PS4 - E3 2013 Thread

Sly Ripper

Only got home in time to see prce reveal ( home run by the way sony) so have a couple of questions if anyone has the answers. 1. Will trophys transfer? 2) Hard drive size? And will they offer a unit with bigger size? 

1. I assume yes, as I think they said something about that before, you will be keeping your psn name etc

2. I did not catch anything about a hdd

3. They only mentioned one console not 2 choices

Only got home in time to see prce reveal ( home run by the way sony) so have a couple of questions if anyone has the answers. 1. Will trophys transfer? 2) Hard drive size? And will they offer a unit with bigger size? 

I'm pretty sure trophies transfer. And the $399 model will have a 500gb HDD. I'm only guessing because I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a bigger, more expensive version (probably 750gb or 1tb).

Watching the Xbox event after watching the Playstation one.

So far..

MGS Phantom pain (looks awesome)

A game about... tanks (fortunately a Microsoft exclusive)

Rhyse (Mass Effect but in the Roman Empire with QTE action, cool)

They spend 30 minutes talking about McLaren cars and the new Forza... got lost there, went to the toilet.

Came back, still on Forza..  yawned.

A fake trailer of some more Minecraft maps (if you did not have enough)

And now into some Quantum Break...

So far, not surprised...

Trophies will tranfer to the PS4. Hell you can see PS3 trophies when you log onto your PS Vita online when your checking in the Vita trophy section. Overall good conference to me. What got me hooked was the following:

1) PS 4 the entire thing hell even PS+, the Pro-Used Games, the offline experience you can do for single player games, no DRM BS.

2) Infamous Second Sons again

3) Watch Dogs gameplay

4) Kingdom Hearts 3

5) Final Fantasy 15

6) Last of Us 

7) Knack gameplay briefly but still looks good.

8) I forgot the Price of the PS4 and the entire thing.

Still good showing on Sony.

1. Yes.

2. 500GB. Here's the system specs - http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

Also worth nothing is PS+ subscription now covers PS3, PS4 and Vita for one low, low price.

Cross-buy also covers PS3, PS4 and Vita versions of a game if supported on all 3 systems.

All PS4 games (except those using PS Eye) will be playable via Remote Play on Vita.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 3

Haven't watched the video yet (still at work), but from what I read here Sony really nailed it with PS4. Everything from console specs to the announced games to the price is very gamer friendly!

I also believe that the mandatory PS+ subscription for online gaming and content is a good thing. As I understand it the price will remain roughly the same, we still get tons of free games and bebefits while Sony gets a steady income. Fair deal.