Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NERVergoproxy

FFXIV:ARR Benchmark test results

32 posts in this topic

Anyone else ran the FFXIV:ARR Benchmark?

xFSmwyq.png

Specs Below:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:6/9/2013 11:16:58 PM
Score:5624
Average Framerate:46.296
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Display : All
-Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
-Shadow Cascading : High
-Shadow Softening : High
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : High
-Anisotropic Filtering : High
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Effects While in Motion : Display All
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled
System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel® Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
12286.430MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (VRAM 4044 MB) 9.18.0013.1422

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Tested on:10/06/2013 18:45:21

Score:2131

Average Framerate:16.755

Performance:Standard

-Capable of running the game on default settings.

Screen Size: 1280x720

Screen Mode: Windowed

Graphics Presets: Medium

General

-Improve overall graphic quality. : Disabled

-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Enabled

-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled

-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Enabled

-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Disabled

-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Disabled

-Grass Quality : Low

Shadows

-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled

-Display : Personal and Environmental

-Shadow Resolution : Mid: 1024 pixels

-Shadow Cascading : Normal

-Shadow Softening : Low

Texture Detail

-Texture Filtering : Medium

-Anisotropic Filtering : Low

Effects

-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Disabled

-Effects While in Motion : Display Own

-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Off

-Glare : Low

Cinematic Cutscenes

-Enable depth of field. : Disabled

System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Intel® Core i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz

4052.176MB

AMD Radeon HD 6450(VRAM 2784 MB) 8.17.0010.1172

Overall I'd say for my PC that's not bad

Edited by Azaan60

Tested on:6/11/2013 10:36:00 PM
Score:8533
Average Framerate:73.564
Performance:Extremely High
 -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Graphics Presets: Custom
General
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Disabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
-Shadow Softening : High
Texture Detail
-Anisotropic Filtering : High
Effects
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
8086.004MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.0697

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
© 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tested on:6/11/2013 10:36:00 PM

Score:8533

Average Framerate:73.564

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.0697

How is the 670 I am so really looking into that and replacing my 570. Really want as close to 60fps as possible and it seems 570 wont give me that. Only hitting 45-50fps. This is the one Ill probably buy. Or should I go Sli 570s. But I dont think ARR supports Sli :| Or maybe I should just OC it a little and see what i get.

The ASUS GTX660 is pretty cheap for 168 at newegg atm, like half the price of the 570 evga. Wonder how that run with ARR. Newegg also have the GeForce GTX 670 FTW on sale atm for 360$ atm. Omg omg what to get.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Why is the file to test for this 470mb? That seems ridiculously high.

How is the 670 I am so really looking into that and replacing my 570. Really want as close to 60fps as possible and it seems 570 wont give me that. Only hitting 45-50fps. This is the one Ill probably buy. Or should I go Sli 570s. But I dont think ARR supports Sli :| Or maybe I should just OC it a little and see what i get.

The ASUS GTX660 is pretty cheap for 168 at newegg atm, like half the price of the 570 evga. Wonder how that run with ARR. Newegg also have the GeForce GTX 670 FTW on sale atm for 360$ atm. Omg omg what to get.

Personally I wouldn't bother with SLI, it's more pain than it's worth and many games don't seem to support it particularly well.  That said, I'm not sure the performance difference between the GTX660 and 670.  I think the 670 is a good balance between price and performance... and depending on how it handles the next generation titles, I'm hoping to get a few good years out of it at least running games at 1080 with medium to max settings.

Edited by Dreakon139

Personally I wouldn't bother with SLI, it's more pain than it's worth and many games don't seem to support it particularly well.  That said, I'm not sure the performance difference between the GTX660 and 670.  I think the 670 is a good balance between price and performance... and depending on how it handles the next generation titles, I'm hoping to get a few good years out of it at least running games at 1080 with medium to max settings.

yeah probably wont go SLI 570, its hard to find now and 570 runs a lot hotter than the 670s, so 2 in my air cooled system might be nasty since also my house A/C broke down so room ambient temp is usually in the 75-85C. 670 it is!! now to figure out to get the Signature 2 edition or the FTW. Probably go with the most stable one; FTW. Decisions decisons decisions!!

Tested on:14/06/2013 08:24:17
Score:2534
Average Framerate:20.131
Performance:Fairly High
 -Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.

Graphics Presets: High
General
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Grass Quality : Normal
Shadows
Texture Detail
Effects
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Low
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)
AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor
8174.113MB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (VRAM 4038 MB) 9.18.0013.2018

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/?lang=uk

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score:2534 1920x1080 High AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor  NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

I could get away with it on Very High as well. Though I tend to customize my graphics options when I play a game on the PC.

Tested on:14/06/2013 08:24:17

Score:2534

Average Framerate:20.131

Looks like there some bottlenecking, frames are pretty low at that resolution...

Looks like there some bottlenecking, frames are pretty low at that resolution...

I suspect there is, but the game seemed not to jump at all so im happy with it. The game also looks pretty good from that anyone know if its Pay-2-Play?

Ok so I have an NVIDIA Geforce GT 635M w/2gb of memory. everytime i run the bench mark and i look at the results it tells me i am using an Intel HD 4000 graphics card... why is it not using my nvidia?

Tested on:6/14/2013 12:42:30 PM

Score:15508

Average Framerate:197.810

Performance:Extremely High

-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1680x1050

Graphics Presets: High

General

-Grass Quality : Normal

Shadows

Texture Detail

Effects

-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Low

Cinematic Cutscenes

System:

Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

12232.406MB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.1422

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Tweet

http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:15508 1680x1050 High Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

I scored only 3800 points on Maximum Setting. Oh well.

