Rate this game 1-10

kerck11

18 hours ago, Princess Boo said:

The campaigns are short but the game itself is not. All of the Resident Evil campaigns can be completed in under 3 hours with effort. 

The game is not long at all. You do the same objectives every playtrough with the only difference being the side missions (Ada and Sherry missions). I don't count that as extra content, it's the same. The game is amazing but I gotta be real. Still a 9/10 :D

1 hour ago, iLoVe-VideOGameS said:

The game is not long at all. You do the same objectives every playtrough with the only difference being the side missions (Ada and Sherry missions). I don't count that as extra content, it's the same. The game is amazing but I gotta be real. Still a 9/10 :D

Spoiler

Yeah not sure why they didn't do like in the original, where the A/B runs where different, different enemies and things to do.

Edited by tosSx17

I cannot rate it because it isn't in VR. This game and world would've been epic playing it in "person" with VR. And they even used the RE7 engine which already supports it!

They should've never shown me what was possible by having RE7 in VR, because I don't think I can ever play another survival horror title which doesn't support virtual reality gameplay.

Aww, who am I kidding? Beggars can't be choosers, and the contemporary survival horror scene represents some seriously slim pickings indeed. About to start it now, but oh how I wish it were marvelous VR... oh, how I surely do wish!

Edited by Coladar
Added "contemporary" for further specification.

A masterpiece, RE2 is easily the best in the series alongside 4 and REmake for me. The trophies are also great challenge and is very similar to the REmake structure wise. 

This mode isn't related to the story but oh boy was it insanity? 

Really hope everyone plays it, just sad I won't be able to give the game a milestone, it belongs to Kingdom Hearts 3 for a variety of reasons. 

I've only finished Leon's story but since that's basically the whole game I think I can safely give it an 8. Good game but I wasn't thinking "Wow, this game is awesome" like I was when playing God of War or Spider-Man to name two of my favorites from last year. 

I give the Platinum a 2 out of 10. Way too many playthroughs and missables. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

10/10 so far. Best Resident Evil since 4 and best survival horror in over 15 years. Pretty much a masterpiece from what I've played so far. This is a remake of a calibre that's never, ever been produced that not only is respectful to the original game but also its own thing. I think it does the game a disservice by saying it's a remake as it's more of a re-imagining. It easily surpasses the original game in my opinion.

Edited by Mayadome

Mr. X is far more intimidating and imposing than he originally was. I felt a sense of dread in both of my first two playthroughs (and Sherry's section, damn!). 

It's more than nostalgia at play with me though because it's essentially a reshaping of a story that was a big part of my childhood. In that sense, I get to discover it all over again. 

It's a 10/10 for me. 

For the plat, it is too easy. I mean, it took me 2 hours and 15 mins to get my first S rank(not the best time, but still got the trophy) 

I give the trophy list 8/10 due to the fact its easy. I'll give it a 10 out of 10 if there are more trophies to collect

In terms of difficulty, I'll give the trophy list 3 out of 10

16 hours ago, Mayadome said:

10/10 so far. Best Resident Evil since 4 and best survival horror in over 15 years. Pretty much a masterpiece from what I've played so far. This is a remake of a calibre that's never, ever been produced that not only is respectful to the original game but also its own thing. I think it does the game a disservice by saying it's a remake as it's more of a re-imagining. It easily surpasses the original game in my opinion.

Yeah I agree for the best since 4. But the only RE games released that I love to play after re4 (and before this remake)are both Revelations 1 and 2.

7 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Mr. X is far more intimidating and imposing than he originally was. I felt a sense of dread in both of my first two playthroughs (and Sherry's section, damn!). 

It's more than nostalgia at play with me though because it's essentially a reshaping of a story that was a big part of my childhood. In that sense, I get to discover it all over again. 

It's a 10/10 for me. 

If you have the original soundtrack on the remake, its even more nostalgic.

17 hours ago, crauuecrauue said:

I give it a Resident Evil 2 out of Resident Evil 7.

