Valkyrie Queen Level?

Farhad_S

Yes and no. A lot of it takes skill and practice - When I did it, I farmed for mist echoes to get the level 9 gear and then equipped my highest level weaponary with as many legendary enchantments I could fit into the slots and I got a resurrection stone too. When the battle starts and the queen rubs your face in the dirt, I held square so Atreus can set wolves on her and then I just spammed both the special attacks with the axe and blades and blocking inbetween until she was dead. I did die at one point and Atreus revived me so I activated rage of sparta and started throwing boulders at her and having the game set to easy makes a difference too :)

• Like 2

Wow that sounds like a plan. Will try that. I'm level 9, but more thanks to the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages with its three enchantments (Andvari's Soul, Ivaldi's Corrupted Mind, and a third generic one as for some reason I'm missing Asgard's Shard of Existence, Eye of the Outer Realm and Muspelheim Eye of Power (costs too much right now).

I haven't fully upgraded my chest armor as that would require way too much grinding in Muspelheim. Might be forced to do that anyway if I'm still struggling.

@Farhad_S The only time I bought anything from the shop was for the Valkrie, I saved her till last. Doing the trials in Muspelheim and side quests gets you decent gear. Opening all the treasure chests in Nifheim for example gets you a few decent items but you wanna be level 9 at least and built for fucking war if you want to take the queen on :)

• Like 2

Even in easy you stand no chance unless you're at least a level 8. She hits hard, mostly unblockable moves too. The most important thing to do is learn is dodging the attacks where she flies at you three or four times, if she gets you she will stomp your head in and take a huge portion of your health off (or kill you)

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2019 at 5:47 PM, BDRick35 said:

was Level 8 and beat her on easy first try. had to use the rage resurrection stone though. After reading this thread before i expected worse.

This, ive been taking my time with the game as im writing a walkthrough, I have the official guide and I have been researching on the net thoroughly.

I played through to the end once, spent a few hours on a single valkyrie, I then begun again now I knew the game and began writing.

This 2nd time, I planned everything out, 100% the game and saving all Valks till last. Once I was ready to fight them, I killed every Valk 1st time without using a resurrection stone.

Even the Queen died first time, but I was close to using a resurrection stone.

This was all on easy, but point is, even the Queen can be cheesed. Those that are struggling, you either have a insufficient build or its due to the difficulty. 

I cant say ow my build woud fare on higher difficulties but guess would still work as I hadnt used the revive stone and also I wastes some runics at the start as I didnt know the queen jumps straight on you unlike the rest.

• Like 1

level, magic and weapons are useful but you just have to remember her patterns; this are the same as the other valkiries (for example, she uses the lava attack like the muspelheim one). the valkiries are set to prepare you to beat the queen: if you have struggled with one, you Will have a bad time with the queen.

she took me 4 times to beat her in normal difficulty, not so troublesome IMHO ? . i've enjoyed my time but i Will NOt ever never try it in god difficulty

Edited by pieroV_86

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say to get dodging, and learning the attack pattern helps a lot. It also depends on the build you're doing, so find all the equipment you need beforehand. I played that fight on NG+, and even after that I lowered the difficulty, but it's doable on normal if you focus. Can't imagine on Hard or Give Me God of War.

If you want some help on armor, Niflheim Mist Armor (the one you create on the Ivaldi's Labyrinth quest) has a regeneration passive ability, so it helps a bit.

I played on God of War difficulty, as I like a challenge in such games. I had the fully maxed out dwarven armor of sigri, all the runes I could find that upgrade cooldown and a beserkers resurrection stone. What I did was spam my light and heavy runes with the axe, then spam the attacks with the blades of chaos, then made Atreus spawn those wolves, while doing some heavy attacks with the blades. After she recovered, I turned on Spartan rage to avoid damage and keep getting her cornered. By that time she was already a fair bit down. Then I just repeated the process with the rune attacks.

• 2 months later...

At Level 8 and facing her on Normal, I tried twice but died with her at like 25% health. I decided I wanted the Platinum and put the game on Easy. After getting close to defeating her on Normal, she wasn't too bad on Easy mode - but I do feel like I cheated myself out of the experience. Still love having the Plat though. haha

This fight was a pain compared to the rest of the game, use the wolves as a summon they work wonders! Higher your tier the less damage you take but its very minimal differences if the stats on the gear you are sacrificing aren't great. Takes a few tries but am sure you will do it. Everything you've used in in the game up until now essentially tweak and play around with. 

