Borderlands Defender

1S3e0740.png

Borderlands

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Ding! Champion

28Saf541d.png

Earned Level 50

So this is where it all began... at first I didn't intentionally try to go for the platinum on Borderlands, I didn't really know anything about trophies, but one day I actually looked in my trophy collection and saw that I only had a few left to mop up before I got the platinum so I thought why not. It's funny to look back when I play the game now because I actually got the platinum when I was 11 and theres no way I should have even been playing Borderlands at that age. Anyway, this is still one of my favourite games finding the perfect balance in story, humour and solid gameplay as well as offering some of the best DLC I've ever played (Excluding Moxxi's DLC). This game went on to spawn one of my favourite franchises and I'm so glad that I was there from the start!

Enjoyment-9/10

Difficulty-3/10

S9e7183.png

Platinum #2

True Thevius Raccoonus

1S10028e.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Greedy Raccoon

33S0df8e0.png

Open All Vaults

Funnily enough I'd actually played Sly when I was really young on the PS2 so when I saw the collection I thought I'd pick it up and see if I remembered much about it. The gameplay and platinum are both very easy throughout all of the Sly games but it is still just a great solid game by Naughty Dog. Although the concept of the game is quite laughable the Sly series does still hold up as a Playstation classic and I thoroughly enjoyed each of the games that I played

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-2/10

S6edaa2.png

Platinum #3

The Lombax Triumphant

1Se3657b.png

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

My Blaster Runs Really, Really Hot

18S026f83.png

Score 10,000 Points In My Blaster Runs Hot

Ratchet and Clank was another of my favourite childhood series as one of the first PS2 games that I played was Ratchet and Clank 2. It's safe to say that Insomniac do use pretty much the same formula for most of the new Ratchet and Clank games but I still think thats just what makes them good, and they can carry on making the same games for all I care. Platinum wise this is easy enough, it requires a few play throughs but they can be done relatively quick and the only trophy I actually had a problem with was the My Blaster Runs Hot one. For a game inside a kids game this was pretty difficulty and it's safe to say it took a few tries.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Se4df23.png

Platinum #4

NFS Hot Pursuit Elite

1S6b97d2.png

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Golddigger

29S1407c8.png

Earn A Gold Medal In Every Single-Player Racer Event

As you'll probably see throughout this list I'm not the biggest racing game fan, nor am I that good at them. This was the first racing game I'd platinumed and the first Need For Speed game I'd actually invested some proper time into. Much to my surprise I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit and think that the dynamic of being able to play both cops and racers is a really fun aspect. I never really tired of the gameplay from start to finish and there was only a small grind toward the end. I'd like to see either a Hot Pursuit 2 or something very similar in the future for definite!

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sdf0483.png

Platinum #5

Platinum Trophy

1S4c53ab.png

Megamind

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Psychotic Win

13S91240c.png

Defeat Psycho Delic As Megamind Without Dying

I'd like to start by saying that I absolutely love the Megamind film and I think it's great however, this game and my opinion of it are greatly different to that of the film. In all fairness I didn't really expect much from this game as I went in literally because it was probably one of the easiest platinums to get at the time. Still it did not deliver in any way at all. The levels are pretty basic and offer some very very bad enemy AI which literally pose no risk at all. The funny thing is I actually died on the Psycho Delic boss so I had to replay the level for the trophy, but from memory apart from that I didn't die again.

Enjoyment-3/10

Difficulty-2/10

Sd444fa.png

Platinum #6

Platinum Trophy

1Sf95ac5.png

Skate 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Online Legend

27S311dad.png

Achieve Legend Rank Online

I went into Skate 2 with big expectations after I'd already played Skate 3 for quite a long time. Fortunately Skate 2 definitely did deliver and was a great game for the many hours that I put into it. Granted Skate 2 does play a little different to Skate 3 as it takes on a more realistic approach to skateboarding so some of the more unrealistic huge tricks can't be performed unlike in Skate 3 but saying that I welcomed it. The online in this instalment is absolutely unreal, I loved it and this is where I spent most of my time. The trophies related to the online mode are pretty grindy but do have you doing everything you can including all of the activities. Some of these were tricky but they were all fun and didn't pose too much of a challenge. The Skate franchise does have a special place in my heart because of these two games and I would love a remaster of either two or three in the future.

Enjoyment-8/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sfc950b.png

Platinum #7

Master Of The Jungle

1S501377.png

Far Cry 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Fully Inked

16Sc06822.png

Earn Every Tattoo By Learning All Skills

Far Cry 3 was the first Far Cry game that I'd properly played and I was definitely surprised. The gameplay and the environment were absolutely beautiful and this is still my favourite Far Cry to date. Funnily enough I kind of enjoyed getting the collectables in this game as some actually add to your gameplay and character and they are all easy to get because of the map. The online missions were also fun and the added little four player campaign was kind of cool especially with the added competitive sections. I am definitely looking forward to the Far Cry 3 remaster in the future on PS4.

Enjoyment-8/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sc7c395.png

Platinum #8

Unlikely Bandit

1S54097a.png

Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Tick- Tock

33S7235b0.png

Defeat Clock-La

Sly 2 was the second game that I played in the Sly franchise and it's safe to say this is much like the first game. The new maps and story was pretty cool but it did get a little tiring especially towards the end just due to the lack of change from the first. Despite this I did still enjoy Sly 2 and I do plan on getting the Sly 3 platinum at some point but i definitely wont be rushing into it.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S5f133b.png

Platinum #9 & #10

Top Of The Heap

1S9a8e48.png

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Super Oberator

39Se8b9e4.png

Collect 2000 Precursor Orbs

I remember playing Daxter on PSP as a very young kid then someone buying me Jak 3 on the PS2 so these were some of my childhood games. When the HD collection became free on Playstation Plus i grabbed the games and jumped straight into the first one. For anyone that has played the Jak games they probably understand my shock when I realised that it was nothing like the third game but I still loved the first just in the way that it looked like Ratchet and Clank and Sly. I later downloaded the game on my vita when going on a long trip and grabbed the platinum again.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S3345c0.png

Platinum #11

Guacamelee! Platinum Trophy

1S5eab99.png

Guacameele!

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

That Was Hard Mode?

46S45256f.png

Defeat The Game On Hard Mode

I first played this game purely because it was free on Playstation Plus, but I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. I love the combat and the sometimes challenging platforming sections especially the 100% endgame ones. This is the perfect kind of indie game for me which is very well made and is a lot of fun, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet played it! 

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-5/10

S1cd51c.png

Platinum #12

Platinum Trophy

1Sed5e8b.png

Skate 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Talking Bout Team Practice

26Sab807f.png

Play In A 6-Player Team Freeskate Session

I'll start out simply by saying that Skate 3 is one of my favourite games of all time and I've countless hours into all of its content. This was the first Skate game that I had played and I almost got the platinum pretty quickly if it wasn't for the trophy mentioned above. However by playing this it made me go back and play the other two games. You can see after playing all three games how they have progressed and been refined to make the third instalment. Eventually after a lot of trying and a lot of different game sessions I managed to pull off the last trophy and gain the platinum which was pretty rewarding in the end. Also the DLC for this game are great, especially the Danny Way one, and are all worth paying for. If anyone is interested I wrote my first ever guide for this game so it would be great if it was a help to anyone. Link- https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2294-skate-3-trophy-guide

Enjoyment-9/10

Difficulty-4/10

S02e211.png

Platinum #13

Fait Accompli

1S461d38.png

Jak 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Orbiter Of Record

47Sd0b21a.png

Collect 600 Precursor Orbs

Jak 3 was the first Jak game that I played originally on the PS2 and I have great memories from it as a child. When the Jak collection was free it was a great opportunity to replay one of my childhood games and I've got to say that it was quite a bit harder than I remember. I always remember Jak one being a lot like a kids game and the Jak 3 being more like GTA for kids. The way he evolved with guns and cars through each game is pretty cool and I wouldn't mind giving this another shot on my Vita.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S443616.png

Platinum #14

Platuminary

1S3dbb75.png

SEGA Megadrive Ultimate Collection

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Yatta!

20S01053a.png

Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M: Complete The Game

The Megadrive collection was a great game as it introduced me to a console generation that was before my time that was actually great! After playing through a few of the games on the compilation I realised that I'd played a lot of them as PC ports when I was really young. I played through the Sonic games a lot and spent way too much time in Sonic Spinball. A while after this game I bought a Megadrive and some of my favourite titles on it to replay them properly. 

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S87d834.png

Platinum #15

Toy Story 3 Champion

1Sca06d9.png

Toy Story 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Gold Super Star

26S53d97a.png

Collect All The Gold Stars

Surprisingly I think this game is great! admittedly the story mode isn't the best, but it definitely isn't the worst I have played by any means. For me most of the enjoyment came from the sandbox mode, this was great and full of different challenges to help you build different buildings related to each area. You could spend hours in this mode completing all of the challenges and collecting all the stars. I would love for a PS4 remaster of this game because I'd just love to play it from start to finish again.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sa59900.png

Platinum #16

Determinated

1Sbc9759.png

Terminator Salvation

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Veteran Commander

12S14afbb.png

Complete The Game- Become A Commander On Hard Difficulty

I never expected the Terminator game to be good at all and it lived up to every expectation that I had. The gameplay was slow and clunky, the hard difficulty was stupidly easy and it was just an overall mess really. It took me longer than expected to finish just because I had to keep taking breaks from it but I got there eventually and I will never play this game again. 

Enjoyment-2/10

Difficulty-3/10

S094b7f.png

Platinum #17

Kingpin

1Sd4f6fe.png

Saints Row: The Third

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

You're My Hero!

