My Opinion On The Game

Mechatronix93

I purchased this game recently on sale for $10. I’ve spent time with the game and ended up getting 100% completion. After this time spent with the game here are some things I’ve noticed:

1. The graphics are fair at best. Not terrible but far behind similar games and about on par with games a decade old. Seeing as this is a team spun off from the makers of Burnoit Paradise I was let down.

2. The physics are god awful. Crashes are wonky. Sometimes hitting a wall is ok and sometimes tapping a wall turns you 90 degrees. No consistency here. Hitting props sometimes gets stuck under your car even making metal scraping sounds mid air...

3. The crashes are not satisfying. For a game focused on crashing I would have expected much more. 

4. The game is short. It can easily be finished in an hour or 100% in 4-5 hours.

6. The game crashes... A LOT. I probably blue screened 6-8 times in my short time playing this game

7. The game plays more like a puzzle than luck fortunately. Traffic patterns are preset so no RNG factor. This adds a bit off fun learning and going for better crashes to get the platinum medal in each level. 

Overall this game is maybe worth $5 for an easy 100%. The game has zero replay value once you earn all the medal and trophies. I will probably stay clear of any more games by this developer including “Dangerous Driving” when it comes out. 

• 1 month later...

I think it's brilliant.

It's the love it or hate part of the burnout series. Not quite the crash breaker lunacy of burnout paradise, but the crash junction joy of previous burnout games, including the standalone top down burnout game.

It's too short, and too linear, but awesome. And the sequel is even better

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

I think it's brilliant.

It's the love it or hate part of the burnout series. Not quite the crash breaker lunacy of burnout paradise, but the crash junction joy of previous burnout games, including the standalone top down burnout game.

It's too short, and too linear, but awesome. And the sequel is even better

I’m glad to hear someone was fond of it! I wanted to like it but was really let down by the physics. I didn’t get the same excitement as any of the burnout crash modes. 

• 1 year later...

This game is terrible. I just suffered through it so hopefully you won't have to. 

The physics are wonky and sometimes just decide to throw you or a car you hit in weird directions, you may hit the guardrail and crash or you may be fine, it's a crap shoot. Driving on general is loose and imprecise. 

The worst part is, the crashing, which is supposed to be the focal point, is pointless. The only way to get the Platinum scores required for the trophies is to complete the run up task and collect the coins in order. As long as you do that, you're basically guaranteed to get the high score. The pile up is inconsequential. You can't even see most of it because of the crappy camera angle anyway.

The way Burnout Crash did this, with a top down perspective, was the best way.

• Like 1