Use all your abilities every chance you get and don't stop moving... 

Spoiler

if you decide to collect everything in the game you'll have an easier time. but it can be done with valkyrie/mist gear and that talisman that stops time (buys time to grab health drops) or get a free attack in.

interrupt is friend as it can buy time to cancel an attack.

only upgraded my gear a few times for her it makes things easier slightly, the squirrel may help too if like health but gotta use em fast.

Edited by lordguwa

• 3 weeks later...

I did not prepare my build for this fight, level 8, went in with what I was using so far.

Took me like 50 attempts and quite a time to beat her honestly, like a couple hours. But in the end, this is all about learning and patience.

Learn her patterns, and wait for the right opportunities. First I struggled hard, thinking I'd never do it.

But when I beat her, I was really calm, had still half my health and did not use a resurrection stone, this last fight it actually felt easy.

When I read that some lowered the difficulty after two defeats... man

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 4:49 AM, darkbeuh said:

I did not prepare my build for this fight, level 8, went in with what I was using so far.

Took me like 50 attempts and quite a time to beat her honestly, like a couple hours. But in the end, this is all about learning and patience.

Learn her patterns, and wait for the right opportunities. First I struggled hard, thinking I'd never do it.

But when I beat her, I was really calm, had still half my health and did not use a resurrection stone, this last fight it actually felt easy.

When I read that some lowered the difficulty after two defeats... man

To be fair - this was the last thing I had to do in the game and I was desperate to start my next game. lol. I couldn't even imagine doing it on Hard mode.

• 6 months later...

Wow. Valkyrie Queen was such a b*tch on Hard Difficult that I gave up after a few tries and beat her on Easy (although Normal would have been fine, but at that point I was so frustrated and just wanted to go on). I started the game on Hard and never ever changed the difficulty until there. The difficulty spike was just ridiculous. If there was a trophy such as "Beat Valkyrie Queen at least on Hard difficulty", platinum rarity would be like 2% lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3-4-2020 at 3:46 AM, effdeegee said:

Took me 4 tries with maxed out/best of everything. The best advice I can give is:

1. Practice your dodging. Literally, just stand in the shop and sidestep and roll 10 times in every direction. Quickly tapping :cross::cross: gets you nowhere in this fight because her reach/hit radius is great. Learn to stretch out the limits of your dodge before the second tap (sometimes a second tap isn't even needed). Distance helps a lot in this fight. Also, there are 3 or 4 epic runes that can make your dodge longer and faster (and stack).

2. Even with the rune specials (1 x gauntlet, 2 x axe, 2 x blades, 1 x Atreus) and 1 x maxed out rage, you can still get smoked pretty quickly. I found the key was having the resurrection stone that brings you back with full rage and low health. You can do a lot more damage, plus you can gain health back with every punch, so it ends up being full rage and (gain) half health, instead of just being low health.

You know you're going to die at least once, so dump your first rage before you die, then have another full one when you come back. Double the damage.

3. Try your best to keep your aim "locked on" (clicking down :r3: ) during the fight. It helps with keeping her in your sights, and helps avoid the waste of rage from swinging at air. When locked on during rage, you'll rubber-band to her, no matter the distance.

4. Atreus' arrows will knock her down/interrupt her if she's floating up into the air.

5. Learn to incorporate picking up health orbs during the battle. Many times I chose to ease up on the offensive combo, in exchange for picking up an orb, and that was always a good trade to make. An old boxing motto is "never chase a puncher."

6. Switch weapons regularly. This gives you 2 runes to use while the others are refreshing.

With these tips, the fight shouldn't take very long at all (on easy, less than 2min). Honestly, blocking and parrying isn't even necessary.

On easy: As soon as she opens her wings, unleashed the wolves, and dump all 5 runes, and 4 arrows. Then, go into rage. After some dancing, rune refreshing, more fighting, you'll probably die. Then it's time for rage #2. Fight should be over.

On hard: Learn how to dodge her patterns so that you can repeat the above-mentioned process several times before your first death; wolves + all runes, stay alive, wolves + all runes, stay alive.

This fight is really quite simple. You can see her attacks coming from a mile away, she always comes to you, and she pauses for a couple of seconds after each attack. Dodge her overly dramatic nonsense and donkey punch her right in the friggin' side boob. :D xD

I hope this helps someone in need. :) 

Wow, thanks! I’m going to try this out tomorrow.

• Like 1