CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

24 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

That is a good game to start off with. It is on my to do list as well. 

While my kids have picked up a few titles at launch, I rarely ever do.  A few indies here and there but in over 3 years with a PS4 this was the first big game I have bought at launch and paid full price for. I started it last fall but a few factors ended up having it put on the backburner but once I started it back up again in the new year, I knew it was going to get played until completion.  The story is fantastic and the Dragon Quest series is still, IMO, the top of the RPG mountain when it comes to great story, engaging characters and consistency of quality. 

Really hoping for for a western localization of I-III and am still confused why VIII has been rereleased on every platform EXCEPT Sony.  This just baffles me. I've got the Heroes games waiting to play and will likely get back to Builders later this spring. 

In the mean time, I've started Skyrim. Played it back on 360 when it first came out but never finished it as my 360 got trashed during a move. Been meaning to get around to this on PS3 for years and now I've finally begun again. Still looks great and have dodged the bugs so far. We'll see how long that lasts.

Edited by Kevvik

And how is everyone this fair evening, well it is evening here. I again find myself doing a long shift. But it provides me the opportunity to perhaps to complete to get closer to in my next game. I rather enjoy the retro nature of Cosmic Star Heroine. It reminds me of an old 80s cartoon like Silver Hawks. Six chapters in now and doing good. May everyone's night be full of progress.

10 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

And how is everyone this fair evening, well it is evening here. I again find myself doing a long shift. But it provides me the opportunity to perhaps to complete to get closer to in my next game. I rather enjoy the retro nature of Cosmic Star Heroine. It reminds me of an old 80s cartoon like Silver Hawks. Six chapters in now and doing good. May everyone's night be full of progress.

Things have been very busy at work since last week, so when I get home I'm tired. Lots of guides have been submitted for review all of a sudden, which takes up time too. But I still try to enjoy KH3 and write the guide for it. I've reached the 4th world in the game and like how vibrant it looks. The worlds are much bigger, but the mini-map can't be enlarged, which is a pain sometimes when reaching very large open areas.

I've been playing some Sorcery saga for the most part. It's a pretty cute game, and i haven't really played that many games in its genre. It heavily reminds me of Pokemon Mystery dungeon which is a great series. Anyway, i got kind of annoyed last night since sometimes in dungeon you'll encounter a shop keeper with various items for sale. These items are laid out in front of the shopkeeper and pickup/bought by pressing the attack button. Now i have a weapon which damages anything up to 3 squares in front of me so when i tried to buy an item i accidentally attacked the shopkeeper. And in most of these games the shopkeers are pretty OP, so i got annihilated. Kind of a bummer since i was almost at the end of the dungeon i was in...

Other than that it's an enjoyable game for now.

I've also been playing Divinity 2 in co-op, but that's going pretty slow. We've spent about 20ish hours and are only in act II. There's just so much to do and so much room to adjust your chracter with various skills and builds. It's not perfect (long loading screens) but it's a pretty amazing tactical RPG.

I've also been playing World of final fantasy, which i am almost at the end of the story at. But it's been a bit on the back burner the last weeks.

11 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I'm making good progress in both my Ys games.  I'm on chapter 3 of my nightmare run in Lacrimosa of Dana and in Ys Origin I'm up to Silent Sands for my Yunica Nightmare run and up to the Guilty Fire in my Toal run. Definitely getting closer to those plats. Only one more annoying boss left on Toal's route and there's one tricky part in Silent Sands for Yunica and once I'm past that the rest is pretty much a breeze as long as I'm careful and watch HP.  Lacrimosa of Dana on nightmare is a joke with carrying over levels from my easy run.  All my characters are at level 90+ and way over what they were when I did nightmare on the Vita version.

