Binary Dash Star trophy may be impossible

DOAsaturn

On the top 10 overall for Binary Dash, only one person has gotten over 500,000 (about 570,000). That is 430,000 away from the 1,000,000 for the trophy. I don't see that even if you had a perfect game could you actually get anything remotely close to 1,000,000 - so this may be technically impossible. 

Some of the scores this game asks you to do are beyond challenging, while a few have some pretty attainable ones. Not a game for completists...

• Like 1

I tried to calculate the max score, and In my opinion, it is possible, but I'm sure you will need to hit all the lights YEA all of them...  also did a test on how many lights your able to hit every game and the other game I had more lights to press than other games so I think there is some RNG involved.

Edited by Yuichiro-Akuhei
  • Like 1

Nice research! Well then I guess we might say we can move the question from being technically possible to being humanly possible...

One thing with trophies like these is I'd like to know if the developers tested out the scores on their own before setting the trophy qualifications. I decided to tweet the developers on this one yesterday but had yet to receive a reply. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wait for it...

https://streamable.com/z0dvy

?

You can actually miss a bunch and it doesn't even matter, lol. I was playing it pretty safe and wasn't even expecting to come anywhere close to 1m that time.

Last year, I actually tried my hardest and tried pretty much everything I could think of. The best strategy I found was using the xylophone mallets or the xylophone itself so that I could get a better view of the board. I would sometimes get nearly perfect runs... didn't once cross my mind that you needed to clear the bonus round inhumanly fast. I thought I was already being clever by using the prizes the way I was but now I'm not so certain that this isn't how it was intended to be beaten in the first place...?. 

Edited by AllErased
Grammar
  • Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, AllErased said:

Wait for it...

1f60e.png

You can actually miss a bunch and it doesn't even matter, lol. I was playing it pretty safe and wasn't even expecting to come anywhere close to 1m that time.

Last year, I actually tried my hardest and tried pretty much everything I could think of. The best strategy I found was using the xylophone mallets or the xylophone itself so that I could get a better view of the board. I would sometimes get nearly perfect runs... didn't once cross my mind that you needed to clear the bonus round inhumanly fast. I thought I was already being clever by using the prizes the way I was but now I'm not so certain that this isn't how it was intended to be beaten in the first place...1f615.png

Incredible dude! Thanks for sharing this - I've noticed your name on some of the leaderboards. Any other "cheats" with those prizes? I'm still having a hard time getting anything more than 2800 on the shooting gallery - not sure where to find those other 4000 points. The others just seem difficult - bowling is unforgiveable, so many great shots don't knock the pins I think they should... 

It makes some sense that maybe using the prizes for some of these is key

I used the prizes to get the trophies for Binary Dash, Arctic Shuffle, Scarab Toss, and Bowling.

- Arctic Shuffle, I clipped the ring toss board and other objects into the end of the board to stop the penguins from falling off. Seems that others figured this one out too, because some of the score are insane.

- Scarab Toss, I kept throwing the ring toss board into the machine and eventually got an angle that helped to bank the balls into the pot.

- Bowling, I'll just have to make a video showing it. This one is super scummy but it's pretty funny though. Could have easily gotten all strikes but I didn't want to go overboard and ruin the scoreboard in case anyone could pull this nonsense off legit. The bowling physics are absolute trash and if any of the trophies are nigh-impossible to do normally, it's getting three strikes in a row. I'm actually pretty decent at bowling in real life and I tried for probably around 15 hours over a few days and I don't think I once got even two strikes in a row. Throwing the ball overhead, in a straight line, was about the most consistent I could find but even that was an absolute crapshoot. It doesn't look like they tested the Moves with this one for more than a minute before calling it quits. I'll post a video later.

Didn't use a prize for Super Shoot (basketball), but I did set floor really low so that I was more level with the hoop. Had to crouch to pick up the balls, so it was quite a workout, but it was much easier to make the shots. 

The rest I did normally, including the shooting gallery. Don't really remember how I did that one, but it was a pain.

• Like 4

wow, congrats on the plat @AllErased I never thought about using some rewards to my advantage in this game, I will defiantly go back now to clean this list up! 

