PanBeskosty

Ranked Matches

10 posts in this topic

Since you could just turbo this using 2 ps3s or another human being, I don't think it really matters to have more activity in the servers or not. It's just playing matches, not winning them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2019 at 8:20 PM, TheYuriG said:

Since you could just turbo this using 2 ps3s or another human being, I don't think it really matters to have more activity in the servers or not. It's just playing matches, not winning them.

Do you know how long that would take? That sounds really my favorite kind of grind!

 

And if there's cross play with Vita? 

 

Seeing the rarity of it, I'm starting to think in doing this game instead of Vessel (or do both) for an event that I'm participating here.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Do you know how long that would take? That sounds really my favorite kind of grind!

 

And if there's cross play with Vita? 

 

Seeing the rarity of it, I'm starting to think in doing this game instead of Vessel (or do both) for an event that I'm participating here.. 

 

PS3 and Vita are cross play, PS4 is separate 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2019 at 9:20 PM, TheYuriG said:

Since you could just turbo this using 2 ps3s or another human being, I don't think it really matters to have more activity in the servers or not. It's just playing matches, not winning them.

Turbo controler worked ? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 7:43 PM, Blazhead said:

Turbo controler worked ? 

It works. I have both my ps3s running with a turbo controller and the other three people farming 2000 online fights are also using a turbo controller and also leave their ps3 running all day and night. So far I have encountered a real human player less than 10 times in about 15 hours, though I obviously haven't watched every match, I got better things to do, like sleeping and play other games.

It's important to set the kick button to X and just turbo that button. It'll start your next match and do the kick move to get close to another. They double KO a bit more often than I would like, but it works (I've seen round 14 in a best of 5 match ...). If you can set your turbo speed, don't set it too high.

It days take 3.5 days to get the 2000 matches though. I just finished and it took me 85 hours.

The 1000 VS matches go faster since there's no search involved and you can set the yolo gem for both characters and than just do rematch, they keep their gems this way for instant win. Set X as kick for one character and another button as kick for the other to avoid double KO. Still takes about 9 hours to do the 1000 matches with two turbo controllers.

Edited by de_digibeet
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 8, 2019 at 5:07 AM, de_digibeet said:

It works. I have both my ps3s running with a turbo controller and the other three people farming 2000 online fights are also using a turbo controller and also leave their ps3 running all day and night. So far I have encountered a real human player less than 10 times in about 15 hours, though I obviously haven't watched every match, I got better things to do, like sleeping and play other games.

It's important to set the kick button to X and just turbo that button. It'll start your next match and do the kick move to get close to another. They double KO a bit more often than I would like, but it works (I've seen round 14 in a best of 5 match ...). If you can set your turbo speed, don't set it too high.

It days take 3.5 days to get the 2000 matches though. I just finished and it took me 85 hours.

The 1000 VS matches go faster since there's no search involved and you can set the yolo gem for both characters and than just do rematch, they keep their gems this way for instant win. Set X as kick for one character and another button as kick for the other to avoid double KO. Still takes about 9 hours to do the 1000 matches with two turbo controllers.

That human is me, jk lol. I have encountered you a few times.

 

Unfortunately, I dont have turbo so im doing on my vita with my ps3 in ranked searching. My ps3 dummy has stolen a lot of matches from me, idk if its matchmaking preferring ps3 or my vita just being out of luck. So far the online is easy enough to beat most randoms even human players, I do recommend being wary of Fencer players. As for the grind you can do about 50-75 matches before vita dies so you will either need to charge regualrly or keep it plugged in and hope it doesnt overheat. 

 

Verus still works on vita but it is wonky and will split the controls to be d-pad (left+down) for P1 and the buttons (x+o) to be P2. To Kick you will need to press down (P1) and o (P2). To dive you will need to press back (P1) and x (P2) If you got a ps3 just do it on there as Vita is hard to maneuver and wastes battery. The real benefit is just having the option for it on the vita.