I'm completely mindfucked by your statement xD

2 out of 7? Idk! Hahaha

7 minutes ago, kerck11 said:

For the plat, it is too easy. I mean, it took me 2 hours and 15 mins to get my first S rank(not the best time, but still got the trophy) 

I give the trophy list 8/10 due to the fact its easy. I'll give it a 10 out of 10 if there are more trophies to collect

In terms of difficulty, I'll give the trophy list 3 out of 10

Yeah I agree for the best since 4. But the only RE games released that I love to play after re4 (and before this remake)are both Revelations 1 and 2.

If you have the original soundtrack on the remake, its even more nostalgic.

In hindsight, I should've sprung for the deluxe edition. It really came down between that and KH3, but I can always get it at a later date.

I'd love to give it a perfect 10/10, but I'm going to give it 8.5/10 because of two reasons. The first being the fact that the A and B scenarios didn't really add much and kinda messed up the continuity. The scenarios didn't flow together like in the original to make one fluid story. 

The second and by fair the biggest reason why I gave it this rating is because of the auto difficulty. It's hard to speed run or manage your resources when everything is random and is factored by luck. I played Claire B not too long ago just for fun after getting the platinum. I was at the fourth Birkin fight and I had 10 acids rounds, 10 flame rounds, the gatling gun, and the unlimited sub machine gun. 

I ended up dying in this fight. Not cause Birkin killed me, but the timer ran out! I uploaded ALL my ammo and he didn't die...I'm sorry, but with all the ammo he should have died easily or at least before my time was up. When I continued at my save point and started the fight over, he died in 3 minutes or so with less ammo. 

Capcom really needs to fine tune it and have the option to turn the auto difficulty off. If I was doing my S+ run on hardcore I would have been livid. With this being said, I still think its a great game though and I would love to see RE2 get nominated and win some awards this year. I think RE2 is a great step in the right direction and it's nice to see that Resident Evil has gone back to being survival horror.

Edited by FireFoxie
  • Like 1

I'd give it an 8/10. It's an excellent remake, but it could've been so much better had they decided to put some actual effort into the 2nd run scenarios. In their current state, they feel like a last minute addition, a quick remix of the "A" scenarios without much thought put into the design. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the 2nd run scenarios make absolutely no sense in the context of the overall story and perhaps should've been left out completely. Speaking of story, I also don't like that somehow there's even less character development between Leon and Claire than in the original game.

My other complaint is the soundtrack. This was the perfect opportunity for a fresh rearrangement of the amazing original score with a full orchestra and modern synths, something along the lines of the Biohazard Orchestra Album from 1999, but they decided to go with a barely noticeable ambient underscore instead. You can't please everyone, I guess.

Aside from that, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I think it's a fantastic game and a worthy companion to the RE1 remake.

• 4 years later...

I played the original PS1 game a lot back in the day (25 years ago?). After finishing Leon's and Claire's stories and playing the DLC I'd give it a 7/10.

Personally I think the remake is...

- far too dark and navigation is confusing, especially in the sewers

- too challenging for casual players and newcomers. 'assisted difficulty' doesn't really offer much help (a way point or hint system should have been added)

Difficulty aside, I'd say RE2 remake is a very good game. 7/10

Despite the good graphics and combat, I say 3, and I'm being generous.

Completely the opposite what I wished and hoped for. Capcom had a golden opportunity to remaster the original and instead we got this.

Could've been a legendary game - the same goes for the other just as shitty version - but they decided to go easy.

Highly doubtful that I'll ever care for anything RE unless they can somehow improve the formula. People sigh when RE5 and RE6 is mentioned, but if RE7 and 8 isn't just a way to buy time for a proper advancement of the series, it's time to move on.

Edited by Mellenthin

• 2 months later...

I do want to play this game BUT I want to Plat the first one before it, so I can go through the mainline series in order, but it needs to get a second remake as the first REMAKE is dated now and by today's standards it's just an outdated GameCube port; a remaster at best.  It truly deserves the RE 2/3/4 treatment.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1