PS4 - E3 2013 Thread

Sly Ripper

So, initially I didn't have a problem with ps plus being required for playing online bc my husband and I have it for our main account. We have two PS3's though and like to play online games together sometimes like Black Ops Zombies, etc. or boost online trophies. If we wanted to do that with the Ps4 would we have to buy PS+ for both psn accounts? :hmm:

So, initially I didn't have a problem with ps plus being required for playing online bc my husband and I have it for our main account. We have two PS3's though and like to play online games together sometimes like Black Ops Zombies, etc. or boost online trophies. If we wanted to do that with the Ps4 would we have to buy PS+ for both psn accounts? :hmm:

I'd say yes. The subscription is linked to an account so you'll need to buy two subscriptions.

So 500 GB HDD, ps plus gets the online multiplayer only, so thats the end for free users on multiplayer, which is good in my book for some online games. It looks nice and everything. They bought me. I`ll be getting it later on tough, not at launch day ^^

Driveclub free for ps+ :awesome:hope i can add ps4 games to my account before i get one. Only a 500gb model is a downer though..would like at least 1tb preferably 2tb

Well at least tou can upgrade it if you want.

"@yosp: And yes, PS4's HDD is upgradable like PS3 <3"

I'd say yes. The subscription is linked to an account so you'll need to buy two subscriptions.

Hold that thought. It looks like only one account on a console needs a PS+ subscription - https://twitter.com/Fall3nXspitfire/status/344366514817875968

Not sure how that'll work on two consoles, but it's not set in stone that two PS+ subscriptions are required.

The question that has come into my head isnt about PS Plus on the PS4 but rather on the PS3. Will Plus be required to play MP games on PS3 or will those still be free?

As a Plus user since day one its not of any great odds to me but half those on my friends list arn't Plus subscribers...

Do US purchasers have to pay taxes on top of that price of $399 or is it all inclusive?

Edited by Nasty_Rory

As a UK gamer, I am slightly miffed by the price.

Now, I know £325 isn't much at all BUT what I don't understand is why it costs that in the UK when the US will be getting it for $399. That is more like £260 - £280

It's all to do with taxes (sales tax in the US, VAT in the UK).

Someone from the US, please correct me if I'm wrong...I believe it's $399 + sales tax of the state where it's purchased.

As the UK has a flat rate of 20% VAT you need to convert the $399 and then add VAT.

Seeing as the UK price is £349, the difference is, probably, import duty.

Am I the only surprised that the elder scrolls online is coming to PS4? I seriously never thought that would happen. You did good Sony

Also KH3! After all these years! Good enough for me to buy PS4, not sure if it should be day one needing to spend 400+ $

• Like 1

I was going to pre-order my PS4 on Friday when I pick up Last of Us from Gamestop, but I'm thinking I'll go the Amazon route and save on having to pay sales tax, but they don't have free release-day shipping available. Decisions... 

Drive over to delaware, they dont have sales tax. lol, 

i'd just pay the tax, prolly better, plus the experience of risking your life in the crowd might be fun!  

Drive over to delaware, they dont have sales tax. lol, 

i'd just pay the tax, prolly better, plus the experience of risking your life in the crowd might be fun!  

lol ... I'd pay more in gas than taxes... I'm just going to get in from a brick and mortar.... I don't think I can sit around and wait for the fed ex guy.

Short promo in the face of MS... love it.

Now, I know £325 isn't much at all BUT what I don't understand is why it costs that in the UK when the US will be getting it for $399. That is more like £260 - £280

We pay even more in Australia (barely) - a PS4 costs $549 AU, which is £330.

$399 USD = $426 AUD. A month ago it was $362 AUD before the Reserve Bank deliberately tanked our currency.

Unfortunately there's no direct currency conversion in determining the RRP, other factors are at play. Why we're paying 37.5% more in Oz than the US / Canada is somewhat perplexing given the relative parity of the AU & US currencies and our closer proximity to manufacturing in Asia. It has to do with duties, taxes and a degree of retail profiteering simply because the UK and AU are wealthy nations.

