Let's Play Ys

6 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Dragon-Archon I'm not sure if you have seen but Falcom have announced that Memories of Celceta is getting a PS4 release this year

Oh I didn't know that. Is it a simple port or will it have additional features (maybe an in-game counter to keep track of chests and harvest points per area?).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! =)

I've unlocked also the platinum trophy of Memories of Celceta, so I've completed all the three games.

My choices for the emblems:

Memories of Celceta: Karna (I'll pick Frieda with the PS4 version ?);

Lacrimosa of Dana: blue Dana;

Origin: the one with Feena (I hope she's Feena... Anyway, the one in the top left) and the other with the two goddesses (Feena & Reah, top right).

Thank you! ?

Edit: three Ys Origin platinum trophies! Together with the two written previously I add the Yunica emblem. :lol:

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
Added the third Ys Origin platinum trophy! =)

i remember awhile back a member, Exhaseo said he had problems getting the platinum for Ys Origin because he said the person who created the guide lacked some crucial information and didn't even have the platinum him or herself. so i've definitely been hesitating on even starting that game lol.

i will definitely be getting the ps4 versions of ys 8 and memories of celceta. had a grand time getting the platinums for those on vita. 

3 hours ago, RJP_X said:

i remember awhile back a member, Exhaseo said he had problems getting the platinum for Ys Origin because he said the person who created the guide lacked some crucial information and didn't even have the platinum him or herself. so i've definitely been hesitating on even starting that game lol.

i will definitely be getting the ps4 versions of ys 8 and memories of celceta. had a grand time getting the platinums for those on vita. 

If you need to know where to find stuff, gamefaqs has a walkthrough.  Steam probably does as well.  Otherwise, the guide is solid enough for what you need to know and there is nothing missable in Ys Origin.  If you run into trouble feel free to mention me here and I'll be glad to help.  I have both PS4 and Vita plats in the game and the Steam 100% and pretty much have memorized by now where to find everything. 

Though I will say, it might actually be a bit easier for the Ys Origin plat to do 3 easy difficulty runs and then do three nightmare runs.  Doing them all on normal and then all on nightmare is a valid technique and what I said about doing an extra very easy run not really being worth it for the max level one is legit, but the max level grind likely will be easier if you do at least one character on easy and use that one for max level grind.  The guide writer did add my suggestions for max level grinding and the arena mode glitch that makes getting all blessings a piece of cake on nightmare (though you'll get them on your way to max level, there is absolutely no need to do extra grinding for that trophy but it does give you an extra edge on nightmare that can make a difference).

My other tip?  Save often.  Both versions do have issues with occasional freezing.  The only really hard trophies are nightmare boss rush and beating all six arena stages on nightmare. To me Ys Origin is a very fair plat to get and well worth it since both versions are UR plats and buying the game gives access to both if you want to be insane like me and get both stacks.  Nightmare boss rush is very doable.  I honestly sucked at the game originally and eventually did it with some practice. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

If you need to know where to find stuff, gamefaqs has a walkthrough.  Steam probably does as well.  Otherwise, the guide is solid enough for what you need to know and there is nothing missable in Ys Origin.  If you run into trouble feel free to mention me here and I'll be glad to help.  I have both PS4 and Vita plats in the game and the Steam 100% and pretty much have memorized by now where to find everything. 

Though I will say, it might actually be a bit easier for the Ys Origin plat to do 3 easy difficulty runs and then do three nightmare runs.  Doing them all on normal and then all on nightmare is a valid technique and what I said about doing an extra very easy run not really being worth it for the max level one is legit, but the max level grind likely will be easier if you do at least one character on easy and use that one for max level grind.  The guide writer did add my suggestions for max level grinding and the arena mode glitch that makes getting all blessings a piece of cake on nightmare (though you'll get them on your way to max level, there is absolutely no need to do extra grinding for that trophy but it does give you an extra edge on nightmare that can make a difference).

My other tip?  Save often.  Both versions do have issues with occasional freezing.  The only really hard trophies are nightmare boss rush and beating all six arena stages on nightmare. To me Ys Origin is a very fair plat to get and well worth it since both versions are UR plats and buying the game gives access to both if you want to be insane like me and get both stacks.  Nightmare boss rush is very doable.  I honestly sucked at the game originally and eventually did it with some practice. 

wow, thanks a lot. this post kinda boosted my morale toward the game. actually half the time i think of games that are in my backlog, this game is the one i think of least.

its been awhile, like back in late 2017 while, but i think the users problem with getting the platinum was regarding a school girl uniform, or a swim suit maybe? i think that was what his main complaint was toward the guide. 

another reason i've hesitated on the game is i wasn't certain how difficult getting the platinum would be, on top of there possibly being some valuable missing information that would prevent me from getting the platinum if the game had a lack of sources due to being quite niche. 

i will refer to your post for this game, and also think of you to contact if i'm in need of help. =D 

3 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

wow, thanks a lot. this post kinda boosted my morale toward the game. actually half the time i think of games that are in my backlog, this game is the one i think of least.

its been awhile, like back in late 2017 while, but i think the users problem with getting the platinum was regarding a school girl uniform, or a swim suit maybe? i think that was what his main complaint was toward the guide. 

another reason i've hesitated on the game is i wasn't certain how difficult getting the platinum would be, on top of there possibly being some valuable missing information that would prevent me from getting the platinum if the game had a lack of sources due to being quite niche. 

i will refer to your post for this game, and also think of you to contact if i'm in need of help. =D 

Ah, it would be for unlocking Yunica's school girl outfit and to be quite honest until a few people actually got the plat it wasn't 100% for sure what the unlock conditions would be and that wasn't the fault of the guide writer.  The original Japanese version had unlock conditions of beating the game on every difficulty with every character.  Falcom asked Xseed to change that to beat the game with the EX version of every character for the English Steam release.  This version does have the same unlock requirements as the English PC release.  You want to do the runs with the EX versions on nightmare because beating on nightmare with each character is the quickest way to unlock arena stage 7 which is also needed for the shoplifter trophy.  So you just have to be sure to unlock the EX versions before starting your nightmare runs and select extra for the version and you'll unlock those once you finish the nightmare runs. 

