Extreme Difficulty Tips Needed

KAdamsy1

I was told by 1 of the 3 known players that have the platinum that the archer is the best to use. Seeing how I always play an archer-based character in all my rpg's that'll be perfectly fine by me. As for stats and skills I have no clue. I have yet to even begin. I'm kind of nervous, to be honest. I don't want to play a game that's going to have me yelling and chucking controllers. I'm not saying that's how this game will be but I can't find shit anywhere on the actual platinum difficulty and it's really frustrating.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is good luck because you're going to need it... and a fucking miracle from God. This difficulty is insanely unbalanced and the developers CLEARLY don't know what the fuck it means to make a game difficult but in a FAIR kind of way. You call NORMAL enemies with a healthpool the size of Texas that take a billion hits to kill while you take maybe 3 or 4 before you have to chug a health potion balanced? Fair? 

I'm not even kidding man. This difficulty is so unbelievably tedious and unfair that I don't even want to play this horrible fucking game anymore, let-alone try to achieve the platinum. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Every fucking enemy, big or small, takes forever to kill... and kills you within a few hits... and has health regen like a fucking Wolverine clone straight out of X-Men... seems to be able to block and evade on an annoyingly consistent basis! My attacks do pitiful damage. Hell I might be better off throwing water balloons at them for fuck's sake! This difficulty is pure, utter BULLSHIT! I cannot warn you away from this game enough. If anyone says this game is "easy" THEY ARE STRAIGHT UP FULL OF SHIT!

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 2 years later...
On 10/02/2019 at 9:43 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

All I can say is good luck because you're going to need it... and a fucking miracle from God. This difficulty is insanely unbalanced and the developers CLEARLY don't know what the fuck it means to make a game difficult but in a FAIR kind of way. You call NORMAL enemies with a healthpool the size of Texas that take a billion hits to kill while you take maybe 3 or 4 before you have to chug a health potion balanced? Fair? 

I'm not even kidding man. This difficulty is so unbelievably tedious and unfair that I don't even want to play this horrible fucking game anymore, let-alone try to achieve the platinum. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Every fucking enemy, big or small, takes forever to kill... and kills you within a few hits... and has health regen like a fucking Wolverine clone straight out of X-Men... seems to be able to block and evade on an annoyingly consistent basis! My attacks do pitiful damage. Hell I might be better off throwing water balloons at them for fuck's sake! This difficulty is pure, utter BULLSHIT! I cannot warn you away from this game enough. If anyone says this game is "easy" THEY ARE STRAIGHT UP FULL OF SHIT!

Play some harder games and challenge yourself and you'll not find games like this that difficult. You'll never get better playing easy plats and stacking the hell out of em. You're also missing out on some fantastic games by avoiding a challenge.

• Like 1

I'll never get better playing "easy" plats? Are you kidding me right now? Ugh, here we go again with this. I've heard this bullshit before and had to argue about it. For some reason you and another dude I had this argument with saw a bunch of stacked Ratalaika games on my list and assumed I've never played and platinumed anything difficult and that all I do is play (and stack) easy games. 

I guess I'll repeat myself from another thread when this nonsense came up: I suggest taking a closer look at my list and be really thorough when you do. Hell, take it a step further if ya want by looking over on PSTrophies.org and comparing every game I've ever platinumed with the difficulting ratings players have given each particular game. You can exclude the Telltale and Ratalaika games, obviously, and any of the other common, easy platinums most people have because we all know there's no difficulty to be had there with any of them. If you really look and compare you'll see that I have tons of difficult games on my list in which players ranked them up there between 5-8/10 in difficulty. I'm curious, are you another one of these types with the mindset that think if games like all the Souls games and Ninja Gaiden aren't on a person's list than nothing else compares or even matters? 

The game in question here in this thread is no walk in the park whatsoever. The platinum is considered ultra rare with a .78% and only 18 (recorded) achievers in the world. To quote something you said above: you'll not find games like this that difficult. My man, you've never even played this game, let-alone platinumed it. How the hell would you even know to be able to make such a bold statement???

Sure, it's not the most difficult platinum out there but as stated earlier it certainly isn't a walk in the park either. But I guess because I don't have any Souls games on my list I must not know what a difficult game is, right? Apparently all I do is play easy games and "stack the hell out of them", according to you. Sure, I have easy ones and sure, I stack them. I'm pretty sure that's what ALL trophy hunter do, if I'm not mistaken? But I guess to Gamer God Elitists such as yourself I'm not a "real" gamer because I don't constantly play games so challenging that it makes me want to rage my controller through a fucking wall.

