Favorite TV Shows

Death

What are some of your favorite TV shows? I don't watch much TV these days since everything is the same :rolleyes:

Some of my favs:

- Cowboy Bebop

- The Killing

- Case Closed (known as 'Detective Conan' in Japan)

- Dragon Ball

- The Three Stooges

- MXC

- Yu Yu Hakusho

- Pokemon (The Original series from 'Indigo League' to 'Master Quest')

- Lupin III

- Sailor Moon

- Unbeatable Banzuke

- The Cosby Show

- Pawn Stars

I don't watch much television anymore either because I usually find myself more interested in things on the internet. Much more of a YouTube addict now. However, I've still got some favorites.

Wilfred is the only show ever that I've seen all the episodes for, granted it's only just finished its first season with thirteen episodes, all of which are available on Hulu. But I plan to continue on with the series as it comes. It's got raunchy humor and one of the best concepts ever, guy in a dog suit. It manages to throw in dirty jokes, but still gives you a strong message about life in each episode. Along with that are guest stars for a nice little surprise. Ryan and Wilfred make a great duo as the main characters, and because of the small cast, you really get to know and like them. I'm a big fan of Elijah Wood (Ryan), namely for his role as Frodo in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and although new to me, Jason Gann brings a lot to the table too. And then you've got Fiona Gubelmann. Oh boy, she's crazy gorgeous. All together they form possibly my favorite cast in a television show ever.

Regular Show is an animated show on Cartoon Network. It's definitely random, but not to the point of absolute obnoxiousness like Adventure Time. Mordecai and Rigby, a blue jay and raccoon pair of best friends, have this weird, well, regular-ness about them. Like they could be you or I. All of the other characters are unique in their own right, ranging from a candy dispenser man to a ghost with a fork-looking hand protruding from his head. The characters all participate in very normal things involved with the care-taking and grounds-keeping of a park, but things end up going awry and turn into some sort of supernatural phenomenon where chaos inevitably follows. All in all, a lot of laughs and action are to be had, two things I appreciate a ton.

That 70's Show is one that's been around a while longer than my other favorites, but I didn't really even watch until a few months ago. It plays on a handful of different channels, so I've always got a decent chance of catching it somewhere. Foreman and the gang all have diverse personalities, but still mesh well together as a group of friends. What I really like about the show is the groovy vibe it gives (pun intended) being that it's set in the 70's, if you couldn't tell by the show's name. Everything just seemed a lot more carefree then. This one is more of a casual watch for me, and I've really only seen a few episodes multiple times. Maybe one day I can be bothered to find them online and have myself a marathon.

• Game of Thrones (Best show since The Wire in my opinion)
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Fringe (I held of for years because of Joshua Jackson but after one episode I was hooked)
  • Breaking Bad
  • Damages
  • Luther
  • The Walking Dead
  • True Blood
  • Community
  • How I Met your Mother
  • Thundercats (The new animated show)
  • The Ultimate Fighter

As a side note, the biggest loss from the .com data loss for me was the Small Screen Gossip group which Rankineer coined in which we talked about different television shows.

• Like 1

As a side note, the biggest loss from the .com data loss for me was the Small Screen Gossip group which Rankineer coined in which we talked about different television shows.

Yeah, very unfortunate to see the group was rolled back into nonexistence. Lost a good 20+ folks and some interesting television conversation. :shakefist:

My Cult of BioShock group was fubared as well. Lost members and the Infinite thread I started with all the links. Bah.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a whole lot of newer shows I enjoy as I think most of them are pure shit. But here are some of my faves:

The Walking Dead

True Blood

The Homeymooners

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits

Nightgallery

All in the Family

Sanford & Son

NYPD Blue

X-Files

Star Trek Next Generation

Waiting for God

To the Manor Born

Are you being Served?

The Thin Blue Line

Fawlty Towers

The New Red Green Show

• 4 weeks later...

I'm enjoying all of the The Walking Dead on peoples lists. :)

My favorite shows recently are probably The Walking Dead, South Park and the typical barrage of cartoons on Fox's sunday night lineup (Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc). No matter how crappy those shows get I still find myself watching them, it soothes me lol.

Okay, so Nickelodeon signed another Dreamworks deal with Kunk Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, and it's kinda... awesome. I thought it was gonna be a major flop, but it's actually pretty enjoyable. The characters have retained their personalities, and any new voice acting is spot on and any change is hardly noticeable. The writing is real good too; I find myself laughing all the time, despite my age, haha. Check it out if you're not too cool for it, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

If I only include shows I've watched every episode of, 1) being best my list goes:

1) brbas2.jpg?w=614 The best TV Show I've ever seen. Beats any film I've ever seen, too.

2) showposter.jpg?v=51967599 Despite the last season sucking...

3) The_Walking_Dead_title_card.jpg

4) The_Inbetweeners_cast.png

5) game_of_thrones_ot_logo.jpg

Edited by willmill97