So pretty much it goes as follows: beat the game with each character on any of the initial difficulties available.  It is likely a good idea to do one of them on easy to make it easier to grind to max level.  Make sure to keep a save for one of them to use for your max level grinding.

Grind in arena mode until you have all the EX versions unlocked.  You can try and do the trophy for beating it on nightmare during this.  Once you have that trophy, it's best to grind on the highest difficulty of demonic core that you can  consistently beat.

beat the game on nightmare with the EX versions of all characters

Beat nightmare boss rush at some point, EX Hugo is the easiest to do it with.

Grind one of the characters to level 60

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the OP. Here are the trophies for the ones who completed the games :D

@Crimson Idol

c5QdAYr.pngH9DCbdD.png

@Kevvik

m9RWwRB.png

@ladynadiad

KfJxTLW.pngKxANPSj.pngNklvnRP.pngrnF587h.pngZQrbPJx.png

@ex10097

zqxdyrT.pngJhdfdFj.pngmeKfKYG.png

@Phoenix_argentea

b5ltAJc.png7o5bqP0.pngFHAAInT.pngRS1Wzsh.pngoUaX5eB.png

On 27-1-2019 at 4:32 PM, viech54 said:

Nice, was waiting for this. Definitely sign me up for this event. I have Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4) and Memories of Celceta. Not sure which emblems I want just yet, will tell you once I know. Also started Origin on PS4 a while ago, might be what I need to get back into it. Could also be enough to make me get Lacrimosa on the Vita and plat it again. If only I had some space left on my Vita. Have to clear some other games first.

On 31-1-2019 at 2:13 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I have 100% in Ys Origin, I wouldn't particularly have much interest in the other two, but if they added Ark of Napishtim I'd probably end up 100%ing that, I had the demo in the past but never got to play the whole game.

Overall though Ys games are good fun.

Let me know which trophies you want.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Let me know which trophies you want.

Sorry, still haven't made up my mind. But there's a small update: After using the Ys VIII Dual Destinies PS4 theme and listening to the music on PS4, I really wanted to play Ys VIII again. Got my hands on the US PS4 version and the EU PSV version of Ys VIII, so there'll be some more Ys VIII emblems for me in the future. Not sure when, some other games need to be completed first.

4 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Sorry, still haven't made up my mind. But there's a small update: After using the Ys VIII Dual Destinies PS4 theme and listening to the music on PS4, I really wanted to play Ys VIII again. Got my hands on the US PS4 version and the EU PSV version of Ys VIII, so there'll be some more Ys VIII emblems for me in the future. Not sure when, some other games need to be completed first.

That's ok, take your time.

Oh, I didn't notice this topic. I will join, I have the platinum in Memories of Celceta and I've started both Lacrimosa of Dana (Vita) and Origin (PS4).

For the Celceta emblem I'll take Calilica, it surprised me but I had more fun playing as her than any of the other characters.

On 18-3-2019 at 6:08 AM, Arctic Cress said:

Oh, I didn't notice this topic. I will join, I have the platinum in Memories of Celceta and I've started both Lacrimosa of Dana (Vita) and Origin (PS4).

For the Celceta emblem I'll take Calilica, it surprised me but I had more fun playing as her than any of the other characters.

Congrats with platting Celceta :yay: . Which name should I put on the trophy: Arctic Cress or Articuno2001?

Now that the God Eater 3 plat is out of the way & I don't feel like playing any of the games I started a while ago (KH3, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires), it's time for a second stack of Lacrimosa of Dana (US PS4). I'll also use my playthroughs to test the guide we wrote and make any adjustments if necessary.

For my first Lacrimosa trophy, I'll take regular Dana. Since this is basically her game, starting with her seems like the best choice to me.

For Memories of Celceta (PSV), I'll wait until completing the PS4 Remaster before making up my mind.

On 2-4-2019 at 8:27 AM, Arctic Cress said:

My forum name, please. I plan to change my PSN name in the future.

Here you are:

RMvGT63.png

On 2-4-2019 at 10:00 PM, viech54 said:

Now that the God Eater 3 plat is out of the way & I don't feel like playing any of the games I started a while ago (KH3, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires), it's time for a second stack of Lacrimosa of Dana (US PS4). I'll also use my playthroughs to test the guide we wrote and make any adjustments if necessary.

For my first Lacrimosa trophy, I'll take regular Dana. Since this is basically her game, starting with her seems like the best choice to me.

For Memories of Celceta (PSV), I'll wait until completing the PS4 Remaster before making up my mind.

Sure thing, here's the first one:

Rp7ZlNQ.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure thing, here's the first one:

Rp7ZlNQ.png

Thanks, looking great. Will add this to my trophy checklist once I actually continue working on it. One thing, though: Do I need to be worried about a bug preventing me from editing old posts? I recall something lke that going around a while ago.

And does anyone know which JP/Asian Ys versions have English subtitles? I'm considering going all the way and completing all Ys games on PS4/PSV that have trophy lists. It'd be 6 x Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana, 4 x Ys Origin, and 2 x Ys Memories of Celceta as of today if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by viech54