What do you do with your completed games!?

SuchRemorse

In the PS1 and PS2 era I’ve always kept all my games. About a year ago I’ve sold all my old PS2 games as they were just collecting dust. Sold my PS1 games so long ago I can’t even remember. (Still kept FF VII, VIII and IX for nostalgia reasons) But since PS3 I immediately trade my games back to the store or, if it’s digital, delete them from the HDD to make room for other games. I’m definitely not a collector anymore.

Considering most my PS4 games are digital. All but 5 of them I just delete from my hard drive. I have PS3 games. No need to sell them now especially to a place like Gamestop because they are not offering much on them anymore.

P.S. I don't have space to have a large physical collection so digital is preferred by me.

This can be a mistake. 

If you guys sold off your Nintendo games some of you probably wish you got them back. 

I still have a copy of Mario Party 3 and that is worth a pretty good price on eBay and various gaming websites. All the NES and SNES games are going to be worth a lot in the future. Mostly thanks to guys like Angry Video Game Nerd and MetalJesusRocks who use them as “nostalgia” things but also because of them being cartridges. 

I have around 15 N64 games that I can sell for around $750 - 1500, because I also kept the manual and the original box covers they were in. PS2 and PS3 games are dirt cheap now but don’t assume they’re going to be that way.

• Like 4

I buy mostly physical games...keep everything...they will get passed on to my kids at some point should they want them...have set aside a ps3 for each of them already with hundreds of games...planning on grabbing a couple ps4s at some point but waiting to see if a new model is released at some point that outperforms the pro...

they've already inherited the wii with a bunch of classic games we bought ages ago when we lived in japan...only crappy part is it is region-locked...useful in keeping up on their japanese skills though (they were born there and my wife takes them to visit family every summer so important for them to stay fluent and literate)...at ages 5 & 7, a very age-appropriate console for them...

also have an original xbox with a gazillion games that I might set up as a first console in a few years since it has tons of couch co-op games...thinking it might be best for our kids to play this way for a bit before allowing them into the online gaming world...

• Like 1

It's depend, for example I've gave to the friend over 100 PS1 games, but kept my favorites to myself. The same I did with PS3 games, sold part, and other part still with me. With fourth generation things a little bit complicated, so I only buy games that I'm about to keep on disks, and others digitally.

7 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have over a thousand PS3, PS4 and Vita games on shelves. I never sell my games and I never download games (except The Grand Tour Game, haha)...

I just think they look good, and I am more of a collector than a trophy hunter or gamer.

I don't like to sell my games anymore. Like I said when I was younger I had a different mindset. And now that I'm Older and want to play some old games over again. I regret selling some of them. Space is the biggest issue for me. 

7 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Delete them from HDD immediately or sell the discs on the first opportunity. They have served their purpose, it's time to leave now.

So you have a small collection?? Do you have any games from older systems or do you really get rid of everything? Have you ever considered just using red box for your games then??? It might be cheaper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

So you have a small collection?? Do you have any games from older systems or do you really get rid of everything? Have you ever considered just using red box for your games then??? It might be cheaper. 

Unfortunately my collection is around 40 games right now. Almost every game i have physically is only avaiable that way, apart from some CODs which are very expensive on PSN. I would use a service as Red Box if that was possible where I live, but it's not. I'm sure my games will make other people happy, since they will no longer make me happy once I've finished them.

• Like 2

I keep the good games and sell the crap or meh games to retro shops for the most part. I made a one exception noted below. Of course, you can't sell digital games back!

I gave my cousin a ton of PS1 and PS2 games because I no longer have the cover art/case to them which makes them worth hardly anything. Literally, gave him like 30-40 games for $20 because he felt bad about taking them for free. I'll probably give him a bunch of old N64 games when that thing finally kicks the bucket too. He's more of a collector than I am. If he ever actually made good money off of it, he'd probably share.

I'll probably go in and trade in about another 20 PS3 games in a month or so to see if I can't get enough money out of them for a used controller or a couple of decent games. I don't really care if they eventually go up in value or not. If my cousin gets rich off a copy of "Spyro the Dragon" in 30 years and doesn't share or a retro shop makes a killing off a copy of The Evil Within so be it. Like I said before, I can't imagine that though without the original artwork.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar

I keep them, always. My biggest regret was passing on my Commodore Amiga and the games for it... I like to keep every game I've ever owned. If it's digital though I'll typically end up uninstalling some when I need the space, but, I don't tend to buy digital often, most my digital games are PS+ or something dirt cheap from sales when I have wallet top up gifts to spend.

I don't really care about keeping EVERY game I ever owned.. (some I bought JUST for trophies) those games I don't care about getting rid of. But I definitely got rid of some that I wish I still had. Some older super Nintendo games. Traded in like 5 or 6 game just to get one back in exchange! Ugh... Those video stores along with gamestop used to be. And still are a rip off.. 

Edited by SuchRemorse
Spelling

I only buy physical copies, so when I 100% them, I sell them on f/cebook marketplace. I'll buy the game from stores either at full price or at discount, then put them for sale for $10-20 less than I bought them for. This way each game only cost me $10-20 to play and complete instead of paying the full price $60. If I buy games at $10, I'll sell them for the same price and don't lose any money. Of course this works best for new games up to 1-2 months from release when they are still hot in the market. Before Xmas, parents bought all the hard-2-sell games off me to give their kids as gifts.

Fighting games (when I have friends over), fun multiplayers or games I want to keep for collection purposes (RDR2, Spyro etc) are saved on my shelf.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have over a thousand PS3, PS4 and Vita games on shelves. I never sell my games and I never download games (except The Grand Tour Game, haha)...

I just think they look good, and I am more of a collector than a trophy hunter or gamer.

Damn, you should show off the shelf space :o 

20 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I was just curious what you people do when you finish your games!?

I keep my collection. I've a big backlog of games, but even games I've completed, I keep on my shelf for collection reasons. I doubt I'll ever replay Infamous Second Son or Spider-Man, but at least I've the option to. 

15 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I buy mostly physical games...keep everything...they will get passed on to my kids at some point should they want them...have set aside a ps3 for each of them already with hundreds of games..

Hopefully you'd be setting them up with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, since those games were childhood. Dunno if they'd like Knack, but LEGO games would be fun for them, considering my niece loves LEGO Dimensions. 

• Like 1