What do you do with your completed games!?

SuchRemorse

Physical games either go back to the shelf or into storage since I'm more of a collector than a gamer or trophy hunter and I'll never sell any game I spent perfectly good money on. Digital games stay as well, that's what external hard drives are for. When one is full, I buy another

For physicals, I sell them for a good price on eBay, I made hundereds of pounds from it selling all my old PS1, 2 and 3 games, and also all my GBA and DS games. I still remember selling my old GBC Pokemon Silver cartridge for £50... didn't think anyone would pay that much for it. But I usually sold most games for between £10-40 depending on the game. As for my Japanese games, I had taken them to Japan with me and traded them into a store called Book Off.

Now I mostly buy digital so can't do anything with them. I've just kept the physicals for my PS4 and Vita so far as all of them are Japanese versions which I can't sell in the UK. I just keep them and will probably trade them into Book Off when I go again to Japan some time. 

I never trade anything into Game or Gamestop, they're trade in values are horrendous that I'd rather give the game away for free. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki

Keep em for posterity. Before last year, I had only sold two games in my life and regretted it. Then I had to sell off a huge chunk of my collection which broke my heart but it was for a good cause. I've regained a substantial portion of what I lost and have every intention of keeping it from now on!

• Like 1

These days, I always keep my physical games because I like building up a collection. I probably won't play most of these games again, but they're nice to have. As a kid, I often sold games once I was done with them so I could put the money towards something else, but this usually came back to bite me in the ass later when I felt like playing it again. I can remember a few occasions when I rebought a game for more money than I sold it for in the first place.

As for digital games, it depends what platform we're talking about, but generally I keep them installed on PS3/PS4 once they've been completed because HDD space isn't much of an issue for me. I'd say I'm more likely to delete a digital game on Vita once I'm done with it due to the memory card space limitation, but 90% of the games I own on there are physical anyway, so it's not something I have to deal with very often.

• Like 2

90% of the games I own are digital so I just delete those when I'm done obviously. Of the 30 or so game I own physical copies of, I keep them, not for any sentimental reason but just because I'm not going to trade in a decent game for $5 of store credit lol. If I could get 50% back of what I paid for most of those games then I would probably get rid of them but unless it's a collectors edition or a very recent release, even on Amazon that's usually not realistic.

On 26/01/2019 at 5:03 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

I buy mostly physical games...keep everything...they will get passed on to my kids at some point should they want them...

^ This.

I still have all my PS2 games put away under the bed, a lot of which I introduced my son to gaming with on an old PS2. He now has my old PS3, and some of the games I've finished that I feel are age appropriate I've passed onto him. If I like them, he borrows them, or if I didn't like them and only got them second hand/for the trophies/to play through with him he can keep them now.

Nowadays though, I have such a backlog of PS+ titles, that I rarely buy physical games now unless I want to, in a way, archive them for the future (Rockstar titles, etc), or pick them up really cheap.

Once I've completed them, they are just stored away to clear up a bit of shelf room, but considering I rarely buy games at full price, 99% of the time I hang onto them after completion.

There has been the odd exception, which I will sell (I'm looking at you Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust ?)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

You don't need to do that. If you scroll to the right you can go into your library section and go where it says games! It will show everything you ever had. Even if you deleted them. Icons and all. 

Tried everything back before I bought it and no one mentioned it. On PS3 right now, will look when I'm back on my PS4.