melodicmizery

this game sucks compared to jc3

19 posts in this topic

wtf is with this game, the layout and map and menu is horrible. granted i havent played it very long, but thats because i didnt realize when the save icon was blinking that i thought it saved, and i came back and nothing saved. and there is no manual save really. i have no clue where i should be going or what i should be doing

now im sure ill get use to it, and have fun. but why the heck change a system that worked? jc3 everything felt so much better and the world and everything felt bigger i dunno like i said maybe its just me but the game made me not want to play it after a few minutes, and then i came back and i still dont feel thrilled to continue at all lol. ima put my ps4 in rest mode because i dont know what even saved if anything. and go to bed and try again tommorow

did anyone else get this same feeling when first starting? is it just ssomething different i need to adjust to and then like it later? with how good just cause 3 was i was super excited for this game but ugh man i think i made a mistake lol

JC3 and is one of the worst games this gen, don't know how people can play it with how bad it runs. 

Really? The map in JC3 felt so empty sometimes. I mean the capital city, Citade Di Ravello, is nothing compared to the Panau capital city from JC2.

It didn't even have an international airport, FFS!

Edited by Lance_87

35 minutes ago, LepreCon91 said:

Yeah but they both suck compared to JC2

This.

As others have said JC3 is one of the most boring maps I have ever seen. It was just so huge an empty that it added 0 to the game. JC2 is one my favourite PS3 games and JC3 was a huge let down to the point I never want to play another Just Cause game again.

Damn I'm like one of the very few weirdos then who loved jc3 and a hella lot more than JC2. 

I haven't played JC4 yet so I can't comment on that but from what I've seen it looks really good and it's like JC3 on steroids. 

1 hour ago, LepreCon91 said:

Yeah but they both suck compared to JC2

Just cause 2 was one of my favourite games

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

wtf is with this game, the layout and map and menu is horrible. granted i havent played it very long, but thats because i didnt realize when the save icon was blinking that i thought it saved, and i came back and nothing saved. and there is no manual save really. i have no clue where i should be going or what i should be doing

now im sure ill get use to it, and have fun. but why the heck change a system that worked? jc3 everything felt so much better and the world and everything felt bigger i dunno like i said maybe its just me but the game made me not want to play it after a few minutes, and then i came back and i still dont feel thrilled to continue at all lol. ima put my ps4 in rest mode because i dont know what even saved if anything. and go to bed and try again tommorow

did anyone else get this same feeling when first starting? is it just ssomething different i need to adjust to and then like it later? with how good just cause 3 was i was super excited for this game but ugh man i think i made a mistake lol

I got the plat a few weeks ago and its a massive slog. U do get used to the map. Not sure which i enjoyed most in jc3 or jc4. There do needs to be a bit more organisingation on the map screen tho. For example a icon filter system

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Just cause 2 was one of my favourite games

I got the plat a few weeks ago and its a massive slog. U do get used to the map. Not sure which i enjoyed most in jc3 or jc4. There do needs to be a bit more organisingation on the map screen tho. For example a icon filter system

Wait, there's no icon filter in JC4? It was in the third... also why they removed the minimap after JC2?

i totally agree jc2 was a great game, but i enjoyed part 3 as well. part 4.....eh. i really just want to blow things up lol, i dont wanna send squads places and rescue people. i want massive total destruction. and im not getting it so far in this game. so far the destruction doesnt even matter its just objectives that are boring lol. the main thing about just cause was blowing things up and now there like eh thats not important go free some npcs and follow them at a slow pace and keep them alive. how boring lol.

JC3 was the first one I played and I thought it was terrible... had me wondering why the series was rated so highly

well if you all hated jc3, youll hate jc4 x10 lol. its not getting any better

ah man this game keeps getting worse lol, once i fall in water i cant seem to swim out lol. the graphics are crap i dont know where the ps4 pro enhancement is. and ricos voice makes me want to stab my ears. oh you got a objective to do? good luck waiting for a boring remote server hack to finish as 300 planes and rockets fly at you

Game wasnt too bad, besides the fact that the best part of the game (ie explosions) has been scaled back.

