melodicmizery

this game sucks compared to jc3

67 posts in this topic

Think I’m part of the minority if there even is one that enjoyed both 3 and 4. I didn’t have anything to really complain about cause it was quite easy to adapt to the different games and thus i enjoyed them quite a bit

This game is so repetitive do the same 4 /5 side missions to get  a new bout ten minutes story mission.  Makes me wonder if they will even consider a just cause 5 to end up the story especially with how the last dlc ends..  

JC3 is the only game on ps4 that I quit because of the bad performance. Hopefully this one is better.

wtf is this game? well, i believe this could be classified as an absolute monstrosity. this is impressively boring. the absolute only thing is has going for it is a seemingly cool soundtrack at times. everything else makes me want to stab my eyes out and drown myself in the blood. 

On 12/5/2020 at 0:05 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

wtf is this game? well, i believe this could be classified as an absolute monstrosity. this is impressively boring. the absolute only thing is has going for it is a seemingly cool soundtrack at times. everything else makes me want to stab my eyes out and drown myself in the blood. 

i cant even drag myself back t buy the dlc on sale because i dont want to replay the nightmare

14 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i cant even drag myself back t buy the dlc on sale because i dont want to replay the nightmare

Danger Rising is decent but Los Demonios and Dare Devils are absolute trash.

9 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

I have it on good authority dlc 1 and 3 may just cause some enjoy,ent, where as dlc 2 will make you want to hop in a bathtub holding a toaster.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

I hated JC3 for the performance alone. I think i hit 10fps or even lower in certain areas which is just ridiculous for modern gaming to be that bad.

Haven't played much JC4 (got it free on PC and now Plus as well.) but even on PC it looks like shit tbh (as well as so far not being that enthralling, gameplay wise.). I'm scared to see how it runs on base Ps4 to be honest which is one reason why I haven't started playing it.

Why does this game suck exactly? I’ve never played a Just Cause game, but after watching some gameplay this one looks pretty interesting. I’m just not sure how to feel about it. I mean, on one hand it basically looked like an interactive Michael Bay movie! But on the other hand it basically looked like an interactive Michael Bay movie... 

just cause 3 had a few bugs, but mostly it was ok, the challenges were the real fun though, expertly tuned difficulty on quite a few and they were genuinely tough, but in JC4 the challenges are a joke, barely any of them are difficult. and 4 has way more bugs. Still I plan on doing it at some point. Im sure it will be fun even if it never reaches the heights of the third.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Why does this game suck exactly? I’ve never played a Just Cause game, but after watching some gameplay this one looks pretty interesting. I’m just not sure how to feel about it. I mean, on one hand it basically looked like an interactive Michael Bay movie! But on the other hand it basically looked like an interactive Michael Bay movie... 

I’ve played JC 2 and JC 3 and had an extremely good time with both. It has a very unusual style of gun play to it. Basically, blow everything up!

There is no stealth to this game. To defeat a base, you need to go in hot, move fast and look for stuff to blow to smithereens.  People lose their minds on the frame rates dropping but you can still play through it and by no means does it break the game.  I’d say 3 is slightly easier than 2, though both platinums take some serious work. Looks like you’ve played Steep, so you know how to tackle some serious ball-busting challenges. JC3 has a couple similar challenges that will make you scream.
Can’t comment on 4 yet, but I will surely play it at some point. The story is similar to Arnold’s “Last Action Hero.” It’s so over-the-top that it’s making fun of itself. 

I highly recommend it. 

Edited by PerryToxteth

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Nowadays everything has to be one extreme or the other. If something isn't great, it's garbage. Nothing is allowed to be just good anymore.

Edited by HellcoreFire

14 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

because part 2 and 3 like the other guy said were based on a load of havoc and destruction. theres nothing more fun then blowing a bunch of stuff up in vehicles. jc4 took that all away and made you follow around npc soldiers at throttled paces and is a dull boring map with dull boring missions. the entire time you play it you hope its just going to end soon. if jc4 was jc1 and the first of its series it would make sense. i guess if your playing 4 for the first time without playing the other titles it might be ok because your not going into it expecting the fun you had in the previous titles. 

Just Cause 3 almost ran like a slideshow at times. Looking at Just Cause 4 they definitely toned down the explosions, but I wasn’t going to hassle paying money for a PS4 Pro just to make these games run a little better. 

Just Cause 2 is definitely dated. Thankfully you only needed 75 percent, because if you needed 100 percent the collectibles would of been an utter nightmare. 