14 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I've been playing some Sorcery saga for the most part. It's a pretty cute game, and i haven't really played that many games in its genre. It heavily reminds me of Pokemon Mystery dungeon which is a great series. Anyway, i got kind of annoyed last night since sometimes in dungeon you'll encounter a shop keeper with various items for sale. These items are laid out in front of the shopkeeper and pickup/bought by pressing the attack button. Now i have a weapon which damages anything up to 3 squares in front of me so when i tried to buy an item i accidentally attacked the shopkeeper. And in most of these games the shopkeers are pretty OP, so i got annihilated. Kind of a bummer since i was almost at the end of the dungeon i was in...

I wish you luck with that because Sorcery Saga is an incredibly tedious and grindy plat.  By the way, do you know how to do the infinite gold trick with shopkeepers yet?  There is a particular weapon that sells for more than you would buy it for, but only with dungeon shopkeepers.  Bring one with you in a dungeon and you can spend some time just selling and buying it back and rack up a ton of gold to make upgrading your weapons easier.  Also make sure to swap weapons once it's transformed as much as it can and save yourself some grinding.  You can fuse a regular one with your good +whatever sword and shield to keep the levels intact.  Just be careful with the fragile ones (there's a scroll you can use on those to prevent them from breaking too).  If you need tips just ask since I got the plat, I'd just have to look up the names of stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I wish you luck with that because Sorcery Saga is an incredibly tedious and grindy plat.  By the way, do you know how to do the infinite gold trick with shopkeepers yet?  There is a particular weapon that sells for more than you would buy it for, but only with dungeon shopkeepers.  Bring one with you in a dungeon and you can spend some time just selling and buying it back and rack up a ton of gold to make upgrading your weapons easier.  Also make sure to swap weapons once it's transformed as much as it can and save yourself some grinding.  You can fuse a regular one with your good +whatever sword and shield to keep the levels intact.  Just be careful with the fragile ones (there's a scroll you can use on those to prevent them from breaking too).  If you need tips just ask since I got the plat, I'd just have to look up the names of stuff.

Thanks. I have read about that trick but i haven't been able to utilize it yet. At the moment i still have enough money by just selling materials to upgrade equipment. I have also read that the plat grind is quite tedious, so we'll see how that goes when i get there. ?

Edited by xZoneHunter

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm making good progress in both my Ys games.  I'm on chapter 3 of my nightmare run in Lacrimosa of Dana and in Ys Origin I'm up to Silent Sands for my Yunica Nightmare run and up to the Guilty Fire in my Toal run. Definitely getting closer to those plats. Only one more annoying boss left on Toal's route and there's one tricky part in Silent Sands for Yunica and once I'm past that the rest is pretty much a breeze as long as I'm careful and watch HP.  Lacrimosa of Dana on nightmare is a joke with carrying over levels from my easy run.  All my characters are at level 90+ and way over what they were when I did nightmare on the Vita version.

Nice, have fun with Ys. The PS4 version of Ys VIII is even easier on Nightmare due to the new styles. That made the solo boss against that ice primordial a joke. It was by far the hardest part of Nightmare on the Vita version.

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, have fun with Ys. The PS4 version of Ys VIII is even easier on Nightmare due to the new styles. That made the solo boss against that ice primordial a joke. It was by far the hardest part of Nightmare on the Vita version.

Yeah, it was actually tricky on the Vita and my levels were a ton lower.  About the only thing that seems like it might be hard is finishing all the Eternia quests since the last one requires completing most of the sanctuary dungeon and that was a pain in the butt.  Also all the optional content is making things a joke because my levels are so high now and I had plenty of leftover materials to get all the weapon upgrades again right away (especially once I got Dina again, I have loads of Essence Stones I can trade down for tectite and iron ore as needed).  My party has the best armor and nothing can seem to do more than 100 damage.  The only bad thing is if someone gets hit with a nasty status effect like bleed or burn, but I made sure one person has the Earth Orb so I'm set.

The only thing so far that's been hard was that very first raid before I could fortify the village.  The monsters were taking out the lures in a single hit and then going for the barricade and taking that out in two hits.    It took me a couple of tries to keep them away from the barricade.  Now that I'm nearly fully fortified I'm all set for raids.