35S5e73b1.png

Complete ALL Challenges

Saints Row was a game I'd had a little taste of with Saints Row 2 at a friends house a while before I played 3. I always like 2 and actually preferred it to GTA 4 which was out at the same time. I liked its less serious approach and more cartoon theme so when Saints Row 3 came out I gave it a try. I feel like 2 had more to offer in terms of side missions and exploration but 3 did have more things like special vehicles and customisation options. Either way I did think it was a good game but was in my backlog for a long time due to locking myself out of some challenges due to progressing too far.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S550a43.png

Platinum #18

Top Of Your Game

1S12e29f.png

Hitman: Absolution

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Absolution

26S25b4bc.png

Complete Hitman: Absolution On Any Of The Professional Difficulties

Absolution was the first Hitman game that I'd ever played and I'd probably never had tried it if it wasn't given as a present. Despite this I had a great experience with this game, I love how there are so many different ways of taking out your targets and that you're rewarded in different ways for trying different play styles. My personal favourite level has got to be level 2, the China Town market one. I played this level to death to unlock absolutely everything and I like how you return to that location later on in the game for the Chinese New Year and there are even more things to unlock.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-5/10

Sfcedec.png

Platinum #19

King Of Iron Fist

1S5ed0cc.png

Tekken Tag Tournament HD

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

OOHRAAAH

34Se545fd.png

Clear Time Attack In Under 6"00"00

This was the first Tekken game I ever played back on the PS2 so I have fond memories and this is really how I remember Tekken to be. I only found out that the HD collection existed by looking through a friends trophy page so I thought I'd try and pick the game up whenever I saw it. It turns out this was a little bit rarer than I first though but eventually it popped up in my local CEX so I bagged it. Anyway it was still as good as I remember and I had loads of fun playing it again, especially the stupid bowling mini game. That platinum was pretty straight forward but the 6 minute time trial did get me for a while as I'm definitely not the best at fighting games.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sc9dad3.png

Platinum #20

Ultimate Knack

1Se8df71.png

Knack

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Knack Master

36S364419.png

Complete All Chapters On Very Hard Difficulty

When the PS4 first came out Knack was one of the launch titles along with Killzone Shadowfall. I got Killzone with my bundle but never really played it. Luckily for me however, a friend of mine got Knack with his so we decided to play it together. The first couple of times that I played through this game I did really enjoy, once on easy to see the game and get all the collectables then once on very hard. It was all the times I had to go through again to get the diamond relics that ruined this game for me (as well as having to play the mobile game, which was actually pretty fun). I think in total by the time I had done everything that I'd done 7 how play throughs to get the platinum which definitely became tedious towards the end.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-6/10

S620e71.png

Platinum #21

Awarded All Trophies

1S0a8f1e.png

Minecraft

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The End 

28Sa2af2b.png

Kill The Enderdragon

Minecraft was a game that I never really got into as a kid so when it came out on PS3 I thought I'd give it a go with a few friends. The first few times we played were alright and I did enjoy it but it quickly got boring for me. I know a lot of people do enjoy Minecraft and I can see why but it just didn't appeal to me at all. Eventually, after leaving it in my backlog for a while, I decided to seek the help of one of the Minecraft gurus that had a world set up to complete the trophies. I can't remember his name or I would give him a shoutout because he helped me big time with this.

Enjoyment-5/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sf1c092.png

Platinum #22

Have You Ever Tried Shwarama?

1S40a6f3.png

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

You Win A No-Prize

25S747836.png

Complete The Game 100% (Single Player)

This was the first PS4 LEGO game that I had tried but not the first LEGO game all together. I played a couple of the Star Wars ones when I was younger on the DS and really enjoyed them so I thought I'd give the Marvel one a go after hearing so many good things. I've got to say it was great! I don't find the story modes of these games very entertaining but I do like how you have to backtrack once you've found more characters to unlock new things. I also loved the free roam in this instalment, having a full city to do things in was great especially with all the flying characters. This did eventually push me to try more LEGO games to see if any were as good as this.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sdb2558.png

Platinum #23

The Walking Dead

1Sa2891b.png

The Walking Dead

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

What Remains?

41Saacef3.png

Complete Episode 5 "No Time Left"

Again The Walking Dead was another game I'd heard a lot of hype surrounding so I was intrigued to try it out to try it out. I've got to say that I still hold the same opinion on Telltale games through everything they make, the stories are absolutely amazing, but the games themselves are really clunky and not well made. Anyway TWD was the first Telltale game that I'd actually played and was very surprised how much I enjoyed it as I'd never really played any narrative based story games before. The story of Lee and Clementine had me from the first chapter as their relationship builds and comes to its climactic end. This definitely left me wanting more of The Walking Dead and Telltale games after I'd played it.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-1/10

S5c7830.png

Platinum #24

The Piece Of Resistance

1S7c581f.png

LEGO Movie: The Videogame

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Everything Is Awesome!

27Sbd368b.png

Achieve 100% Completion

After playing LEGO Marvel Superheroes and this coming out shortly after I thought I'd give it a try after seeing the film. Ive got to see that I didn't think this was as good as the Marvel game but it definitely held the same formula and thats why I still enjoyed it. Again the story seemed to drag a little and I was glad when it was over so I could go back and get my other characters, but there was still an element of free roam. There is an array of characters throughout this entry as it is just based on the LEGO world and isn't tied to a particular franchise which I did like a lot and the gameplay is still the old LEGO formula that you expect.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S1aff77.png

Platinum #25 & #26

Full Moon

1S2b7488.png 1S2b7488.png

The Wolf Among Us

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Happily Every After

35S0910b2.png

Complete Episode 5 "Cry Wolf"

After playing The Walking Dead I was curious to see what else Telltale games had to offer which led me to The Wolf Among Us in which you play as The Big Bad Wolf in an underground fairy tale town known as Fabletown somewhere in America. Bigsby's is an investigator tasked with finding out who has being murdering the fairy tale characters throughout Fabletown. This game posts a great setting and plot that in true Telltale fashion has many twists and turns throughout its story. After finishing the game's climactic fifth chapter I was left wanting more but as Telltale games recently shut down i'm putting my hope in the recent new revival under a different company to bring back The Wolf Among Us for at least a second season.

Enjoyment-8/10

Difficulty-1/10

Sb099eb.png

Platinum #27

Enjoy Your Powers

1Sc82313.png

InFamous Second Son

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Unstoppable

2Sd0b781.png

Finish The Game On Expert Difficulty

Another one of the first games that I played on PS4 was the new Infamous title. I played the first two Infamous games shortly on PS3 and never really found much interest in them, but something was just great about this new title. On the surface it was just a similar story to the last two games with a setting and objective that weren't too different either, but this one just seemed to be better. This visuals were a lot better having made the jump to a new console generation, the gameplay was slick and the story was gripping. I did also start to enjoy the endgame collecting aspect of Second Son which is rare considering just how may collectables are in this game. The expert difficulty wasn't really difficult at all apart from a couple of sections which made for a relatively easy platinum.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S5915a0.png

Platinum #28

Master Of The Raven

1S00fd2f.png

The Raven

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Raven

36Sdc921a.png

You Finished "The Raven"!

There genuinely isn't anything positive I can say about The Raven, it is actually one of the worst games I have played by far and I am so glad I borrowed it and didn't waste my money. The game play and controls were some of the clunkiest I'd ever seen, the story was dragged out and so boring, the voice acting was laughable and I really did not enjoy following a text guide through the whole thing. I'll never go near the remaster of this because I know absolutely nothing will have changed.

Enjoyment-2/10

Difficulty-2/10

S05c083.png

Platinum #29 & #30

Borderlands Defender Round 2

1S03cf8c.png1S03cf8c.png

Borderlands 2 

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Challenge Accepted

18S063529.png

Complete Level 1 Of All Non-Specific Challenges With A Single Character

The Borderland Franchise is and will always be one of my favourites ever and I will continue to keep buying the new instalments if the continue to be this good. In my opinion Borderlands 2 is the peak of the franchise and it will be hard to top in a later game but I really hope they do because it will probably be one of my top games of all time. I picked this up on release as I was really excited after playing the first game, this is a big thing for me as I often wait for reviews before I get anything but I just had to have this. Borderlands 2 acts as a direct sequel to the first game and has you going to find the vault hunter from the previous game to ultimately stop the new antagonist Handsome Jack. Not only does the game hold a great story from start to finish but the gameplay is second to none. I don't think I will ever tire of this game and if they released it a third time I'd probably go for it again. With the Handsome collection I played all of the DLC but I would like to go back and revisit them to fully finish it off.

Difficulty-4/10

Enjoyment-10/10

S347a5b.png

Platinum #31

Master Assassin

1S61800c.png

Assassins Creed 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

In Memory Of Petruccio

48S5dac49.png

Collect All Feathers

The Assassins Creed series is something that I'm not really sure how to feel about, I played the first three games and had mixed thoughts on each. I didn't enjoy the first much at all, the second definitely improved on this but for the most part was pretty boring, but then Brotherhood in my eyes was an absolute masterpiece. Anyway my experience with Assassins Creed 2 wasn't too bad and I did actually enjoy it but I still curse the person who decided to put the feathers in without being able to buy a map that shows their location like in a Far Cry game.

Difficulty-2/10

Enjoyment-6/10

Sb84bd4.png

Platinum #32

Congratulations

1S697417.png

Saw

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Merciless

44Sb1555b.png

Stomped Five Minions To Death

I went into the Saw game having seen most of the films and hearing mixed reviews about the game so was kind of sceptical of what to expect. Overall I though the experience wasn't too bad and I really didn't mind this game at all but I'm honestly still not too sure why. The gameplay was a little clunky and the puzzles were easy but there was just something endearing about the whole play through. None of the sections were even particularly scary like I thought they might be.

Difficulty-3/10

Enjoyment-6/10

Sdf7a3c.png

Platinum #33 & #34

I Came, I Saw, I Blew Stuff Up

1Sf5412a.png1Sf5412a.png

Resogun

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

1CC

16S03aa29.png

Complete Arcade Mode Without Losing Any Lives, On Experienced Difficulty

This was one of the first games I played on my PS4 and it was the perfect introduction to the new generation console. The game looked and felt amazing and was just enough of a challenge for me but never got to the point where I was tearing my hair out. I was never a fan of side scrolling, flying shooter games before until playing this but Resogun completely opened my eyes to the capabilities of this genre. Once the PS3 release arrived I grabbed it and got the platinum again, this time being a little tricker than the first for some reason.

Difficulty-5/10

Enjoyment-8/10

Sf1ba6f.png

Platinum #35 & #36

All Star Legend- You've Done Everything

1Scc9431.png1Scc9431.png

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

This Is Living

41Sc53802.png

Win A Match-Made Online Game Without Dying

Now as much as this is obviously a Smash Bros cover I think it did hold up quite well and stayed entertaining through the duration of both of the platinums. I don't think I'd ever continue to play the online and actually get good at this game but the trophies weren't too exhausting and lasted just long enough that I enjoyed my experience. Admittedly playing some of the characters stories were a bit slow especially like sackboy and parappa, who I think don't hold up in a fighting game at all. 

Difficulty-3/10

Enjoyment-6/10

S0a0349.png

Platinum #37

Punchtime Explosion Pro

1Sb14d19.png

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Samurai's Journey

19S4bb74b.png

Defeat Aku Boss With Jack Without Dying

Admittedly I did buy this game knowing that it would be an easy platinum but didn't expect it to be as bad or kind of grindy as it was. The constant playing of the same levels over and over to get the trophies was just painful. I grew up with Cartoon Network so most of the characters were relatable for me and playing them was probably the only redeeming quality of this game but the gameplay seriously is just terrible.

Difficulty-2/10

Enjoyment-2/10

S05049d.png

Platinum #38, #39, #40, #41, #42 & #43

You've Gone Platinum

1S271382.png1S271382.png1S271382.png1S271382.png1S271382.png1S271382.png

Sound Shapes

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Death Mode: Galaxanoids

13Se07be2.png

Complete The Death Mode Level

Now contrary to popular belief, Sounds Shapes is a much harder platinum than most people think. I went into this thinking it would be a cakewalk after seeing the really high completion percentage, but after playing it I can say that I couldn't have been more wrong. Don't get me wrong this isn't anything that is going to take you weeks of solid playing to master, but some of the death mode levels are really tricky and will take a few attempts. The story mode is pretty boring and it isn't much of an exciting game but it wasn't too bad overall I suppose.