I hated getting collectibles in JC2, hopefully it was made a lot easier in JC3, JC4 didn't have them lol, except for outposts to discover.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, Spaz said:

Just Cause 3 almost ran like a slideshow at times. Looking at Just Cause 4 they definitely toned down the explosions, but I wasn’t going to hassle paying money for a PS4 Pro just to make these games run a little better. 

Just Cause 2 is definitely dated. Thankfully you only needed 75 percent, because if you needed 100 percent the collectibles would of been an utter nightmare. 

It’s impossible to 100% JC2 on console anyway due to a few bugged collectibles and locations. It’s only possible on PC by use of mods. 

2 hours ago, Connorsonicblura said:

It’s impossible to 100% JC2 on console anyway due to a few bugged collectibles and locations. It’s only possible on PC by use of mods. 

Didn't know about that. At least they didn't make you do it.

Just Cause 4. An outstanding example of the modern games industry being populated by zombified retards.

I still like the series but I do think that JC 4 was a let down, nothing to do but wait for JC 5 now I guess. Avalanche will know 4 didn't hit the mark and improve with the next one.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

Now that I’m playing this game I’m actually finding it to be really fun. The trophies are a little bit grindy, but the gameplay loop is pretty addictive and satisfying. It’s my first JC game so I have nothing to compare it to, but I don’t think it’s as bad as a lot of people say.

I regret starting it, deleted after few hours. The most boring game I've ever played. And now I'm stuck with 2%

On 12/31/2020 at 9:20 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Now that I’m playing this game I’m actually finding it to be really fun. The trophies are a little bit grindy, but the gameplay loop is pretty addictive and satisfying. It’s my first JC game so I have nothing to compare it to, but I don’t think it’s as bad as a lot of people say.

I tried it out on an alt. Definitely runs smoother than Just Cause 3 did, but I feel they toned down the explosions too much.

It's just okay at its best. Then again I never thought Just Cause was all that great a series to begin with, even when I played the older games on the Xbox.

On 2021-01-04 at 5:17 AM, Spaz said:

I tried it out on an alt. Definitely runs smoother than Just Cause 3 did, but I feel they toned down the explosions too much.

It's just okay at its best. Then again I never thought Just Cause was all that great a series to begin with, even when I played the older games on the Xbox.

I heard the same thing, and one of the criticism I’ve seen is that the Chaos mechanic is pretty useless in this game (which is true) compared to JC3, where causing chaos is apparently required to move forward and progress in missions and stuff like this. Paired with the ramped up action and explosions, I can see why this one might seem dull in comparison.

I just finished this one a few minutes ago and it was quite a grind. It is a very repetitive game, and by the end it had definitely worn out it’s welcome a bit. But overall I had a pretty positive experience, and I enjoyed it enough to the point where I’d definitely pick up Just Cause 3 when it goes on sale.

Posted (edited)

On 1/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I heard the same thing, and one of the criticism I’ve seen is that the Chaos mechanic is pretty useless in this game (which is true) compared to JC3, where causing chaos is apparently required to move forward and progress in missions and stuff like this. Paired with the ramped up action and explosions, I can see why this one might seem dull in comparison.

I just finished this one a few minutes ago and it was quite a grind. It is a very repetitive game, and by the end it had definitely worn out it’s welcome a bit. But overall I had a pretty positive experience, and I enjoyed it enough to the point where I’d definitely pick up Just Cause 3 when it goes on sale.

The chaos is not useless. It has less impact simply because of the game's new progression system, which makes absolute sense. On the contrary, the action is better in JC4, especially with it having the strongest heat system in the series. Explosions are visual effects and nothing more, so it being toned down, which was clearly necessary for a better performing and more innovative game via the multi-weather system, is a minor complaint at best not at all worth blowing out of proportion and calling JC4 a huge step back over. Most of what makes Just Cause what it is is still very much intact in JC4. Rico controls better then ever and the core mechanics and physics are still at a high(er) level, which is important for a physics based sandbox game.

The funny thing about your repetition point is that JC4 would be more repetitive if it kept the same formula as JC2. Some people call JC3 JC2.5, despite destruction of government property no longer being the sole key to story progression. Same remarks would probably be made for JC4 if the main thing was to yet again spend a double or higher numerical amount of time liberating base after base after base with chaotic actions again, like in JC2.

Edited by EcoShifter