Dragon-Archon

Let's Play Ys

102 posts in this topic

Just Platted the Vita version of Lacrimosa of Dana, and with the previous PS4 one,

I hear there's a bonus trophy waiting for Platting them both? ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ala-Arska said:

Just Platted the Vita version of Lacrimosa of Dana, and with the previous PS4 one,

I hear there's a bonus trophy waiting for Platting them both? ;)

Congrats with platting both versions:yay: . What are your thoughts about the game when comparing it to the PS4 version?

 

Unfortunately, the bonus trophy has been discontinued :awesome: ... seriously though, you've earned it. Which trophy do you want for completing the vita version of Ys VIII?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much :lol:

 I'd like the Sahad Nautilus trophy. He's such an easygoing guy, and gotta love that anchor-made-weapon :lol:

 

I loved the Vita version almost as much as the PS4 version.

PS4 does cast a big shadow over it, when compared (Dana sequence dungeons, every big fish and jewels, night quests missing, loading times are much longer, no green or red "Danas").

But it's still a blast to play, and as it's own stands taller than 95% of similar games (in my eyes, anyway) :awesome:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ala-Arska said:

Thank you very much :lol:

 I'd like the Sahad Nautilus trophy. He's such an easygoing guy, and gotta love that anchor-made-weapon :lol:

 

I loved the Vita version almost as much as the PS4 version.

PS4 does cast a big shadow over it, when compared (Dana sequence dungeons, every big fish and jewels, night quests missing, loading times are much longer, no green or red "Danas").

But it's still a blast to play, and as it's own stands taller than 95% of similar games (in my eyes, anyway) :awesome:

Here you are:

ph6apZF.pngYwnOiHh.png

 

You're the third person to obtain the bonus trophy :yay: .

 

It's good to know you enjoyed the Vita version after experiencing the PS4 version. I was worried it might seem very inferior. Also, how was Le-Kyanos on Nightmare? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking very nice, thank you for the lovely trophies :awesome:

 

Le-Kyanos on Nightmare on Vita was only slightly harder than the rest of the dinos, took it down on my second attempt. That meteor storm-thingy was unfair, though.

But, I knew what I was getting into, and was mentally prepared to the dance of death :giggle:

 

On PS4, Le-Kyanos isn't even an issue, you can pretty much wipe the floor with him with your level-up-as-much-as-you-like Dana :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ala-Arska said:

Looking very nice, thank you for the lovely trophies :awesome:

 

Le-Kyanos on Nightmare on Vita was only slightly harder than the rest of the dinos, took it down on my second attempt. That meteor storm-thingy was unfair, though.

But, I knew what I was getting into, and was mentally prepared to the dance of death :giggle:

 

On PS4, Le-Kyanos isn't even an issue, you can pretty much wipe the floor with him with your level-up-as-much-as-you-like Dana :lol:

Nice, congrats :yay: . It took me about 10 retries to get it done. I've heard Le-Kyanos is a cakewalk on the PS4 version due to being able to level up and change forms.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree with @Ala-Arska about the differences Vita/PS4 of Ys VIII. The Vita version has less contents, but it's always a great game! 😊 Seriously, after I finished the Vita version I wanted a NA version of the game for another platinum... :P I didn't miss all the extra stuff of the PS4 version, maybe the Dana segments are weak compared to the PS4. But surely the fog saurus in the Dana segment is harder on Nightmare difficulty, since you had no equipment, some dragon fruits and level locked to 60. I struck it down it after 4 or 5 attempts, but you need to study its attack pattern and master the flash move/flash guard, because every hit deals a lot of damage. It's hard, but not frustrating. 😉

 

Anyway, I wanted to know something about the  PS4 version of Memories of Celceta. Since I didn't find any trophy list during the previous days, I searched on the "games section" of the site... And I've found the Japan PS4 version shares the same trophy list of the Vita one! 😭😭 Seriously, no stackable platinum for Memories of Celceta? Is there anyone who knows something?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Anyway, I wanted to know something about the  PS4 version of Memories of Celceta. Since I didn't find any trophy list during the previous days, I searched on the "games section" of the site... And I've found the Japan PS4 version shares the same trophy list of the Vita one! 1f62d.png1f62d.png Seriously, no stackable platinum for Memories of Celceta? Is there anyone who knows something?