They only thing I cheesed where you had to slam the mols you can pick up another stick to smash them to make that easier.

@DOAsaturn, I know for the shooting gallery you have some really sneaky targets in the sky up above when I found those out I got the trophy first try.

My only problem is getting the basketball game done because I hit the ceiling when trying to throw it, haha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AllErased said:

And here's the bowling one: https://streamable.com/lyj65

Aim for the top left of the opening or it'll just get stuck.

2708.png1f3b3.png274c.png274c.png274c.png :gold:

@Yuichiro-Akuhei

That's what I did for the whack-a-mole one as well. Forgot to mention it. That also reminds me, I actually did cheese the shooting gallery by using two guns.

Its possible they patched that shooting gallery one - since I've used two guns and it splits the score over two different games lol. I almost feel like bringing the rifle over from the other one just for fun...

On 09/02/2019 at 4:16 PM, AllErased said:

Wait for it...

1f60e.png

Last year, I actually tried my hardest and tried pretty much everything I could think of. The best strategy I found was using the xylophone mallets or the xylophone itself so that I could get a better view of the board. I would sometimes get nearly perfect runs... didn't once cross my mind that you needed to clear the bonus round inhumanly fast. I thought I was already being clever by using the prizes the way I was but now I'm not so certain that this isn't how it was intended to be beaten in the first place...1f615.png

That, is a thing of beauty

• 3 years later...
On 2/11/2019 at 0:33 AM, Spells-337 said:

I used the prizes to get the trophies for Binary Dash, Arctic Shuffle, Scarab Toss, and Bowling.

- Arctic Shuffle, I clipped the ring toss board and other objects into the end of the board to stop the penguins from falling off. Seems that others figured this one out too, because some of the score are insane.

- Scarab Toss, I kept throwing the ring toss board into the machine and eventually got an angle that helped to bank the balls into the pot.

- Bowling, I'll just have to make a video showing it. This one is super scummy but it's pretty funny though. Could have easily gotten all strikes but I didn't want to go overboard and ruin the scoreboard in case anyone could pull this nonsense off legit. The bowling physics are absolute trash and if any of the trophies are nigh-impossible to do normally, it's getting three strikes in a row. I'm actually pretty decent at bowling in real life and I tried for probably around 15 hours over a few days and I don't think I once got even two strikes in a row. Throwing the ball overhead, in a straight line, was about the most consistent I could find but even that was an absolute crapshoot. It doesn't look like they tested the Moves with this one for more than a minute before calling it quits. I'll post a video later.

Didn't use a prize for Super Shoot (basketball), but I did set floor really low so that I was more level with the hoop. Had to crouch to pick up the balls, so it was quite a workout, but it was much easier to make the shots. 

The rest I did normally, including the shooting gallery. Don't really remember how I did that one, but it was a pain.

Legendary. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thanks for all the tips everyone, just started the game a few days ago and it's quite fun. It's funny how you can use the prizes and other items to cheat the scores. I have found another one that can be cheesed, Cannonball Bounce:

I found this one super hard legit, physics seemed unreliable. I found out that you can clip a bunch of stuff through the machine so balls don't fall down, giving you more tries. I used a cone and a boxing glove. When you run out of balls you can get them in the other machine. Keep in mind that you can only restart the other machine once, after I restarted it twice, the machine I was using reset as well. The machine can also randomly reset if you throw too many balls

Visual reference:

Spoiler

1896acb7ad394-screenshotUrl.jpg

and from the inside of the machine:

1896acbbce271-screenshotUrl.jpg

Below you can find my prize placements for Scarab Toss, Rocket Ball, and Arctic Shuffle:

Spoiler

Scarab Toss

Screenshot_2023-07-20_224233.png

Rocket Ball

Screenshot_2023-07-20_224210.png

Arctic Shuffle

Screenshot_2023-07-20_224103.png

Here I'm making a playlist of runs for all arcades with scores required for the trophies, I haven't found many videos of runs with trophy-required scores, so if anyone needs a reference here you go:

I will update it as I go for the platinum, if I find something else that wasn't mentioned I will update the thread :)

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1