Difficulty-5/10

Enjoyment-5/10

S1f7c1c.png

Platinum #44

Master Of Kyrat

1S104075.png

Far Cry 4

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Changing Lanes

22S415e17.png

Perform A Vehicle Take Down From The Passenger Seat Of A Vehicle

Far Cry 4 was not too dissimilar from Far Cry 3 for me which is great because I loved 3. The gameplay and overall journey to the platinum is the same but the story differs and that is about all. The setting of 4 was great and I did like Pagan Min but it will still never compare to number 3 for me. Much like the Infamous game I don't mind the collectable hunting so much on Far Cry as you can see them all on the map and slowly chip away. Here's hoping to the next game being as good as these two!

Difficulty-3/10 

Enjoyment-8/10

S87e6a8.png

Platinum #45

Nobel Achievement

1S191f10.png

InFamous First Light

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Top Of The Class

22S9fbdd6.png

Earn A Total Of 1,000,000 Points

After playing Second Sun and really enjoying it, and First Light being free I though I'd give it a try. This Infamous instalment obviously play a lot like Second Sun but is a lot shorter in length and most of the difficulty is centered around the arena mode. Again, much like Second Sun, I didn't really have any difficulty at all in getting the platinum and was really happy with the gameplay. Funnily enough I kind of enjoy the collectable hunting in the Infamous games and I'm not too sure why. After doing this I am considering going back and finishing the first two games as I own them but have just never gotten around to it.

Difficulty-3/10

Enjoyment-7/10

S549d41.png

Platinum #46 & #47

Lunatics Unite

1S59f836.png

Motorstorm RC

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Re-Scaling New Heights

19Scf92c1.png

For Earning 3 Medals In Each Of The Festivals 64 Events

So I'd played the previous three Motorstorm games and absolutely loved them, especially Pacific Rift, so when this was free for the month I though I'd give it a try on my vita. Obviously for anyone that has played this they know it doesn't control like a traditional Motorstorm game but instead has you controlling an RC car from a top down view. This is pretty cool, although sometimes a little challenging, so I continued to play through till the end of the game. My expectations when going into this were that the platinum may be quite trick as I knew the trophies in Pacific Rift and Apocalypse were. However, much to my surprise they were relatively easy so I decided to carry on for the platinum. After I did that I used the cross saving to bag me another platinum.

Difficulty-4/10

Enjoyment-7/10

Sbc98db.png

Platinum #48

Platinum Trophy

1Sfb6fa5.png

Heavy Fire Afghanistan

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Veteran

9S5dafe4.png

For Finishing All The Levels On Veteran Difficulty

This is the first and probably last Heavy Fire game that I have played and my experience isn't anything I'd shout about. Summed up the Heavy Fire series is an on the rails shooter, much like the Time Crisis games, but without a gun (which is the best part of those games). Anyway you go through very very tedious levels in your chosen location, in this case Afghanistan, shooting enemies very very slowly. There isn't any real difficulty to these games at all so they might be quite appealing from a trophy hunting perspective but they really aren't even worth the platinum.

Difficulty-2/10

Enjoyment-2/10

S22f38a.png

Platinum #49

Guacameele! Platinum Trophy

1S8e8757.png

Guacameele! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

That Was Hard Mode?

26S735835.png

Defeat The Game On Hard Mode

This again was definitely a nice surprise from Playstation Plus giving everyone the chance to play Guacameele for free on the PS4. The game looked and played pretty much the same from what I can remember but with the added bonus of the free DLC. This did add a little extra game play, nothing too drastic, but it was definitely welcome. Some of the challenges were pretty difficult but nothing that took too long and the game on hard mode was still really easy. Overall I still enjoyed this game from start to finish and will consider trying out Guacameele 2.

Difficulty-4/10

Enjoyment-7/10

Sc1643f.png

Platinum #50

Rocksmith Platinum Elite

1Sce70f2.png

Rocksmith

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Giant!

11S4a8f1e.png

Beat 2,000,000 Points In The Guitarcade Game: Big Swing Baseball

Funnily enough I started Rocksmith when I was 12 and had only been playing guitar for around a year so I wasn't really too great. I can't really say that it improved my playing at all but it was  fun and I would say that it is probably alright as a learning tool for a new guitarist. I think my problem was I already had some technique and knowledge when going into the game which I was developing away from the game in more effective ways, so really I just approached Rocksmith as a gamer and not as a guitarist. Anyway I didn't actually finish the platinum until I was 15 but that wasn't because of anything to do with my technical ability it was more just the guitarcade games, which I don't think really possible without exploiting the pause cheat, and i also needed to source another real tone cable. There is some grinding to this game when collecting all of the guitars and levelling up but I suppose this can just be used as practice for the player. After finishing the platinum I did actually write a guide for the game, I haven't reviewed it recently but it's probably a little rough as I was 15 when I wrote it however, if it can be of any use to anyone in anyway that would make me happy. Guide Link- https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2939-rocksmith-trophy-guide

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-5/10

Sd8e17c.png

Platinum #51

Academy Award

1Sed9116.png

OlliOlli2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

I Want It All

2S934a18.png

Achieve 100% Completion

I picked OlliOlli 2 when it was free on Playstation Plus not really knowing much about it other than it was supposedly quite hard and was more of a skill based game. I never played the original OlliOlli so I didn't know how hard this would actually be and honestly I didn't have too much difficulty till the later level challenges, some of which are just insane. I do sometimes love a good challenge though so I stuck this out and managed to finish all of the challenges to unlock RAD mode. This I didn't really find too difficult as by the time you've finished all of the challenges you are probably good enough to be landing every trick and grind perfect anyway.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-7/10

Se54fe3.png

Platinum #52 & #53

We Had Fun, Didn't We?

1S518cff.png1S518cff.png

Tales From The Borderlands

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Tales Told Twice

36S7a9cca.png

Complete Episode 5

I remember back to seeing the original trailers to what me and a lot of people thought was going to be a new Borderlands title and it was safe to say that i was pretty excited. Later I found out that this would be a new Telltale game that took place within the Borderlands world. I actually welcomed this idea because of the great Telltale games I'd played previously, most notably The Wolf Among Us. As expected Tales From The Borderlands lived up to expectation and brought a more in depth story aspect to the Borderlands franchise as well as shedding some more light on the stories of characters within the world. It would definitely be good to see Rhys and Fiona in a later Borderlands game as playable characters. Also given that there are two versions of this game and one was given for free at a later date I got both platinums.

Enjoyment-8/10

Difficulty-1/10

Sf6bcea.png

Platinum #54

It's Good To Be Back

1Sb26298.png

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Statastic

36S82f6c9.png

Acquire 250 Stat Points

Well I cant really say it is great to be back for the newest Tony Hawks instalment. The Game overall doesn't play too badly and does still seem like a Tony Hawks game but the gameplay definitely does become very stale and repetitive quickly. Pro Skater 5 does not come close to matching most of the older PS2 titles and every Project 8 on PS3 which I personally loved and wish had trophy support or got a remaster. The platinum is somewhat grindy and has you completing the same challenges over and over for different characters to reach the 250 start points but does not require a great deal of skill.

Enjoyment-5/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sf5e434.png

Platinum #55

Hardwearing

1S785edd.png

Hardware: Rivals

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Suffering

40S7a1cd0.png

Get 1000 Kills

Another fun little Playstation Plus freebie that was kind of an unexpected little gem. Me and a group of friends went into this not knowing what to expect but it proved to be quite a fun little multiplayer vehicle shooter game. I had an advantage going into this with a group of friends in that we knocked out the specific trophies together which made them easier that trying to get them against random people. After this there was a short grind to 1000 and winning 50 games but neither took too long.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S52aa12.png

Platinum #56

Completion

1Sc107bf.png

Final Fantasy X HD

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Perfect Sphere Master

30S792b34.png

Complete The Sphere Grids For All Main Characters

This is by far my favourite Final Fantasy game that I've played surpassing Final Fantasy 7 (Just my opinion). I finished this on the PS2 and had very fond memories of doing so, so when the HD Remaster was released I snatched it up straight away. It definitely took me a long time to get the platinum as I moved onto different games and kept coming back to finish the end game content and grinding. As a platinum this is pretty lengthy but well worth it in every way. It has you complete a brilliant story of around 40-50 hours then move onto the real challenge of the end game. Here you will have to fight all of the hidden bosses (All dark aeons, penance and Ultima) and grind out all of the sphere grid nodes. The sphere grid wouldn't be too bad if you didn't need specific spheres like luck spheres which require a multi step process just to get one. I'm pretty sure this will never be topped as my favourite Final Fantasy game I just wish they'd released the PS4 version with a separate trophy list so I could do it all again properly!

Enjoyment-10/10

Difficulty-5/10

S3a6a48.png

Platinum #57

Validation

1Sb9cd53.png

Ether One

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Lucid

13S6e11da.png

Restored 20 Projectors

Ether One follows a rather unique, strange story. From what I can remember from playing through the game you play as someone who has dementia and is trying to restore their memory through a machine. You play through large, deserted areas that all have a eerie feel and I was constantly expecting some kind of jump scare throughout. The puzzles can be tricky sometimes but there isn't really much of a challenge and the internet is full of walkthroughs for this game.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-2/10

S34c47e.png

Platinum #58

Everything's Ruined

1S5a61ed.png

Super Exploding Zoo!

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Rollin

17S24855e.png

Defeat An Enemy Using Pandas

Super Exploding Zoo is somewhat a puzzle type game with a pretty unique style which involves using animals to blow things up. It's a relatively short game with stages that progressively get harder as you reach the end but there isn't anything too difficult. I'd not heard of this until it was released on Playstation Plus but it was an enjoyable game that didn't take too long to finish. There is a short online section that can be boosted solo if you have a vita. I'm not entirely sure if there is any other way to boost the online solo that's just the way that I did it.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sa40e30.png

Platinum #59

Scorched Saviour

1Se9ceee.png

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The King Of Hell

15S3745d0.png

Complete ALL Challenges

I'm a long time fan of the Saints Row series and Gat Out Of Hell was true to form, playing more like Saints Row 4 than any of the others only in hell this time. This was another Playstation Plus freebie that was welcomed nicely. There isn't too much grinding or difficulty behind that platinum to Gat Out Of Hell much like the other Saints Row games, just a short story and relatively quick platinum.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sa37bab.png

Platinum #60

Complete Hero

1Sbbb7ae.png

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Justice Is Served

32Sd1917c.png

Win Gold In Every Arena In Justice League Mode

Although I seem to slog through most LEGO games that I finish I seem to enjoy most of them. This was still the case in LEGO Batman 2 which I actually enjoyed quite a lot. I remember playing the original LEGO batman and Star Wars on DS and PSP and this lived up to both of them titles in my opinion. Platinum wise this offers pretty much a regular LEGO game trophy list with added things like the Justice League mode but these don't really add any difficulty at all.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S08f254.png

Platinum #61

Agito Achieved

1Sd2dff5.png

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Master Marksman

36S0950de.png

Shot Down 50 Enemies With The "Setzer"

Type-0 wasn't really a great Final Fantasy game in my opinion. I never played the original Japanese version on the PSP so I don't actually know what that was like but I can't really see it being much better. The gameplay was mostly boring and repetitive and I didn't hold any nostalgia for this instalment so it didn't really interest me much. Luckily the level grinding was made easier by the date exploit on the PS4 which meant you could level your class up really quickly to become overpowered.