 

As for turbo speeds I agree, Ive encountered people turboing too fast that im stuck waiting at the ready up screen for 3 mins to the point I just abandon it and move on. When you do fight them, they move too fast that they become hard to hit. Ive seen some people turboing with a positive win/loss ratio which is shocking as most of their losses are to me lol.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had quite a positive win/loss ratio. I have deleted my stats by now from my notes, but the were along the lines of 1300-700. What I found most interesting was that my alternative account never moved at all during fights and still managed to win 130 matches. I saw how though, a real person using the yolo gem and then jumping backwards so my character was closer to the middle when the timer ran out. If you're doing this manually, use the yolo gem and lose the match as fast as you can. Win/loss ratio is of no value for the trophy.
 

6 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

As for turbo speeds I agree, Ive encountered people turboing too fast that im stuck waiting at the ready up screen for 3 mins to the point I just abandon it and move on.

Yep, I've seen this too. My turbo controller has three speeds, I used the middle speed for my main ps3 and the slow for my secondary account. This way they couldn't be in sync with each other in ready/cancel. And Matches against other turbo controller people and against real people would start. Though I still had to switch turbo speed or turn off turbo to get the match started more often than I liked.

 

6 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

My ps3 dummy has stolen a lot of matches from me, idk if its matchmaking preferring ps3 or my vita just being out of luck.

I though this was an issue as well, however, the online population has increased a bit over the past few days (I've dropped out now though). Another thing I noticed was that I was never paired against the same opponent in a row. Maybe the servers keep tabs on that, I have no idea. I do find it suspicious that I was never facing the same opponent in a row on either ps3. If you see this happening, then my theory is obviously wrong. But for now my data supports this theory. So your dummy account might not be stealing your matches but making them available again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

I had quite a positive win/loss ratio. I have deleted my stats by now from my notes, but the were along the lines of 1300-700. What I found most interesting was that my alternative account never moved at all during fights and still managed to win 130 matches. I saw how though, a real person using the yolo gem and then jumping backwards so my character was closer to the middle when the timer ran out. If you're doing this manually, use the yolo gem and lose the match as fast as you can. Win/loss ratio is of no value for the trophy.
 

Yep, I've seen this too. My turbo controller has three speeds, I used the middle speed for my main ps3 and the slow for my secondary account. This way they couldn't be in sync with each other in ready/cancel. And Matches against other turbo controller people and against real people would start. Though I still had to switch turbo speed or turn off turbo to get the match started more often than I liked.

 

I though this was an issue as well, however, the online population has increased a bit over the past few days (I've dropped out now though). Another thing I noticed was that I was never paired against the same opponent in a row. Maybe the servers keep tabs on that, I have no idea. I do find it suspicious that I was never facing the same opponent in a row on either ps3. If you see this happening, then my theory is obviously wrong. But for now my data supports this theory. So your dummy account might not be stealing your matches but making them available again.

Must be because how populated it was at the time. I stumbled upon the same 4 people usually consecutively. The most I had in a row vs the same person was 5 matches. I decided to use solely my vita and not my dummy and got about 60 or so matches online. I only dropped 4 or 5 of the set. As you mentioned people lost to idle players as I saw a few who utilized the YOLO gem and just waited and fhey have a PR of about 200-300. A friend of mine who turbod had a PR of about 400-500 everytime I stumbled upon him even tho we usually connected. Another thing I saw is after a while people who didnt use turbo just settled for YOLO gem online to speed it up, myself included.

 

As for my dummy, it usually got the same people. Say for example, I search on vita and give like a 5-10 second headstart before going on my ps3, the Ps3 will get a match almost instanteous. I found it suspicious as to how I could sit waiting for 3-5 minutes on vita and get 3-5 encounters on PS3 before encountering myself. I do recommend just soloing and if its dead then try a dummy. The win/loss isnt too important as chances are people will either use some of the top tiers like Dr. Shoals or a broken character like Fencer and steal a win off you anyhow. If you find people on using YOLO then try to remember their PSN so you can prepare to either get a free win or offer a win. You can also try YOLO gem yourself as I have and it results in both players with 4 matches won under the belt. But, then you end up with a game of chicken lol. 

 

As for win/loss ratio I am not giving up my Gat placing lol. Got a 200+ streak trying to aim for 1st and Im 1st on LB with Redacted.

 

If you try and play online legit, the only advice I can offer aside from YOLO gem is learn the matchup and be patient. Expect the occasional Double KO, I've gotten 2 in one match. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.