 

Blame me :giggle: I reported that the list is shared between JP PS4 and JP VITA versions. I suspected as much already when no new list showed up after the 16th but as I own the NA and JP VITA versions as well, I held onto hope... right until I got my copy yesterday. Not that the shared list keeps me from playing this game again and again.

 

(If the remaster makes it to NA/EU, I Imagine that there may be another, new list - depending on the company who picks this up.)

 

Oh yeah! In my wildest and most crazy dreams (ง ˃̶͈̀ᗨ˂̶͈́)۶ @Dragon-Archon will make a Gruda special trophy for people who have completed 2 stacks of Celceta. Regardless of that it’d clash horribly with the rest and wouldn’t fit the underlying theme of all the other awesome trophies at all :awesome:

 

Okay. I’ll stop fooling around now ( ̄▽ ̄) grab a snack, and then go back to the Foliage Ocean!

 

 

On 2nd thought, this is a LP, isn’t it. I never participated in one before but the trophies look incredible. (Hi, Ozma!) Does LP mean I can occasionally post about my progress and sneakily share Gruda random screenshots of beauty as I play? 

 

Edited by Fenrirfeather
More smart thoughts (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the recently released PS4 port of Trails of Cold Steel (and looks like Cold Steel II will follow suit) also shares a list with the original PS3/Vita list, it might just be something that Falcom does. Don't understand why Ys Origin has separate lists though (Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII have enough differences between the PS4/Vita content to warrant different lists).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Anyway, I wanted to know something about the  PS4 version of Memories of Celceta. Since I didn't find any trophy list during the previous days, I searched on the "games section" of the site... And I've found the Japan PS4 version shares the same trophy list of the Vita one! 1f62d.png1f62d.png Seriously, no stackable platinum for Memories of Celceta? Is there anyone who knows something?

I'm surprised by this as I assumed PS4 Celceta would have extra content instead of being a simple port. 

 

12 minutes ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Oh yeah! In my wildest and most crazy dreams (ง ˃̶͈̀ᗨ˂̶͈́)۶ @Dragon-Archon will make a Gruda special trophy for people who have completed 2 stacks of Celceta. Regardless of that it’d clash horribly with the rest and wouldn’t fit the underlying theme of all the other awesome trophies at all :awesome:

 

Okay. I’ll stop fooling around now ( ̄▽ ̄) grab a snack, and then go back to the Foliage Ocean!

Fun fact: I did at first create trophies with antagonists for Ys Origin. For Celceta I thought of using Nina for the special trophy, but might just change Leeza as the bonus trophy, since no one picked that one yet.

 

Have fun with Celceta.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

 

Blame me :giggle: I reported that the list is shared between JP PS4 and JP VITA versions. I suspected as much already when no new list showed up after the 16th but as I own the NA and JP VITA versions as well, I held onto hope... right until I got my copy yesterday. Not that the shared list keeps me from playing this game again and again.

 

(If the remaster makes it to NA/EU, I Imagine that there may be another, new list - depending on the company who picks this up.)

 

 

At first I thought the Japan version could be delayed, but when I saw the shared list I thought it was following the same fate of Trails of Cold Steel  (the PS4 shares the same trophy of the PS3/Vita, as @Arctic Cress reported). With "your copy" you mean the PS4 Japan version, right? Does it have also English text or only Japanese?

I hope for a different western list, but surely I'll buy (and play) that version ;). But it's strange that Celceta has this shared list while Origin and Lacrimosa of DANA have two lists for PS4 and Vita. I mean, what's wrong with Celceta? It doesn't deserve this treatment! :angry:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 5:58 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

At first I thought the Japan version could be delayed, but when I saw the shared list I thought it was following the same fate of Trails of Cold Steel  (the PS4 shares the same trophy of the PS3/Vita, as @Arctic Cress reported). With "your copy" you mean the PS4 Japan version, right? Does it have also English text or only Japanese?

