CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

I actually have decided to swap Tokyo Xanadu for the Trails of Cold Steel III NA release.  If I can actually accomplish finishing up my Trails backlog plus the CS1 and CS2 ports, that would end up having a very nice multiplier because it's six games in total and I'm sure the trophy list will be like the Japanese one and very doable within 30 days for the new game bonus and I've been meaning to get to Zero and Ao for quite some time now.  Just a shame the Trails of Cold Steel LP died out. 

Which means I should get back to CS4 ASAP and get that plat already.

@ladynadiad

I have all your games computed and your game change annotated. You have a slight lead for now over @Leon Castle. That is until Dragon-Archon finishes Kingdom Hearts III and gets that huge bonus.

@Leon Castle Your score has been fixed. @fabiansc83 you had the correct one.

Things are now just starting to heat up around here at about a month in.

• Like 2

Just finished Lacrimosa of Dana.  So that will be 100-13.27-10+16+16+6 for a total of 114.73.  Then 114.73 * 2.5 for the LP and Beast Mode bonuses makes 286.825 points.

Guess that lead isn't so slight any more, at least until Dragon-Archon finishes up KH3, but I'm hoping to get enough points in to make up for that.  I'm making good progress in Revenant Dogma.  Going to work on CS4 and Tokyo Xanadu next most likely.  Have to build up that nice beast mode bonus for the Trails series before CS3 comes out in English, after all.

• Like 3

Finished the Hearthfire DLC and closing in on the plat for Skyrim.  One more side quest and a few more story missions to finish it out so I'm hoping to have it done by end-month.  I'll post the points for Hearthfire once I have the plat done.

Finished up the plat for the main game of Skyrim so here's my point additions...

Skyrim 100 + 69 - 11.42 = 157.58 x 3 = 472.74

Hearthfire DLC  50 + 5 - 8.47 = 46.53 x 3 = 139.59

Should help me keep pace with the other people charging forward. Going to take a little break from Tamriel before doing the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs. Starting a few other RPGs during the Kill Your Completion event though most are shorter than Skyrim so we'll see how I'm faring after the next month.

• Like 2

I've deleted everything from KH DDD and started from scratch. Hoping third time's the charm and that it won't glitch this time. Not looking forward to doing Flick Rush and all the Special Portals again ...

20 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Finished up the plat for the main game of Skyrim so here's my point additions...

Skyrim 100 + 69 - 11.42 = 157.58 x 3 = 472.74

Hearthfire DLC  50 + 5 - 8.47 = 46.53 x 3 = 139.59

Should help me keep pace with the other people charging forward. Going to take a little break from Tamriel before doing the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs. Starting a few other RPGs during the Kill Your Completion event though most are shorter than Skyrim so we'll see how I'm faring after the next month.

Congrats :yay: .

Started my first game for KYC, Megatagmension, which is a neptunia series game. Now looking in the Lets Play for that series and it would qualify for that event. But most sights genre it as a hack and slash not a rpg. Which is basically a rpg half cousin. Those that know more about the series, think it qualifies for this? Regardless I will get the plat because it is a fun game. But it would be nice to get points out of it too.

9 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Started my first game for KYC, Megatagmension, which is a neptunia series game. Now looking in the Lets Play for that series and it would qualify for that event. But most sights genre it as a hack and slash not a rpg. Which is basically a rpg half cousin. Those that know more about the series, think it qualifies for this? Regardless I will get the plat because it is a fun game. But it would be nice to get points out of it too.

It might depend on the game.  I know the Re;Birth games would definitely count as RPGs and if Megatagmension plays like those then I'd say it would count.

But honestly I also feel hack and slash is pretty much a sub-genre of RPG as it is.  I barely can see a distinction between them and action RPGs.

Just finished up Revenant Dogma.  So that should net me 100-41.60+14+40+36=148.40.

148.40*1.5=222.60 to cover the 0.5 bonus for beast mode since Revenant Dogma is a sequel to Revenant Saga.

And I will say Revenant Saga was much better.  Revenant Dogma just lacked all the charm that actually made Revenant Saga fun.

Monthly Roundup>>>

Already a month in this challenge. Not one person has gotten too large of a lead yet with several people gunning for first place. So Lets see what everyone has completed and where they are going.

@Dragon-Archon

No completions yet but is one away from finishing Kingdom Hearts III for a huge points boost since it was a bonus points game as well as some grind away from Dream Drop Distance. Dragon did mention some set backs in that title. Lets see if the most popular person to take the crown can get on the board.

@fabiansc83 

Also very close to getting a bonus point game complete. Completing this game should get them into striking distance of the front runners.

@jemmie

About halfway through a bonus point game, but seems to have taken some detours. Which is fine in this year long event there is plenty of time.

@Kevvik

Swooped in with Skyrim and took the lead now after also grinding out the three houses build. KYC might delay his progress a bit so people have the opportunity to catch up.

S923a36.png1Sc4ba6f.png

S3f1e16.png1Sf68d0e.png

S3f1e16.png66Sc0767d.png

@kingofbattle8174

First on the board with points but has been slow on any more progress due to the slow speed of Summon Night 6. I have more to add personally at the bottom.

Sac0cf2.png1S479f38.png

S327a52.png1S50b219.png

@ladynadiad

Currently has the most completions out of anyone else on the contest and I don't see them slowing down anytime soon.