Enjoyment-4/10

Difficulty-3/10

S96fd71.png

Platinum #62

Thy Flesh Consumed

1Sf903c8.png

Doom

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

What Else Ya Got?

28Scfdf35.png

Complete All Mission Challenges

Originally I didn't intend on playing the new Doom although I did think the setting and new gameplay looked great. I was lucky enough to stumble across the collector's edition for a very good price shortly after release so I gave it a go. The hell setting was great and the fast paced combat made for great gameplay. I tried the multiplayer for a short while to get the trophies and was very pleased, again the fast paced combat makes for a great multiplayer mode. The platinum isn't difficult and is mainly just based around challenges and collectables.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S75ab4d.png

Platinum #63

Virtuoso

1S0baa81.png

Rocket League

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Stocked

2Sce14a7.png

Collect 150 Items

This was a pleasant surprise from Playstation Plus for me as I'm sure it was for a lot of other people as well. The combination of driving and football made for a great competitive online multiplayer and was hours of fun. As a platinum it is relatively easy with a short grind at the end which can just be done by rubber banding your controller.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sf07239.png

Platinum #64 & #65

Kingdom Hearts Master

1S6fc0c8.png1S6fc0c8.png

Kingdom Hearts

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Gummi Ship Collector

46S7bb2a4.png

Obtain All Gummi Ship Blueprints

I was actually really excited about getting to write about platinuming Kingdom Hearts. This is my absolute favourite game of all time. I've easily been through this game over ten times over it's multiple platforms and I never tire of doing it all over and over again. When I found out about the 1.5 Remix coming to PS3 then later to PS4 i was really excited that I could play it all over again but this time with the addition of trophies because I never truly completed it 100% on the PS2. As a platinum Kingdom Hearts requires you to beat the game on the hardest difficulty which isn't too hard if you learn to utilise abilities like guard properly. It then asks you to beat all of the hidden end game bosses of which there are a few. Again these aren't too difficult if you are max level with leaf bracer equipped (Which made these bosses a hundred times easier than the PS2 version). The grind comes with synthesising all of the items in the moogle shop, you will have to farm rare heartless for some of the materials which often take a while to spawn. Finally comes the hardest part in my opinion, the gummi ship blueprints. This was made easier in the PS4 release as you only have to collect some of the blueprints however, in the PS3 version you need to collect every single one. This means you have to complete the level three gummi missions for each then still farm for some others after.

Enjoyment-10/10

Difficulty-5/10

S632e2f.png

Platinum #66

The World Wanderer

1S2b85cf.png

Final Fantasy XV

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Tortoise Toppler 

51S511930.png

Defeat Adamantoise

So I was a little late to the party with Final Fantasy XV as i waited to hear some reviews but still really liked the look of it as a new open world instalment. I played a demo at that years EGX and was really excited about getting as the demo was great. I still prefer the turn based mechanic in Final Fantasy but I thought the real time fighting was still handled great and it played pretty well. I still have mixed feelings about Final Fantasy XV, I didn't hate it by any means but it didn't live up to what I was expecting especially given the amount of time it was in development. Considering it is a Final Fantasy game the end game grind is relatively small and isn't actually too bad and it is also probably the easiest Final Fantasy game to platinum in my opinion.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S11b817.png

Platinum #67

True Grymorian

1S9b1ce4.png

World Of Final Fantasy

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Mirage Master

13S80ad04.png

Recorded Every Last Mirage In The Mirage Manual

Another Final Fantasy game to add to the collection and I must say that this was a refreshing surprise in the franchise. To me World Of Final Fantasy handled more like a Pokemon game where you capture and level up mirages to use in battle against other mirages. I picked this up on release after seeing some gameplay and being interested in this new take on Final Fantasy games. However I never got round to finishing it till I picked it up at a later date to clear the platinum up. As a platinum like most Final Fantasy there is a grinding aspect which requires you to master 100 mirage boards which granted doesn't take too long compared to other Final Fantasy games but is still a slog.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S938c8c.png

Platinum #68

Traveler's Chosen

1S19f138.png

Destiny 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Prestige

13S5fd2e9.png

Complete The Leviathan Raid On Prestige Difficulty

For anyone that has played the original Destiny game they will already know the basics of Destiny 2. Personally I preferred the first game, I was a day one player and continued on to the Rise Of Iron DLC. However after getting the platinum in Destiny 2 I decided to give in. In all honesty I don't think it was a bad game by any means like a lot of people do, I just think that it does get a little repetitive from one weekly reset to the next. If you played the original Destiny the chances are that you will probably get tired of Destiny 2 by the time you've got the platinum. 

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-5/10

S1c4a5d.png

Platinum #69

My Name Is Mayo!

1S54b496.png

My Name Is Mayo

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

An Ingredient To Rule Them All

14Sebe0a1.png

Hit 10,000 Times!

Theres nothing to really say about this other than it is pretty much a clicking simulator with mayo. The platinum can simply be obtained by clicking the mayo jar 10,000 times and a few outfit changes for you jar. This is a really simple and cheap game for anyone just looking for platinums but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Enjoyment-1/10

Difficulty-1/10 

Sc3c92a.png

Platinum #70

All The Goat!

1S271e24.png

Goat Simulator

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Flapmaster

25Se1046d.png

Score 10 Points In Flappy Goat

There isn't much that can really be said about Goat Simulator that isn't already known. I played this on PC a while back before the PS4 release when I saw that it was in a sale i grabbed it just for another go. A few hours of fun can be put into this it's a pretty simple platinum but an all in all hilarious game.

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sfcfd04.png

Platinum #71

Valedictorian

1S1ed149.png

Bully

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Kleptomania

37Sc75195.png

Acquire All Room Trophies

Possibly one of my favourite classic Rockstar games from the PS2 and I'm still not entirely sure why. Bully provides a funny campaign throughout and lots of mini games so that there is always something to do. Although there is a short grind in the end game to get the room trophies, there isn't any difficulty to getting the platinum for this classic. Hopefully a Bully 2 is really in the works!

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sa2c683.png

Platinum #72

Big Adventurer

1S458fc4.png

Little Adventure On The Prairie

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Level 12 Completed

16S01846e.png

Complete Level 12

Yes I might as well say it straight away that this was an easy scummy platinum just like My Name is Mayo but it's also safe to say that I'll never do it again. All that can be really taken from this game is that there needs to be stricter regulations on what games can actually be submitted to the store.

Enjoyment-1/10

Difficulty-1/10

S6a64c4.png

Platinum #73 & #74

Borderlands Defender Round 1.5

1Sf3ec2d.png1Sf3ec2d.png

Borderlands: The Pre- Sequel

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Challenger

32S094322.png

Complete Level 1 of All Challenges With a Single Character

So since the release of Borderlands on the PS3 the franchise has been one of my all time favourites, so when the pre-sequel was released I got it on pre order to play straight away. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit disappointed by the pre- sequel compared to Borderlands 2, but i still did enjoy it a lot, that much so that I went back and got the second platinum from the Handsome Collection. 

Enjoyment-6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S17947c.png

Platinum #75

The Hero Of Heroes

1S4aaccb.png

Ratchet And Clank

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Death By Disco

43S4d3075.png

Use The Groovitron On Every Type Of Enemy

Yet another game that I was interested in playing because of all the good reviews I'd heard that eventually was free on Playstation Plus. In my opinion this remake of the original PS2 Ratchet and Clank was absolutely amazing! I completed three full runs through the game but never tired and would happily do it all again, now I just wish they would remake Ratchet and Clank 2.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-3/10

S3e3da1.png

Platinum #76

TTR Legend!

1S821bee.png

Table Top Racing: World Tour

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Gold! Always Believe In Your Soul!

11S7cbf29.png

Win Every Original Special Event!

I got this game a long time ago as a Playstation Plus freebie and it sat in my library for a long time. Once I'd ran out of games to play i thought I'd give it a try and to my surprise I really enjoyed it. There wasn't too much challenge to the game and very little online trophies which made for a very fun and easy platinum. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a not so serious racing game.

Enjoyment-7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sa06912.png

Platinum #77

Lord Of Ironrath

1S9945a1.png

Game Of Thrones

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Sentinel

49S962b8d.png

Complete Episode 6

Out of all the Telltale games this was my least favourite to play. When it became free on Playstation Plus I took advantage and tried it as i was always interested in playing it but never wanted to pay for it. I played through the first two episodes which i thought were alright but it just didn't do much for me so was put on hold for a while. After that I just played it in the background while doing some work and didn't pay much attention to the story. My opinion is based off someone who has never watched Game of Thrones before so maybe someone who has seen it may relate to it more but I just didn't really enjoy it too much.

Enjoyment-3/10

Difficulty-1/10

S0ba277.png

Platinum #78

Earn All Trophies

1S5b871b.png

Secret Of Mana

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Complete The Guide

34S9e4869.png

Complete The Guide

I never played the original SNES version of secret of mana so when I heard that Square Enix were releasing a remastered version for the PS4 I was a little excited. At first i wasn't too keen on the art style of the remaster, it kind of reminded me of World of Final Fantasy, but eventually it did grow on me a little and i learnt to put up with it. However, what i never learnt to put up with was the end game grind to complete the guide. The amount of missable items in the end game that have stupidly low drop rates is crazy and just drove me to dislike the game. Overall I wasn't too impressed with the remaster of Secret of Mana especially as it is considered to be one of the best JRPGs of all time.

Enjoyment-5/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sd77a12.png

Platinum #79

Done Done Done

1S853664.png

Jak 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Collectationator!

41Sada037.png

Collect 286 Precursor Orbs

Jak 2 is a game that I struggled to get along with, I started this after finishing the first from the PS3 collection and immediately found that i wasn't a fan so moved onto the third. Anyway after leaving this sat in my backlog for far too many years i found out about the debug mode. Although I agree that debug does ruin what is probably a good game, i just couldn't get along with it so this was the only way that i would get the platinum.