10 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, it was actually tricky on the Vita and my levels were a ton lower.  About the only thing that seems like it might be hard is finishing all the Eternia quests since the last one requires completing most of the sanctuary dungeon and that was a pain in the butt.  Also all the optional content is making things a joke because my levels are so high now and I had plenty of leftover materials to get all the weapon upgrades again right away (especially once I got Dina again, I have loads of Essence Stones I can trade down for tectite and iron ore as needed).  My party has the best armor and nothing can seem to do more than 100 damage.  The only bad thing is if someone gets hit with a nasty status effect like bleed or burn, but I made sure one person has the Earth Orb so I'm set.

The only thing so far that's been hard was that very first raid before I could fortify the village.  The monsters were taking out the lures in a single hit and then going for the barricade and taking that out in two hits.    It took me a couple of tries to keep them away from the barricade.  Now that I'm nearly fully fortified I'm all set for raids.

Yep, the character's level was also fixed on the Vita for that part, but I hear it's possible to level up on the PS4 for those sections. That helps a lot too. Status ailments are definitely a lot worse on Nightmare. I went for a second Earth Orb :lol: . Didn't bother upgrading weapons until that story-related upgrade during chapter 3. 

When starting Nightmare Raids, I realised how much I had relied on the gong and its break effect. Luckily, I imported a ton of materials from the previous playthrough and could max out everything.

Alright my work is finally almost at an end.  Sounds like alot of good progress was made. I am almost to the side quests and alrernate bosses. I know not a long grind right now but the sooner this game is done the sooner I can go back to Summon Night as my next game. 

On another note, my wife started her first ever kingdom hearts game the other day. Im so proud. It is hard trying to give advise over the phone while at work. She was doing ok until she hit the Wonderland boss. Then I hear hey where did the table and chair go? Ahh priceless. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

On another note, my wife started her first ever kingdom hearts game the other day. Im so proud. It is hard trying to give advise over the phone while at work. She was doing ok until she hit the Wonderland boss. Then I hear hey where did the table and chair go? Ahh priceless. 

That's great :D . She should go to Olympus to pick up Thunder, then use that to destroy the boss. Much easier that way.

• Like 1

Started my 2rd Playthrough yesterday on Tales of Hearts R, due to being part of the PS Vita event, I save the Unbreakable Bonds Trophies for the Pop date, only need to get the bond between Kunzite and Gall. plan to switch to Manic difficulty then I face the final boss which won't be long at the rate I'm going.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, ladynadiad said:

Some of the mechanics in this game are seriously retarded. An enemy knocked off my shield on the floor, and because kuu had the "SO HUNGRY" ability - he ate my shield before i could pick it up again. So dumb.

Anyway i finished the game the other yesterday so i'm starting to farm equipment now. Looking at the method of how to do it, i agree it seems very tedious lol I finished upgrading two weapons and one shield so far. Long way to go.

Edited by xZoneHunter

3 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Some of the mechanics in this game are seriously retarded. An enemy knocked off my shield on the floor, and because kuu had the "SO HUNGRY" ability - he ate my shield before i could pick it up again. So dumb.

Anyway i finished the game the other yesterday so i'm starting to farm equipment now. Looking at the method of how to do it, i agree it seems very tedious lol I finished upgrading two weapons and one shield so far. Long way to go.

There is actually a scroll that can prevent that from happening and also prevents the fragile items from breaking.  I don't recall the name offhand but it's the scroll that names an item I think?  Not the assay one that identifies an item, it's one that marks the item as belonging to you.  Then it can't be stolen, broken, etc.  You should always stick that one on a new piece of equipment you craft.

And I agree that the game has some very annoying features.  I honestly loathed the game by the end and the plat came only from my sheer determination to not let the game defeat me.

Next game is complete:

1L929823.png

100 Base+ 67 trophies- 29.13 rarity- 0 completion= 137.87 points

A really fun retro style game. Some of the side quests were quite interesting, like a zombie filled police station, and a boss fight against Cthulhu.

