People Completed already?

I know the game has been out for over a month now, but I'm not seeing how the PS Network has some people showing as completed. Unless I'm wrong, the only way to progress is while actually playing the game, you can auto do things if you walk away, but that only goes so far and won't auto complete and queue up a new adventure. One of the rarest trophies is complete 250 Free Play Runs. To do that from my understanding you need to get to level 50, I know eventually you get enough bonus gold that it should go quickly, but even at an average of say 10 minutes that's 2500 minutes or almost 60 hours. I guess that seems doable if that is all you play straight and I know some people do. But even if that was the case I would expect someone on this board to at least have completed it but currently I'm seeing 0 PSNProfile players having completed it.

As far as I'm aware I don't think there are enough variants to have unlocked that 72 variant trophy...but I could be wrong maybe by now, with events that have been out, it's obtainable. Technically you can rubber band the controller and keep it on to make progress on things as well, by like you said, you still have to swap over adventures, etc. 

Edited by GunfighterHefty
Additional Info

As of right now, it's still only possible to complete the 72 variants with a boost from the events. Only 67 non event variants currently in game, and some of them are virtually impossible without having most of the event characters. I'm currently at 66 completed, so should make it during next week's event.  The freeplay runs are taking me on average 30-45 minutes now and have just over 140 left to go for that one. The one that astonishes me is how fast some people got the 1 million monster kills, I've been playing pretty much only this since mid-December and just passed 750k. At current rate, I anticipate having the platinum sometime in February.

Edited by Zebkoril

9 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I finished clicker heroes, how does this compare to them in terms of length?

No way to cheese I assume

You can't cheese since it's all online.

Time-wise spent in the game, this is shorter unless you exploit in CH. I've been playing every days since this came out and I'm about to only be missing 100 or so free plays and 24 variants. 100 x 40 or so minutes per free play = 67 hours. As for the variants I'm gonna do the ones that aren't too difficult, it should take about 2 weeks and then I should be around 55. Then I'll probably stop playing this and just do the events variants when they're available. I've only bought the cat familiar with real money which doesn't help all that much but you can speedup your progress by a lot if you buy good champions and other stuff.

I only got the 1m kills a couple days ago. I'm guessing most of the people that got 1m way faster let their game run all nights. I only ever left it running 1 time while sleeping.

@Zebkoril

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 1

Somewhat related question -- does it make the most sense from a progression standpoint to focus on completing the free runs first?  I am trying some variants, but several of them have resulted in getting to level 99 of 100 and then getting stuck for a while without being able to kill the boss.

• 3 weeks later...

I've personally been doing free runs first on normal game and trying to get the variants during the events if I can since those are limited time frame. I figure once I get the 250 free runs to level 50 I should be fairly powered up (or whatever you would call it in this type of game) that the variants would be much easier. So I do the events to get the characters, then run 4 to 5 free runs for increasing cost and then do variants if I have time/resources to pay for them. While not doing events I just do normal. Then again I play the game a couple of days in a row every week or two so my progress is fairly slow at this point.

Stupid Gems of War is keeping too much of my time with one of the latest trophies being a huge grind....

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, WavesOfActivity said:

Somewhat related question -- does it make the most sense from a progression standpoint to focus on completing the free runs first?  I am trying some variants, but several of them have resulted in getting to level 99 of 100 and then getting stuck for a while without being able to kill the boss.

The variants only reward gems and you can grind those pretty easy. No real reason to force an early victory on them. If the variant requires area 175 and you can't even break past area 100 then don't waste your time trying to force it to happen. The exceptions are events because you can't come back for awhile (within reason)

Edited by Frozen_Guardian
  • Like 1

I would never bother with free plays before the last event....

I'm playing from EU acc so I don't have a reason to farm crystals. But if you do, free runs will help a lot because of golden chest you can buy in shop for 500cr each. Every 10th golden chest will grant a purple item. So, by farming crystals doing freeplays till 50 you will definitely earn the trophy faster and accumulate some useful items for the core team in the process.

But... this current event brought Black Viper into game and she gets better the more bosses you kill with her being active in the party. I guess, now freeplay runs have some means even for us, european-Psn-peasants.

For the sake of some boring statistics:

e10 Torm's favor : Mad Wizzard Free play - lvl 50 in about 15 mins / lvl 100 in ~30 - 5-7 Red Gems for Black Viper +~100cr

[Deekin for speed, Paultin for gold, some slot fillers around him and BV, doing and lvling mainly clicks]

You'll need a clicking familiar / turbo gamepad. ~e10 of favor to be able to get Black Viper's ability to gather red gems before the first boss. Deekin will fasten mob's spawn rate, which is useful every now and then. Paultin have the biggest gold find bonus even naked (Ishi will do too). In my case, by the time I get to around lvl 50 I have ~ e20 gold so I buy e17 Black Vipers' Collector upgrade for a litltle gem' drop chance boost, Paultin's e12 and e20 Lucky Chance upgrades and Arkhan for another 50% gold find from his item. Get to lvl 100-105 rinse and repeat.

Edit:

On a different note, I've looked at the milestones section and saw the numbers. After quite some time of playing (5 or so months) and 4 completed events I've killed ~5000 bosses. If I could use Black Viper all this time, I would have around 1500 Red Gems on her. Its a huge boost (x4 to damage and other bonuses) but not enough at early to middle stages for her to compete with other damage dealers such as Arkhan, Strix, Krond or Birdsong, no matter what items she has...

I think, she was designed as a motivator for other platforms' endgame-players to keep grinding, not for consoles' newbies for sure.

Edited by BrotherKM-RU
  • Like 1