A Poet's Legacy & A Brother's Seduction!?

7 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

So is "A brother's seduction" supposed to be out today considering it's Tuesday or not?

These missions aren't supposed to be every Tuesday. They're supposed to be whenever the developers feel like releasing them. The February Monthly Update isn't even out yet. Once that gets released, I'm sure it'll say more on when "A Brother's Seduction" will become available as well as any other DLC they plan to release this month and/or additional features. :yay:

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

These missions aren't supposed to be every Tuesday. They're supposed to be whenever the developers feel like releasing them. The February Monthly Update isn't even out yet. Once that gets released, I'm sure it'll say more on when "A Brother's Seduction" will become available as well as any other DLC they plan to release this month and/or additional features. :yay:

I was told that the weekly updates happen on Tuesdays, which would mean that it isn't that unreasonable to expect the missions to be out on Tuesdays. Still, whatever the case, missions this quick shouldn't take ages to be released.

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I was told that the weekly updates happen on Tuesdays, which would mean that it isn't that unreasonable to expect the missions to be out on Tuesdays. Still, whatever the case, missions this quick shouldn't take ages to be released.

The Oikos of the Olympians store in Phokis and the Bounty Board update on Tuesdays. But these missions are DLC...so they have to be manually added by Ubisoft. We still get 2-3 of these a month. So you can at least expect one every other week. Since "A Poet's Legacy" came out on the January 29th...you can probably expect "A Brother's Seduction" on this 12th.  

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

It's not so much they're taking ages to release. It's that they're DLC and Ubisoft doesn't wanna release them all at once. They have a plan and that plan involves releasing a few things here and there every month up until at least June. :highfive:

11 hours ago, Viper said:

The Oikos of the Olympians store in Phokis and the Bounty Board update on Tuesdays. But these missions are DLC...so they have to be manually added by Ubisoft. We still get 2-3 of these a month. So you can at least expect one every other week. Since "A Poet's Legacy" came out on the January 29th...you can probably expect "A Brother's Seduction" on this 12th.  

Yeah, I got that. I don't agree with their schedule seeing as it isn't content that can keep you busy for two weeks, but I got that.

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

It's not so much they're taking ages to release. It's that they're DLC and Ubisoft doesn't wanna release them all at once. They have a plan and that plan involves releasing a few things here and there every month up until at least June. :highfive:

The issue here is that they can call it DLC but it's a far cry from actual DLC that gives you something to do for more than one hour or two. Their plan is more or less crap, considering they're dragging things out until June because they want to keep us playing their game for the longest possible amount of time without giving us some actual stuff to do until then. Either release more content or make the release schedule tighter, 'cause based on what I'm reading on the Internet this is just pissing people off for the spreading out of content. Every time new stuff releases people have to get used to control schemes and whatnot all over again because obviously they've started playing something else in the meantime.

7 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

The issue here is that they can call it DLC but it's a far cry from actual DLC that gives you something to do for more than one hour or two. Their plan is more or less crap, considering they're dragging things out until June because they want to keep us playing their game for the longest possible amount of time without giving us some actual stuff to do until then. Either release more content or make the release schedule tighter, 'cause based on what I'm reading on the Internet this is just pissing people off for the spreading out of content. Every time new stuff releases people have to get used to control schemes and whatnot all over again because obviously they've started playing something else in the meantime.

I can understand where you're coming from. And I can understand where others are coming from, too. When I load up a game for the first time in a few weeks, I have to get reacquainted with the controls, which sucks since I play on Nightmare. But bitching about the schedule, at least for Odyssey, isn't gonna change anything. I think they did this partly to bring players back, but also because some players didn't wanna be done with the game so quickly. Granted, they could have done what Witcher 3 did and release a massive expansion five months after launch and a year after launch if they wanted fans to return. The season pass is being released in six parts, which they could have easily released in two: one for First Blade and one for Atlantis (kinda like the two major expansions they did for Origins). You can't please everyone and Ubisoft will probably have some meetings on how to progress with further installments.

15 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I can understand where you're coming from. And I can understand where others are coming from, too. When I load up a game for the first time in a few weeks, I have to get reacquainted with the controls, which sucks since I play on Nightmare. But bitching about the schedule, at least for Odyssey, isn't gonna change anything. I think they did this partly to bring players back, but also because some players didn't wanna be done with the game so quickly. Granted, they could have done what Witcher 3 did and release a massive expansion five months after launch and a year after launch if they wanted fans to return. The season pass is being released in six parts, which they could have easily released in two: one for First Blade and one for Atlantis (kinda like the two major expansions they did for Origins). You can't please everyone and Ubisoft will probably have some meetings on how to progress with further installments.

I know that bitching about the schedule isn't gonna do anything to change it, but I still wanted to say it. Who knows, maybe some Ubi community manager will lurk here and report how bullshit their episodic DLC plan was when the DLC itself clearly barely has enough content for ONE fully fledged expansion.

• Like 1