What do you do with your completed games!?

SuchRemorse

I keep them, I still have all games from my younger days, some of them are older than I am. The oldest games I personally own are around 30 years old, cartridges with old Mario games or Nintendo World Cup (the only football game I have ever played). The single oldest game is god knows how old, it is on a console that I can't even name, a game that is a variant of battle chess and with really weird controllers, my father kept that thing from when he was younger, we still keep it and use it every few years.

Most of my games are ps1 games for obvious reasons, I also have quite a few N64, Ps2 and PC games. Some of them I have never played a second time, some get played occasionally every few years and a select few get played at least once per year. Even nowadays I still want most of my games on disc, I only go digital for indie games, games that are remasters/remakes that I already own the originals, if I don't deem it quite worthy to be in my shelf but it is dirt cheap digital, or if it is a great game that is a absolute steal on sale. I got the digital version of Tomb Raider on ps4 because it was free on psplus, I got the digital Nathan Drake collection because I was saving tons of money buying it digital, I was buying the old GTA trilogy digital because I already have the old Vice City and San Andreas on ps2.

Actually owning a collection of games you spent your time on is entirely different than just filling your digital library with all kinds of junk like I do on steam. A game that makes it into my shelf is a game I like and respect, something I had lots of fun with and can play again whenever I like. I don't ever want to risk my account getting fucked up for some stupid reason (sometimes that is outside of your control) and lose all my games. The fact I might some day make quick money in case i am ever really needing it is of course a bonus.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

i keep them all on shelves in my dining room. i even have my nes games in boxes still. my dumbass sister sold all my genesis games when i was younger. my ex gf took all my snes and n64 stuff. but i have all my outdated consoles on a display shelf next to my arcade machine. and then across from that bookshelves with the disc games. rarely ill do a trade in. if a game is really new and i got all the trophies and i know ill never pay it again and can get at least $40 for it or 35 ill trade it in towards a brand new game to save money. but with how fast games lose value now a days i usually throw it on the shelf. i dont know how usefull most of these games will be since ps3 online servers are becoming dead making half the game useless. and one day we prob wont even be able to play ps4 games at all itll prob just lock us out of them. were pretty much in a era where video games are like dodge vehicles, they are throw aways and worthless. a few games i do like having are some of the rare games in my opinion, games i rarely see in stores which i myself consider rare. alot of tv games like duck dynasty. its a worthless game but i like having it because i dont ever see it and a few others i wont name

I never sell my physical games. I think they have their value and, well, I like to look at my collection.

Most of my games are digital, though, but even these ones I have trouble deleting from my console, since I kinda feel attached to them when I finish them. Eventually, I have to force myself to delete them, because I need the space for other games. Of course games I like a lot are and will always be there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I buy mostly physical games...keep everything...they will get passed on to my kids at some point should they want them...have set aside a ps3 for each of them already with hundreds of games...planning on grabbing a couple ps4s at some point but waiting to see if a new model is released at some point that outperforms the pro...

they've already inherited the wii with a bunch of classic games we bought ages ago when we lived in japan...only crappy part is it is region-locked...useful in keeping up on their japanese skills though (they were born there and my wife takes them to visit family every summer so important for them to stay fluent and literate)...at ages 5 & 7, a very age-appropriate console for them...

also have an original xbox with a gazillion games that I might set up as a first console in a few years since it has tons of couch co-op games...thinking it might be best for our kids to play this way for a bit before allowing them into the online gaming world...

That's a great idea! Although I don't know how kids now would like obsolete consoles. I mean I don't know how old you are. But that would be like someone giving me an Atari... I would think it's AWESOME! Because I like games and I collect them! I don't know how much actual playtime it would get though. But it's really good that you are doing that! I wish somone gave me a bazillion games when I was growing up! lol... ?

I can't stand clutter so I only keep games I love and know I am highly likely to replay again, e.g. Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games I'll forever return to. My Dad gets first dibs on any of my completed games (and vice versa) and if he's not interested I usually sell them on eBay.

I've three friends I trust enough to return games if I lend them out - but usually if they're interested in something they will just buy it at launch. :P 

I've got 336 (for now) physical games and I keep all of them, even the bad ones. Slowly building my collection. Sucks most are in storage right now, miss them all sitting on my shelves. I do almost exclusively physical with only the ones that will seem to never get a physical release I get digitally (kicked myself in the face when Bastion and Donut County got a physical). I also don't delete games off the hard drive because I like all the icons being there. I even bought a 4TB external hard drive so I wouldn't have to remove any of the icons from my PS4 home menu. And you can see in my attachment that if my external isn't plugged in it still keeps the icon but replaces the disc icon with a caution sign.lGPYSUc.jpg

• Like 1

Good question! 

1) after platting it, I will most likely sell it because I know for a fact I won't be returning to it. It'll just sit there and collect dust. I'm not too crazy about collecting games unless it's scenario 2 or 3!

2) if I really enjoyed a game and there's replay value post plat I'll for sure keep it. I still play TEKKEN 7 and have clocked over 100 hrs now. Plat time was just 14 hrs so you can see where im coming from. 

3) Sometimes even if I'm done with a game for good I tend to keep the ones that had the most impact on me or if I want to collect a beloved series. For instance I own all of the uncharted discs besides the Vita ones or all of the Batman Arkham games. Atm I'm working on collecting all of the Yakuza series. 

So yea it really depends. My disc collection is quite small actually and all of my discs fit a small TV drawer. Have about 36 discs spread across ps3 and ps4 games. 

• Like 1

MP games like Battlefield I buy digital and they stay installed but everything else non-digital has a resale value so I’ll sell it once fully completed including DLCs (being 100% sure there are no more expansions coming e.g.AC: Origins). I find it’s safer to just take the hit in monetary return by sending to companies such as Music Magpie (UK) than eBay where there’s a high risk of getting scammed. Definitely not CeX though who sell used games for more than they cost brand new!!

I sold a lot of my games when I was younger, but fortunately managed to hold onto the ones that ended up being worth something (e.g. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance); as I recall, the games that I tended to sell were sports/racing games, so I probably got a better deal on them then than I would now. I've never sold a console/handheld, though.

These days, I tend to keep most of the games that I buy. The last game that I sold was The Division after my friends and I beat it and found the post-game lacking.

For my physical games, I put a decent gold spot sticker (One that will not leave any residue after removal, or tear) on the top of the spine, where the PlayStation logo is, so I know I've completed it and to display as completed. For digital, uninstall from console...

1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

I've got 336 (for now) physical games and I keep all of them, even the bad ones. Slowly building my collection. Sucks most are in storage right now, miss them all sitting on my shelves. I do almost exclusively physical with only the ones that will seem to never get a physical release I get digitally (kicked myself in the face when Bastion and Donut County got a physical). I also don't delete games off the hard drive because I like all the icons being there. I even bought a 4TB external hard drive so I wouldn't have to remove any of the icons from my PS4 home menu. And you can see in my attachment that if my external isn't plugged in it still keeps the icon but replaces the disc icon with a caution sign.lGPYSUc.jpg

You don't need to do that. If you scroll to the right you can go into your library section and go where it says games! It will show everything you ever had. Even if you deleted them. Icons and all. 

Digital games I delete, UNLESS they have a hell of a lot of DLC and took days to download.  Then I'll just leave them.

Physical games go up on the shelf.  You never know if you might play them again due to strange circumstances.

Edited by Lorajet
  • Like 1