Also, the RRP of PS4 games looks to be around $120 AU. That's approximately £72 GBP and $112 USD, so we get the rough end of the stick in that department compared to the UK and USA. I'll be importing my games from the UK, as I've done for most of my PS3 collection, at significantly lower prices than I'm willing to pay in Oz.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Planning on preordering mine next week at game stop. at least that way if sony releases one with bigger drive I can awitch the pre order. Plus saw the have a nice ea package with 3 games. Must say Sony seemed to really be listening this time around  to what we gamers had to say. Was very pleased about what they are doing with the ps plus . So much so that I thinkbI wil add another year to it even though I just got it. And now comes the hard part. Thought waiting for the info release ws bad, Think waiting for release day is going to be worse....going to be a lonnnnnnnng summer and fall lmao.

Planning on preordering mine next week at game stop. at least that way if sony releases one with bigger drive I can awitch the pre order. Plus saw the have a nice ea package with 3 games. Must say Sony seemed to really be listening this time around  to what we gamers had to say. Was very pleased about what they are doing with the ps plus . So much so that I thinkbI wil add another year to it even though I just got it. And now comes the hard part. Thought waiting for the info release ws bad, Think waiting for release day is going to be worse....going to be a lonnnnnnnng summer and fall lmao.

I saw the gamestop bundles as well, but why are they $520 for the system plus a game? Is there an extra controller or something? Basically you can buy each part of their 'bundles' separately... for the same price. Love Gamestop.

how much is your minimum wage?

Here's a nice summary of some key points brought up...

zTG2eQJ.png     LYximkJ.png

wiqTiVp.png     bqdPtZ2.png

p289zAh.png     D5pJcUR.png

JTqXj2r.png     DtXNRr2.png

0FclHJn.png     unx4VRt.png

PS Plus will cross over to PS4! We also get to keep access to all PS3 IGC content as well as Vita B)  With all this and the crazy price point, I may be looking at getting the PS4 sooner than originally anticipated. :holy:

• Like 2

Here's a nice summary of some key points brought up...

zTG2eQJ.png     LYximkJ.png

wiqTiVp.png     bqdPtZ2.png

p289zAh.png     D5pJcUR.png

JTqXj2r.png     DtXNRr2.png

0FclHJn.png     unx4VRt.png

PS Plus will cross over to PS4! We also get to keep access to all PS3 IGC content as well as Vita B)  With all this and the crazy price point, I may be looking at getting the PS4 sooner than originally anticipated. :holy:

i was planning on waiting myself but I think I am going today to preorder. I have enough in games I don't want and a second ps3 to trade. I may not have to take any money out of my pocket to pay for a ps4.

• Like 1

The one thing I am surprised no one is talking about is the sheer brilliance of sony's business plan. My son WAS a die hard MS fan until their release ( his comment was really ms....if 4 is one penny cheaper its ps4 fr me). Great move first by sony t let the compettion go first. My son, like many wasn't thrilled with Ms, so tuned in to watch sony. Then  Sony put on a great presentation, while putting to rest many fears gamers had, showing they were paying attention, another great move. The icing on the cake was the price. Sure they won't make as much per unit, but i think a LOT of players will become FORMER Xbox  owners, which will more then make up what they will lose. Brilliant stratagy by sony.

Edited by Big_Daddy_Lee_68

I'm a little curious how the trophies will line up with the new "online system". So Sony has confirmed that you will need PS+ to play online multiplayer. Will there no longer be trophies associated with online then? Another key note here is that while Sony will not restrict used games, they are leaving that decision to the 3rd party developers. So if EA wants to put the screws to us and require a "license" purchase to play used games, they can do that... smart move by Sony honestly; this way they are the hero to the consumer and the developers still have wiggle room.

Well at least tou can upgrade it if you want.

"@yosp: And yes, PS4's HDD is upgradable like PS3 <3"

Yeah i know.

Still kind of a waste of that 500gb disk but i guess ill put that one in my pc then.

Does anyone know what kind of drives fit in the ps4? i presume its the same as ps3 (2,5” SATA HDD type 5400 RPM, 9,5 mm )

And is there anything known about what file format types ps4 supports?

im hoping they add a few like .mkv and .flac

Edited by tw34kfr34ky