I finished all the endings up, I felt pretty satisfied with the resolution and didn't feel like there was anything left undone regarding the plot.  I had fun with it and feel my money was well spent in getting this one.

• Like 3

While I get the last 200 medals in Code Vein, Here's evidence linking Code Vein to God Eater for now

• The sounds made by "Horrors" in Code Vein's characters's memories is the same as the Aragami make
  • The Revenants was at first made to fight the "Horrors" (Aragami) before they found out the drawbacks about using Revenants which lead to the Game's events (Got that info from 1st Gen Revenants info on the loading screen)
  • Kota(God Eater)'s favorite anime "Bugarally" exists in Code Vein as there's at least present items and Yakumo(Code Vein) likes items related to "Bugarally"
  • One of the main characters of Code Vein have the same last name as one of the main characters of God Eater 1 (Louis from Code Vein may just share the last name of Lindow from God Eater or they are somehow related)

Would be evidence if God Eater 4 gets made and has Revenants or/and God Eater-Revenants hybrids (unless God Eater 2 is already related with the "Blood")

Spoiler

In the True Ending, The Main Protag and his/her gang of friends leave "World of Vein" to enter the "World outside the Red Mist" aka God Eater

3Ld1771a.png

Would be... "mark of same series" or just plot devise (The Main Protag only says a line or two with the voice chosen in the story at the end of it)

Spoiler

Code Vein

56c83d8e82147229e90eaddfd2ecb5ce15710863

f94e2c17e6c6e50dbd6f0b7f5f82b7cf15710863

God Eater

f920ffcd1de489c98774a1876538356b15710863

Edited by Leon Castle

Now my journey as a Revenant is over... for now. I leave the math to the bot.

d69d6c648a182a34c37cd5d32aff382115714199

Had to wait a year for it to be released and for me at least it was worth the wait. While I have never played a Souls-like RPG and never will unless it's a Code Vein sequel. I loved the game and I'm definitely going to come back to it then the DLC comes out(I hope it's story and maybe Aragami/Horror boss fights). My favorite scene from the game and only scene I saw 3 times (The other 2 times had Successor of the Ribcage in the background)

Favorite ost: "Requiem -Peace & Light-" and "Tears of Passion -Unexpected Feelings-".

Waifu and Platinum screenshot

Spoiler

7569d8129c6befe1d588a793f651976615714239

Info for the math bot

It's My Triple point game. New Game Bonus. The rarity right now is 9.55%.

Now with all my double point games and triple point game over. I'm going to plat SAO HF PS4 and LS before taking a little RPG with Date A Live VN and then do Mary Skelter 2(on both PS4 and Nintendo Switch at the same time)

• Like 2

Now my unfinished business in SAO and ALO is over... while not much I leave the math to the bot.

SAO Re: Hollow Fragment

3c7f8587769bfa8f8bc96441f895788a15347116

First I got it for PS Vita and did not know anything about SAO at time and did not play the PS Vita version that much at the time. Then the PS4 version came out along with Lost Song, did not play it that much at that time. but Summer last year I returned to it and had fun with it and just then I was done killing 100 HNM-class monsters, I lost the save file(found out this game has times then it won't load your save data and try to make you start a new game) and did not return to it before the time I started watching SAO S3 and Index S3. Well for the game, it take place after the first half of SAO S1 or Vol. 1-2 of the light novels (in other words Aincrad Arc) with instead of clearing the game like the Anime/Light Novel, A bug happens that make Kirito and other players have to clear the rest of the floors(floor 76 to 100) and Leafa and Sinon being in SAO.

Spoiler

6a5e26f3b3bead683ecedba1d7835a5815721394

SAO: Lost Song

7ea647d421a7cb751c956e599ab2c12415716916

Sequel to Hollow Fragment and is the "ALO" game in SAO Gameverse (since there's a 2nd ALO based game, there might be a 3rd in the future with Neko Alice).

With this being the 2rd game in SAO Gameverse, it at least is not re-using the Anime's OP (like Hollow Fragment PS4 did which was nice) and use it's own OP in the "Duel with Rain" and "Lost Song Boss Fight". Favorite ost/OP: Cynthia No Hikari

Spoiler

a8affbe5662e872662bfec854db1e9bc15721394

Info for the math bot.

SAO Re: Hollow Fragment: Besides plat, the only trophies earned in 2019 was 2 Silver and 1 Bronze. The progress was arornd 80 or was it under?. it's 1.59% rarity

SAO: Lost Song: Besides plat, the only trophies earned in 2019 was 7 Silver. The progress was 78%. it's 13.43% rarity. Also Beast Mode(.50).

Before I do the 2nd ALO based SAO game aka SAO x Accel World, I'm going do 2 VNs: Date A Live and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

• Like 1

@Leon Castle - Got them entered, but in the future it helps a lot if you link the trophy page since I have to know the total number of trophies and how many of each type there are to input the data for the spreadsheet to calculate and linking your trophy page makes it easy to confirm total and how many were earned before the event.  Including your rarity in the post is mostly to ensure I get the right rate in case I miss adding the game since rarities can change daily.

Anyway, that puts you into 2nd place, with a small lead. The fight for the the first three places still continues to be strong.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

@Leon Castle - Got them entered, but in the future it helps a lot if you link the trophy page since I have to know the total number of trophies and how many of each type there are to input the data for the spreadsheet to calculate and linking your trophy page makes it easy to confirm total and how many were earned before the event.  Including your rarity in the post is mostly to ensure I get the right rate in case I miss adding the game since rarities can change daily.

"Make sure to link the trophy page" Ok, I remember that.