Looking for 25-35'ish Year Olds to Tackle Co-op Games

bledredwine

I bought PS4 partially to keep in touch with old friends after a move and to connect with new ones as well.  Since then, I've established somewhat of a community through PS4 chat of different games.  Would any of you like to co-op the games listed below? Party chat seems to work well with headsets

I have the following co-op/PVP games:

Destiny 2

Rocket League

Ultra Chess

Bloodborne

Dark Souls III

Helldivers

Uncharted 4 (survival mode)

Alienation

Dying Light

GTA 5

and the following 3 player games if we can find more-

Killing Floor 2

Titanfall 2

Overcooked 2

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Titanfall 2

Last of Us

I also have a facebook group with some good friends dedicated to this. Feel free to let me know if you're interested. Eventually, we may even have some scheduled times (ex. Titanfall night at 8), like intramural soccer or another club.

Disclaimer- I am 3 months new to PS4 and haven't gamed since Quake 2/3 - I'm more of a casual gamer. Though there are definitely some hardcore gamers in the community, the aim of this is more social enjoyment than purely competitive gaming. Let me know if you're interested, feel free to leave or PM your PSN if you want to join.

1 hour ago, bledredwine said:

I bought PS4 partially to keep in touch with old friends after a move and to connect with new ones as well.  Since then, I've established somewhat of a community through PS4 chat of different games.  Would any of you like to co-op the games listed below? Party chat seems to work well with headsets

Would recommend checking out Gamers with Jobs website, it is a more "mature" group than here and also US facing so same timezones as you. The gamers there are less trophy focused and alot of them are great conversationalists, well rounded people. Goodluck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cjshai said:

Would recommend checking out Gamers with Jobs website, it is a more "mature" group than here and also US facing so same timezones as you. The gamers there are less trophy focused and alot of them are great conversationalists, well rounded people. Goodluck.

Hey, thanks a lot for this - I appreciate the recommendation.  I'll check it out.  I didn't realize that it was a younger, more gamer-heavy forum here and the thought hadn't occurred to me that my post may seem discriminatory.  For that, I apologize.  

56 minutes ago, Haysi_Fantaysee said:

Why the specific demographic requirements?

You are potentially alienating yourself from a lot of good people by being so select.

You're right, but I'm also getting generally a lot more people with similarities than I would if it was open to all ages.  It's the same reason that maybe a 30 year old doesn't want to date a 20 year old (most of the time).

Age does make a difference.  It's not to say that 22 or 40 year olds are inferior.... of course not.  Some of the best people I know are between 40 and 60 years old.   But I've been in a master's program that had many undergraduates, and it's just a different stage in life.  Many haven't lived on their own yet.

Generally speaking, people in the same age range are much more inclined to share similarities (generational) and you can avoid some strange situations (an online flirting 20 year old girl, for example).  Aside from this, I recently made a move to an area with fewer 30 year olds.  The people I do know my age want to meet other 30 year olds as well.  Likewise, the other players loved the idea of finding players in our age range to socialize with. 

I don't intend to discriminate at all and hope that this helps you understand why.  

Edited by bledredwine
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I'd reccomend looking into some indie games for more fun co-op stuff, lots of hidden gems on the market ;)

ooooo, do you have any recommendations?

I'm actually addicted to buying games lately.... it's become my new "books" - I buy more than I even play. 

Anyway, I know that it's a "pop" indy game, but I loved Inside.  It's just beautiful.  If I can find any other gems, especially co-op, I'll certainly look.

By the way, kind of funny- I accidentally read your signature first.  I thought it was aimed at me and was like "?"

Edited by bledredwine

You're basically limiting your audience to potentially just a few people who fit within the 25 - 35 age range.

The oldest guys I've seen on this website are about to break 50 years old, or have just gotten over that. There are plenty of 40 - 45 year olds who enjoy playing co-op, there are plenty who are in the same age group who do not.

I don't mind the concept of playing co-op, but where I live with bad internet I wouldn't be much of a use since we'll probably just get frustrated even trying to play some co-op.

The way you put it, age does make a difference. I know 16 - 20 year old kids who think Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez are gods in the music industry. I personally despise these music artists, and considering that I grew up on such bands and groups as Counting Crows, Soundgarden, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync, the new pop artists sound inferior to me.

The age gap in which we can relate to things is noticeable.

Age does not equal maturity. I think I've said this enough. But if you think a guy at 35 years old is going to be mature and able to play effectively with you in co-op, you're quite mistaken.

There's a lot of mature guys out there older than me who are great people and are good gamers. But there are guys who are older than me who are not. I have met a lot of people online older than me that acted no older than your typical high school kid and were terrible at online FPS. Guys like DSP (DarkSydePhil) who can't play too well and always complain when they're getting headshotted by an opposing player in a multiplayer game.

Going out and saying "looking for 25 - 35ish year olds to tackle co-op games" probably isn't the best way to go about it. I mean sure, I've met a lot of older people in my time who are pretty laid back, mature and patient gamers. I've met a lot of kids who are very immature and can't hold their own in an online game. But don't assume everybody in those age groups is like that.

4 hours ago, bledredwine said:

Hey, thanks a lot for this - I appreciate the recommendation.  I'll check it out.  I didn't realize that it was a younger, more gamer-heavy forum here and the thought hadn't occurred to me that my post may seem discriminatory.  For that, I apologize.  

I wouldn't apologies, I see nothing wrong with your OP and title. I feel exactly the same way. I am sure you will find many people to play games with here, I personally have just found people that I can relate to closer to my own situation and interests on other site less trophy focused. Kinda ironic as at first glance I am a major trophy whore, I just prefer not to bore people or myself with it. Either way there is some great discussions to be had, most of the time nothing to do with gaming. 

If you are considering playing the Division 2 this year feel free to send me a message on PSN, I have hooked into a group of Americans that fit your descriptor are stable and like a laugh. Might see you round.

Edit : I like your name, I am a white drinker ........ apparently you are suppose to switch before your 30s but red never stuck :)

Edited by Cjshai

• 2 weeks later...