Beware of glitched trophies

If nobody is going to contact me about this I'm deleting this post. The dev has posts on PST referring to glitched trophies. I've never cheated any game before, this game or any game in the future. Check out my trophy cabinet, why the Hell would I cheat a game that has a 2 in difficulty when I've earned all the trophies in 100's of games 10x harder than this one?

Edited by SNACH2497
don't wanna hear drama

55 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You used a downloaded save which is against the rules regardless if it actually was your save or not. There is no way you can prove it so it should be flagged.

If it is from the PSN cloud thing it is fine as everyone with psplus has that, don't know anything about this dude though.
If he did mean the psn cloud.

2 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

Before I hear any nonsense about the order of my trophies and that I may have cheated lemme say this: no trophies were unlocking for me offline. I found warp 2, didn't get the trophy; collected 10,000 points worth of food, didn't get the trophy; shot a spike & shot a bubble jet, didn't get the trophy; beat the 2nd boss, didn't get the trophy. This was all done while I was at work with Airplane mode on, not getting the "Boss 2" trophy was the final straw. Stopped playing the game a half an hour early, didn't play it during my 1 1/2 commute, got home, got online, uploaded the save to the cloud, deleted the game, downloaded the game without the patch, wouldn't let me download the save, nothing popped, got to level 5 earned the 2 projectile trophies, downloaded the patch, it's on version 1.03, not version 1.04 like it says in the guide, downloaded the save from the cloud, started up the game, loaded the save, then "warp 2, morbidly obsessed... & boss 2" all popped one after the other. 

Apologies for the run on sentence, but this had to be done. 

It will depend on the moderator that checks the report. Unfortunately with all

The vita hacks recently you will probably be flagged but you can hide one game and still be on the leaderboards. Probably the safest.

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Not sure how easy those trophies are or if it matters, but I would just not even worry about this crap tbh.

Apparently you and I care about as much about our leaderboard position: not at all. But for some people (this player is top 1000 in the world) it does matter. It would be like me telling a top 100 meter runner not to worry about their unusual blood levels. That something like that would not matter to me does not mean it should not matter to them.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a thing. There are games out there that do no unlock trophies offline or when playing on a guest account, so, I can imagine those kind of games can cause out of order stuff. If this game is one of those, the flag would never end up approved and you have nothing to worry about.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:59 AM, SNACH2497 said:

If nobody is going to contact me about this I'm deleting this post. The dev has posts on PST referring to glitched trophies. I've never cheated any game before, this game or any game in the future. Check out my trophy cabinet, why the Hell would I cheat a game that has a 2 in difficulty when I've earned all the trophies in 100's of games 10x harder than this one?

I think I missed what actually happened here.

Did something go wrong with the trophies?

Let me know what the issue was and I can look into it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went on holiday last week and bought this game for some quick fun at nights at the holiday home. It served that purpose quite well. It's a pretty fun game although sometimes deaths can seem a little harsh. The game also crashed about 10 times or so in total.

I was without internet for the whole week, which is fine of course, but I had no idea it could glitch trophies in this game. This is what went wrong for me:

• The first trophy to bug out was the second boss trophy that did not unlock, after which the game promptly crashed. Simply loading the game back up and beating him again straight away solved it.
  • The second glitch was with the secret levels. I beat them all four but when the gold trophy for doing them all didn't pop I checked the trophy list and noticed that I should have received a bronze for each single secret level too. I closed the game and went back to the secret levels planning on doing them again. Entering the first secret level unlocked the bronze trophy for level 4 and 3. Then nothing. So I exited and entered one again, which popped the trophies for levels 1 and 2. Entering yet another level unlocked the gold trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, pinkrobot_pb said:

I went on holiday last week and bought this game for some quick fun at nights at the holiday home. It served that purpose quite well. It's a pretty fun game although sometimes deaths can seem a little harsh. The game also crashed about 10 times or so in total.

I was without internet for the whole week, which is fine of course, but I had no idea it could glitch trophies in this game. This is what went wrong for me:

• The first trophy to bug out was the second boss trophy that did not unlock, after which the game promptly crashed. Simply loading the game back up and beating him again straight away solved it.
  • The second glitch was with the secret levels. I beat them all four but when the gold trophy for doing them all didn't pop I checked the trophy list and noticed that I should have received a bronze for each single secret level too. I closed the game and went back to the secret levels planning on doing them again. Entering the first secret level unlocked the bronze trophy for level 4 and 3. Then nothing. So I exited and entered one again, which popped the trophies for levels 1 and 2. Entering yet another level unlocked the gold trophy.

I'm sorry to hear about the crashes and trophy issues.

I built in a trophy-check system that occurs on the overworld (level select).

This is for the cases where someone may have had connection issues or any other reason a trophy might have not popped.

If you sit on that map the game checks for each of the trophies over the course of 30 or so seconds and unlocks any that have been earned but not popped.

I can only guess that what happened with you is one or two trophies began triggering as you were entering each level, as there is no check made on entering levels, only when completing the tasks listed in the trophy descriptions and while the checks are being made on the world map.

I spaced the timing out because triggering any and all missed trophies at the same time lead to only the first few unlocking with my testing.

I had hoped this trophy checking method would be convenient for anyone who had unlock issues but it seems to have confused people.

For that I apologize.

10 hours ago, breathofwater said:

For that I apologize.

Don't worry about it. If I had paid a little more attention to both the trophy list and the public service announcements online then it would have not been much of an issue anyway. And I don't think I will be flagged for these timestamps, as you as the dev have already acknowledged that issues like mine with the trophies can happen.

Anyway, it would not keep me from buying any of your other games in the future. I really liked this one as a pick up and play Vita title. For experienced platform gamers it will probably not be very challenging, but for me it was just right. I also liked the trophy list itself.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 13/07/2019 at 2:01 PM, NathanielJohn said:

I'm not sure if this matters anymore (this thread is a mess), but I just played through this game in airplane mode (On an airplane!) and 2 trophies didnt unlock when they were supposed to. Fortunately they were both easily repeatable (boss 2 and 10000 cookies).

I just came here to mention that, I never realised airplane mode interfered with trophies :/  Luckily only Boss 2 glitched on mine.

My game crashed a lot on the mine cart levels :/

Edited by Dark_Overlord