This game is too long and drags on ! It is good, but it drags on.

starscream171

If you think Mana is too long then I don't think RPGs are for you.

I saw this thread in the forums and didn't know what game it was for. I was going to agree thinking it was for a puzzle game that just had too many levels making it tedious to solve the same puzzle over and over again but Mana is actually a short RPG and because of its play style the action keeps moving and you aren't bogged down with huge drawn out cut scenes.

Also the monster encyclopedia just has you beating ever enemy once. As long as you are killing things as you go you will never miss an enemy on that list (except for 1 or 2 that may need to spawn).

I hope you continue to enjoy the game but you platted FFX-2 so you have done WAY more tedious side quests than the Mana Enemy Guide.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, starscream171 said:

This game is too long and drags on ! It is good, but it drags on.

I am before the first vampire lord and I gotta say this game is too long.

I wish that the monster encyclopedia was not so tedious to complete.

If you consider SoM tedious then do yourself a favour and don't ever start Star Ocean: TLH...

Probably not one for RPGs in all honesty, personally i wouldnt consider SoM tedious (only played the original so I don't know if they e added anything) so if you find that, I'd steer clear of the genre.

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

If you think Mana is too long then I don't think RPGs are for you.

I saw this thread in the forums and didn't know what game it was for. I was going to agree thinking it was for a puzzle game that just had too many levels making it tedious to solve the same puzzle over and over again but Mana is actually a short RPG and because of its play style the action keeps moving and you aren't bogged down with huge drawn out cut scenes.

Also the monster encyclopedia just has you beating ever enemy once. As long as you are killing things as you go you will never miss an enemy on that list (except for 1 or 2 that may need to spawn).

I hope you continue to enjoy the game but you platted FFX-2 so you have done WAY more tedious side quests than the Mana Enemy Guide.

Am I far from the end ? I am before the 1st vampire lord boss...

He's not wrong though. As soon as you reach the sprite village the story seems to get reduced to the bare minimum of go from A to B and kill everything without any meaningful characterization along the way. Makes the game feel more tedious than it is because it started much stronger.

Yesterday mine crushed in a cutscene ^^

Was the first time.

5 hours ago, Scorpions444 said:

since its an RPG and in the trophy guide it says only 25hours to plat (can only use that as a reference as havent played myself) then I'd say its not long compared to other rpg games (as everyone else said) 

It depends on luck.

I hate this plat. Really. The mana games are awesome on ps vita, i loved adventures of mana back in 2016, but som is very frustrating.

There are a few rare drops in the game - and they can only be found at a few spots as a drop from rare chests which also drop from a few specific enemies.

You have to grind them before moving on and that sucks. You play about 15 hours - and after that you have to grind for the first - 20 mins of gameplay after that - grind again. 20 mins of playtime after that... grind again.. and so on...

The watcher ring took me 3 hours. The imp ring took me 5 hours. One helm also took me about 3 hours - i am at 34 hours now and i have all of the rare drops now. So i moved on and now i have ... to grind for thw rank 8 spells -.- and then i can move on and need to grind for the weapon ranks again..

Its sooooo boring to plat this game. The game itself is funny - but the grind is a pain because it only depends on luck. 

I love jrpgs and i did the platinum of a few final fantasy games, digimon, ys, sword art online, persona, tales of hearts, neptunia,... all of them had grind parts and all of them take about 80-130h. But you feel a progress while grinding. In som its only luck based and that sucks hard.

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 1