Sharing some general tips on getting the platinum

realHiromi

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like to add something in Step 2:

save the game before enter the Grand. After a couple fights and a long cinematic, the game will kick you out to the title screen and you will lose everything.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Unless you want to spend 1+ hour on the Poker game for Haruka’s Request due to RNG nonsense, save all 4 of your Royal Joker Cards. 

Get a solid hand aka a face card Pair and then use the RJC. This will bump you up to a 3 of a kind which in most cases is unbeatable and you can raise and win 250-350 chips if you do it right.

I did CP stuff ahead of time and wasted all but 1 card. 

Don’t be dumb like me.

• Like 1

Okay, I've got a question regarding platinum in Kiwami 2. How it is compared to Kiwami 1? Are there annoying parts like doing 950+ on Karaoke for Haruka or that god damn highway chase on Legend difficulty? Those sections were seriously bad programmed... Aparat from that I managed with everything else without too much trouble. Even Jo Amon wasn't that bad with items from Climax battles. And belive it or not, I did the rotation on pool on the first try, the trick with the piece of paper was spot on. 

So, are there similar "bullshits" like that in Kiwami 2 or is it more straight forward without some annoying difficulty spikes in pointless activities? 

6 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Okay, I've got a question regarding platinum in Kiwami 2. How it is compared to Kiwami 1? Are there annoying parts like doing 950+ on Karaoke for Haruka or that god damn highway chase on Legend difficulty?

Nothing as challenging as those in Kiwami 2. Karaoke is back but much easier imo, I got most on my first try. No on rails shooting section in this game at all, legend difficulty is a complete cake walk assuming you max out your skills and get the infinite durability weapons before starting NG+.

The only bad part of 100% completion in Kiwami 2 is the bouncer missions. Sort of a replacement for climax battles there are 20 something of them, decent challenge but nothing crazy. However, each one has 3 difficulty levels and there are 20 something of them and you have to do all difficulties. So you have to do 70 something battles total. It's a pretty long grind even if you're using infinite durability weapons. Took me like a day and a half of playing to get through them all.

That is it though, trophy list is very easy compared to the first game.

On 18/10/2020 at 9:44 PM, Patrickosan said:

Okay, I've got a question regarding platinum in Kiwami 2. How it is compared to Kiwami 1? Are there annoying parts like doing 950+ on Karaoke for Haruka or that god damn highway chase on Legend difficulty? Those sections were seriously bad programmed... Aparat from that I managed with everything else without too much trouble. Even Jo Amon wasn't that bad with items from Climax battles. And belive it or not, I did the rotation on pool on the first try, the trick with the piece of paper was spot on. 

So, are there similar "bullshits" like that in Kiwami 2 or is it more straight forward without some annoying difficulty spikes in pointless activities? 

I agree with @ZenaxPure. It's definitely easier than the first Kiwami. 

The mini-games are mostly pretty easy, though some are a bit grindy. For example Mahjongg takes a while but you can use cheat items a few times to help out, and you'll spend a while in the batting cages grinding for points. The golf bingo challenge for Haruka took me a few attempts and the karaoke one took about 4 or 5 attempts - it's easier than Kiwami though as you only need 90 which you need for completion in each song anyway. Haruka's other challenges are piss easy, mostly buying her food to stuff her face with. 

The bouncer missions you can cheese as you can take whatever weapons and gear you want. You can even take loads of sacrifice stones if you want to avoid dying completely. :)

Generally, I found that by the time I had completed the side missions and stuff like cabaret club (which were all enjoyable to me and didn't feel grindy) I had done like 95% of the game already. Just mix it up so you don't have like all of clan creator or all of the bouncer missions at the end. I have a few more to do to finish and it does get a bit boring after a while.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 11:44 PM, Patrickosan said:

It's pretty straight forward in general but Haruka's Poker request might be irritating since you have to collect 1000 chips in a single game. I suggest getting 4-5 Royal Cards (2 of them are obtained from the locker keys, 1 of them you need to reach SSS Rank with Haruka, and the other 2 are hidden in the cities across (1 being at the near of Acupuncturist, right near of the door (inside the building) in Sotenbori and the other one is at the east of the Beam, where you take the stairs in Kamurocho) and then attempting the request. Unlike Kiwami, the requests are in random order so you can go out to Sotenbori and then to Kamurocho for having different request than before.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:48 AM, bobthecrazydog said:

The golf bingo challenge for Haruka took me a few attempts

You know what, I totally blocked this out of my mind. Golf bingo took me a few hours, was pretty annoying. Not as bad as any of the annoying stuff from the first game though of course, but still worth pointing out.

Edited by ZenaxPure