Ok so I have an NVIDIA Geforce GT 635M w/2gb of memory. everytime i run the bench mark and i look at the results it tells me i am using an Intel HD 4000 graphics card... why is it not using my nvidia?

Is this a laptop?  If it were a desktop, I'd say you may have the plug from your monitor going to the wrong HDMI port on the back of your PC... or maybe that's an issue with newer laptops as well?

Or in either case, you may have accidentally (or intentionally) installed the Intel graphics drivers (possibly from Windows Update?) and it made it your primary display.  My suggestion, in this case, is uninstall all graphics drivers and only install the NVIDIA ones.  It's really unsafe to have multiple graphic drivers installed at the same time anyways.

Edited by Dreakon139

Is this a laptop?  If it were a desktop, I'd say you may have the plug from your monitor going to the wrong HDMI port on the back of your PC... or maybe that's an issue with newer laptops as well?

Or in either case, you may have accidentally (or intentionally) installed the Intel graphics drivers (possibly from Windows Update?) and it made it your primary display.  My suggestion, in this case, is uninstall all graphics drivers and only install the NVIDIA ones.  It's really unsafe to have multiple graphic drivers installed at the same time anyways.

It is a laptop. I have not done anything with the system its self. it is just how it came. I dont understand why there are two graphics cards in this it makes no sence.

I make sure the nvidia is set as your primary in the nvidia control panel

I suspect there is, but the game seemed not to jump at all so im happy with it. The game also looks pretty good from that anyone know if its Pay-2-Play?

it is sub based.

I dont understand why there are two graphics cards in this it makes no sence.

Without going into too much detail, the Intel isn't a "graphics card" persay... it's just something in your CPU that emulates one.  Unavoidable really, since all newer Intel processors have this functionality... you just need to make sure you don't install the display drivers for it and/or make sure you make any necessary adjustments in the control panel as ERGOPROXY recommended.

Edited by Dreakon139

Without going into too much detail, the Intel isn't a "graphics card" persay... it's just something in your CPU that emulates one.  Unavoidable really, since all newer Intel processors have this functionality... you just need to make sure you don't install the display drivers for it and/or make sure you make any necessary adjustments in the control panel as ERGOPROXY recommended.

Well I may be at it for a few days cause I am not computer savy lol

Well I may be at it for a few days cause I am not computer savy lol

It is actually very simple. Ill do a quickie for you if you havent figure it out yet.

1. You want to go into nvidia control panel (depending on how you install it, u could right click desktop and choose "nvidia control panel" or it would be under "appearance and personaliztion" in control panel

2. once your nvidia control panel opens up, choose Set Phyx and pick your card.

3. now pick "manage 3d settings" to the right now there should be something saying  "preferred graphics settings". Choose your gpu from the drop down menu.

4. Apply and it should work.

It is actually very simple. Ill do a quickie for you if you havent figure it out yet.

1. You want to go into nvidia control panel (depending on how you install it, u could right click desktop and choose "nvidia control panel" or it would be under "appearance and personaliztion" in control panel

2. once your nvidia control panel opens up, choose Set Phyx and pick your card.

3. now pick "manage 3d settings" to the right now there should be something saying  "preferred graphics settings". Choose your gpu from the drop down menu.

4. Apply and it should work.

found out the worst... the only way for me to utilize the Nvidia card is thru HDMI... which i dont have... so in short I have to turn my $1000 dollar laptop into a tower...

found out the worst... the only way for me to utilize the Nvidia card is thru HDMI... which i dont have... so in short I have to turn my $1000 dollar laptop into a tower...

Ok I have never heard of that... haha, who told you that? anyways its probably too much trouble but I have a feeling its probably driver conflicting issues. You must have the Intel graphics driver overriding any of your nvidia drivers. I would try to reinstall the current nvidia driver to see if itll override the intel one, if that dont work. I would go into bios and see you have your nvidia gpu set as main. If that dont work I'm pretty a sure a clean windows reinstall will work but make sure install the driver directly from the manfacture's site and not thru windows auto update.

i have the gpu set to be used as the main but it will not work

it is only thru the hdmi port that the card is used

I am not getting bad scores with the intel card (2700 to 3100) it will run but the fps is only at about 25. it will run it but i want it to run it well so i will probly look into a small hd tv

Are you running Nvidia Optimus? tha is probably your cuplrit too.

what is that

New laptops that come with NVIDIA graphics generally include Intel’s onboard graphics solution. The laptop supposingly switches between intel and nvidia on the fly called Nvidia Optimus. For most PC use, the Intel graphics is just fine. You will not notice a difference between intel and discrete graphics when using desktop applications. There is a difference, however with Intel graphics use much less power than NVIDIA graphics. By using the low-power graphics laptops can save power and increase battery life. When you launch an application that needs high-powered 3D graphics, such as a PC game, the laptop powers on the NVIDIA graphics hardware thru optimus and uses it to run the application. This increases 3D performance dramatically like fps, but uses more power, which is fine if your laptop is plugged into an outlet. Most of the time, the switching should happen without you needing to do anything, but NVIDIA’s Optimus is flawed. Like I mentioned some laptops may have a BIOS option to disable the intel graphics and use the NVIDIA graphics exclusively but not always. 

You can try this to force an application to use your NVIDIA graphics

1. right-click the game shortcut,

2. point to Run with graphics processor

3. select the High-performance NVIDIA processor.