Frugalist & Minimalist Trophy

xITSBROWNIE

1 hour ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

This is an unrelated question to the topic, but I’ve seen someone on twitch use a infinite minigun and rocket launcher. Do you know the requirements to unlock those? 

Hardcore S rank I believe, though I haven't even begun that run yet as I'm finishing up Claire's. 

On 28/01/2019 at 4:14 AM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

This is an unrelated question to the topic, but I’ve seen someone on twitch use a infinite minigun and rocket launcher. Do you know the requirements to unlock those? 

Infinite Minigun    Claire's A or B Story, S-rank on Hardcore, sub 2-hours, 3 saves or less, no bonus weapons

Infinite ATM-4 Rocket Launcher    Leon's A or B Story, S-rank on Hardcore, sub 2-hours, 3 saves or less, no bonus weapons

On 2019-01-29 at 0:25 PM, danielc655 said:

Infinite Minigun    Claire's A or B Story, S-rank on Hardcore, sub 2-hours, 3 saves or less, no bonus weapons

Infinite ATM-4 Rocket Launcher    Leon's A or B Story, S-rank on Hardcore, sub 2-hours, 3 saves or less, no bonus weapons

A scenarios only require you to beat the game in 2hours 30 minutes for s rank. 

B scenarios are under 2 hours.

Edited by Quink666

On 2/1/2019 at 3:46 AM, xTaterNutsx said:

Just a heads up for anyone going for Frugalist trophy, you can still use red/blue herb mix for extra defense or poison cure.  The guide says you can’t use any of the herbs.   Assisted is pretty easy though so the red/blue really only comes in handy for boss fights

I kinda figured you can use blue herb, could you imagine you get poisoned and cant use poison to cure yourself?

44 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

How hard is it to combine both trophies? 

Is it necessary to collect the hip pouch you need the 2 buttons for or is it enough to pick up the 5 easy ones?

If you play on assisted difficulty, it's easy to combine both trophies in one playthrough, since that's what I did. If your health falls below "caution," then you will regenerate health to get back up to "caution." I'm sure you can do it on standard as well, but you'd probably have to reload and restart a lot more often.

I wouldn't say it's necessary you pick that hip pouch up (I don't think I did), so it's definitely doable just picking up the other five. You'll definitely want to pick up as many as possible because a few parts are annoying where you need to use a key item up so you can discard it.

34 minutes ago, Piezilla57 said:

If you play on assisted difficulty, it's easy to combine both trophies in one playthrough, since that's what I did. If your health falls below "caution," then you will regenerate health to get back up to "caution." I'm sure you can do it on standard as well, but you'd probably have to reload and restart a lot more often.

I wouldn't say it's necessary you pick that hip pouch up (I don't think I did), so it's definitely doable just picking up the other five. You'll definitely want to pick up as many as possible because a few parts are annoying where you need to use a key item up so you can discard it.

Alrighty. Thanks. Will give it a try tomorrow and see. Can always just decide to do 2 playthroughs if i find it to hard and use infninite LE5 for a no heal run.

Pretty easy trophies to obtain. The Hardcore runs are easily more challenging imo. I did them both In a single run, using assisted mode, whilst playing Leon’s A scenario.

The reason you should use Leon’s A scenario is because, you don’t actually need to stockpile ammo to kill the final boss, thus saving lots of inventory space, seen as you are automatically given the Rocket launcher after 1 1/2 minutes. 

You simply need to dodge Super Tyrant, whilst attacking him occasionally until the fight times out.

I would also reccomend not upgrading the handgun with a stock, and and adding a long barrel to the Lightning Hawk as they will take up 2 slots this way.

Edited by KaKrackle
  • Like 1

I'm kinda bummed there are no S+ Rank trophies outside of the Resident Evil 2 stats page. Planning runs and managing resources between each of my 3 save points has been one of the most rewarding experiences in gaming in a long time for me.

It'll be my 100th Platinum (literally been holding off popping platinums in the Darksiders Trilogy and Metro Last Light to make RE2 my 100th), but I want to have S+ Rank in all A/B scenarios on standard and hardcore before I go for the remaining trophies.

Great game imo and up there as one of my top RE experiences, alongside RE7 (which i still need to do the DLC for) and RE3 & 4.

I'd kill for an RE3 remake in the same style as this one too. If you are listening Capcom - get to it!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

for everyone having trouble with the Tyrant Final Boss for the Frugalist trophy, It's not a "reach his HP to 0" battle, It's a timed battle, you need to wait a certain amount of time for the Rocket Launcher to drop. However it drops sooner if you just stagger him 3 times, which you can simply do with 3 grenades and then just run around.

Of course Shotgun and Magnum stagger him pretty easy too

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting both trophies and had a complete no hit run and I suck at those I just shot all corpses to make sure they dead, flame rounds for lickers, bosses I used heavy revolver and grenade launcher wasn't super tough but the constant no space in inventory was a challenge