S545021.png13S0e4cd0.png

S9cf36b.png1S38aa70.png

S7d649a.png1S43f8e3.png

S551dc3.png1S7dbd30.png

Se7122e.png1Sb1c31b.png

@Leon Castle

Currently sitting in third place and has a few solid completions. Another Tales game to keep the beast mode bonus going seems to be in the near future.

Sfbcf64.png1Sb6649e.png

Scd33a5.png1S9891d8.png

@sealightbreeze

Seems to be closing in also on Kingdom Hearts III.

@Warpedsavior

Got on the board towards the end of the month. Now seems to making progress in Omega Quintet after a long break away.

S307d7d.png7S741532.png

@xZoneHunter

A couple of possibilities in the future but no points as of now.

Scoreboard>>>>>

Ladynadiad: 837.68

Kevvik: 698.76

Leon Castle: 289.71

Kingofbattle8174: 252.12

Warped Savior: 170.64

So just so everyone knows, I will taking a short break away for Lent. I will not be playing any games at all starting Wednesday. I am also cutting back on my forum usage. I will still be doing updates sporadically during this period.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 3

Inbetween starting a new job and playing xenoblade 2 on the switch the trophy gains have been low. 

I have a couple RPG games waiting to be finished, but most of them have quite a bit of cleanup left that's pretty boring. Leveling all the weapons in curry is a chore and in world of final fantasy i have a bunch of misc stuff i just cba with. So i've just been bouncing between games a bit untill something sticks long enough for me to get the plat ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Inbetween starting a new job and playing xenoblade 2 on the switch the trophy gains have been low. 

I have a couple RPG games waiting to be finished, but most of them have quite a bit of cleanup left that's pretty boring. Leveling all the weapons in curry is a chore and in world of final fantasy i have a bunch of misc stuff i just cba with. So i've just been bouncing between games a bit untill something sticks long enough for me to get the plat 1f605.png

I'm kind of in the same boat. I started working part-time during my final semester in college, and things have been rather busy lately (the past few weeks especially). Right now, I'm finishing up Bayonetta (because I borrowed it from my friend over three months ago, and he probably wants it back), but after that, I plan on getting on the board.

On 3/5/2019 at 0:50 PM, xZoneHunter said:

I have a couple RPG games waiting to be finished, but most of them have quite a bit of cleanup left that's pretty boring. Leveling all the weapons in curry is a chore and in world of final fantasy i have a bunch of misc stuff i just cba with. So i've just been bouncing between games a bit untill something sticks long enough for me to get the plat 1f605.png

I get Sorcery Saga taking forever. It's going to get even more tedious once you're done with swords and move on to staves because staves suck  I'd advise to just keep it to short intervals.  I would pick a dungeon and then go to either the midpoint or end and then take a break.  Go with smaller dungeons if you still need to level any spells since you get those mostly from bosses, use the larger ones and leave at the midpoints once you're done with getting all the spells maxed.  Don't bother doing the 255 floors of the bonus dungeon a second time, at most stop at level 100.  You need to do it once to get all the monster entries and that's it.

Progress wise for me, I'm working on Mary Skelter: Nightmares again and chugging away at CS4 and Tokyo Xanadu.  On the 12th I'll be swapping CS4 for the PS4 port of CS1, but I'm hoping to potentially finish my nightmare run before then.  A lot will depend on how quickly I finish up moving this weekend.  Once I get to the end I'll start getting some more trophies because the second run is definitely a trophy drought since most of my missed stuff is finished up towards the end.  I know CS4 will need a third run because I suck at Vantage Masters and am going to need to redo that stuff on easy difficulty.  Don't be shocked if I complain about that later this year when I have to do it in CS3 again because I'm not very fond of needing to learn a reasonably complex card game for a plat.  It's even worse when you have to do this and the rules are in a language you aren't good at reading yet so you only get basic strategy at best.

Making a bit of progress on a few Vita titles during KYC.  

Running through The Bard's Tale, an action RPG and loving the sheer personality of the game. Gameplay is fairly generic but Cary Elwes as The Bard was an inspired voice acting choice.

Also going through Monster Monpiece, a bit of fan service covering up what could have been, A not bad card playing strategy game with really lite RPG elements (a bit of item management and building your deck, the site here also calls it an RPG). If someone wanted to argue that this wasn't an RPG, I probably wouldn't fight it very hard but I figure if people can claim Pokemon is an RPG, card games aren't that much different IMO. I leave it to the floor here on whether it will score once I'm done.

Playing my Vita has been a pleasant break from Skyrim last month.  The next game I'm playing won't be an RPG and hopefully some side time will let me finish some stuff up.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, Kevvik said:

if people can claim Pokemon is an RPG

As a big fan of Pokemon(coming up with the new 8th generation on the Switch) I can honestly say Pokemon IS an RPG. It has all of the same elements, you're just using monsters to fight instead of swords and magic. ;)

On 3/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm still working on KH DDD. Going through it for a third time is so boring.

I know how you feel. Going through Enigmatis 3 a second time because my game glitched and I lost a key item so I can't continue the story really really sucks. I think Artifex Mundi didn't beta test it good enough. :(

2 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

As a big fan of Pokemon(coming up with the new 8th generation on the Switch) I can honestly say Pokemon IS an RPG. It has all of the same elements, you're just using monsters to fight instead of swords and magic. ;)

I generally agree, though I can see how my post may indicate otherwise but I feel at times that it is really only a step beyond CCGs on the RPG ascension route.