So what is up next? well hmm on Vita I am going back to Summon Night 6. On PS4 I am still working on Onrush. Once I get through that I am going for Lost Sphear. I have had it on my backlog for sometime. I am going to take a big hit on points since it is already 50% complete and has a higher rarity. It is another retro style rpg though that feels similar to Lunar.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

Wow I made really good progress in Summon Night 6. Managed to get through a bunch of chapters just a little bit more before the first playthrough is complete. I just hope with the ending comes some clarity of sort. I know there are MULTIPLE endings possible but I just need some reason why this all took place. 15 chapters in and it still feels like , “Jinkies Scooby this is such a mystery”.  And the one person who should know something just says it is not time for it to be revealed yet. 

The plot revolves around the entire multiverse of a series that has never before been in the U. S.  A world where things fall from the sky for no apparant reason and so do all almost 40 of our heroes. All from differant time lines, and alternate realities makes for some mass confusion for them and somewhat for us as for the why.  

This is a long game, I am almost 24 hours in and still need lots of grinding to try to finish off some trophies before starting my second playthrough. I saw that a person somehow completed this game in six days and I was not sure how. Then I noticed it has a skip option so like a VN so I guess that will help with the later playthroughs to get back to the later chapters faster.

I'm making good progress with KH3. The guide's coming along nicely too. If everything goes well, it should be finished this week :dance: .

I'm thinking about making KH3 trophy #200, but I need two more plats for that. @kingofbattle8174 if I purposely keep 1 easy trophy unpopped and finish the rest of the trophies within a month after the release, will it count for the New Game Bonus?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm making good progress with KH3. The guide's coming along nicely too. If everything goes well, it should be finished this week :dance: .

I'm thinking about making KH3 trophy #200, but I need two more plats for that. @kingofbattle8174 if I purposely keep 1 easy trophy unpopped and finish the rest of the trophies within a month after the release, will it count for the New Game Bonus?

I don't have any issue with it. What are your filler games going to be? oh and congrats on the upcoming milestone.

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I don't have any issue with it. What are your filler games going to be? oh and congrats on the upcoming milestone.

Awesome, thanks :D . One of those is going to be KH Dream Drop Distance. Going to do everything again and hope the trophy doesn't glitch on me this time. Don't have anything in mind for the second game yet.

• Like 2

So I'm just sitting here grumbling at the fact that I have a shiny new plat, but I can't update on here.  Got the plat for Revenant Saga and I'll post the score once the site lets me update so I know what the rarity is with me included.  Also should be getting the plats for Ys Origin and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana soon since I'm wrapping up the last playthrough on Ys Origin and then some more arena mode grinding and grinding to level 60 is all that is left and then once I get that plat I'll finish Lacrimosa of Dana since it's worth more points and would get an additional bonus for being the second in a series.

Going to also work on Revenant Saga's sequel, Revenant Dogma.  Mary Skelter Nightmares is annoying me, so I'm on a Kemco RPG kick since I need something to play during breaks at work and Kemco games are good easy fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

So I'm just sitting here grumbling at the fact that I have a shiny new plat, but I can't update on here.  Got the plat for Revenant Saga and I'll post the score once the site lets me update so I know what the rarity is with me included.  Also should be getting the plats for Ys Origin and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana soon since I'm wrapping up the last playthrough on Ys Origin and then some more arena mode grinding and grinding to level 60 is all that is left and then once I get that plat I'll finish Lacrimosa of Dana since it's worth more points and would get an additional bonus for being the second in a series.

Going to also work on Revenant Saga's sequel, Revenant Dogma.  Mary Skelter Nightmares is annoying me, so I'm on a Kemco RPG kick since I need something to play during breaks at work and Kemco games are good easy fun.

How was Revenant Saga?  It's a game I've had sat in the backlog for a while, along with a couple of other Kemco games