Anyway to get tyrant to stop chasing you?

Quink666

So im about to do the use the jack and move the sheld in the library but i can't tyrant is there all the time and it is impossible to shake him.

He follows my where ever i go and there is  no safe rooms, he even get into the small rooms with a save point. Even if i get far a head and go back to library he magically appears there again. Pretty sure its not worth wasting ammo on him.

Checked some walkthrough and they never even hear the tyrant when doing that puzzle or any puzzle this far into the game.

Edited by Quink666

33 minutes ago, FinalFormYT said:

Yup unfortunately he teleports.

Oh really? I've never had an issue outrunning him (yet), but that may be because I took him in a wide circle before making a bee line straight for my target. 

I've got the volume on high so I can hear his footsteps when he's searching; if you remain still, sometimes he'll move on to search elsewhere. 

This part in the library is pretty tricky if he chase you, my strategy is to kill all the zombies in that part before the scene where he appears first and close the all windows for not to attract more zombies.
Try to fool him on the opposite side of the map and make the reverse path in moderate step. or for example try to shoot his head to stun him on the 2F floor and move to the library. It rarely caused me problems doing this strategy :) 

if it happens to appears in the library, it is actually not that hard to trick him

2 tips:

- Use the strategy for the bookshelfs by moving the first one and then most of them should move alongisde aswell

- just trick him by going up by the stairs then climb down the ladder in front of the bookshelfs, and that should give you plenty of time to move them without wasting a flash granade or any ammo to stun him.

pd: i bet that you have already passed this part by now, but i hope this can help everyone else       

Edited by Arielferrari19

I'm going for an S+ Rank run on a Claire A Hardcore play-through and this library sequence is a really tense part considering if i die here i'll go right back to the beginning. Not sure if i should just make my first save file right before or chance it and push it further out to the sewer section

I can't even deal with this right now? I really hate it when things chase me in horror games ? The funny thing is that I played this game multiple times when I was 10 and loved every second of it. I must be getting chicken in my old age :D

Thankfully I moved all the shelves just before Tyrant reached the library. Of course, immediately afterwards I screamed the house down when two zombies jumped me just before I reached the clocktower. ?

9 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

wait for Nemesis in RE3 remake, he will give you nightmares.

I don't think so, considering that in this remake mr.x cannot chase you in the save rooms / stars office ... if they follow the same formula on RE3 will be a walk in the park in the second time you play / understand the game

And besides there is only an enemy that causes nightmares, its the lickers! 1 hit leave you almost in a state of danger 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, Poramies said:

Late to the party but pretty sure he doesn't teleport but there are actually 2 or more of him that activate in whichever side of the building you are in. xD

Oh dear sweet lord that's a whole lotta NOPE right there!