DennisWilles

Grand Magic Trophy Buggy?

18 posts in this topic

I have been casting magic finishers forever but the trophy hasn't popped. Anyone else with the same issue?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm not done with the story yet, I thought "grand magic" might be something that Sora has yet to learn but if it's really just about magic finishers, I've been casting plenty of them as well so far... :/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, it's also bugged for me.
Hope I can get it with a new game save after beating the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Yep, it's also bugged for me.
Hope I can get it with a new game save after beating the game.

me to, is bugged.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the trophy name my guess is that you need to cast the highest magic form, which would be the fourth form that is only available through the :triangle: commands.

I don't know about you, but it took me a bit to realize that the shortcuts don't automatically upgrade whenever I acquired a higher form of magic. So maybe you didn't really cast the highest magic form yet? A quick way to find out would be to equip one of the cufflinks that you get in the different worlds. I'm not sure, but I think that I got my trophy while wearing the Water Cufflink so I could cast Waterza, since I didn't have any higher magic at the time the trophy popped.

 

But if you already did that and the trophy didn't pop then it's probably bugged.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lojtana said:

Based on the trophy name my guess is that you need to cast the highest magic form, which would be the fourth form that is only available through the :triangle: commands.

I don't know about you, but it took me a bit to realize that the shortcuts don't automatically upgrade whenever I acquired a higher form of magic. So maybe you didn't really cast the highest magic form yet? A quick way to find out would be to equip one of the cufflinks that you get in the different worlds. I'm not sure, but I think that I got my trophy while wearing the Water Cufflink so I could cast Waterza, since I didn't have any higher magic at the time the trophy popped.

 

But if you already did that and the trophy didn't pop then it's probably bugged.

 

thanks, that's a great idea! imma try that out then 😊

 

EDIT: it worked for me!!! thanks a lot! ❤️

Edited by Regenrosen
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's not just elemental finisher. At first I thought that too, but its 100% not that.

You need to use highest spell possible. Normally highest lvl are firaga,  thuntaga etc. but with combo finisher, you can use even higher lvl spell, like firaza, waterza. And that's is grand magic.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an accessory in the very first area that gave me Waterza. Got it the first time I casted that. Seems to need the highest form

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine popped very early into the game it was a triangle skill but i didn't see what as i always use specials when charged.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I got an accessory in the very first area that gave me Waterza. Got it the first time I casted that. Seems to need the highest form

 

Yea, same here.  Picked up the Water Cufflink in Olympus and equipped it to Sora and Waterza came up pretty frequently as one of my finishers.  Got the trophy the first time I used it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

Yea, same here.  Picked up the Water Cufflink in Olympus and equipped it to Sora and Waterza came up pretty frequently as one of my finishers.  Got the trophy the first time I used it.

Same too, got the Waterlink Cufflink and decided to use that, and even without me casting Water often, Waterza came up every so often and I got the trophy first time I cast it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get it also the first time you play with Riku. As many have said you need to cast an -aza level spell. -aga won't cut it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald casted Blizzard and since I had the Midnight Blue keyblade equipped, it turned into the grand magic command. Pressed triangle to win. Not bugged in the slightest.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Toy Box when I got it, I shot like 3 fire and attacked normally a couple of times, it prompted a keyblade transformation and then a firaza straight after. I've only seen it another 2 times after that, and only firaza. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Sure, Wateraga Popped up while I was doing a combo in Toy box and the trophy unlocked. 

Wasn't even trying for it  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this one without even knowing it was a trophy.

Popped in hercules. (mount Olympus) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a video about unlocking this trophy, in case somebody still needs it ;)

 

 

 

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.