Enjoyment- 1/10

Difficulty-1/10

Sef1aad.png

Platinum #80

100% Clear

1Sf37106.png

Watch Dogs

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Social Lubricant

32Sdc4eb6.png

Complete Level 3 Of All 10 Dinking Game Opponents

This is yet another game that sat in my backlog for a long time after my save file got corrupted so it meant stating the game from the beginning just to get two trophies. Overall the platinum isn't hard at all, there are quite a few collectables that require you to complete small tasks like the CTOS breaches where you have to hack four different boxes in a location. Some of these collectables can be a little tricky but it's nothing too difficult. Add onto this are a small amount of online trophies that are relatively simple but maybe quite hard now the game is getting old.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S3dc926.png

Platinum #81

KINGDOM HEARTS III Complete Master

1Sa7d0c1.png

Kingdom Hearts

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Synthesist

19S460e4f.png

Complete The Synthesis Section Of The Gummiphone

There is a lot to be said about Kingdom Hearts 3, not all good but definitely not bad but a long shot. So I like many people have waited years for the new Kingdom Hearts game to be released and it did not disappoint by any means! The worlds were vast and a lot more detailed than in other Kingdom Hearts entries and the combat flowed beautifully throughout. My favourite world was the new Pirates Of The Caribbean world given how vast it was and how much there was to do within a single level. However, it is safe to say that I was let down with some of the minor details in Kingdom Hearts 3 that make a massive difference to long time fans. First of all the lack of endgame content mainly in the form of optional bosses. All of the Kingdom Hearts games that I've played to date have featured difficult end game bosses that require you to have the best equipment and as high a level as possible. In Kingdom Hearts 3 this seems to have disappeared apart from the one "Boss" being Dark Inferno who you can literally fight off like a normal enemy, especially with the ultima weapon. This did leave me a little disappointed especially as i like the challenge. Also I was slightly disappointed in some of the combat. Don't get me wrong the combat looks and feels amazing, but on the other hand it didn't feel right to me as a Kingdom Hearts game. There was no strategy or technique behind any of the fights. Proper dodging and blocking was replaced with hammering X and escaping situations using the reaction commands and formation changes. Despite all of this I did enjoy the experience from start to finish and I'm glad to say that this time the platinum didn't completely exhaust the game and only took around 40 hours and a singly play through. Kingdom Hearts 3 still doesn't beat the first game for me but I don't think that anything ever will, and I look forward to any future instalments or DLC.

Enjoyment- 9/10

Difficulty-2/10

S7364fb.png

Platinum #82

The N. Trepid Crash Bandicoot

1S0d280f.png

Crash Bandicoot

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Practice Makes Perfect

18S6bdb47.png

Earn 26 Relics (Gold Or Better)

When the release of the N. Sane trilogy came I excited by the look of the remastered Crash games and did want to give them a go. After putting it on hold till i got the games for a good price and had a reasonable amount of time on my hands, I started the first Crash game and was pleasantly surprised. At first the game did seem a bit tricky, especially getting to grips with the perception of things and how far to jump, but once i got used to it the game wasn't too difficult. After finishing all the levels I went back and got all the gems, again nothing too hard but some of the coloured gems did prove to be a little but annoying. Then came the speed run relics... I'd already finished the first five or so and didn't think too much of them, then I started to get into the later levels. Just a few to mention that were particularly tricky for me being, Road to Nowhere, Sunset Vista, The Lab, The High Road and Native fortress. Some of these levels were absolute hell to speed run especially for me as I'm not a seasoned Crash player in any sense. Funnily enough I didn't have much trouble with slippery climb which only took me around 5 tries to get the gold but the levels mentioned before took me hours at a time. I am going to try and go for Stormy Ascent and then I think I'm going to move on to Crash Warped and work my way back to 2 as Warped seems to be the easier of the two.

Enjoyment- 8/10

Difficulty-6/10

S38044f.png

Platinum #83

ONRUSH

1S411975.png

Onrush

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Geared Up

20Se1c49f.png

Collect 250 or More Gear Items

I got Onrush when it was free on the Playstation Store thinking that it looked a lot like a Motorstorm game. Once I started to play it I quickly realised that it wasn't and didn't really involve any racing at all but the first few hours were pretty enjoyable and bagged me quite a few quick trophies in the process. As the game went on and I came towards the last few events it really started to slow down for me and maxing out my "Superstar" rating became a massive drag. There are only around five game modes in Onrush and not many more maps so constantly playing them over and over becomes boring after a short amount of time. Anyway after this was done there was a relatively short grind to the 50 checkmate medals and 250 gear items but what only took around fifteen ours to platinum definitely felt like a lot, lot longer.

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sff4cbc.png

Platinum #84

Hip Hop Hero

1S4d5670.png

Parappa The Rapper Remastered

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Remix Edition

25S32a9b2.png

Find The Secrets In Every Stage

I've been on a little streak recently cleaning up some of my backlog that was close to being finished. Parappa had been sat in my collection with a couple of trophies for a very long time just because of how buggy and broken this game is. One was the stage 4 cool rating trophy and the other was remix edition. Now anyone that has played this mess of a remaster probably knows the nightmare that is cheap cheap on stage 4. This horrible mess of a level is so out of time that you're better off just inputting notes whenever you want because you'll probably fail it anyway. Getting into cool probably took around 50+ attempts and that is being modest I'd say. Moving on to remix edition, I had to delete my save and complete the game fully around five times as well as replaying all the levels to the point where I knew every word to every song, and trust me thats not healthy. I can honestly say that I think the PSP version of this game that I played around ten years ago actually performed better than this remaster.

Enjoyment- 3/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sd79a36.png

Platinum #85

Borderlands Defender

1S7dcded.png

Borderlands (PS4)

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Ding! Champion

28Sd1fb13.png

Earned Level 50

After hearing the news of Borderlands remastered being released just in time for Borderlands 3 i had to get it on release. I loved the first game and it sparked my interest in the series so I couldn't wait to replay the story. As much as I do love this game I did find some sections boring having played them a few times through already but it did still really enjoy my time playing through it again. Admittedly I do still need to go back and finish the DLC but I really can't bring myself to do the Moxxi DLC so it probably won't be anytime soon.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Se3bc1d.png

Platinum #86

To Crush All Trophies Beneath Sandeled Feet

1S33a204.png

Conan Exiles

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The Tower Of The Elephant

25S0c9b16.png

Kill Something By Standing On Its Head

Another Playstation Plus freebie that I'd probably have never touched if it wasn't free and a very easy platinum. It only took me around two hours with the moderator commands but I'm kind of glad they existed because I'd have never stuck this out to completion without them. I know there is quite a large community behind this game as I found out trying to do the "Tower of the Elephant" trophy, but it just doesn't appeal to me much.

Enjoyment- 3/10

Difficulty-2/10

Sc8b555.png

Platinum #87

The N. Vincible Crash Bandicoot

1S2e5197.png

Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Boo-Yah, Grandma! Boo-Yah!

17S63d0ac.png

Earn 30 Relics (Gold Or Better)

After finishing the first Crash game I decided to go straight for the third as it is supposedly easier than the second. I've got to say this beats the first game for me and i'd say is the best example of a perfected crash game. Admittedly some of the time trials were quite challenging but they weren't a scratch on the ones from the first Crash game. I loved all the different vehicle levels and the amount of variation between the different ones. This game is just perfection and is one of my all time favourites.

Enjoyment- 9/10

Difficulty-5/10

Saacf5e.png

Platinum #88

Human

1Se2a335.png

Human Fall Flat

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Speedrun

12Sd4e020.png

Complete The Game Start-To-End In One Run

This was a game recommended to me by a friend that we began playing and finished together, then I carried on to finish the platinum myself. It is admittedly a very fun game for a while and is a lot of fun to play with a friend or a full online game. The whole span of the game including the DLC can be done in around two hours if speedrunning through, but getting used to the controls and learning how to climb are pretty crucial. Some of the miscellaneous trophies can be pretty fun to go back and do but overall the difficulty is pretty low. 

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sd3af23.png

Platinum #89

Your Royal Eggsellence

1Sb744a6.png

Realm Royale

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Royale Master

18S5bbf2b.png

Get 10 Crown Royales

Realm Royale was my first battle royale game experience and for the first few hours playing duos or squads with friends was actually a lot of fun. Granted the platinum doesn't take too long in Realm Royale but the small grind that I had towards the end for the 10 wins and 50 kills for each character did seem to drag quite a bit but wasn't too bad. The game does look a lot like Fortnite and probably does perform the same but I've never actually played it. Overall for a free game I did really enjoy the experience. 

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S6dcb9f.png

Platinum #90

VE

1S559974.png

Call Of Duty: WWII

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Dark Reunion

43S775f6f.png

In The Final Reich, Save Klaus

I can't actually believe how happy I was to finally enjoy a Call Of Duty game again. Me and a friend started to play this a little online and I actually started to enjoy it quite a lot so decided to play through the campaign. I started on veteran and found that I didn't struggle much at all, all the way through. The campaign isn't too long and reminded me a lot of the original Call Of Duty World At War game, it is a stripped back versions of a COD game not like most of the new ones. On to the most challenging part of the platinum which is the zombie trophies. I loved the new zombie mode, having an actually story and being difficult to complete properly made it a lot better than the old zombies that just focused on rounds. The only problem is trying to do the easter eggs with randoms. The new zombies definitely takes 2-3 people to do the hard easter egg without a massive struggle, without them other people that actually know what to do this is next to impossible. After around 100 games I finally managed to find a group of randoms that knew what to do and we managed to get through the hard easter egg easily.

Enjoyment- 8/10

Difficulty-7/10

Sd24d1d.png

Platinum #91

Tropico 5 Platinum Trophy

1Sacbed6.png

Tropico 5

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Hope

7S7baafd.png

Completed "Hope"

Tropico was a game that I started a long time ago when it was free with Playstation plus one month with a few friends. Most of us did give up on it pretty quickly but I did find some aspects of it quite fun. Anyway after it been sat in my backlog for a long time because of some of the campaign being pretty challenging I decided to download it again to try and finish it. I started the campaign again from the beginning as I'd forgotten how to play the game but actually found myself enjoying it a lot. The campaign is tricky in some parts but very fun and I found myself playing it for a few days to completion and eventually to the platinum.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-3/10

S42f50a.png

Platinum #92

All The Ways Out

1Sa8c389.png

A Way Out

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Mayday!

8S6e35ea.png

You Almost Took To The Skies

I saw quite a few people getting the platinum for this and saying how much they enjoyed playing it with a friend, so with the introduction of EA access I decided to give it a go. I have to say that I don't really share everyones opinion on this, me and my friend completed this in the same day and I really didn't get the enjoyment that I thought I would from it. The gameplay is a little boring, the story excluding a few sections isn't really that exciting and I also feel like a few sections were ripped right from Prison Break. Maybe I was just disappointed because I'd built it up in my head but I didn't enjoy it and I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-2/10

S3ce211.png

Platinum #93

Ultimate Vault Hunter

1S0dc4a8.png

Borderlands 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Getting A Little On The Side

23Sfccade.png

Complete All Side Missions

So it has finally arrived after the long awaited build up since the release of the rather disappointing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and the hype surrounding this series instalment was massive. This game was set to be the return to form to what was great about Borderlands 2 and I'd say on most levels the accomplished this. A lot of the elements from 2 were definitely present here and the game felt a lot like 2 in most cases which kept me pretty happy for the most part. However, something did feel off about this in some way or another. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the experience but a few things just weren't right for me personally compared to the other games. I felt like a major problem was how buggy the game was from the start. I never bought this title on release like I have done with the other Borderlands games and I was still shocked to find how many bugs and glitches there were still present three weeks after launch. Saying that though I do respect how much work Gearbox put into their community, they have been outstanding in the weeks leading up to the release of the game and are very much in touch with the community to resolve problems now the game is out. Another problem I had was the size of the maps, having played the old games these seemed absolutely huge and without a vehicle some took a long time to traverse. Again though this was sort of compensated for with multiple catch-a-ride stations per map and the new fast travel to anywhere feature (which may I add is one of the best things to happen to the series). From a trophy hunting stand point, these huge maps made things difficult in discovering all the locations or getting the collectibles. Apart from the two minor points I've just mentioned I thought the game was great and I can't wait to see what DLC they have to offer (Hopefully something along the lines of Assault On Dragons Keep).