I'm missing out on some fantastic games by avoiding a challenge, you say? Like what, any Souls game? With the Souls game in particular I don't avoid them because of the challenge, I avoid them because that specific type of gameplay doesn't interest me. I've researched these games over the years, watched gameplay videos, etc. It's never captured my interest enough to want to go through the headache and frustration I know it'll cause me. Besides, I think it's safe to say that if I "avoided challenges" I'd have nothing BUT those Telltale games and Ratalaika trash on my list so I have no idea where you got that crazy notion from.

I'm not one of those gamers that drool out the mouth and get a raging boner over playing a game that takes 20 million hours to kill a simple enemy just for the "challenge of it all". I like to play games that don't make me constantly want to scream and rage and destroy everything in my house. So to the contrary, RedDevil, I'm not missing out on shit. If that's your thing, all the power to ya. But don't assume to know what I am and am not missing out on.

• Like 1

I'm not knocking easy games on your list at all. If you are having fun then that's what important. Want I meant is you'll probably have found this harder when most of what you play is easy. I'm guessing you play on easiest settings and bail once the platinum pops too? 

You get better by challenging yourself is all I meant and as for this game, I'm playing it right now. I'm afew hours in and it's great fun. I can only comment on what I've played so far and I'd say it's tricky not hard but then in the next 10 minutes I could hit a wall with the difficulty. 

You can't really go by percentage of people getting a platinum. Games like Dark souls are higher because it attracts people that want to conquer the game. While the average trophy hunter stays well clear. Games that require work and more than 1 playthrough always have lower numbers. My rarest for example is Star Trek Online. It's super easy and free. Yet it's also super rare because trophy hunters aren't interested unless they can stack it and get it done within an hour.

With games like this I always recommend browsing the game's steam forums. Usually most PC players will have guides up long before console players do because despite the popularity of a couple series like Diablo or Divinity not as many people play isometric RPGs on console if their available on PC.

Btw looking through the steam community for the game this was the second post

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518411362

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:21 PM, RedDevil757 said:

most of what you play is easy.

Okay, now it just feels like you're popping shit. How on earth do you even figure? Did you even look at all my games? I have a lot of easy platinums, I agree. However, as of this post I have 662 platinums. Of which, I believe, mostly consist of some pretty damn tricky ones and/or ones that took a hell of a lot of time and investment, followed by several that the general consensus (PlayStationTrophies.org Difficulty Rating threads) consider to be difficult so these combined far outweigh the easy ones I have. I have no idea where you're getting this bullshit from that I mostly just play easy platinums but you need to get your eyes checked or do your research. 

It's actually funny to me how you can sit there and say that most of what I play is easy. I've looked at your list dude and I'm not impressed nor do I think you're in any position at all to say what is and isn't hard. Hell, most of your list consists of incomplete games! You've never even played or finished over half the shit I have so go ahead on with all that nonsense.

Games that require work and more than 1 playthrough always have lower numbers

That's a broad statement, don't ya think? Always? I mean, how would you even know that? Have you personally checked these statistics with EVERY single game out there? I doubt it very much. I have tons of platinums that required more than one playthrough and a shit ton of time and investment but as far as the low numbers, I have no idea as I've never looked nor payed attention to any of it. 

I'm playing it right now

I didn't know. At the time of my post I looked at your profile prior to posting and never found it. My fault though.

I'm guessing you play on easiest settings and bail once the platinum pops too

This statement came across to me as having a judgemental overtone to it but If you must know though, when a game doesn't require it for trophies, yes, I play it on the easiest setting because I want it done and over with ASAP so I can move on to the next platinum, not because I'm purposely avoiding a challenge. The majority of games I've platinumed though have always had difficulty-related trophies tied to them. And yes, once the platinum unlocks I bail and never touch the game again (unless DLC with trophies is released). Besides, by that point there's nothing more left to do. I did all there is to do and just want to move on. 

you can't really go by percentage of people getting a platinum

I don't know, sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. It's a mixed bag I think. Anyway, no need to respond as I don't feel like entertaining this conversation any longer. Lets move on.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
Typo

Yeah most of what I play is unfinished because I find modern games just don't hold my attention long. I get bored when being told what X does for the 100th time or being forced to watch yet another cutscene. I'm mostly a retro gamer if I'm honest.

I was being judgemental and I can be abit blunt so yeah what I said really came across totally different to how I meant it.

Back on topic of this game. I can totally see why you was complaining about this game. There are some crazy difficulty spikes and some regain health as fast as you can hit em. I'm still enjoying it for now though and it seems to be holding my attention so that's good too.