I hope for a different western list, but surely I'll buy (and play) that version ;). But it's strange that Celceta has this shared list while Origin and Lacrimosa of DANA have two lists for PS4 and Vita. I mean, what's wrong with Celceta? It doesn't deserve this treatment! :angry:

 

Lacrimosa of Dana mostly got different lists for PS4 and Vita because the PS4 version has significant changes and additions.  The same wasn't true for Celceta and Cold Steel.  But hey, if I want to play for trophies/achievements again, I have the PC versions of those games.  I'm actually slowly chipping away at the PC versions of Celceta and Seven.

 

What makes little sense to me is why Ys Origin has two separate trophy lists when both versions are the same game.  Also you get both versions when buying it

 

So is anyone else going to be getting Ys IX in Japanese when it comes out in September?  I just preordered it because I don't want to wait the year or more it will take to get localized to play it.  It just looks amazing and at least Ys games are a bit more import friendly than Trails is.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

So is anyone else going to be getting Ys IX in Japanese when it comes out in September?  I just preordered it because I don't want to wait the year or more it will take to get localized to play it.  It just looks amazing and at least Ys games are a bit more import friendly than Trails is.

Sadly, I don't have a choice as I can't read Japanese. I'm planning to buy the English version on release. Here's hoping it won't take a year or more, like with Cold Steel III.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sadly, I don't have a choice as I can't read Japanese. I'm planning to buy the English version on release. Here's hoping it won't take a year or more, like with Cold Steel III.

 

Well I sure am hoping it won't take that long, but Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana did take a bit over a year.  Lacrimosa of Dana was actually a bit longer since we had to wait for the PS4 version to come out before we got a localization announcement.  I'll still get the English despite importing, I already have CS3 preordered (and the really pricey LE on NISA's website to boot).

 

And I admit, my skills at reading Japanese aren't great, but slowly improving as I play more imports.  I just hope Ys IX will be added to the LP

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

 

Well I sure am hoping it won't take that long, but Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana did take a bit over a year.  Lacrimosa of Dana was actually a bit longer since we had to wait for the PS4 version to come out before we got a localization announcement.  I'll still get the English despite importing, I already have CS3 preordered (and the really pricey LE on NISA's website to boot).

 

And I admit, my skills at reading Japanese aren't great, but slowly improving as I play more imports.  I just hope Ys IX will be added to the LP

Yeah, I'll add Ys IX to the LP, but probably after playing the English version, so that I know which persons to put on a trophy :lol: .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.6.2019 at 2:10 AM, ladynadiad said:

So is anyone else going to be getting Ys IX in Japanese when it comes out in September?  I just preordered it because I don't want to wait the year or more it will take to get localized to play it.  It just looks amazing and at least Ys games are a bit more import friendly than Trails is.

Already preordered MHW Iceborne (twice, once the JP LE, once the digital EU one to play it asap, i. e. on September 6 at midnight), which also has a September release date. This game will keep me busy for some 100 hours, don't think I can make time for Ys IX around its release.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across this gameplay trailer of Ys IX. The movement looks a lot more fluid than in Ys VIII.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleared Ys XIII and I pick Ricotta (I liked Dana too but I feel like too many pick her)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Ys: Memories of Celceta. How do you get the last 0.5% of the Map of Celceta? I know Mt. Vesuvio: Volcano adds 3% and I see the complementary guide shows some rivers fully mapped.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

On Ys: Memories of Celceta. How do you get the last 0.5% of the Map of Celceta? I know Mt. Vesuvio: Volcano adds 3% and I see the complementary guide shows some rivers fully mapped.