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-4/10

S4050d6.png

Platinum #94

King Of Medici

1S75d91a.png

Just Cause 3

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Winner Takes It All, Again

40S9f22f0.png

100% Just Cause 3

Another PS Plus freebie that has been sat in my backlog for a very long time. I tried a couple of times to start the game but never really got into it properly until recently when I had nothing to play and I thought to give it a try again. The story overall wasn't very long at all and was pretty repetitive most of the way through. I got the most enjoyment in the end game of Just Cause 3, there are so many challenges, collectables and bases to liberate to get 100% in the game. I saw a lot of people complaining about how difficult the wingsuit challenges were however, I really didn't find much difficulty in any of them (None that took me more than 5 attempts). The collecting did get a little tiresome towards the end of the platinum but it wasn't a massive grind overall.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-5/10

Sb73233.png

Platinum #95

Masterful

1S89c3a4.png

Sky Scrappers

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

A Tale Of Tales

2S51875d.png

Complete All Single Player Campaigns

So I used my free 7 day PS Now trial so I thought I'd use it to clear up some of my PS3 backlog and to get through some quick and easy games to put me closer to 100 platinums. I remember playing Sky Scrappers at EGX one year before it came out and thought it was a cool idea. The game has two ways of winning a round, either getting to the top of the tower before anyone else or by beating the enemy like in a traditional fighter. This makes for a very fast paced fighting game like one that I'd never played before and it was pretty fun for a while. I only played enough to finish the platinum and it did get pretty repetitive towards the end so I'm not planning on playing it any longer but it was alright. 

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-2/10

S613304.png

Platinum #96

Ruler Of Earth

1S025a7f.png

Destroy All Humans

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Food For Thought

36S0668c6.png

Extract 250 Brains From Living Humans

I remember playing this back on the PS2 and not getting very far but then again I was really young, so when I got the chance to play it again on PS Now I was pretty excited. Playing this reminded me a lot of replaying the Bully port on PS4 and I really think the game held up all this time later. The gameplay was fun and not too repetitive and there was lots of humour throughout my play through. Towards the end the grind gets pretty boring especially collecting the 250 extracted brains however, there weren't many collectibles so this kind of made up for it. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming remaster next year and might put some time into finishing Destroy All Humans 2.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-3/10

S510823.png

Platinum #97

Kingdom Hearts 2 Master

1S599a69.png

Kingdom Hearts 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Critical Competitor

2S55c490.png

Clear The Game On Critical

So as I slowly approach my 100th platinum I thought I'd start focusing a lot more on the games that I'd like to finish towards the end. Kingdom Hearts 2 had been on my list for a very long time (both the PS3 and PS4 version) and I saw the complete collection on sale, so I decided to pick it up and jump back into KH2. Although it still isn't my favourite Kingdom Hearts game I do still love the second instalment and it is one of my top games of all time, just behind KH 1 and FFX. I thought the critical play through would be a lot easier than in KH 1 because of things like the drive forms and reflect however, I definitely faced a lot more problems that in number 1. Maybe it is because I know KH 1 better and the fighting style is more basic but I struggled with quite a few of the bosses throughout the game and found myself having to grind levels just to get by them. After playing this I might make DDD my #100 as I did always want to get a Kingdom Hearts game there but don't want to play KH2 again too soon on the PS3.

Enjoyment- 10/10

Difficulty-6/10

S1b8a08.png

Platinum #98

Platinum

1Sab2bb5.png

Defunct

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Aah, Heck No!

14Sf26c1c.png

Get a Platinum In Time Trial On All Maps

So I picked Defunct up purely based on the fact that it was 19p in the Playstation Store and I was bored of the games I was currently playing. To my surprise this actually caught me off guard, obviously it wasn't a masterpiece for 19p but it also wasn't a bad game by any means. Defunct has you playing as a robot that travels by it's wheel like a unicycle and the objective is pretty much to race through to the end of the one sprawling environment that changes as you progress. The game doesn't really throw any difficulty at you until the end game time trials. Some of these can be done pretty easily but most of the take some time and planning. Overall Defunct was definitely worth the money I paid for it and was good fun for the day that it took me to finish. Also on a cool side not I am the 6th fastest achiever of the platinum currently. 

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S0ee44b.png

Platinum #99

A New Hope

1S37290b.png

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Collector

3Sc26368.png

Collect All Chests And Secrets

I got this game along with anthem for free and I had no intention to play it until i had it. I have to say i'm glad I did give it a go as the story and gameplay were great and everything up till the endgame I loved. However, after the story is finished the slog to the platinum is pretty boring. There are over 250 collectables needed for the platinum and literally no endgame content in the for of super bosses like I'd hoped. Having this play out like kingdom hearts where a main portion of the game is actually in the end game would have been great and is actually what I expected. I also expected some sort of gear system where you would get drops from enemies and would need to work your way up to being more powerful, this again did not happen. My last big disappointment with the game came with the amount of bugs and crashes I came across throughout my play through. Overall it was a good game but the bugs and lack of endgame do really stop it from being great.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sc4da58.png

Platinum #100

Ultimate Sim Guru

1Se5288a.png

The Sims 4

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Triple Play

47S762cd0.png

Have a Sim Give Birth To Triplets

So we finally made it here... #100 platinums! it has been a long but mostly enjoyable journey, and I tried to play a lot of games that I liked rather than just for trophies. So Playstation Plus this month brought The Sims 4, a game I've been wanting to try for a while so I thought I'd just give it a go and finish it after I had my 100th platinum. Anyway I found an insane guide that could literally have you finishing this game in under 3 hours, so I thought I'd just have a crack at it in one night. To be honest doing the game this way did sour the experience because I'm sure it is a great game but following the guide you just perform menial tasks and quickly get the platinum. I might go back and put some time into this to see what it really plays like but for now I'll leave it and finish something else. Also when I finished it I peaked at 11th fastest on the leaderboards which is cool!

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-2/10

Sc036ae.png

Platinum #101

Champion Of Champions

1S7bf9af.png

Paladins

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Last One Standing

7S3a7637.png

Be The Last Player Alive In A Match

Just a note for anyone thinking about trying this, the state of the game has changed a lot since any guides were written.

I can’t compare this game to Overwatch because I’ve never properly played it but it is somewhat of an Overwatch clone made in a free to play setting. The good thing is this isn’t really pay to win at all and the purchasable credit can just be spent on cosmetics and new champions. Saying that there is a weekly rotation of different champions so you can play a good number of different ones each week.

The hardest trophy here is definitely “Last one standing” which requires you to be the only person left alive in a game. This used to be easy considering the game had an elimination mode where only one person was left alive at the end. This mode is now gone forcing you to either get very lucky against bots with this or to boost it with 10 players and hope you find them in a game together.

The most grindy trophy requires you to unlock 60 talents, which means levelling all the characters on your weekly rotation up to level 8 and farming lots of gold to level up the locked characters for that week. This also used to be different in an earlier version of the game because you could just buy talents making it a lot quicker. This is the only reason the game took me over a month to finish.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sf4c29c.png

Platinum #102

#UniteInSpeed

1S588abd.png

Driveclub

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Credit Where Its Due

27S2ccc43.png

Reach Level 6 In One Of Each Accolade

I started Driveclub over 4 years ago when it was free on Playstation Plus and did enjoy what it was and how it played. I'm not a massive fan of racing games, because I'm not great at them, but do prefer more arcade style racers as opposed to more serious ones like Driveclub. On a whole it uses the same serious tone as Gran Turismo and opts for a more serious approach which would usually put me off, but I gave it a chance and actually did enjoy what I played for the most part. Eventually I ended up buying the full version of the game and so got the Driveclub tour which was great fun to play through and not even I found it too difficult. I tried a few of the free DLC's but didn't buy any as I thought I probably wouldn't finish them anyway. So in recent weeks it was announced that the servers would be closing for the game rendering some trophies unobtainable. I'd always planned to revisit this title to finish it so I suppose this gave me the motivation. What was left for me was a decent grind to level 50 and to get the accolades to level 6 (This involved playing over 500 drift events). I've got to admit this wasn't fun but a lot of the events that I went back and played to get some extra DLC trophies were great and I did actually enjoy a lot of this racing game.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sed1892.png

Platinum #103

Strider Master

1Sbf7dcb.png

Strider

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Special Class-A

10S197a62.png

Complete The Game In Under 4 Hours

So recently I've decided to take on a big Playstation Plus backlog clean up starting with the Driveclub platinum that I already got and then moving onto other games from years past that I started and never finished. I always knew Strider was a relatively quick platinum with a low achiever percentage so I thought I'd finally get around to finishing it off. I started with Strider around 4 years ago and didn't even get half way through the story despite it being a pretty short game, so when returning I just decided to start a completely new game on hard and do a collectibles run through. Doing it this way makes the game so much easier as the collectibles give you stat boosts like more health making the second half of the game a cakewalk even on hard. So my first play through took me around 10 hours to do the majority of the trophies then I moved onto my speedrun (Sub 4 hours) on normal difficulty. I managed this in around 2 and a half hours but found it a lot more challenging because I didn't have anywhere near as many upgrades, this made the bosses more difficult but nothing too challenging because they all have pretty simple patterns. After all this was done I still had to max out the hit meter 25 time which I did quickly in the first half of the game on easy. 

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-5/10

S5a98de.png

Platinum #104

War General

1Sf178f0.png

War Theatre: Blood Of Winter

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

War Treasury

13S0e07fa.png

Obtain 25000 From Career Quest Rewards

I found out about this little game from a forum post and someone said it was an easy free platinum from the American store so I decided to give it a go. War Theatre is a strategy game so from the start its not my kind of game but I still thought because it is short that I'll finish it. I really didn't enjoy much of what I played but I do appreciate that for a free game it did everything that it should and it did perform well. The platinum pretty much consists of completing 20 missions and the rest comes along with it. The trophies are really easy but they are boring, then again they can be done in around 2 hours and you get a free platinum.