Map does feel a little empty and no real challenge in the story or any of the wingsuiting, car challenges etc. Kind of just feels like filler to an empty game.

It was average and then i had to grind for the level 14 chaos army and that wrecked any enjoyment i had at all.

JC 1 was cool.

JC 2 was fucking amazing.

JC 3 was more of the same, but with a wingsuit, which, if you'll look to SSX 2012, you'll see it makes EVERY game better.

JC 4 was more of the same, and other than just running better, I couldn't care less and traded that shit in. Luckily I only lost about 6 bucks on my month and a half of owning it.

I will give it another go when it ends up super cheap, as all JC games seem to.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Damn I'm like one of the very few weirdos then who loved jc3 and a hella lot more than JC2. 

I haven't played JC4 yet so I can't comment on that but from what I've seen it looks really good and it's like JC3 on steroids. 

Agree.

I played them in reverse and thought 3 was better than 2. In JC2, even if you capture territory, enemies are still everywhere and one little firefight at a gas station suddenly erupts into World War III. It's a pain in the ass to fully liberate a base because there's no map radar and picking up supply crates counts as part of liberating. So you spend needless hours grappling around looking for crates.

And you are always worried about ammo in that game (granted, I played through on hardcore so maybe the ammo situation was better on normal). 

I think there might be a little nostalgia going on with JC2 but if I was to replay either, I would definitely do 3 again. 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree.

I played them in reverse and thought 3 was better than 2. In JC2, even if you capture territory, enemies are still everywhere and one little firefight at a gas station suddenly erupts into World War III. It's a pain in the ass to fully liberate a base because there's no map radar and picking up supply crates counts as part of liberating. So you spend needless hours grappling around looking for crates.

And you are always worried about ammo in that game (granted, I played through on hardcore so maybe the ammo situation was better on normal). 

I think there might be a little nostalgia going on with JC2 but if I was to replay either, I would definitely do 3 again. 

I played JC2 first but a few things I hated about it that were fixed and made much better in 3 were:

1) you're given a wingsuit for better mobility

2) while cars are still hard to control on JC 3 they're a much better improvement over 2. 

3) you can have multiple tethers!

4) the tethers don't break like in jc2 when you hook large objects

5) physics is ramped up to 1000

6) graphics and the world looks beautiful vs the yellow/ tinted look of JC2 (kind of like how San Andreas was)

7) exploooooooosions! Seriously though even the wooden car explodes xD

For its time JC2 was good but one thing I couldn't tolerate was the amount of people they send after you. And it's a pet peeve of mine but the dialogue was very repititive. I can't count the number of times I've heard "ALL UNITS ATTAAACK!" And yea it's possibly that it's nostalgia talk but each to their own I suppose 

7 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I played JC2 first but a few things I hated about it that were fixed and made much better in 3 were:

1) you're given a wingsuit for better mobility

2) while cars are still hard to control on JC 3 they're a much better improvement over 2. 

3) you can have multiple tethers!

4) the tethers don't break like in jc2 when you hook large objects

5) physics is ramped up to 1000

6) graphics and the world looks beautiful vs the yellow/ tinted look of JC2 (kind of like how San Andreas was)

7) exploooooooosions! Seriously though even the wooden car explodes xD

For its time JC2 was good but one thing I couldn't tolerate was the amount of people they send after you. And it's a pet peeve of mine but the dialogue was very repititive. I can't count the number of times I've heard "ALL UNITS ATTAAACK!" And yea it's possibly that it's nostalgia talk but each to their own I suppose 

- I forgot about how bad the driving was in JC2. It's like you are driving on a hockey rink. The vehicles were pretty bad as well. I ended up using just the dlc vehicles bc the standard ones were pretty pedestrian. And, you'd spend $100,000 on a helicopter and it would be destroyed within 1-2 minutes from all the heat you would attract. 

- I'm glad someone else caught the yellowish tint in the game. I thought it was just me. :)

But yes, I still liked them both as I invested 50-70 hours in each for the platinums. And yes, I will likely get JC4 at some point.