 

Look for areas on the full map that have blurry edges rather than sharp and distinct edges and go to those.  There is actually a bit over 100% so you are able to get it before heading to the last area.  The blurry edges indicate there is more to map around there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Playthrough(Memories of Celceta) is over. got all but the missable trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-7-2019 at 5:32 PM, Leon Castle said:

Cleared Ys XIII and I pick Ricotta (I liked Dana too but I feel like too many pick her)

Completely forgot about this, will take care of it after getting home.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Interest in this 👑 topic cannot die, IX is so close that I can almost feel it! So where is my PS4 port of VIII NOO, I MEAN VI again? Ernst is best man ♡

 

First things first, I was going to turn my badge-claiming post into a photo safari ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و but my endeavour was stopped short when the image hosts I tried to use either showed blank or seem to resize my screenshots (shameless testing with this post). I hope to still get around to posting at least a few screenshots of the cast (including Canlilika’s scrunched up expression when she complains again ( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ) from a computer but not sure when. 

 

My platinum screenshot is the title screen 

 

 

606-A319-D-DA6-B-4646-A9-E8-F0-FAE23-E9-

 

 

 

so I want to pretend that this one signifies my completion of the game instead ♪

32-E6-AAB5-9-EA4-49-CA-8-E62-DAB4-EF579-

 

 

For completing Celceta, I’d like to have one fine Ozma, please (:ᘌꇤ⁐ꃳ 三 (with my PSN ID/Fenrirfeather)

 

(No rush, please do this when you have a moment to spare.)

 

Edited by Fen
(╯°□°)╯formatting + I meant VI
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-7-2019 at 5:32 PM, Leon Castle said:

Cleared Ys XIII and I pick Ricotta (I liked Dana too but I feel like too many pick her)

That's because Dana is a better character than Ricotta :P. Congrats again with clearing Ys VIII:yay: . What are your thoughts about the game (things like story, characters, gameplay, soundtrack, trophies, etc.)? Here's your trophy, don't forget to save the trophy on your computer as a backup in case something happens to imgur.

lnRQnDi.png

 

21 hours ago, Fen said:

Interest in this 👑 topic cannot die, IX is so close that I can almost feel it! So where is my PS4 port of VIII again? Ernst is best man ♡

 

First things first, I was going to turn my badge-claiming post into a photo safari ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و but my endeavour was stopped short when the image hosts I tried to use either showed blank or seem to resize my screenshots (shameless testing with this post). I hope to still get around to posting at least a few screenshots of the cast (including Canlilika’s scrunched up expression when she complains again ( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ) from a computer but not sure when. 

 

My platinum screenshot is the title screen 

  Hide contents

 

606-A319-D-DA6-B-4646-A9-E8-F0-FAE23-E9-

 

 

 

so I want to pretend that this one signifies my completion of the game instead ♪

32-E6-AAB5-9-EA4-49-CA-8-E62-DAB4-EF579-

 

 

For completing Celceta, I’d like to have one fine Ozma, please (:ᘌꇤ⁐ꃳ 三 (with my PSN ID/Fenrirfeather)

 

(No rush, please do this when you have a moment to spare.)

 

Let's hope that Ys IX's release will boost interest in this thread again. Congrats with clearing Celceta :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game (things like story, characters, gameplay, collectibles, soundtrack, trophies, etc.)? Here's your trophy, I believe it's the first time Ozma was picked. Don't forget to save the trophy on your computer as a backup in case something happens to imgur.

 

GTtjq1Q.png

 

Which image-hosting site did you use? I use imgur and it works great.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What are your thoughts about the game (things like story, characters, gameplay, soundtrack, trophies, etc.)

I liked all of it... still the Origin of Life was a pain on nightmare, the final boss was too until I learned you could make use of break enchantment equipment (The damn beast got no chance to use it's all killing move thanks to me breaking it to death). then Griselda was talking to Adol and mentioned "Celceta" which made me interested in playing Ys IV, that said I finished Ys IV: Memories of Celceta so I like a Leeza trophy.

 

Next Ys I do(After i get them of course) would be the Esteria trilogy(Ys I & II and Ys Origin)

Edited by Leon Castle
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.