Enjoyment- 3/10

Difficulty-2/10

S628d36.png

Platinum #105

True Wizard

1S410111.png

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

You're The Best

16S6f4fd0.png

Complete The Game To 100%

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to have this finally completed on my list, it might sound stupid to a lot of people because it's easy but this game has been sat there uncompleted for over 6 years! Despite going back to this numerous times and completely starting it again on Playstation now, I could never bring myself to just carry on through to completion with it. The story levels seemed to drag for me, especially having played them all around three times to get all of the collectibles, so I really struggled to get through that and then theres the free roam. Although I think the idea of this free roam is great, In fact one of the best I've ever seen in a Lego game, Managing the collectibles can be an absolute nightmare as Hogwarts is so difficult to navigate at times. All I can say is I'm really glad to have this out of the way and I can safely say I won't be playing anymore Lego Harry Potter Games.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-2/10

Sbd3d20.png

Platinum #106

The N. Credible Crash Bandicoot!

1Sb41b3d.png

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Wumpa-Burner Engaged!

19S0fbf23.png

Earn 27 relics (Gold Or Better)

I'm so glad to have wrapped up the Crash Trilogy after over a year of trying on and off with Crash 2. For me it is the worst game out of the three but not by a big margin, I do just prefer the other two they seem more varied in level design and more entertaining, but thats just my opinion. I seemed to be stuck in a place around Bee-Having where I just didn't want to finish this title so I left it for a long time and then just got really bad at Crash again. Trophy wise this is literally just the same list as the other two games with a few different miscellaneous trophies along the way. It still remains that the hardest trophy is the one for getting the relics which I'm sure is no surprise to anyone. A lot of the relics came pretty naturally to be honest but a few did stick out badly for me and took a while, but I expected that anyway. The snow levels and levels which involved riding polar did stand out as bad ones in the relic runs. Anyway now that it's done I might try to go for the Crash Team Racing platinum as I do love the original and I've been meaning to play it properly anyway.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-5/10

S837011.png

Platinum #107

Just Another Day At The Office

1Sd640b8.png

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Best Of The Best

48Sda7f3e.png

Beat IW Best Time On Ship Training Course In "F.N.G" (15.1 Sec)

So I recently bought myself a another Playstation 3 as my old one is just about dead and started up a little Call of Duty marathon with Modern Warfare 2. After finishing the campaign of Modern Warfare 2 I remembered that I had Modern Warfare Remastered in my Playstation 4 library so I thought I'd download it and have a little nostalgia trip. I did actually play this when I was way to young backing on its original release in 2007 and remember most of it pretty fondly. Playing through some of its iconic missions like "All Ghillied Up" felt the same as being a kid playing back when I was seven and it was a pretty cool experience. I don't keep up to date with new Call Of Duty games but I did enjoy this and it sparked an interested that I'm going to pick back up on and I hope to revisit some of the older Playstation 3 titles soon and complete them.

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-3/10

Seca8e6.png

Platinum #108

Dream Drop Distance Master

1Sb4c851.png

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Record Keeper

2S5f92b1.png

Achieve 100% completion in Combat, Story, Items, and Game Records

What began as one of my least favourite Kingdom Hearts games soon turned out to be one of the best, especially in terms of combat. From starting Dream Drop Distance shortly after Kingdom Hearts 2.8, I couldn't for the life of me get along with how the game played or dropping between Riku and Sora. Every time I tried to restart the game because I'd ignored it again, I'd completely forgotten most of the main mechanics. Anyway, like most of my gaming efforts, I finally dug this up from my backlog and decided to invest some proper time into playing it. I quickly learned that after getting through Traverse Town, which I found to be probably the slowest world the first time round, the game plays amazingly and the combat is very fast due to the flowmotion. I think this was a great addition and I adore the flowmotion, it just speeds the game up from the start where Kingdom Hearts games can feel a little sluggish. In terms of the platinum this is a little grindy but in terms of a Kingdom Hearts game, it's one of the quickest. The main story can be finished really quickly and balloon spam makes any challenge an absolute joke. I would absolutely recommend Dream Drop Distance to anyone looking to get into Kingdom Hearts or any fan that has never played it before.

Enjoyment- 8/10

Difficulty-4/10

S3b5f25.png

Platinum #109

Know-All

1Se7ab7a.png

Knowledge Is Power

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Veteran

9S8b584b.png

Play Thirty Games

This was the first of the Playstation playlink titles that I had played, which for me was an interesting idea. I bought this during lockdown for me and my family for a bit of fun, and it was at first but it quickly got boring and the platinum turned pretty sour. To say the hardest trophy for me was to play thirty games kind of tells you how tedious this can be. Questions become really easy and playing on your own to get through unskipable dialogue is an absolute drag. To say this is an ultra rare platinum this is very easy but it can get very tedious if you're playing on your own.

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-2/10

Sddca2c.png

Platinum #110

4 Play

1S6a7c7e.png

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

The First Million Is Always The Hardest

41Sc05e39.png

Have One Million Bolts Banked

Recently I thought I'd bust out my PS3 again and clean up some easy old titles that I never properly finished. This was first on my list having been sat at around 70% for over five years. Although I don't think all 4 one is a bad game, I definitely don't appreciate it as much as a regular Ratchet and Clank game, easily being one of the worst in the series for me. It is riddled from head to toe in stupid AI and bugs as if you play this solo, like I did, the AI acts as your partner. I never got the opportunity to play this in proper co-op but I do imagine it could have been quite fun. Anyway this still sparked my interest in Ratchet and Clank again and may encourage me to pick up the original trilogy again soon despite it being so expensive.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sde33ae.png

Platinum #111

Burnout Paradise Elite

1S510bfe.png

Burnout Paradise Remastered

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Earn Your "Burnout" Driving License

16S929357.png

Awarded When Your Receive Your "Burnout" Driving License

Burnout Paradise is a game I played some years ago when it released on PS3 and was king of looking forward to trying it again on the PS4. So when there was a recent discount on EA play I thought I'd make the most of the opportunity and jump into Burnout. At first this was exactly as I remember, quick races, arcade gameplay and breaking billboards. This did soon turn bland as you constantly compete in the same events over and over to rank up your license. I think the total amount of races you need to completely upgrade your license is nearly 100 which doesn't sound too bad of a grind, but considering they are all practically the same it soon gets boring. In terms of the platinum this is pretty easy with the small grind I just mentioned, some free roam based trophies and a small amount of online trophies only taking around 15 hours in total. Another thing to note is this does actually have a great soundtrack but every time you start the game you are greeted with paradise city by Guns N Roses which definitely gets very annoying quicky.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-3/10

S3a361a.png

Platinum #112

He Went Commando

1Se52f7e.png

Ratchet & Clank 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Destruction Time

4Sccab28.png

All Weapons, All Fully Upgraded

So this was the very first game I played on my PS2 that I got on the first Christmas of its release. I class this as an absolute masterpiece of a game and the very best Ratchet and Clank up to date. Playing back through every level I could remember it all in massive detail and nothing had really changed since the very first time I played it. Platinum wise this is a pretty standard list for a Ratchet and Clank game which consists of completing the story, getting all of this skill points and gold bolts, and having all of the weapons maxed out. I have to admit this did feel a little grindy getting all of the weapons maxed out and it did take nearly 2 full playthroughs but I really didn't mind any extra time I spent playing this title. I'd happily do it all again if they released a remake and I plray to god that they do soon.

Enjoyment- 9/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sd8a6f7.png

Platinum #113

The Collector

1S58ebc4.png

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Ironmadman

16S735701.png

Hoverboot 112 Miles, Run 26.2 Miles and Hoverboot Glide for 2.4 miles across all game modes

So before I started Full Frontal Assault I kind of knew what I was getting myself into. I knew that most people considered this to be the worst title in the series but in the name of getting all the Ratchet & Clank plats, it had to be done. Anyway so I started this without doing much research or knowing what it was, just assuming that it would be like any normal Ratchet & Clank game. Oh how I couldn't have been more wrong! So Full Frontal Assault is a base defence game where you take control as Ratchet who has to capture the enemies main base then defend your own against hordes of enemies to restore a planetary defence system. On paper the idea doesn't seem too bad but the game is very repetitive and should never have been set in the Ratchet & Clank world. However, my main flaw has to be the Ironmadman trophy and oh my is this painful. It simply requires you to use each form of movement extensively which doesn't sound too bad but it also doesn't tell you that you won't even do half of the travelling after getting every other trophy in the game. Eventually I found a way to rubber band my controller to rack up the miles after hoverbooting around the first level for hours. Anyway that is one more Ratchet & and Clank game knocked off my list so on to the next!

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-3/10

Sb5c8ce.png

Platinum #114

Time To Sleep

1Se1769b.png

Brink

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Tough As Nails

8S0497eb.png

Win all storyline campaign missions (not including What-If missions) playing either Online Versus, or in Hard mode

I had a recent conversation with a friend about playing Brink when it released in 2011, we both had very different memories of playing the game but I was certain that I remember playing this great team based shooter that I loved but also remember putting it down because of the mission "Early Launch". After this conversation I checked my trophy list for Brink and realised that I wasn't too far from getting that platinum so though I would try and pick up where I left off and clean it up. Rather than buying the game back I played it from scratch on PS now so had to start everything fresh. As bad as this sounds Brink isn't a very long game at all and I had most of both the story mission done within a day. Going back to the dreaded early launch mission I did have some struggles the first few runs and it was exactly as difficult as I remember. With the multiplayer being absolutely dead, I had to play the missions on hard mode which I believe made the mission even harder. After a few runs I managed to knock early launch out by the skin of my teeth but it was finally done so most of the trophies were complete. After this there was a pretty big grind to get all of the audio logs. This involved running the same mission over and over in private matches till they were all unlocked, it also meant playing through the entire story again. All in all I still think Brink is a great game that I would love to see something similar to on current generation consoles 

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-5/10

S43a13c.png

Platinum #115

Don't You Have Anything Better To Do?

1S66d0e9.png

Undertale

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Dognation Level 15

30Sb0fe67.png

Donate 350G To The Dog Shrine

After hearing the massive hype over undertale for years on end and seeming like the only person to never play it, I decided I needed to break this and give it a go while it was on PS now. Unfortunately it really didn't live up to expectations for me. I did really enjoy the humour and did find myself laughing throughout the story, but for me the gameplay just lacked and I found myself bored most of the time despite the story only being very short. Another downfall for me came that the trophy list didn't require you to finish the story so I had absolutely no incentive to carry on after the trophies were done. Anyway, after 2 partial playthroughs I got the platinum and put the game to bed. 

Enjoyment- 5/10

Difficulty-2/10

S704be3.png

Platinum #116

Perfectionist

1S3d93b9.png

Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Tips Collector

46S11202f.png

Obtain All Tips

I can't quite remember if this was part of PS now or PS plus but I do remember seeing it at first and thinking what a weak game to add to the lineup, until I kept seeing gameplay videos online and realised it wasn't a serious olympics game. Instead this played out more like the Mario and Sonic games which I loved as a kid so I jumped in. For a while this game is pretty good and I did actually enjoy myself however, after a short time it does get pretty boring and there are only a select hand full of games that I actually found fun. This made grinding the tips out at the end a chore as you have to play each game multiple times to earn them. All in this has opened my eyes to olympics games and I wold definitely be tempted to try some of the others in the future. 

