Thoughts on the game?

Been a diehard fan of Ace Combat since number 2, so no matter how bad it gets (stares mfkerly at Ass Horizon, Joint Ass), I'll still love the series.

Story got a bit hard to follow halfway through, and the aircraft options are quite limited. Shame they didn't bring back the ADF-01 or X-27, or build up the lore on how EASA became Neucom and Grunder Industries to General Resources

Edited by XypherVG
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

FYI there is no evidence that Gründer becomes General Resource. I should know, I've looked everywhere for it.

Oh I always thought it was, last I recall reading it somewhere was back when there was an Ace Combat Forum called Electrosphere 2.0 was around, but that's years ago now

Edited by XypherVG

I need a version of AC3 jap that I can play...such a huge missed opportunity for us europeans.

As for AC7, I'm liking it a lot! It's not as good as 5 story-wise, it does indeed get a bit confused towards the end, but still a great experience. Definetly one that deserves the Platinum imho.

5 hours ago, Falken-N7 said:

I need a version of AC3 jap that I can play...

I'm sure most of us are, and one with English subs

Played that when I was in early primary school and obviously couldn't make heads or tails of it. Imagine my delight when I discovered multiple endings and A rank requirements some years later 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Falken-N7 said:

I need a version of AC3 jap that I can play

https://projectnemo.net/

My thoughts about this game... It's amazing. The music, the gameplay, the story (hold on, I have something to say here), everything is amazing. After you play the game, you will understand why it came with Ace Combat 5 as pre-order bonus. Now, I have something to say about the story. There are no spoilers here, but I didn't like the ending. Something is missing. This game needs a story DLC. Now I need more multiplayer content, I don't like PVP much. I'm not good but I'm not bad, the thing is... ahhh... Come back Infinity!

Also, I freaking loved that multiplayer has old OST from previous games. I set up a 1v1 with my buddy and... ZERO.

[[[[[HERE COMES THE SNOW INTENSIFIES]]]]

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Katt said:

https://projectnemo.net/

My thoughts about this game... It's amazing. The music, the gameplay, the story (hold on, I have something to say here), everything is amazing. After you play the game, you will understand why it came with Ace Combat 5 as pre-order bonus. Now, I have something to say about the story. There are no spoilers here, but I didn't like the ending. Something is missing. This game needs a story DLC. Now I need more multiplayer content, I don't like PVP much. I'm not good but I'm not bad, the thing is... ahhh... Come back Infinity!

Also, I freaking loved that multiplayer has old OST from previous games. I set up a 1v1 with my buddy and... ZERO.

[[[[[HERE COMES THE SNOW INTENSIFIES]]]]

That feeling when "First Flight" OST comes on and you get 1st in Battle Royale.... aah, bliss

Yep loving it too except for some of the objectives really annoyed me like the sandstorm hiding ground targets, I had to replay that multiple times as I kept running out of time. Also the 2nd VR mission was a pain due to running out of time again when trying to destroy the AD Tanks.

Theres definitely some AC Infinity returning mechanics I enjoyed such as the aircraft tree and aircraft parts, we just need the co-op PvE back!

Also the soundtrack is excellent. Anyone else love the Ace Combat 2 soundtrack?

• Like 2

The hidden dialogue is always a nice touch, such as in mission 5 on your take off roll

Spare 8 Champ "Wooohooo, my blood boiling!"

Tower "Toss the chump in solitary once he gets back!"

Spare 11 Tabloid "If he makes it back..."

But behind spare 11 if you listen closely, someone says "Spare 8, when you land, your ass is grass(?)" Whatever that means

Can't get enough of OST Magic Spear 1 and 2

• Like 1