Annoying youtubers and video game "journalists" that get the games before everyone else and SPOIL everything from the games itself on purpose

Ptirle

13 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Just avoid anything that might spoil the game for you.

On YouTube I just ignore those videos all together. ( I know easier said than done)

Same here.  No one can force you to watch a spoiler.  If anything, I'll usually watch just a small part of the 1st video from someone's playthrough, maybe the 1st 15 minutes of gameplay. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Same here.  No one can force you to watch a spoiler.  If anything, I'll usually watch just a small part of the 1st video from someone's playthrough, maybe the 1st 15 minutes of gameplay. 

they can't make you watch a spoiler video, true. Reading titles(some of us can read content on a screen at a glance) and seeing spoiler pics is a different matter. 

• Like 1

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

they can't make you watch a spoiler video, true. Reading titles(some of us can read content on a screen at a glance) and seeing spoiler pics is a different matter. 

Gotcha... yes, I really hate when they put a spoiler in the title, such as saying that a certain character dies or returns, etc.  That makes it tough to avoid & it is something I wouldn't do myself.  Spoiler pics are the next worst thing.

Instead of putting a spoiler in the title, it'd be better if they put it in the description far enough down that you must click Show More to see it.

18 hours ago, Ptirle said:

They do it to get the views and attention. They do it because they know they can get away with it.

People realized they want to see the spoilers before the game is even out, let alone them actually playing the game for themselves.

Usually these YouTubers are the type that are attention whores. They specifically design their thumbnails and use big buzzwords in a certain fashion because there are enough assholes and idiots out there to click on their videos. Those videos get Adsense, and the more views they get, the more money these idiot YouTubers make.

This is precisely why I only follow a select few people on YouTube who are just there to share a passion and love for making videos and connecting with their audience. These annoying YouTubers and game journalists are only out to make money. They'll do anything they can to make money, even if it's spoiling a game before it is even released in the stores and on PSN.

Social media today makes me sick.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spaz said:

People realized they want to see the spoilers before the game is even out, let alone them actually playing the game for themselves.

Usually these YouTubers are the type that are attention whores. They specifically design their thumbnails and use big buzzwords in a certain fashion because there are enough assholes and idiots out there to click on their videos. Those videos get Adsense, and the more views they get, the more money these idiot YouTubers make.

I have a good idea for that.  They should have some policy banning Day Zero spoilers.  If someone posts such a video before the game is released, the publisher should be able to claim monetization rights on that certain video, not the YouTube channel operator.  That would kill the incentive, right?

These videos I do not click on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I have a good idea for that.  They should have some policy banning Day Zero spoilers.  If someone posts such a video before the game is released, the publisher should be able to claim monetization rights on that certain video, not the YouTube channel operator.  That would kill the incentive, right?

These videos I do not click on.

Twitch.tv should be banning this too.

Nobody should be streaming game content and spoilers until at the very least, a day or two before release.

• Like 1