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S9c9e72.png

Platinum #117

Pure Platinum

1S5dcec8.png

Pure

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Pure Perfection

26Se07d8d.png

Come First In Every Event In The Pure World Tour

Here is an absolute gem from my childhood on the PS3. After scrolling through my backlog I had a quick browse at Pure and assumed it would be unobtainable with there being online trophies and it being so old. Much to my excitement, I discovered it was very much still achievable so I went out and picked a copy up for £2 and picked up where I left off 8 years ago. Luckily for me I'd almost finished all of the main world tour stars so just had to clean up the remaining ones. However, there is a trophy for completing the world tour with only aa certain amount of races being played, obviously I'd already exceeded this so had to go back and play the world tour all over again, which I didn't mind for nostalgia reasons. The online trophies only took about an hour with a boosting partner so this was even better. 

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-4/10

Sac2f8f.png

Platinum #118

Dragon Keep Assaulted

1Sc74cb2.png

Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragons Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Challenge Accepted

2Se23a68.png

Complete The First Rank Of All Non-Level Specific Challenges With A Single Character

Previous to the new Tiny Tina game releasing, this little stand alone gem was announced. My favourite DLC from one of my all time favourite games being re-released with a few slight twists really made me happy. This is one of them games that I would keep replaying every time they brought out a new trophy list. Anyway this was Tiny Tina's assault on Dragons Keep but with new levelling and still upgrades and also with new enemy drops. Although this doesn't sound like much, as someone who has been playing Borderlands since release and playing Borderlands 2 regularly since its release, these changes were very welcome. 

Enjoyment- 8/10

Difficulty-3/10

S3741b5.png

Platinum #119

Master Thief

1S20c3cb.png

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

100% Pure Cooper

36Sb4b347.png

Complete 100% Of The Game

My final game from the Sly Cooper trilogy, one that has been in the making for around 10 years. To say this was a slog for me is an understatement. I'd finished the first two Sly games years previously and the dabbled in the third just after but never picked it up again. I was honestly sick of seeing such an easy platinum sat there in the low percentages so decided to revisit it in the PS now collection. By doing this I had to start it again completely from scratch which annoyed me even more but I managed to get it done pretty quickly. Some of the end game mission genuinely proved to be quite annoying for me at times which I thought was quite funny.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S75c7e8.png

Platinum #120

I'll Get Everything Back!

1S261213.png

Tekken 7

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Hot-Blooded Fighter

33Sd42a49.png

Got Promoted To Warrior

Tekken is and always will be one of my all time favourite fighting games and I did actually play Tekken 7 before it released at EGX so I was excited when this came free on PS plus. I still think this game is great but in more recent years i've moved more towards Street Fighter games and have become more used to their faster pace. This made everything here feel sluggish and slow but as time progressed I did get used to it again. As always in Tekken I donned my main Yoshimitsu for as much of the platinum as possible which once again was great even though he is now a squid. 

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S05e08a.png

Platinum #121, #122 & #123

Ultimate Fall Guy

1S6f51df.png

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Track Star

15Sff58bb.png

Get First Place In A Racing Round 20 Times

Where too start with this... I remember seeing this release and thinking that it wasn't for me and would be taken over by kids like fortnite was, but then started to see how it was taking off online and then it was absolutely everywhere you looked. This peaked my interest enough to give it a try and after starting and earning a few trophies I realised there was a trophy called infallible. This was one the them trophies that I looked at and just knew that it was never going to happen, and this was the same for most people. This was until the glitch was discovered and the various new game modes came out to make it achievable. I personally got mine during the glitch period and I'm not even ashamed to admit it because that trophy is just absolutely evil. After this is was just a case of winning 20 games and 20 races and the platinum was mine. Funny note that I unlocked my 500 rounds complete, 20 race rounds won and my platinum trophy all at the same time, in one of the most ridiculously lucky tip toe matches I've ever seen. 

Enjoyment- 7/10

Difficulty-6/10

Sc92de0.png

Platinum #124

Spectre wooded

1Sc9e24c.png

Spectre Woods

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Flawless Victory

12S2a2c8d.png

Complete Level 2 Without Taking Any Damage

I don't really want to talk about this and I'm in now way proud that I have got it. It was 10p in a sale and I still don't understand what it is or why it exists. 

Enjoyment- 1/10

Difficulty-1/10

Sff7d7c.png

Platinum #125

Bunker Mastered

1S2993d7.png

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Completionist Is Next To Godliness

21Sc38d4f.png

Complete All Sidequests 

Wonderlands marked a new direction for the Borderlands series in the way that it is a fully new world just set within the Borderlands universe. Most people know that Borderlands is one of my all time favourite series, so seeing Wonderlands being announced got my very excited, although I was sceptical. Wonderlands is pretty obviously based off of Borderlands 3 in the way that it looks, handles and how the story and mission play out. In some aspects this is a good thing, and in others I find it not so great. One of my biggest problems with Borderlands 3 was the absurd amount of waiting and talking you have to do to actually progress in anything at all. The pacing of the missions and side missions is so drawn out that literally half of your time is spent listening to someone talking so that the objective will update. In previous games the objectives would usually updated upon completion of the last step meaning that you could progress to the next step while the NPC was talking to you. Now you have to wait for the dialog to finish to even get the next step. Also having no real replay ability to Wonderlands was a shame to see. No second or third playthroughs, no raid bosses and no real story DLC soured the experience as this is what most Borderlands players are accustomed to now. All in I would play the game again for the platinum on PS5 and I will play the DLC eventually but I just don't think that this was the right direction for the Borderlands series to go in.

Enjoyment- 6/10

Difficulty-4/10

S0bd976.png

Platinum #126

Is That All You Got?

1Sd5a5ca.png

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Spoiler

Hardest Trophy

Star 69

36S872e3c.png

Earn 69 Stars In Spec Ops

Modern Warfare 2 is a project that has been in my backlog for longer than I like to admit and is something that I revisited regularly over a near 13 year span. I can now happily say that this period is over! it's hard to decide but I would say that MW2 is my all time favourite Call of Duty game, having spent almost 30 days playtime inside it across the multiplayer, campaign and spec ops. This is a game absolutely soaked in nostalgia that I would play everyday without fail before and after school. Not being the best person at shooters the veteran campaign and spec ops missions did give me significant trouble in places, but the spec ops missions are where I found the most difficulty. I got three stars on the majority of these solo but then gave up with around 20 stars remaining. Recently me and a friend were on the topic of Call of Duty and the spec ops came up. After this we agreed to finish this up and do the remaining spec ops stars. We did this but admittedly did still struggle in a few of the missions. Finishing this for me was a massive achievement and brought back so may memories which was great to dive back into.

Enjoyment- 8/10

Difficulty-7/10

S202572.png

100% Games

Spoiler

Sf1c57b.pngS8459b9.pngS4e7b58.pngS3f00c4.pngS97483a.pngSc4b171.pngSc76fef.pngSb81f91.pngSc04813.pngSebc842.pngSa7a8f0.pngSa7a8f0.pngSb9b47e.pngSd28af0.pngSda9234.pngS759dce.pngS24e39c.pngSb07292.pngS487f9b.pngS307d7d.pngSb89872.pngSe04e6e.pngSd3ddd8.pngS51a0ff.pngS207b6c.pngS2ebf84.pngS35887a.pngS8ad261.pngS075d31.pngS5d6ed7.pngSc817b2.pngSf0fca4.pngS929f9b.pngSfabdb5.pngSd603e3.pngS1a6e0a.pngS3a4ba2.pngSead27f.pngSfd41f6.pngSa9f08e.pngS1050d8.pngS23c9df.pngSa2e9b3.pngSda5f80.pngSeb342c.pngS2dcc25.pngSf51b76.png

Backlog

Spoiler

S8396eb.png S17fd76.png S465919.png S295d9b.png  Se31f9b.png Sba94f0.png S38212b.png

cryax.png

Edited by cryax
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 19/01/2020 at 10:02 PM, Mathology12 said:

We're the same age! Just got my 100th platinum 2 days ago.

Nice one man what game did you get it with? I'm struggling to find enough time to put into some good games at the moment with studying and stuff but I'm just going to take my time and enjoy the rest of the games I have up to my 100th.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, cryax said:

Nice one man what game did you get it with? I'm struggling to find enough time to put into some good games at the moment with studying and stuff but I'm just going to take my time and enjoy the rest of the games I have up to my 100th.

Thanks! My 100th was Modern Warfare. Very easy plat for a call of duty game. I highly recommend it if you haven't checked it out already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2020 at 2:10 AM, Mathology12 said:

Thanks! My 100th was Modern Warfare. Very easy plat for a call of duty game. I highly recommend it if you haven't checked it out already.

Cool, i'm thinking about getting it soon I don't really keep up with the new call of duty games but I quite like the look of that one so I might give it a try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, cryax said:

So we finally did it we reached #100 with The Sims 4! Thank you to anyone that has helped out along the way or anyone that has supported this thread it has been a great journey.

Congratulations on The Sims 4 Plat! I have definitely aimed the guide at getting the Plat as quickly and as painlessly as possible and this has been reduced to a grand total of 2 hours now if you can memorise the guide before hand ?. This does mean that it isn't particularly enjoyable but I can recommend the game. It is fun to play without the pressure of having to go for any trophies. I may have to create an alt account to get that fastest time cos my guide account already had some of the trophies so couldn't get it.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2020 at 2:11 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Congratulation for your new milestone!

Thanks man it means a lot!

On 20/02/2020 at 2:31 PM, ZoutjeNL said:

Congrats that is an epic milestone! I wouldn't have chosen Sims as my 100th, but still a great achievement. 

Yeah to be honest I'd not planned to make it but it just seemed too easy at the time ? Thanks anyway man!

On 20/02/2020 at 2:32 PM, Malachen said:

Congratulations on The Sims 4 Plat! I have definitely aimed the guide at getting the Plat as quickly and as painlessly as possible and this has been reduced to a grand total of 2 hours now if you can memorise the guide before hand 1f602.png. This does mean that it isn't particularly enjoyable but I can recommend the game. It is fun to play without the pressure of having to go for any trophies. I may have to create an alt account to get that fastest time cos my guide account already had some of the trophies so couldn't get it.

I can't thank you enough for the guide it is absolutely amazing, you can see the work that went into it! Yeah like you said it is pretty boring this way but I did still enjoy it and can see me enjoying it properly. You deserve to be the fastest platinum holder just go back and get it done theres some really fast times in now but nobody knows how to do it better than you!

37 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Interesting to read your thoughts on some of our shared games - some of which we agree on and some of which I really feel different about. You and I share Borderlands as our very first Plat too. Keep on keeping on as you work to 200 now!

Thanks man it's cool to see what other people think about games especially the ones i didn't enjoy, I do like to hear the redeeming factors that people see in them. I'll head over and check out your checklist looks like you've got some pretty impressive platinums!