No Critical Difficulty Required for Platinum

linkdevivo

Bums me out a bit. Was looking forward for two playthroughs and getting a gold trophy for critical on one of them. How do you guys feel about this? There is still a small chance that critical is still required for platinum by a gummiphone requirement of some sort but seems unlikely.

Maybe they'll have the difficulties as requirements in the Game Records (though I imagine this is just like the minigames from II, but idk), or certain enemies only spawn on higher difficulties, like the Schwarzgeist or whatever it's called.  Or, it could be like alot of the newer Final Fantasy games( with the exception of 14 and some of the ports) that are just easier overall.

7 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I like just having a trophy saying, "you beat our toughest difficulty!"

I know what you mean, i feel the same. Was probably going to be Gold too

1 minute ago, mecharobot said:

This is the trend in new big titles. Probably will be the most common KH plat, but there is a chance DLC or update will add "the real platinum" afterwards.

Yeah, it is a trend these days, but only on big western releases. Japan loves its grindy AF JRPG trophies so was expecting a critical trophy at least.

25 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I'll probably do a crit play through anyways. Don't need a trophy to do something fun lol.

Rumor has it that crit is locked till you do a play through though, which kinda bums me out. I'd love to go in blind.

This is correct from what I can gather from people who already own the game.  Still seems uncertain though whether you have to play on a specific difficulty to unlock Critical

Means nothing to me. Going through the lists the Proud/Critical trophy is more common than most trophies that keep people from platting any of the games anyways. Seems like more people struggle with the uber bosses and things that take a little more skill/practice like Gummi Ship Missions from KH1, or the Mushrooms from KH2, and hell if you look at BBS more people cleared Critical than were able to get the Maestro trophy...a minigame.

KH3 would be no different I expect. The difficulty trophy would fall behind completing the gummiphone, gummi ship missions, and synthesis stuff. Mainly grindy collectibles and uber bosses again.

• Like 1

For me, it'll be a nice pace, then again, I usually play through the games on normal mode, a difficulty I'm comfortable with and then attempt the other difficulties later on, so it's no different for me, play on normal mode, and if a harder mode is available, I'll try it out when I'm done with the story at least, maybe doing everything in the game.

• Like 1

well suxks that there isnt more worlds. I know they said 8 maybe or so. but they always have a final world like KH2 world that never was etc.

So just means each world is going to be huge.

also apparently:

Spoiler

The game has a happy ending. so much for Sora dying and giving his heart up for Roxas and Ventus.

Edited by BlindMango
Put potential spoilers in a spoiler box

23 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

well suxks that there isnt more worlds. I know they said 8 maybe or so. but they always have a final world like KH2 world that never was etc.

So just means each world is going to be huge.

also apparently

It's been announced that the game has a day one DLC patch which installs both the epilogue and a hidden scene. There was never a this will be Sora's last title announcement this is just the last game in this saga.
I remember reading a couple of weeks back on a gaming news site that Sora will be in the next Kingdom Hearts game.
Personally I think having the secret ending installed on day one is a great idea, why because it stops the reviewer copies giving out true ending spoilers.

Edited by BlindMango
Edited quote box to take out potential spoilers
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

How do you guys feel about this?

I'd put a memepic here but I think Kingdom Hearts III deserves better than that. :P

We'll have to see. If the game tricks us and forces us to do something in Critical Mode for a trophy, it won't be so bad. After all, the list doesn't say you have to finish the game in Critical Mode. This would be like DDDHD, where you have to play in a hard difficulty because you need to equip EXP 0 and that ability isn't in beginner mode.

To be honest, I think that the Classic Kingdom trophies will be the ones to piss me off. After suffering through them in the Union Cross extra menu, I was glad that I didn't have to go through 50 levels of Giantland, chances are I won't have that luxury in this game. xD

Some KH games had trophies for 'watching the secret ending'. If you play on beginner difficulty, there were more conditions for unlocking that trophy. (see Birth by Sleep) So it would be cleverer to play on standard difficulty. Could that be the case in KH3?

In other words: Trophywise - is there any reason NOT to play on beginner/easy ?

Edited by Doenbo
fixed typo